PDA

View Full Version : PM swaps to GWS

Mr.1975
23-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Just caught a good story about our young Pups on Channel 10 News followed by a cut to the PM trading in her Bulldogs scarf for a GWS jumper. Did anyone else see this travesty?

I have sent an email to the PM expressing my views on this (as below)

here is the link if u want to send her an email :
http://www.pm.gov.au/PM_Connect/contact_your_pm_form

Prime Minister Gillard,

I'm writing to express my disappointment on seeing you on tonight’s news on Channel 10. I saw you trade your mighty Western Bulldogs scarf for a GWS jumper and in the process seem quite happy to do so.

I understand that politicians will use and abuse anything for a bit of publicity but this, in my opinion is utterly disgraceful and un-Australian behavior.

This stunt seen by many Bulldogs fans and Victorian AFL fans will leave a sour taste in their mouths. Personally I am appalled and steering away from your ALP Government.

I have always voted ALP - but starting this weekend with the Victorian elections I will NOT- and that goes for any future elections you are involved or associated with.

Yours sincerely; A true Bulldog through and through.

Email your Prime Minister
Thank you for your message to the Prime Minister.
Your message was successfully submitted.
If you provided an email address, a confirmation receipt will be issued within 24 hours. This email will include a copy of your message. If you do not receive this confirmation this may mean that there is a problem with the email address you provided.
Responses prepared to your message will generally be emailed to you. If you have supplied a postal address, a response may be sent to you via Australia Post. In some cases, your message may be forwarded to other Federal Ministers for their consideration.

The Coon Dog
23-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I saw it, took it for what it was, a bit of publicity for GWS, chill man!

w3design
23-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Stabs Rudd in the back, stabs the Bulldogs too.

Never voted for her anyway.

;)

LostDoggy
23-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Any chance of YouTube anyone? I watch SBS and ABC news. :o

mighty_west
23-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Email Jules over a publicity stunt???

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6323/johnmcenroe31296771c.jpg

Danny the snakeman
23-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Relax mate,while your on the puter emailing the PM see if you can google yourself a sense of humour.

Bulldog4life
23-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Relax mate,while your on the puter emailing the PM see if you can google yourself a sense of humour.

Agree entirely.

Desipura
24-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Any chance of YouTube anyone? I watch SBS and ABC news. :o

You are too cultured. ;)

Twodogs
24-11-2010, 12:29 PM
You are too cultured. ;)

Just like yoghurt.

Bulldog Joe
24-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Saw the item on the news and not alarmed at all.

Julia did take her Bulldog scarf and Sheedy just held it for her while they took the publicity shots.

It seemed that she made her allegiance to the Doggies important by having her scarf with her.

LostDoggy
24-11-2010, 02:16 PM
You are too cultured. ;)

You think that's cultured, I, too, watch SBS news, but only the foreign language ones. :D

Greystache
24-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Just saw the footage, talk about an overreaction!

LostDoggy
24-11-2010, 06:12 PM
You are too cultured. ;)

In thongs, flanno and with a can of Jim Beam,
I watch world events unfold on free-to-air stream.
Voyeur to fast moving facts and pompous politics,
SBS and ABC serve up my daily nightly news fix.

:):cool::D;)

Remi Moses
24-11-2010, 11:57 PM
The world has gone officially gone mad!:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
25-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Email Jules over a publicity stunt???

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6323/johnmcenroe31296771c.jpg

Exactly!

westdog54
25-11-2010, 11:20 AM
The world has gone officially gone mad!:rolleyes:

Not the world, just one over-reacting poster

Desipura
25-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Not the world, just one over-reacting poster
Give the poster a break, they are very passionate and took something to heart. Mr 1975 is not alone to overracting to things, many on here have done the same thing (myself included).
End of the day, their heart is in the right place WITH THE MIGHLTY BULLDOGS!

LostDoggy
25-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Give the poster a break, they are very passionate and took something to heart. Mr 1975 is not alone to overracting to things, many on here have done the same thing (myself included).
End of the day, their heart is in the right place WITH THE MIGHLTY BULLDOGS!

Good post, I was thinking along the same line. :)

LostDoggy
25-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Saw the item on the news and not alarmed at all.

Julia did take her Bulldog scarf and Sheedy just held it for her while they took the publicity shots.

It seemed that she made her allegiance to the Doggies important by having her scarf with her.

Absolutely. The fact she wore it along to the GWS do is fantastic. Obviously, they didn't want her wearing the Dogs scarf at the same time. If anything, she did us a favour (and continues to do so) as we got our colours and team brand on the news for a GWS event.

mighty_west
25-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Absolutely. The fact she wore it along to the GWS do is fantastic. Obviously, they didn't want her wearing the Dogs scarf at the same time. If anything, she did us a favour (and continues to do so) as we got our colours and team brand on the news for a GWS event.

Plus she made Sheeds hold the Doggies scarf whilst she held up the GWS top, had she actually put on their top, well.....but she didn't....;)

Dazza
25-11-2010, 04:42 PM
That email had me laughing. Slight over reaction.

LostDoggy
26-11-2010, 12:55 PM
We should use Julia to market a push for ginger support. We have Huddo's beard, the PM, Cooney… We need to push to get the Bulldogs recognised as the Ginger Football Club Of Choice.

gohardorgohome
26-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I'll say up front and say here that I didnt vote for Julia Gillard.
Interesting stats here about how ardent that Ms Gillard has been in supporting the doggies over the last few years. I googled "julia gillard" "western bulldogs" and set date ranges.

In 2005 there were 5 results for this search.
**All of these pages just happen to have both "julia gillard" and "western bulldogs" No actual quote.***

In 2006 there were 9 results for this search.
In 2007 there were 88 results for this search.
In 2008 there were 239 results for this search.
In 2009 there were 270 results for this search.
In 2010 there were 21400 results for this search.

I would have thought if she were as mad keen about the dogs even back in 2005 when she was the local member for Lalor that she would have at least been quoted in the local press proclaiming her support for our club .

I stand to be corrected but to me it seems she is not as died in the wool supporter as she may claim to be!!!!

LongWait
26-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Interesting stats here about how ardent that Ms Gillard has been in supporting the doggies over the last few years. I googled "julia gillard" "western bulldogs" and set date ranges.

**All of these pages just happen to have both "julia gillard" and "western bulldogs" No actual quote.***

I would have thought if she were as mad keen about the dogs even back in 2005 when she was the local member for Lalor that she would have at least been quoted in the local press proclaiming her support for our club .

I stand to be corrected but to me it seems she is not as died in the wool supporter as she may claim to be!!!!

Would you prefer that she claim to be a Collingwood supporter then - they need more exposure and publicity....

Twodogs
26-11-2010, 02:38 PM

In 2006 she was the shadow education minister. The media arent interested in who the shadow cabinet barrack for. She became a minister in late 2007 and then naturally the interest in her personal details rises. In 2010 she becomes PM and then almost the first question everyone wants to know is "What footy team do you follow?"

That could be the explanation.

Murphy'sLore
26-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm amazed gohard found any references from 2005-6 at all!

Remi Moses
26-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I might google "get a life" :rolleyes:

OLD SCRAGGer
26-11-2010, 03:00 PM
i might google "get a life" :rolleyes:

:d :d :d

OLD SCRAGGer
26-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Made me smile :D :D :D

Maddog37
26-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I saw the footage and all I could focus on was her giant earlobes! They are absolute rippers.

gohardorgohome
26-11-2010, 06:48 PM

It only took about a minute to do.

I now have lots of time left to to live my life....I am just not big on people who do a pretty crap job who try to use our footy club for political points...

Also not to big on people who jump on bandwagons hence my dislike of Essendon...

The Underdog
26-11-2010, 06:55 PM

I now have lots of time left to to live my life....I am just not big on people who do a pretty crap job who try to use our footy club for political points...
Also not to big on people who jump on bandwagons hence my dislike of Essendon...

What like John Howard?
I mean thanks for the money and all John but I'm pretty sure when he whacked a Dogs scarf on to announce the Federal Govt handing us cash towards the upgrade of Whitten Oval it wasn't for anything other than political points. They're high level politicians, everything is for political points.

Remi Moses
26-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Yeah pretty ordinary got us through the GFC! Anyway pretty sure I saw an ex PM getting all excited when we qualified for the 06 world cup.
Should I google Howard's interest in the world game!! Hmmmmm me thinks bandwagon or speaking of the Bombres a certain opposition leader bouncing a Football at windy Hill.

mighty_west
26-11-2010, 07:22 PM

Julia can use ours and her footy club for political points as much as she wants as far as i'm concerned, the more of it the better, bring it on Jules....;)

Remi Moses
26-11-2010, 07:24 PM
What like John Howard?
I mean thanks for the money and all John but I'm pretty sure when he whacked a Dogs scarf on to announce the Federal Govt handing us cash towards the upgrade of Whitten Oval it wasn't for anything other than political points. They're high level politicians, everything is for political points.

Agreed they all do it vividly recall Howard sitting in his loungeroom watching the World Cup:confused:

Bulldog4life
26-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Agreed they all do it vividly recall Howard sitting in his loungeroom watching the World Cup:confused:

With his Australia tracksuit on.:) Used to roll that out when he knew there was a good photo opportunity.

Remi Moses
26-11-2010, 09:08 PM
With his Australia tracksuit on.:) Used to roll that out when he knew there was a good photo opportunity.

Such a rusted on fan of the game.
Seeing we're on the smaller end of Football exposure not a bad thing I would have thought.

azabob
26-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah pretty ordinary got us through the GFC! Anyway pretty sure I saw an ex PM getting all excited when we qualified for the 06 world cup.
Should I google Howard's interest in the world game!! Hmmmmm me thinks bandwagon or speaking of the Bombres a certain opposition leader bouncing a Football at windy Hill.

Don't forget Howards love of cricket and what an excellent spin bowler he was. :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
26-11-2010, 10:47 PM

Dogs were kind of poo in 2005, and Joooolia was a nobody. Hence the lack of Googleness...

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Don't forget Howards love of cricket and what an excellent spin bowler he was. :rolleyes:

Well, to give the man some credit in this case, he actually is/was a cricket tragic, and only had to ham it up slightly to play to his middle Australia/'battler' territory electorate. Sometimes I think Australia would have been better off in all senses of the word if he had became CA president rather than prime minister -- his skill at listening to (some would say pandering to) the voice of the people may have come in handy in shaping the future direction of Australian cricket compared to the tin ear of the current administration, and pandering to the baser instincts of the electorate don't impact the world as much when it relates to sport as does in government.

ps. Being shit at bowling doesn't disqualify a guy from loving the sport -- if it did most of us wouldn't qualify to watch any professional sport!

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I doubt Howard played much cricket at all as a youngster. He would have been a 'nerd' of the highest order. His sporting interest is all fake and more about nationalism.
He only got a chance at the Cricket role cos he was Prime Minister. No surprise most of the cricket world saw through the BS.

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Sorry Wikipedia says I'm wrong but I don't doubt the nationalism part.

westdog54
28-11-2010, 02:16 AM
I doubt Howard played much cricket at all as a youngster. He would have been a 'nerd' of the highest order. His sporting interest is all fake and more about nationalism.
He only got a chance at the Cricket role cos he was Prime Minister. No surprise most of the cricket world saw through the BS.

Personally I'd have to disagree. I think he's just one of those people who is a genuine sporting tragic. Still remember him up on his feet applauding when Wayne Arthurs was playing Nicolas Escude in the Davis Cup.

Don't get me wrong, he's not my favourite person in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but I can only be so cynical about one person.

LostDoggy
28-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Personally I'd have to disagree. I think he's just one of those people who is a genuine sporting tragic. Still remember him up on his feet applauding when Wayne Arthurs was playing Nicolas Escude in the Davis Cup.

Thats exactly it, he wouldn't know the game from a bar of soap, its all about nationalism. Everything thats non Australian he couldn't give a stuff about ie Western Bulldogs. Did you see his face at the presentation when Australia lost the Rugby WC. Looked as if he just had cacked his dacks amd reeked of poor sportmanship.

He is tragic because he is such a loser.