PDA

View Full Version : Something to boast about?

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Ok Guys, over the years we’ve all indulged in something for ourselves, and possibly something to do with the Bulldogs.

On the other hand, we may have received presents associated with the Bulldogs that we didn’t expect, or just couldn’t (or wouldn’t) spend on ourselves.

I’m fortunate enough to be able to boast that I’ve have just celebrated a significant birthday (starts with 6 and ends with 0) and received as a present; personalized number plates (DOG 054).

Whilst I’m extremely proud to have received the plates, just how lucky am I to receive the ‘54’?

Are there any other WOOF members who would like to ‘boast’ about unexpected Bulldog related presents?

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately - not! Am just a little envious of your new number plates - what a great present for a significant birthday! BTW - hope it was a happy one!:D

w3design
27-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Happy birthday DD.

Now the less footy-inclined people will think you are 6 years younger than you are, if they make a judgement on your plates.

Doggy
27-11-2010, 02:44 PM
My nephew trained with the Cannons last year and got to know young Wallis and Libba. He has organized a guernsey signed by the two boys and their fathers. Hopefully should have it for Chrissy

stefoid
27-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Doesnt that mean youll just have to trade them in for 'DOG-11' in 10 months time?!?!

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 03:55 PM
In '97 the horror Prelim fell on my birthday, and after I got home from the 'G, my significant other at the time had bought me Doggy themed pressies - one of them being a pair of Doggy boxers. I guess the 'boast' aspect of this gift was that, suffice to say, it didn't stay on for very long after I tried them on.

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 06:16 PM
My soon to be wife got Bulldogs number plates for her 30th 150 - WB! That was a huge suprise!

LostDoggy
27-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Doesnt that mean youll just have to trade them in for 'DOG-11' in 10 months time?!?!

They would look good on my wife's car (054 that is) - the 011 would be on mine.....

Twodogs
01-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Not gift related but my boast is I've spilt blood both on the playing arena and in the outer at Whitten Oval!

And Rohan Smith's mum was my kindergarten teacher.:D

ledge
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Not gift related but my boast is I've spilt blood both on the playing arena and in the outer at Whitten Oval!

Yours or someone elses?

Twodogs
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Yours or someone elses?

A little from column A and a little from column B...

westdog54
03-12-2010, 11:43 AM

And you did that playing non-contact footy. It was absolutely priceless.

LostDoggy
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
For Christmas 2008 my husband bought me a Brad Johnson 330 game guernsey, went to Bulldogs training & had it signed (which is awesome as he's a Hawthorn supporter!!) and then had it framed. All this without me suspecting a thing, I was most surprised!! :)

LostDoggy
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I took my Kids to Adventure Park in Geelong a year or so back and Adam Cooney and Brian lake were there as well.:)

They were on the slide that has 6 or so lanes that times your trip from top to bottom. I can proudly boast that I beat Lake and Cooney on the trip. :D

Unfortunately my wife reminded me that things that are heavier fall faster so that took the wind out of my sails.:mad:

Twodogs
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
And you did that playing non-contact footy. It was absolutely priceless.

Priceless, wasnt it?:D I've still got the scar. Those monday nights were lot's of fun.

They might have been non-contact but we still copped a few injuries. Didnt SS do his knee? I ended up speding a night in hospital that time I sprained my ankle.

Twodogs
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately my wife reminded me that things that are heavier fall faster so that took the wind out of my sails.:mad:

No. You won fair and square.

Galileo proved it, ( d ∝ t 2 )

He derived the correct kinematical law for the distance travelled during a uniform acceleration starting from rest—namely, that it is proportional to the square of the elapsed time

LostDoggy
03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
The Evil One (known to others as my ex-wife, in one of her Not-Entirely-Evil-Moments) bought me a Bulldogs '54-style guernsey from Sherwood Knitting Mills, embroidered with the '54 Premiership Team on the back, and signed by Charlie Sutton.

Also, my inheritance (when my mum passes on, hopefully not soon) is a set of cufflinks worn by Charlie to the '54 best and fairest that he gave my grandfather. So that's a future boast. :)

Sockeye Salmon
03-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Priceless, wasnt it?:D I've still got the scar. Those monday nights were lot's of fun.

They might have been non-contact but we still copped a few injuries. Didnt SS do his knee? I ended up speding a night in hospital that time I sprained my ankle.

I got retired by my surgeon :(

LostDoggy
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Also, my inheritance (when my mum passes on, hopefully not soon) is a set of cufflinks worn by Charlie to the '54 best and fairest that he gave my grandfather. So that's a future boast. :)

WOW ...........thats a ripper. Any chance you want to swap for my Robert Murphy hand drawn picture of his Sausage dog walter?

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3694/picturear5.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Murphy'sLore
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh my God, I would KILL for that hand-drawn picture of Bob Murphy's dog. And you clearly don't deserve to keep it, if you think his name is "Walter"!!! :p

EasternWest
03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh my God, I would KILL for that hand-drawn picture of Bob Murphy's dog. And you clearly don't deserve to keep it, if you think his name is "Walter"!!! :p

The funniest part about that is that it says "Arthur" on the picture. Twice.

LostDoggy
03-12-2010, 05:37 PM

Well spotted. I guess it hard to be familiar with it whilst its buried under a pile of clothes at the back of my wardrobe.

My kids have a book about Walter the dog. Thats where the confusion came from.:p

http://www.tonychor.com/archive/walter.jpg

Murphy'sLore
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
"...buried under a pile of clothes..." !!!

I am speechless.

westdog54
03-12-2010, 11:26 PM

I was struggling to lift for 2 weeks after an accidental knee to the ribs.

LostDoggy
04-12-2010, 01:13 AM
For Christmas 2008 my husband bought me a Brad Johnson 330 game guernsey, went to Bulldogs training & had it signed (which is awesome as he's a Hawthorn supporter!!) and then had it framed. All this without me suspecting a thing, I was most surprised!! :)

Great present Suz, especially when it was a surprise.

When I started this thread, I was mainly referring to presents or surprises, however, further to this, does anyone have Bulldog number plates that would have significant meaning, or would be most sought after?
ie. WOOF 1.

BulldogBelle
07-12-2010, 08:09 AM
This was a 40th birthday present from my brother inlaw. So if you see a silver Territory driving around give it a wave. It will probably be the wife as she drives it the most.

l assume eveyone has worked out the number - Chris Grant total games.

Brother inlaw just purchased himself Brad Johnson total games for his silver Territory.

We do get a few strange looks if we are following each other somewhere!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4599/dscf3432k.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/i/dscf3432k.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

The Coon Dog
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Brother inlaw just purchased himself Brad Johnson total games for his silver Territory

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1231.snc4/156324_1753361477622_1346481039_3128269_8178845_n.jpg

His doesn't look as good with the locusts! :eek:

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
They both look fantastic!! And what a great idea, getting Chris Grants & Brad Johnsons games as the numbers. Well done!! :)

Twodogs
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
My car is playing up and I've had to borrow my dad's.

He has had a huge sticker made that say's "Western Bulldogs, "sorry Akka but they no not what they have done" and stuck it to the back bumper. And I mean BIG!!!! It would be four or five foot long(how long is a bumper bar?) and 18 inches high.

LostDoggy
08-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Love the locusts but shouldn't the netting be behind the number plate????
Also love the number plates.