PDA

View Full Version : Pick 22 - Luke Dahlhaus

Pages : 1 [2] 3

whythelongface
24-08-2018, 03:04 PM
There's experience, and then there's experience that struggles staying on the park (Roughy) or struggles to kick the thing (Dahl).

How badly do we want that experience?

We need to assess which current players will be part of our next tilt and unfortunately the two mentioned above will be surpassed by players already on the list. Thus it makes sense to look at other resources to strengthen our list, whether this be through draft picks or these players being part of a trade package.

Agree that there is no point keeping experience if those experienced players are fringe players.

ledge
24-08-2018, 03:10 PM
We need to assess which current players will be part of our next tilt and unfortunately the two mentioned above will be surpassed by players already on the list. Thus it makes sense to look at other resources to strengthen our list, whether this be through draft picks or these players being part of a trade package.

Agree that there is no point keeping experience if those experienced players are fringe players.

That’s it exactly if the players you are going to get are better than what you have then it’s obvious , I’m thinking we have a couple on the radar, we are good at keeping hush.

Mofra
24-08-2018, 03:17 PM
The other interesting thing, putting 2 and 2 and pi together, is that we seem to be low-balling Wallis and Dahl, Rough is on the way out too, yet Bev is talking about needing experience....
Thinking the same thing now.

We're hardly struggling for cap space but there's Clay & Biggsy gone, plus three player presumably on reasonable contracts.

There's a few players on the move that would help us immediately. With rumours of Young to the Crows I can't help but think we're sounding out the Crows' McGovern. We certainly need help in the forwardline.

Additionally, GWS probably have a couple of players 'gettable' although Setterfield to Carlton seems pretty solid already. They're known to be in cap trouble.

GVGjr
24-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Quite interesting given he normally has said we'll back our group. I wonder if something is in the pipeline.

Bevo's version of active might mean we have just one or two deals we are looking to make perhaps to better position ourselves for West and Khamis.

Perhaps our first round pick might be on the table as well or a tilt at a FA

ratsmac
24-08-2018, 08:59 PM
If Dahl, Wallis and Rough are all out the door coupled with the retirement so far I hope we have plenty of irons in the fire. I'd hope we are talking to McGovern, Lynch, Shiel, Kelly and any other decent experienced player who may be gettable.

ledge
25-08-2018, 02:39 AM
To be honest reading all this we have no idea and are just making assumptions which could be totally wrong, talking each other into believing stuff.
Just wait and see I guess.
From what I’ve read from the club though they are extremely happy with libbers progress and also Wallis so I actually see them staying.

kruder
04-09-2018, 08:52 PM
I still remember when Luke come on as a sub against the Saints in his first game he was electric. He hasn't quite got that speed anymore but he has been an absolute warrior and a key in our 2016 success.

Good luck Dahl.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Probably the right move for club and player but still a real shame and a sad day for supporters given his major contributions to the club on and off the field.

Thanks Dahl

Go_Dogs
04-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Will always be welcome at the Dogs. Sad we couldn’t retain him, but that’s the modern game and the right decision for his financial future. Thanks, Luke.

Scraggers
04-09-2018, 09:09 PM
No more Dahlhaus Clubhouse :(

Bulldog Revolution
04-09-2018, 09:15 PM
No more Dahlhaus Clubhouse :(

Thats actually a tough one for many kids to stomach

Lukey - I wont really be interested in what you do from here on in, but good luck, and you'll always be welcome and celebrated at premiership reunions

EasternWest
04-09-2018, 09:25 PM
I feel like I'm the only one ecstatic for Dahlhaus.

Gave absolutely everything to make it as a player, bled for our club, and has secured a big payday as his powers start to wane.

I'm sad to lose a guy with his grit, but I'm happy for him.

There's no losers here.

SonofScray
04-09-2018, 09:33 PM
All the best Luke. Thanks for your service.

I think he has plenty of good footy in front of him still, but we've got the best value out of him to date and it isn't the worst scenario to see him move on. Doesn't feel great. But does feel right.

lemmon
04-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Only 26, so will give some good years of service to wherever he goes.

S Coast Simon
04-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Good luck to him. Bled for the club and helped win a premiership. What a champion. I think it’s a great move by both parties. Will probably go play in their forward line and get back to his best footy for a few years. Can see him running around at Hawkins feet and kicking a few. We didn’t want to match the length of the deal so he gets a good pay day and we can pick up West for ten years. Dahl will always be a bulldog at heart. Cheers to you mate

Greystache
04-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Feels more like a retirement than a player going elsewhere. His last 2 years were very poor and he looks to have lost all pace and penetration in his kicking. He's given all he has and if he can top up his superannuation elsewhere I'm happy for him.

Testekill
04-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Best of luck to Luke as he's given us a lot over the years and deserves a nice contract. Sadly he's teetering on the edge of a cliff and has lost all finishing ability around goals along with a bit of mobility. Still has a lot of heart and runs his guts out but I think he'd peaked as a player in 2016.

FrediKanoute
04-09-2018, 11:47 PM
Fresh start will do him good. Can see him being almost exclusively a small forward for the Cat's.

jeemak
05-09-2018, 12:06 AM
Happy to see him go and earn a very good deal elsewhere, it's the right time for both he and the club to take this step.

At his best he was excellent around the contest and on the break, whilst he could often find a goal when we needed someone small and quick to do so. His contribution to the 2016 achievement will always be remembered.

However, his footy has declined steadily. His kicking has become deplorable and I can't help but think this is largely because of application and effort. Geelong has backed him on a large contract in lieu of Selwood and Ablett getting a bit long in the tooth, he now has the opportunity to refresh his career and rediscover the vigour and application that made him - in an environment away from the city lights - and I wish him well.

Always a Bulldogs hero.

Scraggers
05-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Thats actually a tough one for many kids to stomach

Lukey - I wont really be interested in what you do from here on in, but good luck, and you'll always be welcome and celebrated at premiership reunions

My eight year old son was in tears when I told him there’d be no more Dahlhaus Clubhouse.

AshMac
05-09-2018, 07:55 AM
I feel like I'm the only one ecstatic for Dahlhaus.

Gave absolutely everything to make it as a player, bled for our club, and has secured a big payday as his powers start to wane.

I'm sad to lose a guy with his grit, but I'm happy for him.

There's no losers here.

i love him too, so much, but it’s likely the memory of him in up until 2016. I disagree he gave everything for the club after the flag - definitely up until then - but it’s his lack of intensity, second efforts and grit over the last 2 years that’s why we are where we are. All the ilk of players that have lifted for Richmond completely fell away for us and he is firmly in that cohort.

I wish him the best.

Twodogs
05-09-2018, 08:23 AM
i love him too, so much, but it’s likely the memory of him in up until 2016. I disagree he gave everything for the club after the flag - definitely up until then - but it’s his lack of intensity, second efforts and grit over the last 2 years that’s why we are where we are. All the ilk of players that have lifted for Richmond completely fell away for us and he is firmly in that cohort.

I wish him the best.

Yup. He may come good at Geelong again in fact he probably will but to say he's been in good form and trying his guts out over the last two years is simply not true.

However he is a premiership hero and nobody can take that away from him.

Grantysghost
05-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Very sad to see him go, he was such a cult hero with his mop of dread locks and uncompromising tenacity. I can still hear the "haus is on fire" chant up on level 2 at Etihad when he kicked a goal. My memory is his early 2017 form was pretty good particularly in the Good Friday game, unfortunately whatever caused his form and belligerent attack on the ball and opponent to wane could never be shaken with us. Hope he does well at his next club always a legend of the dogs.

Mantis
05-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Seems to be a real changing of the guard and the club is making a stand from a list mgt. perspective.. which is a good thing.

It's sad to see a 'warrior' leave the club, but his output has been poor the last 2 years so his output will be covered and it's a great deal for him.

The look of jubilation on his face when the siren sounded on that magical day in 2016 resonates with all of us.. and that's how I will remember him.

Axe Man
05-09-2018, 09:43 AM
There were rumours that Dahlhaus was part of some sort of Rat Pack last year where the club was unhappy with certain players behaviour after the flag. Did this have any bearing on the kind of contract we were willing to offer Luke? Any chance were eased him out the door in a more palatable way than we did Stringer? I've got no idea, just wondering if there was anything of substance to those rumours.

jeemak
05-09-2018, 10:26 AM
There were rumours that Dahlhaus was part of some sort of Rat Pack last year where the club was unhappy with certain players behaviour after the flag. Did this have any bearing on the kind of contract we were willing to offer Luke? Any chance were eased him out the door in a more palatable way than we did Stringer? I've got no idea, just wondering if there was anything of substance to those rumours.

More likely it hampered his performance and standing at the club, which would have impacted our view of his worth.

Twodogs
05-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Seems to be a real changing of the guard and the club is making a stand from a list mgt. perspective.. which is a good thing.

It's sad to see a 'warrior' leave the club, but his output has been poor the last 2 years so his output will be covered and it's a great deal for him.

The look of jubilation on his face when the siren sounded on that magical day in 2016 resonates with all of us.. and that's how I will remember him.

One of my favourite grand final day stories has Dahl waiting for the umpire to bounce the ball toward the end of the game when he becomes aware of someone tapping him on the back. He turns around and Libba is standing behind smiling and he just says "the siren is going to go in a minute and when it does I am going to hug you like you've never been hugged before" apparently Libba and Mitch Wallis had a running and mutual dislike with Dahl all through their TAC cup time but all was forgiven when they all found one another onur list.

Rocket Science
05-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Sentimentally, this is a blow. Dogged, likeable kid comes from the rookie list to help contribute to a long overdue flag. Feels good man.

But from a clear-eyed list management angle this is absolutely necessary and frankly, addition by subtraction. The bloke kills you half the time the ball is in his hands.

We've been awful for two years. I'm glad we're approaching the remedy for that seriously.

Sedat
05-09-2018, 03:53 PM
This move is winners all round.

Dahl gets a Godfather offer from a club who refuses to rebuild.
We (should) get end of 1st round pick and the chance to improve our list for the long term.
Chris Scott gets yet another senior player to continue treading water around 5th-8th and thus keep in gainful employment.

DOG GOD
05-09-2018, 04:56 PM
As much as I liked Dahl as a player, the last 2 years he has been a liability with his on field performances and disposal. No surprise his best game of the year was against Geelong...a likely audition?

He will always be a bulldog premiership player and that sits well for me.
So thank you for that Luke.

AshMac
05-09-2018, 05:05 PM

perhaps there was some truth in us shopping him around end of last year.

GVGjr
05-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Murphy's comment on Dahlhaus confirm some of our concerns over his form in the last two years and one that clearly impacted some other players.

FORMER Western Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy says Luke Dahlhaus hasn’t been the same player since the 2016 flag because he was unable to refocus after the drought-breaking celebrations.

Murphy, who said Dahlhaus’ decision to leave the Dogs under free agency “hurts”, believed the buzzing midfielder-forward was among a small group who struggled to move on.

“Maybe the hunger came off a little bit after the premiership so if he thinks a change will spark that again, then good luck to him,” Murphy said.

“I think a few of them in 2017 took their eye off the ball and I think Luke will put his hand up to say that maybe he wasn’t as dedicated or as hungry as he’d been in the years before.

“That was his thing. He missed on the draft because he wasn’t the most talented, but he was a ball of hunger and selflessness. He still does play like that, but the last two years it’s been shaded a little bit and not what it was.”

Dahlhaus, 26, is expected to join Geelong on a four-year deal worth about $500,000 a season. The Dogs were only prepared to offer a three-year contract and neither party was willing to budge.

The Bulldogs on Wednesday morning confirmed they expected an end of first round compensation pick for losing Dahlhaus, based on the Cats last year getting pick 19 Steven Motlop’s move to Port Adelaide on a very similar contract while he was also 26.

“When I think of it, the thought of him playing in another jumper hurts me a little bit,” Murphy said on SEN.

I get that may people are attached to the Dahlhaus story of a player who came off the rookie list to being an integral part of a premiership team but we shouldn't accept that a player can just not commit himself to working hard enough for the club over the last 2 years.

dog town
06-09-2018, 05:21 AM
The biggest issue for us now is that the media will paint the picture that all these guys are leaving because there are issues at the club. Takes a bit of momentum off the end to our season.

chef
06-09-2018, 06:47 AM
We've imploded after winning a flag. Theres obviously issues at the club and we're trying to clean them out.

AshMac
06-09-2018, 08:01 AM
We've imploded after winning a flag. Theres obviously issues at the club and we're trying to clean them out.

I heard a view a year ago that really resonated. A bunch of kids did the impossible and were crowned as hero’s, told they were invincible and spent an entire off season being praised by a long suffering cohort of fans. They took their eyes off the prize. I understand this, what I don’t understand is that we let it happen 2 years in a row. Bevo needs another senior coach as a side kick - a bad cop to tel home truths outside of end of year reviews.

Ozza
06-09-2018, 09:45 AM
I read 2018 a fair bit differently. Bevo didn’t ‘let it happen’ for 2 years in a row. Putting injuries and some strange selection/player positioning decisions to the side - Bevo quite clearly didn’t see the group as being a top team this year, and seems to have focused on recalibrating the group and preparing for the next tilt. His view of where the group is at clearly caught us as supporters off-guard. Whilst I didn’t understand it at the start of the season and was highly critical, I now understand what was behind it.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2018, 09:49 AM

If that's true, it seems like the premise of cutting garden roses. After the roses finish blooming big, you need to cut back hard to regenerate the next wave of blooming roses. Otherwise the new growth can't get passed the old stems and bloom again properly.

So if we need to cut back the old growth, to promote the new growth, to get the new growth to bloom as big and bright as possible, like Naughton, Richards, Lippa, Rhylee West, Buku Khamis, Schache etc, etc. We need to have all these guys seeing all the older players as role models playing to full capacity, full hunger and completely committed, which Bob says isn't happening. So then things get cut back, either trade (Stringer), retire (Biggs) and free agency (Dahl). Now we need the likes of Morris, Wallis & Macrae and some of the existing leadership group to forge a new culture for our kids. If this is done right, this realigns us back on the trajectory upwards on the ladder.

I have nothing against Dahl, he got an amazing offer and I wish him all the very best. But his departure creates an opportunity for us re above.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2018, 09:58 AM
I read 2018 a fair bit differently. Bevo didn’t ‘let it happen’ for 2 years in a row. Putting injuries and some strange selection/player positioning decisions to the side - Bevo quite clearly didn’t see the group as being a top team this year, and seems to have focused on recalibrating the group and preparing for the next tilt. His view of where the group is at clearly caught us as supporters off-guard. Whilst I didn’t understand it at the start of the season and was highly critical, I now understand what was behind it.

Yeah it almost feels like Bev has decided the existing list he inherited has done it's dash. When he first came in he tried to get the most out of the existing group. But i think now he know's he's squeezed everything out of it and now it's time to customise it to his desires.

Topdog
06-09-2018, 10:31 AM
I heard a view a year ago that really resonated. A bunch of kids did the impossible and were crowned as hero’s, told they were invincible and spent an entire off season being praised by a long suffering cohort of fans. They took their eyes off the prize. I understand this, what I don’t understand is that we let it happen 2 years in a row. Bevo needs another senior coach as a side kick - a bad cop to tel home truths outside of end of year reviews.

I don't buy into this year being the same. Certain players maybe were - Dalhaus being one and he has been shown the door/allowed to leave

Greystache
06-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Dahlhaus' story is one we've seen many times before. A player with limited ability makes a good fist of an AFL career through sheer determination, often to prove those who doubted him wrong, and as soon as that determination slips even slightly they fall off a cliff.

Maybe proving the Bulldogs wrong in not offering what he wanted will be his new motivation to recapture his best, but if he doesn't find something soon footy will pass him by. Either way cutting ties was probably the right thing at this time.

azabob
06-09-2018, 12:30 PM

Agree with the above and in hindsight Bevridge told all who listened to his speech at the season launch this year would be tough and won’t be up to supporters expectations.

Eastdog
06-09-2018, 12:50 PM
All the best Luke. He has been a solid contributor for us and was a big part in our 2016 premiership success. I still have the memory of see Luke with the premiership cup from where I was in Level 4 close to the front.

We are really cutting and replenishing our list and looking to the future now. The reality is that Luke's form in recent times hasn't been great and others started to go past him.

bornadog
06-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Dahlhaus' story is one we've seen many times before. A player with limited ability makes a good fist of an AFL career through sheer determination, often to prove those who doubted him wrong, and as soon as that determination slips even slightly they fall off a cliff.

Maybe proving the Bulldogs wrong in not offering what he wanted will be his new motivation to recapture his best, but if he doesn't find something soon footy will pass him by. Either way cutting ties was probably the right thing at this time.

Tony Libba was one of those guys who carved out a career through sheer determination. Libba kept his passion throughout his whole career, but I wonder what would have happened if we had of snagged a premiership during his earlier days.

GVGjr
06-09-2018, 01:36 PM

On displayed form over the last 2 seasons if we did offer a 3 year deal we were being generous but I agree that if he recaptures his hunger he will be an asset to Geelong but if he doesn't he will be an average player of a very good deal.

GVGjr
06-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Tony Libba was one of those guys who carved out a career through sheer determination. Libba kept his passion throughout his whole career, but I wonder what would have happened if we had of snagged a premiership during his earlier days.

Purely a guess but he would have backed it up every year.

bornadog
06-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Yeah, he would have wanted more.

Bulldog4life
06-09-2018, 01:46 PM

He played in the E.J Legends game. Fit as a fiddle too unlike some of the fatties.

Greystache
06-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Agree. He did win a Brownlow early in his career and it didn't affect him. I see him and Daniel Cross as being similar in that they'd reflect on their career once they'd wrung every ounce out of themselves first.

Go_Dogs
08-09-2018, 08:21 AM
I wonder whether the deal is struck already, or whether the Cats' exit last night may change their strategy?

It's been mentioned a few times that they've taken an approach to add senior, recycled players to their list which has kept them around the mark but even with a few anointed superstars in Dangerfield, Selwood etc they aren't a genuine threat to the best sides. Melbourne who have taken a long time to build demolished them last night and have largely built through the draft and added a few players here and there.

Geelong are probably committed to throwing everything at it for another couple of years given they have these 'superstars' so Dahl probably fits their strategy, but I definitely query whether it's the right approach.

Grantysghost
08-09-2018, 08:36 AM
I wonder whether the deal is struck already, or whether the Cats' exit last night may change their strategy?

It's been mentioned a few times that they've taken an approach to add senior, recycled players to their list which has kept them around the mark but even with a few anointed superstars in Dangerfield, Selwood etc they aren't a genuine threat to the best sides. Melbourne who have taken a long time to build demolished them last night and have largely built through the draft and added a few players here and there.

Geelong are probably committed to throwing everything at it for another couple of years given they have these 'superstars' so Dahl probably fits their strategy, but I definitely query whether it's the right approach.

It's the right approach to keep the club relevant, inflated by the media and beating the Suns by 100 points. Winning finals on the other hand.

GVGjr
08-09-2018, 08:59 AM

My guess is that it will be like our deal with Cloke that once it's agreed on the club won't back away and I don't think one early exit will have them diverting from their plan.

Sedat
08-09-2018, 10:32 AM
My guess is that it will be like our deal with Cloke that once it's agreed on the club won't back away and I don't think one early exit will have them diverting from their plan.
I think last night will only reinforce Geelong's desire to get Dahl. Their forward half pressure is worse than anyone else (tick for Dahl), and the acquisition of Dahl continues the Chris Scott modus operandi of continuing to top up with senior AFL players to remain 'competitive' thus guaranteeing him a long term job without ever looking like being a contender. Just got a 4 year contract extension too, so job done on that score.

He's won 3 and lost 9 finals since 2012 (would have been 2 and 10 if Isaac Smith didn't fluff his lines after the siren in 2016). The last 3 teams to be goalless at qtr time in a final have all been Chris Scott coached Geelong teams. He gets to bank 7 wins a year at Sleepy Hollow due to the radically different long/skinny ground configurations (not to mention the extraordinary generosity of the Australian taxpayer), so he only needs to snag 4-6 more wins a season to consistently make finals. He is the biggest fraud since Keyser Soze.

They made prelims the last 2 years and doubled down on getting Gary Ablett Jnr this year (after having Dangerfield handed to them on a platter and also bringing in Henderson, Zac Smith, Tuohy in the last couple of years). And yet they finish a miserable 8th with 13 wins and 10 losses, with minimal injuries to their stars. They have many high profile media friends who never ask the tough questions, not to mention a number of powerful allies at City Hall (no other team has 2 representatives in the competition committee, not including Steve Hocking and Gerard 2.4 Whateley).

jeemak
08-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Well summed up Sedat.

That they have such a magnificent home ground advantage and strong familiarity with the two alternative Victorian venues is extremely advantageous and masks just how mediocre they can consider themselves.

If their players between 10-22 on their list don’t drastically improve they will only ever fail in finals. Dahlhaus will improve them in this area, they need him now more than ever.

Bulldog Joe
08-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Geelong's strategy is really built for sustained mediocrity, while giving their fans a hint of competitiveness.

Long may they continue on that path.

SlimPickens
08-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Feeling's strategy is really built for sustained mediocrity, while giving their fans a hint of competitiveness.

Long may they continue on that path.

Listening to SEN this morning, you could tell their supporters are fed up. Highly critical of re-signing Scott pre finals and also of the possible recruitment of Dahl. They didn’t look in it at any stage last night, only Melbourne’s poor conversion saved them from a thumping.

ledge
08-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Listening to SEN this morning, you could tell their supporters are fed up. Highly critical of re-signing Scott pre finals and also of the possible recruitment of Dahl. They didn’t look in it at any stage last night, only Melbourne’s poor conversion saved them from a thumping.

Are they unhappy or happy with getting Dahlhaus?
And what’s their take on him ?

chef
08-09-2018, 04:48 PM
“I’ve spoken to him at different stages throughout the season, I won’t lie to you about that,” Dangerfield said on Saturday.
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/i-wont-lie-about-that-geelong-superstar-patrick-dangerfield-has-spoken-to-western-bulldogs-trade-target-luke-dahlhaus/news-story/734295a0dc736c8ce5b93069bba76362?__twitter_impression=true

bornadog
08-09-2018, 05:08 PM
“I’ve spoken to him at different stages throughout the season, I won’t lie to you about that,” Dangerfield said on Saturday.
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/i-wont-lie-about-that-geelong-superstar-patrick-dangerfield-has-spoken-to-western-bulldogs-trade-target-luke-dahlhaus/news-story/734295a0dc736c8ce5b93069bba76362?__twitter_impression=true

I really hate Dangerfield, he is such a smart arse and I am not surprised with this.

Gets on the Look of the Game committee and wants to change things to suit himself with some ridiculous ideas.

SlimPickens
08-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Are they unhappy or happy with getting Dahlhaus?
And what’s their take on him ?

It was mainly about the fact they are going to try the same thing (bring in a free agent) and hope for a different result. What’s the definition of insanity?

bulldogtragic
08-09-2018, 06:53 PM
It was mainly about the fact they are going to try the same thing (bring in a free agent) and hope for a different result. What’s the definition of insanity?

I don't know. Can I phone a friend and call Chris Bell?

ledge
08-09-2018, 07:00 PM

Just Like his game plan.
North fans think the same of his brother.

Greystache
08-09-2018, 11:03 PM
I don't know. Can I phone a friend and call Chris Bell?

No phone calls... but you can manage the situation conservatively!

Grantysghost
09-09-2018, 09:51 AM

He "can" be a wonderful player. I think has is the word. Premiership player.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2018, 10:29 AM
No phone calls... but you can manage the situation conservatively!

I did. Great. So now I've got both hands in splints, so I'm unable to use the phone now and also temporary muteness and deafness to not even use speaker phone. I'm so unlucky. I might just request a trade to any other 17 clubs, despite being under contract for another 24 months.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2018, 05:01 PM
The AFL Trade Guru

@Tradeguru69
Follow @Tradeguru69
Dahlhaus to Carlton? It appears more and more likely that the Dogs midfielder is on his way to the Blue Baggers, who are quite desperate to bring in some class and leg-speed.

SlimPickens
13-09-2018, 05:07 PM
The AFL Trade Guru

@Tradeguru69
Follow @Tradeguru69
Dahlhaus to Carlton? It appears more and more likely that the Dogs midfielder is on his way to the Blue Baggers, who are quite desperate to bring in some class and leg-speed.

They should pay him a lot and give him 5 plus years!

Jeanette54
13-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Is it possible that after the finals loss, and further list management, the cats have decided that the Dalhaus trade is not on ???

Axe Man
13-09-2018, 05:14 PM
The AFL Trade Guru

@Tradeguru69
Follow @Tradeguru69

Have you read some of the other pieces of "information" on this account? Ty Vickery making a comeback? Hurley to Geelong? St Kilda to give up their first pick for Trent Dumont and Mason Wood? It's utter nonsense, anyone can post crap on a twitter account.

With all due respect I don't think posting unsubstantiated rubbish from anonymous twitter accounts on here is helpful.

The Underdog
13-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Have you read some of the other pieces of "information" on this account? Ty Vickery making a comeback? Hurley to Geelong? St Kilda to give up their first pick for Trent Dumont and Mason Wood? It's utter nonsense, anyone can post crap on a twitter account.

With all due respect I don't think posting unsubstantiated rubbish from anonymous twitter accounts on here is helpful.

Are you doubting TradeGuru69?

Twodogs
13-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Is it possible that after the finals loss, and further list management, the cats have decided that the Dalhaus trade is not on ???

Geelong doing something as bad as encouraging a player to leave his club (getting Dangerfield to tap him up which isn't actually legal) and then abandoning him? Would the buck toothed flannelette shirt wearing farmboys do that? Surely not.

The AFL Trade Guru

@Tradeguru69
Follow @Tradeguru69

Ummm. Have they seen Dalhaus play over the last two years?

bulldogtragic
13-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Are you doubting TradeGuru69?

Doubting Thomas. Maybe it's an alias for Ricky Nixon, in addition to his Twitter handle. Sounds like a username he'd have for an adult website. Maybe he uses it on Twitter too. We can't disprove this at the moment.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Thanks for your advice. I will seek your permission before I post again.

Axe Man
13-09-2018, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your advice. I will seek your permission before I post again.

Seriously? I was politely suggesting that the source is incredibly dubious, surely you can see that? No need for the snide reply, I would go to big footy or Facebook if I was looking for that crap.

Sedat
13-09-2018, 10:55 PM
My mail is Carlton are right into him and he's interested. Smart by Dahl's management to keep options open.

GVGjr
13-09-2018, 10:58 PM
My mail is Carlton are right into him and he's interested. Smart by Dahl's management to keep options open.

He might be a good fit for them.
There is speculation that our compensation will be more in line with the Higgins compensation than at the end of the first round we are hoping for. Those 5 or 6 spots difference could be challenging for us.

Rocket Science
13-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Oh dear, Danger'll have to start working the phones again.

bornadog
13-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Why would you tell the club you are leaving if you don't have a better offer stitched up?

bulldogtragic
13-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Why would you tell the club you are leaving if you don't have a better offer stitched up?

I guess he does from Geelong. Maybe Carlton are trying to up the offer to have him pick them before the paperwork gets signed. Can only be good for us.

Rocket Science
13-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Perhaps he did but the Blues have since chimed in and said they'll better it.

Even if it's simply leverage for the Cats being his preferred destination, it's likely Dahl's last crack at a significant pay day so come one, come all.

Sedat
13-09-2018, 11:16 PM
I guess he does from Geelong. Maybe Carlton are trying to up the offer to have him pick them before the paperwork gets signed. Can only be good for us.
Yep. Cats are looking at others as well as Dahl, so he has their offer in the back pocket and can explore what else is out there. Nice position for an unrestricted free agent to be in.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2018, 11:20 PM
Yep. Cats are looking at others as well as Dahl, so he has their offer in the back pocket and can explore what else is out there. Nice position for an unrestricted free agent to be in.

Carlton need to be relevant again, Dahl could get young fans interested again. As well as be a hard ball winner in their midfield. I can see the attraction, especially as their cap spending would be lowish.

comrade
14-09-2018, 12:23 AM
I’d much prefer seeing Dahl run around at Carlton so this is a good development.

Happy Days
14-09-2018, 12:47 AM

Wait are you TradeGuru69

jeemak
14-09-2018, 01:36 AM
Wait are you TradeGuru69

Sedat is definitely TradeGuru69.

bornadog
14-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Sedat is definitely TradeGuru69.

Don't know about the Guru bit. :D

Bulldog4life
14-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Seriously? I was politely suggesting that the source is incredibly dubious, surely you can see that? No need for the snide reply, I would go to big footy or Facebook if I was looking for that crap.

Listen mate I have been on Woof for 11 eleven years and read a lot of different opinions. I try to contribute regularly. When a self appointed poster policeman tells me not to quote someone well I may as well shut the door lock up the shop and leave Dodge and just read this forum like a heck of a lot of other people just do. I think it is time to retire anyway I just needed a push. Thanks.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Listen mate I have been on Woof for 11 eleven years and read a lot of different opinions. I try to contribute regularly. When a self appointed poster policeman tells me not to quote someone well I may as well shut the door lock up the shop and leave Dodge and just read this forum like a heck of a lot of other people just do. I think it is time to retire anyway I just needed a push. Thanks.

If it counts for anything, I value your contribution to site B4L.

KT31
14-09-2018, 09:59 AM

I also value your post's and input B4l, so please keep contributing.

Mofra
14-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Doubting Thomas. Maybe it's an alias for Ricky Nixon, in addition to his Twitter handle. Sounds like a username he'd have for an adult website. Maybe he uses it on Twitter too. We can't disprove this at the moment.

Nixon tweeted yesterday - Sam Lloyd to Bulldogs is a done deal.

Mantis
14-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Nixon tweeted yesterday - Sam Lloyd to Bulldogs is a done deal.

Where is the dislike button? - do not want.

Sedat
14-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Don't about the Guru bit. :D
Hehe - no I'm not that Twitter handle but I have mates close to the scenes at Carlton who generally have a fair idea what's going on there.

Dahl to Carlton by no means a done deal and there's still every chance he ends up at the Cattery, but the Blues are keen. Can't hurt for either Dahl or us to have competitive forces at play.

Axe Man
14-09-2018, 10:10 AM

My intention was not to upset you. Respectful debate between posters on issues is what makes this site great in comparison to some of the other cesspools out there. I respect your opinion and am happy to hear it.

My opinion is that quoting sources like that diminishes the quality of this site. If yourself or others feel differently I'm happy to debate it in a respectful manner. If you are going to play the man and throw the toys of of the cot I will leave it there as I am about as non-confrontational as they come. Honestly this actually makes me feel anxious so it's best I not post any further on the subject.

Topdog
14-09-2018, 12:35 PM

I don't think Axe Man was intending for any of that B4L. I appreciated both you posting the rumour and AM advising that the poster has a poor history.

Topdog
14-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Double post

MrMahatma
15-09-2018, 01:50 AM
Where is the dislike button? - do not want.

Nixon is a euphemism for dislike.

Bad trade. 1990s trade.

GVGjr
15-09-2018, 05:56 AM
There is a massive difference between band 2 or 3 and band 4 in terms of points we intend to use for a father son or NGA pick.

Can someone let me know if band 3 is after your live 2nd round pick? If so, we don't have one this year so would it automatically push the compensation to band 4?

Bulldog Joe
15-09-2018, 08:01 AM
There is a massive difference between band 2 or 3 and band 4 in terms of points we intend to use for a father son or NGA pick.

Can someone let me know if band 3 is after your live 2nd round pick? If so, we don't have one this year so would it automatically push the compensation to band 4?

Surely it would become the pick after the traded 2nd round. So somewhere after pick 24 when the dust settles on all compensation picks.

GVGjr
15-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Surely it would become the pick after the traded 2nd round. So somewhere after pick 24 when the dust settles on all compensation picks.

OK, that sounds reasonable and if its 24 to 26 we should be able to easily match any bids for West.

The more I think about losing Dahlhaus I hate the thought that a player that worked so hard throughout his career slipped back over the last 2 years with us. Bevo must of been pulling out his hair trying to get him going again

bornadog
23-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Dahlhaus hits back at Murphy's criticism
(http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-23/dahlhaus-hits-back-at-murphys-criticism#/)

WANTAWAY Western Bulldog Luke Dahlhaus has appeared to return serve to former teammate Bob Murphy over the suggestion that Dahlhaus lost "dedication" after the Dogs' 2016 premiership.

Dahlhaus, currently holidaying in Europe with premiership teammate Tom Liberatore, took to social media on Sunday.

It came after Murphy questioned Dahlhaus' lack of hunger in the two seasons after the breakthrough flag, and in the wake of Dahlhaus' request to depart Whitten Oval as a free agent earlier this month.

"I think a few of them (the Bulldogs), in 2017, took their eye off the ball," Murphy told SEN on September 5.

"I think Luke would put his hand up to say that he maybe wasn't as dedicated or hungry as he'd been the years before.

"That was his thing, he missed out on the draft because he wasn't the most talented, but he was a ball of hunger and selflessness.

"He still does play like that, but the last two years, it's been shaded a little bit and not what it was."
Murphy, who missed the club's first flag in 62 years through injury, played on in 2017 alongside Dahlhaus before retiring at the end of that season.

In several videos posted on his Instagram account, Dahlhaus spoke about motivation.

The 26-year-old appears destined to land at Geelong in the upcoming NAB AFL Trade Period on a four-year deal.
"How unmotivating is this? I feel so unmotivated," Dahlhaus said while filming from a beach.

"I swear when I woke up after 2016 I was just so unmotivated. F***ing hell, I wish I was listening to SEN."

Dahlhaus also posted a picture with Liberatore captioned: "Apparently unmotivated."

The former Geelong Falcon, who was taken at pick 22 in the 2011 Rookie Draft, enjoyed a career-best 26 disposals and 5.4 tackles per game in the premiership year.

In the two seasons since, Dahlhaus has averaged 23.5 disposals and 4.2 tackles per game.

bulldogtragic
23-09-2018, 03:37 PM
This will end well...

There might be nothing to it, but the media won't see that.

chef
23-09-2018, 03:38 PM
His insta comes off as a bit childish.

GVGjr
23-09-2018, 03:39 PM
I get that he could be pissed with Murphy's statements but is he doing himself any favour but airing his thoughts in the way he is doing it?
If I were him I'd have done an interview and dismissed Murphy's comments by saying I never lost motivation and that Murph is just grabbing a headline.

He's also dragging Liberatore into something he might not want to be a part of.

Dahlhaus you've made your decision to leave, good luck to you, but at least try and leave with a bit of class.

EasternWest
He can make snide replies all he likes, but 2017/2018 evidence doesn't lie.

bornadog
Showing disrespect to a former club champion and captain in Murphy, who is no doubt spot on.

Testekill
23-09-2018, 03:50 PM
It's an absolutely shocking look to go off on someone when you aren't even called out. Indicates that there is probably truth to the rumour that he's been slack since 2016.

The Doctor
23-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Yet another copy and paste from social media by Mitch Cleary who to me is not much more than a surface feeder when it comes to reporting.

I agree with Chef. A childish response from Dahlhaus and if that is symbolic of his attitude the past couple of years no wonder we are letting him go.

chef
23-09-2018, 04:17 PM
https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42335378_10155962890997153_6295402589613719552_n.jpg?_nc_cat =107&oh=be4857bbeec4ff28a43663f92dccfc63&oe=5C31C09A

chef
23-09-2018, 04:19 PM
Seems Bob may have hit a nerve with Luke, surely he knows his performance over the last 2 seasons has been under par.

Rocket Science
23-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Oh goody, Shocktober III started early this year.

That distant noise is the sound of Barrett creaming his jeans while dusting off one of his 'Dogs in Crisis' pieces.

lemmon
23-09-2018, 04:32 PM
As an aside, Libba sporting a new forearm tatt of a fruit and nut choccy bar...

Rocket Science
23-09-2018, 04:35 PM

Now that I can endorse.

As long as it's not a cranky owl sharting fairy dust on the head of Chewbacca.

Grantysghost
23-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Season launch this year, he was chatting to some blokes who were supporters and posed for a selfie giving the double bird from memory. I actually thought it was amusing at the time but coupled with these Instagram responses maybe reveals more about his character than I thought. Not a big deal, but at an official club event maybe a little unprofessional. Tom may want to think about where he makes his livelihood too.

GVGjr
23-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Could Dahlhaus just be having some light-hearted digs at Murphy?

lemmon
23-09-2018, 05:26 PM

That's how I read it, even if the timing's odd. They were pretty good mates.

SlimPickens
23-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Not that I’m sticky up for Luke. But isn’t this a swipe at a comment made in the media? If it was Bevo he was having a crack at, absolutely gets what is coming to him. But Bobs comments were made on radio away from the footy club.

SlimPickens
23-09-2018, 05:30 PM

Pretty sure that is exactly what it is.

The Pie Man
23-09-2018, 05:52 PM

Looking seriously gaunt too....:(

The Pie Man
23-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Listening to the insta story audio, it doesn’t come off light hearted.... at all

Wonder what Geelong bosses make of it...

bulldogsthru&thru
23-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Pretty sure that is exactly what it is.

Hope so as Gowers and Jong chimed in too

Topdog
23-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Didn't seem light hearted at all

Grantysghost
23-09-2018, 06:54 PM
No the opposite.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Everyone might be reading way too much into it. I don’t know...it’s been liked by quite a few of our players. Who knows.

If he’s actually for real and it is directed at Murph/Bev then good riddance. He’s doing himself no favours at all. In fact judging by that Instagram story I’d have concerns for both his and Libbas wellbeing. They don’t look good at all and it does explain a bit about the last two years.

westdog54
23-09-2018, 08:11 PM
I get the impression that Murphy may not have been averse as a Captain to pulling players into line who went getting the best out of themselves.

Murph has made public a criticism he might have shared privately when he was playing, and Dahlhaus has reacted like a petulant child to it.

If anything, the reaction is proving Murph's point.

Greystache
23-09-2018, 08:15 PM
https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42335378_10155962890997153_6295402589613719552_n.jpg?_nc_cat =107&oh=be4857bbeec4ff28a43663f92dccfc63&oe=5C31C09A

Maybe it's just me but taking a dig at someone loses all impact when you spell it wrong.

SonofScray
23-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Either way, it's a horrible look.

GVGjr
23-09-2018, 08:36 PM
I wonder how motivated Dahlhaus thinks he was at last years best and fairest where he was clearly impaired?

Grantysghost
23-09-2018, 08:53 PM
I get the impression that Murphy may not have been averse as a Captain to pulling players into line who went getting the best out of themselves.

Murph has made public a criticism he might have shared privately when he was playing, and Dahlhaus has reacted like a petulant child to it.

If anything, the reaction is proving Murph's point.

Exactly my thoughts.

G-Mo77
23-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Ugly and disappointing stuff.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Joke or not it makes Luke look like a child.

GVGjr
23-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Joke or not it makes Luke look like a child.

His constant giggling at last years best and fairest also did that. Perhaps like a few others he isn't anywhere near his best when he is on holidays

jeemak
23-09-2018, 10:45 PM
This seems a bit like barbed ribbing, half serious, half not. It just has that tone to it.

I reckon Luke's coming to terms with the fact we don't value his services to the extent he thinks we should, the truth in the feedback, and is lashing out a little as a result. With a bit of maturity, if he ever matures of course, will see him reflect and think differently.

It would be interesting to hear what his Auntie has to say about this.

ratsmac
24-09-2018, 12:28 AM
After seeing this it makes me believe that the rumours of bullying are true. I'm sure it's all tongue in cheek but there's enough in it to say to Murph that he didn't appreciate the comments he made.
If Dahl were on our books he would be taken to task pretty quickly for that type of display through social media. But he is no longer a bulldog so he can say what he likes now I suppose.

Rocket Science
24-09-2018, 12:46 AM
And now the new handbagger has locked his account. This is going superbly.

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 06:36 AM
And now the new handbagger has locked his account. This is going superbly.

I think he has received some good advice.

G-Mo77
24-09-2018, 06:44 AM
Just thinking about this last night. I get why Dahl would be a little pissed, I didn't really like Bob potting him after he decided to leave even if it was a light pot. Wouldn't it have been better for Luke to take a shot back at Bob while training his arse off? Smoking darts, drinking piss and doing other things in Europe certainly doesn't show anyone he is "motivated"

Time for a nice warm cup of grow up Luke. This is school yard stuff mate.

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Did Bob really pot him? I think he made a fairly obvious comment that Dahlhaus was a player who succeeded because he wanted it more than others but his hunger had dropped off a bit after the flag.
I don't think Bob potted him, he just made and observation. If Dahlhaus doesn't agree with it then he should just say so

bulldogtragic
24-09-2018, 07:57 AM
There would be thousands of fans that were absolutely gutted that the club let Luke go. Furious maybe. Pulling this shit on the way out the door goes a long way to those thousands of fans to not feeling that Luke is an innocent victim of circumstance. Sure there will be the kids who don't understand it, but the rest of us can appreciate that if the low onfield results coupled with the judgement/maturity on a 7 year old sledging a club great on social media, then that might be why he's leaving.

By the by, if you've ever heard Bob talk about his time as captain, the Akermanis years or players generally needing to pulled into line, Bob always says you address the behaviour/issue and never the person. Good people can make mistakes and it's not about saying they're bad people. I think Bob did this with Dahl, and like Akermanis he didn't like any feedback that didn't feed into his personal narrative. All Bob did was address a question about his post flag motivation. He didn't say he was a good person, a good player or doing irresponsible things. Bob simply played the ball, not the man like he did when we was vocal in the Akermanis end times. Some people just refuse to maturely take on a point that could help them, to accept the truth. Dahl is showing himself to be in the camp of others before him, like Akermanis. Like him, his legacy gets a bit of stain now. But I'm sure he doesn't care now.

G-Mo77
24-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Did Bob really pot him? I think he made a fairly obvious comment that Dahlhaus was a player who succeeded because he wanted it more than others but his hunger had dropped off a bit after the flag.
I don't think Bob potted him, he just made and observation. If Dahlhaus doesn't agree with it then he should just say so

Not really my point. If Dahl was so upset about it this is the opposite of what he should be doing. Maybe showing Bob he's working hard and "motivated" instead this.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Did Bob actually mention the word "motivated" on SEN?

Also the timing is off from Dahl on this given Murph's comments were made a few weeks ago. His post was also liked by several bulldogs players which i don't understand either. Strange one.

Webby
24-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Yeah I heard that interview live and your summary is spot on. Murphy was very balanced and respectful. Massive overreaction by Dahlhaus. If anything, it’s slightly reassuring that we’re not letting a totally flawless character leave.

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Not really my point. If Dahl was so upset about it this is the opposite of what he should be doing. Maybe showing Bob he's working hard and "motivated" instead this.

There are a few on Twitter defending Dahlhaus because Murphy supposedly potted him.
I've looked at what I can and I'm not sure he did but I get your point.

Yeah I heard that interview live and your summary is spot on. Murphy was very balanced and respectful. Massive overreaction by Dahlhaus. If anything, it’s slightly reassuring that we’re not letting a totally flawless character leave.

He's not naturally a brilliant player so if he isn't 100% focused he drops off quite a bit.
I'd hope he would acknowledge that

Greystache
24-09-2018, 09:31 AM
After seeing this it makes me believe that the rumours of bullying are true. I'm sure it's all tongue in cheek but there's enough in it to say to Murph that he didn't appreciate the comments he made.
If Dahl were on our books he would be taken to task pretty quickly for that type of display through social media. But he is no longer a bulldog so he can say what he likes now I suppose.

So a highly paid professional athlete, in an elite sporting environment, who's been under-performing for 2 years, has his attitude and commitment to doing his best questioned and that is now bullying?

Bullying really is the new black these days. No one's accountable for their actions or bahaviour, they're merely victims of people drawing their attention to it. Dahlhaus' response is that of a spoiled child, I don't like hearing the truth, so that makes me the real victim in all this. It's also the response of someone who's not going to take accountability for their performance and arrest his downward trajectory.

I suspect Geelong would be very concerned about their new signing. It wouldn't surprise me if third club came in and "stole" him away at the last minute.

azabob
24-09-2018, 09:42 AM
So a highly paid professional athlete, in an elite sporting environment, who's been under-performing for 2 years, has his attitude and commitment to doing his best questioned and that is now bullying?

Bullying really is the new black these days. No one's accountable for their actions or bahaviour, they're merely victims of people drawing their attention to it. Dahlhaus' response is that of a spoiled child, I don't like hearing the truth, so that makes me the real victim in all this. It's also the response of someone who's not going to take accountability for their performance and arrest his downward trajectory.

I suspect Geelong would be very concerned about their new signing. It wouldn't surprise me if third club came in and "stole" him away at the last minute.

I think the reference to bullying is scuttlebutt around Dahlhaus and a couple of others bullied a teammate.

EasternWest
24-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Couldn't agree more. It's a scourge and delegitimises what bullying actually is.

Twodogs
24-09-2018, 10:18 AM
I suspected for quite a while that Murphy (not undeservedly) felt a bit let down by some of his younger teammates and their "hur de hur hur, I've got a premiership medallion and bad luck to anyone who missed out." attitude. If I were Bob Murphy or Mitch Wallis I would be majorly pissed off that my 'teammates' won a flag and then couldn't have given a flying *!*!*!*! about those who missed out. They certainly weren't preparared to train and work hard in order to let their captain and a teammate who would walk through fire to benefit the team have the same experience.

Maybe it's just me but taking a dig at someone loses all impact when you spell it wrong.

Dal doesn't come across as the brightest tool in the shed, but hello there is spellcheck for the big words these days.

Have Geelong signed anything official yet? If they haven't they should be backing out of their offer at a million miles an hour.

And I agree with your point about bullying. In fact I'd go do far as to say that claiming you've been bullied when you quite obviously have not been bullied is a form of bullying in itself.

Goodbye Luke, it's been emotional

Grantysghost
24-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Did Bob actually mention the word "motivated" on SEN?

Also the timing is off from Dahl on this given Murph's comments were made a few weeks ago. His post was also liked by several bulldogs players which i don't understand either. Strange one.

That is strange, I thought maybe they were trying to defuse the situation by making it seem like more of a joke than it was but I really don't know. Maybe just young guys having a laugh.

hujsh
24-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Care to clarify this a bit since there seems to be some confusion about who was supposedly bullying who?

ratsmac
24-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Care to clarify this a bit since there seems to be some confusion about who was supposedly bullying who?

Yeah I will. Seems like not everyone heard the rumours.
It was said that Stringer, Dahl and Libba were constantly getting stuck into Tom Boyd. Not sure what about but I'd guess it would be his contract. Got to a point that someone took a shit in Tom's locker. Dahl was apparently the ring leader. Sounds like bullshit.

Now I've never posted this before because I thought it was all bullshit even though I heard it a number of time off different people. All I was saying in my post is that Dahl's childish behavior on Instagram leads me to think that maybe there is something in the rumours.

Murphy'sLore
24-09-2018, 01:05 PM
That is disgusting, if true. Puerile and deeply disappointing.

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Yeah I will. Seems like not everyone heard the rumours.
It was said that Stringer, Dahl and Libba were constantly getting stuck into Tom Boyd. Not sure what about but I'd guess it would be his contract. Got to a point that someone took a shit in Tom's locker. Dahl was apparently the ring leader. Sounds like bullshit.

Now I've never posted this before because I thought it was all bullshit even though I heard it a number of time off different people. All I was saying in my post is that Dahl's childish behavior on Instagram leads me to think that maybe there is something in the rumours.

Heard the same and it was before Boyd and Cloke had their leave of absence in 2017.
Hard to know if 100%

Grantysghost
24-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Heard the same and it was before Boyd and Cloke had their leave of absence in 2017.
Hard to know if 100%

Ditto heard that too. Not the locker part though, thats pathetic.

EasternWest
24-09-2018, 01:29 PM
So we move the dickheads on, but Libba gets a pass because he's an A grader?

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2018, 01:32 PM
If that is true then good on whoever (is it Bevo?) is ridding our club of these pathetic human beings. There is no room for that. Libba looks like he's on his last legs too.

I repeat. IF this is true.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2018, 01:33 PM

tbh, after hearing this and seeing Dahls Instagram posts, i wouldn't even care if Libba was no longer at the club.

But perhaps Libba, without the influences of others, will be a better individual.

The Pie Man
24-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Well, there doesn't seem to be any movement on a new deal. Can't imagine another club taking a punt on him given everything that's public knowledge to date.

I'll say this with no knowledge whatsoever (and knowing how well I predict, the club will have news to the exact opposite soon enough) but I reckon Tom's played his last game of senior footy.

I'd love him back, but only if he's focused & committed. He's clearly not...the last month of 2018 looked promising, and I'm sensing the cultural shift has already begun. Why jeapordise it?

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 01:42 PM

That point isn't lost on me. In my opinion if any player isn't committed to the club we should do what we can to move them on.
As supporters we have been way to lenient on some players because they were part of the flag.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Hard to know if 100%

If you believe the rumours he's a great multi-tasker. Training, playing, drinking and finding time to lead two guys to take a leave of absence.

Personally, I think anyone involved has to go. Stringer & Dahl have. Non bully party boys are out the door too. The no dickheadas test means just that. No dickheads. Not some dickheads. No dickheads.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Let's remember that we did offer Luke a contract though

jeemak
24-09-2018, 01:50 PM

Perhaps one we knew he wouldn’t accept...

bulldogtragic
24-09-2018, 01:51 PM

I'm sceptical whether it was to keep him, or just enough tactically to force another club to offer more to compensate us (hopefully sufficiently) through free agency.

EasternWest
24-09-2018, 02:00 PM
That point isn't lost on me. In my opinion if any player isn't committed to the club we should do what we can to move them on.
As supporters we have been way to lenient on some players because they were part of the flag.

Sure but I care less about commitment to the team than I do just being a straight up shit bloke. Get rid of him.

Obviously if these rumours are true of course.

Greystache
24-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Well, there doesn't seem to be any movement on a new deal. Can't imagine another club taking a punt on him given everything that's public knowledge to date.

I'll say this with no knowledge whatsoever (and knowing how well I predict, the club will have news to the exact opposite soon enough) but I reckon Tom's played his last game of senior footy.

I'd love him back, but only if he's focused & committed. He's clearly not...the last month of 2018 looked promising, and I'm sensing the cultural shift has already begun. Why jeapordise it?

Essendon would... and their supporters in the media would call it a recruiting coup and masterstroke.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Essendon would... and their supporters in the media would call it a recruiting coup and masterstroke.

Maybe we can just send Dahl and Libba to essendon for free and watch the club self implode again.

But then the AEFL would probably reward them for it.

The Pie Man
24-09-2018, 02:28 PM

Fair point

Was told St Kilda are sniffing around Tom....wouldn't that be a match made in heaven....

What a mess (and in all seriousness, I hope Tom's alright - I worry about what post football looks like for him)

GVGjr
24-09-2018, 02:46 PM

There may have been some incentive based clauses within the contract as well

ledge
24-09-2018, 02:50 PM
Let’s not get carried away just because Tom is with him doesn’t mean he had anything to do with it.
Tom says nothing in any of it .
The pictures could have been innocently taken and afterwards Luke has written all over them.

hujsh
24-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Well Stringer was moved on and he's an a-grade talent (under performing but so did Tom in his last year) but Dahl was still offered a contract though obviously less than what others were prepared to pay him.

So maybe the talent vs bullshit vs cost ratio just barely has Tom staying.

Greystache
24-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Well Stringer was moved on and he's an a-grade talent (under performing but so did Tom in his last year) but Dahl was still offered a contract though obviously less than what others were prepared to pay him.

Stringer was under contract when we traded him to Essendon, it wasn't a case of us not offering him a new deal.

Topdog
24-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Libba hasn't been an A grader for 2 years BUT he also hasn't done anything other than be on holiday with Dahl

EasternWest
24-09-2018, 03:26 PM

LOL.

Libba hasn't been an A grader for 2 years BUT he also hasn't done anything other than be on holiday with Dahl

Libba looked really fit at the start of the year - proof that he's got it in him. Or that full time partying is just the thing to looking trim, taut and terrific.

hujsh
24-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Stringer was under contract when we traded him to Essendon, it wasn't a case of us not offering him a new deal.

Yeah, as I said he was moved on. My point was that they have both been a-graders and it didn't stop us from trading one (the one with more currency on the market to be fair). Dahl we obviously still gave the option of staying though perhaps with the knowledge he'd take a better deal elsewhere.

The Pedge
24-09-2018, 07:06 PM
I've met Dahlhaus a few times and never rated him as a bloke. Neither do a few others than know him socially. I consider Bob's assessment of him pretty spot on and Dahlhaus' response epitomises his character. I think it's a great time to move him on whilst he still has currency.

I'm hopeful Tom comes back with some motivation but have fears he'll perhaps struggle to find the motivation. I find it odd and perhaps indicative that he hasn't signed a new contract yet. Nor has there been many stories relating to his rehab.

azabob
24-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Fair point

Was told St Kilda are sniffing around Tom....wouldn't that be a match made in heaven....

What a mess (and in all seriousness, I hope Tom's alright - I worry about what post football looks like for him)

Liberatore step brother is head recruiter at the Saints - so yeah would be interesting

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-09-2018, 07:47 PM
It's sad to reflect that there are a few guys from our 2016 year who just didn't have sufficient inner drive to keep going to the well for more.
Sad, but move them on, hopefully not Libba, but if he's not going to commit to what is needed, or comports himself in a manner that is not conducive to a good team culture, then he too should go.
Hopefully Dahl can pull his head in and find some maturity in another club environment.
The perceived slight he thinks Murph threw his way, is ridiculous. Maybe its the truth in his comment that has provoked such a disproportional response.

SonofScray
24-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Dahl has really blotted his copy book here, shit behaviour. For mine, he has swallowed up the good will fans afforded him around his decision to leave.

bornadog
24-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Dahl has really blotted his copy book here, shit behaviour. For mine, he has swallowed up the good will fans afforded him around his decision to leave.

Get ready for the BOOOOs

Rocket Science
24-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Get ready for the BOOOOs

They might be almost as loud as the hilarious jeers when he butchers his first set shot against us.

ratsmac
24-09-2018, 11:22 PM
Imagine if Geelong cooled on him after seeing his Instagram vids.

FrediKanoute
25-09-2018, 01:29 AM
Wouldn't be the first time......lets face it the fans weren't too happy about getting him in the first place. Fans are fickle, but they buy memberships etc.

Twodogs
25-09-2018, 08:18 AM

As I undstand it Libba was the only one who sniffed the wind and went before the playing group and pleaded for another chance. Stringers opinion was "hur de hur, I'm Jake stringer and I don't have to do that" and Dahlhaus "doesn't say sorry"

EasternWest
25-09-2018, 08:53 AM
As I undstand it Libba was the only one who sniffed the wind and went before the playing group and pleaded for another chance. Stringers opinion was "hur de hur, I'm Jake stringer and I don't have to do that" and Dahlhaus "doesn't say sorry"

Well that's interesting. It certainly fits the preferred narrative.

Mofra
25-09-2018, 09:07 AM
My understanding is that Libba had a very similar exit interview to Stringer. Libba cancelled his holiday plans and started training two weeks early in a show of commitment. Stringer had a public tantrum and left.

ratsmac
25-09-2018, 10:19 AM
My understanding is that Libba had a very similar exit interview to Stringer. Libba cancelled his holiday plans and started training two weeks early in a show of commitment. Stringer had a public tantrum and left.

I didn't know that. It's a shame Libba's knee blew out because apart from the obvious he didn't really get a chance to show he had changed.

Twodogs
25-09-2018, 02:34 PM

The cancellation of the holidays and early start to preseason was a show of faith to his teammates that he knew he had let them down and was prepared to do the hard yards in order to make up the shortfall in trust from his end.

The only reason I defend Libba is because he understands that football is a game of 18 v 18 and it doesn't matter how good you are without the other 17 blokes you are nothing. Above all it is a teamgame and once you let your teammates down it takes a ,it if hard work to win them back. Stringer didn't get it and Dalhaus was also struggling with the concept. But Libba also seems to have a fairly simple child like concept of friendship. He doesn't appear to understand that relationships come with a layer of competing loyalties and your friends don't always do right by you do you can't just accept everything they do uncritically.

Twodogs
25-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Well that's interesting. It certainly fits the preferred narrative.

It's one ive been mentioning for nearly 12 months.

ledge
25-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Let’s not barrel libber, he has done nothing wrong in this episode except be with Dahl.
All the stuff is Luke’s doing by the looks of it.

I’ve met Tom a few times , maybe i am scary ugly but he was very shy and quiet with me.
Might be easily lead but I also have this feeling he is a little different but not in a bad way.
Kind hearted and a sense of humour that is very endearing. That’s how he comes across to me.

EasternWest
25-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Let’s not barrel libber, he has done nothing wrong in this episode except be with Dahl.
All the stuff is Luke’s doing by the looks of it.

As far as I'm concerned this conversation has morphed into the bullying/shitting in a locker business, which if true of course, means Libba has done the opposite of nothing wrong.

ledge
25-09-2018, 04:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned this conversation has morphed into the bullying/shitting in a locker business, which if true of course, means Libba has done the opposite of nothing wrong.

I said this episode.

EasternWest
25-09-2018, 05:18 PM
I said this episode.

Sure, but let's not pretend he's a clean skin.

It's all speculation and rumour anyway, and Libba was in great nick at the start of this year, but it's clear at the very least he's repeatedly guilty of showing poor judgement. At what point does the penny drop?

ledge
25-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Sure, but let's not pretend he's a clean skin.

It's all speculation and rumour anyway, and Libba was in great nick at the start of this year, but it's clear at the very least he's repeatedly guilty of showing poor judgement. At what point does the penny drop?

I’m not defending his past history but I’m just saying just because he is away with Dahl doesn’t mean he is part of this.
The penny might have dropped last time and as I said he hasn’t done anything wrong in this instance. Just because he is in the pictures doesn’t mean he has anything to do with Dahl’s rant.
He also knows he has to be on his best behaviour.
If you look at it in a positive way apart from being in photos with Luke he has not commented or posted anything derogatory or negative, he has basically done the right thing in not doing anything.
Surprisingly the media hasn’t tried to bring him into it.

Grantysghost
25-09-2018, 09:12 PM
I’m not defending his past history but I’m just saying just because he is away with Dahl doesn’t mean he is part of this.
The penny might have dropped last time and as I said he hasn’t done anything wrong in this instance. Just because he is in the pictures doesn’t mean he has anything to do with Dahl’s rant.
He also knows he has to be on his best behaviour.
If you look at it in a positive way apart from being in photos with Luke he has not commented or posted anything derogatory or negative, he has basically done the right thing in not doing anything.
Surprisingly the media hasn’t tried to bring him into it.

I know he (Libba) was a partner in a venture creating an app to assist the homeless. He spoke about it at a pre game function can't remember which. So indicated to me he had his stuff together and that was probably half way through this season.

ledge
26-09-2018, 08:58 AM
From what I remember Wally and libber were very close growing up, the difference being Wallis gave up what he had to to become an AFL footballer whereas Libber is easily lead and tends to hang out with the wrong mates. Dahl in point, I have seen many pictures of both of them hanging out together over the years. Obviously the personalities are a fit and they get on well but it seems Dahl tends to be more an extrovert and libber an introvert.

Greystache
26-09-2018, 10:45 AM
From what I remember Wally and libber were very close growing up, the difference being Wallis gave up what he had to to become an AFL footballer whereas Libber is easily lead and tends to hang out with the wrong mates. Dahl in point, I have seen many pictures of both of them hanging out together over the years. Obviously the personalities are a fit and they get on well but it seems Dahl tends to be more an extrovert and libber an introvert.

That was media hype to build the romance of them coming to the club together.

They went to school together, played juniors together, and had a number of friends in the same friendship group, but they were never best friends or especially close.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-09-2018, 12:30 PM
It's sad to reflect that there are a few guys from our 2016 year who just didn't have sufficient inner drive to keep going to the well for more.
Sad, but move them on, hopefully not Libba, but if he's not going to commit to what is needed, or comports himself in a manner that is not conducive to a good team culture, then he too should go.
Hopefully Dahl can pull his head in and find some maturity in another club environment.
The perceived slight he thinks Murph threw his way, is ridiculous. Maybe its the truth in his comment that has provoked such a disproportional response.

Yeah Dahl's comments reek of overreaction born of the issue being close to the bone. He often took interviews and displayed himself to be the typical footballer that talks but doesn't really say anything possibly because he doesn't have much to say. Whatever he has proved himself as a warrior for the club.
It is sad that there may be a vein of suffering from the pressure. However this can be temporary like an illness. Hopefully those affected self diagnose and treat themselves in appropriate manner.

choconmientay
26-09-2018, 03:57 PM
‘We’re having a little footy tiff’: Bob responds to Dahlhaus’ post (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-bob-murphy-responds-to-luke-dahlhaus-instagram-post/news-story/460631360cb4829520d5eaa56f5cf7af)

Nothing that a cup of coffee can’t sort out.
... still I would like having him not doing/posting anything on Social Media. Young 'kids' nowadays don't have any good judgement.

Topdog
26-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Love the last line of that article....

The forward kicked just two goals in 17 games in 2018.

comrade
26-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Love the last line of that article....

The forward kicked just two goals in 17 games in 2018.

Not for lack of trying! I’ve never seen a player take a set shot and fail to register a score as much as Dahl in 2018.

Eastdog
26-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Dahl just hasn't been the same player that's for sure as before. Dissapointing.

Remi Moses
28-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Luke Dahlhaus has acted like a 12 year old here.

GVGjr
28-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Luke Dahlhaus has acted like a 12 year old here.

He's damaging himself because he doesn't need to be giving Geelong a chance to have a reconsider

Ghost Dog
28-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Liberatore might want to watch his social media doesn't get out of hand. He would want to have a huge year in 2019 or else.

ledge
29-09-2018, 06:37 AM
He's damaging himself because he doesn't need to be giving Geelong a chance to have a reconsider

But he is also damaging Liberatore by having him in the photos.
Why hasn’t Barrett jumped on that I ask myself.

choconmientay
29-09-2018, 07:57 AM
But he is also damaging Liberatore by having him in the photos.
Why hasn’t Barrett jumped on that I ask myself.
He did in this week episode of sliding doors. A vulture never let any opportunity slip.

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 08:15 AM
He did in this week episode of sliding doors. A vulture never let any opportunity slip.

Sure, but maybe rightly so at this point. Some people are defending Libba on this board and saying he's hasn't done anything wrong, but he's happily posing with Luke and abetting his petulance.

It's easy to tar Luke as a bit of a goose because he's leaving, but that's ignoring the elephant in the room imo.

ledge
29-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Sure, but maybe rightly so at this point. Some people are defending Libba on this board and saying he's hasn't done anything wrong, but he's happily posing with Luke and abetting his petulance.

It's easy to tar Luke as a bit of a goose because he's leaving, but that's ignoring the elephant in the room imo.

Luke might have added the “unmotivated “ himself without Tom knowing, they are innocent pictures taken on holiday.
We can all add stuff to photos after that are taken

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Luke might have added the “unmotivated “ himself without Tom knowing, they are innocent pictures taken on holiday.

There's been multiple pictures. You can't seriously believe that Tom hasn't looked at them.

I've got a bridge to sell you.

GVGjr
29-09-2018, 12:39 PM

There's been multiple pictures. You can't seriously believe that Tom hasn't looked at them.

Ledge, there is a level of "giving the people the benefit of the doubt" and there are some people who, for whatever reason, just refuse to believe the evidence in front of them.

I don't for one second think Liberatore is a victim here.

bornadog
29-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Unlike others, I just see a couple of young blokes being unnecessarily silly on social media.

We know Tom is a bit of a larikin off the field, but come to training and preparation he is second to none.

I am looking forward to seeing Tom in 2019, hopefully injury free

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Unlike others, I just see a couple of young blokes being unnecessarily silly on social media.

We know Tom is a bit of a larikin off the field, but come to training and preparation he is second to none.

Come to training and preparation in 2017 he was second to about 40 blokes.

In 2018 he was second to none, so it's clear he has it in him.

ledge
29-09-2018, 12:55 PM

Of course he has seen them
I’m Just saying it doesn’t mean he was happy with it or had anything to do with it.
I believe they have been taken down since anyway.
We could ask why and who put the pressure on to take them down or Luke himself did after seeing the reactions.
Geelong could have told him to , Tom could have told him to or even the bulldogs might have.
No doubt Toms hanging out with the wrong guy taking into account the circumstances at the moment and no one saw this coming but this holiday would have been organised months ago when all was sweet.
He could be a part of it , I would be very surprised if he was though.

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Of course he has seen them
I’m Just saying it doesn’t mean he was happy with it or had anything to do with it.
I believe they have been taken down since anyway.
We could ask why and who put the pressure on to take them down or Luke himself did after seeing the reactions.
Geelong could have told him to , Tom could have told him to or even the bulldogs might have.
No doubt Toms hanging out with the wrong guy taking into account the circumstances at the moment and no one saw this coming but this holiday would have been organised months ago when all was sweet.
He could be a part of it , I would be very surprised if he was though.

Bridge just went up in price :).

But seriously, I respect that you're trying to look at this with an open mind. Maybe I'm just a jaded cynic.

Rocket Science
29-09-2018, 01:35 PM
C'mon, I'm as cynical as they come but having his scone in a couple of snaps taken with a mate he's presently o/s with comfortably sits at the less worrying end of Tom's off-season repertoire.

Dahlhaus was the one providing all the narrative including mouthing off on former teammates' accounts, not Libba. That he's since deleted everything might speak as much to the fact he'd inadvertently roped in a teammate to his pissy tantrum as his own sense of embarrassment. No doubt there were plenty of behind the scenes LOLs but Luke's the one who thought it was a thigh-slapper to make it public.

There's no point trying to turn Tom into Jack Macrae or Mitch Wallis but if he sufficiently pulls his head in and re-approaches the upper limits of his own high on-field standards I'll wear the occasional Tom moment.

Now get the bloody bloke signed already.

AndrewP6
29-09-2018, 03:33 PM

This. Far too much being made of this.

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 03:35 PM
This. Far too much being made of this.

Thanks for giving me Vardy too.

AndrewP6
29-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Thanks for giving me Vardy too.

Never! My man Vardy is taking home the Norm.

GVGjr
29-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Come to training and preparation in 2017 he was second to about 40 blokes.

In 2018 he was second to none, so it's clear he has it in him.

And I think it's clear it's up to him to commit himself. If he does great, if not he will disappoint

GVGjr
29-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Dahlhaus is being silly and I guess he is a bit shitty about the club not offering him a bigger deal. I'm not sure what Tom is doing but he does know the content that is going up and if he agrees with it then fine if not he should distance himself from it.
It's about making good decisions.

hujsh
29-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Dahlhaus is being silly and I guess he is a bit shitty about the club not offering him a bigger deal. I'm not sure what Tom is doing but he does know the content that is going up and if he agrees with it then fine if not he should distance himself from it.
It's about making good decisions.

I doubt Dahl runs by Tom what he does with the photos he takes and puts up on Instagram. He most likely points the camera at him, says 'Oi, look here' and snaps away. I'd also not be super surprised if Tom wasn't regularly checking Instagram posts while on holiday.

For all the things Tom has stuffed up in the past this is not one of them.

GVGjr
29-09-2018, 05:39 PM
I doubt Dahl runs by Tom what he does with the photos he takes and puts up on Instagram. He most likely points the camera at him, says 'Oi, look here' and snaps away. I'd also not be super surprised if Tom wasn't regularly checking Instagram posts while on holiday.

For all the things Tom has stuffed up in the past this is not one of them.

Except for Tom checking things I think we are in agreement but coming at it from different angles. I believe he would know about the content of the images (friends, manager etc) and he either doesn't care because Dahlhaus is the one putting them up or he just thinks it's all a bit of a laugh. Either way, he's no victim here.

Happy Days
30-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Can't figure out how to post an image but Gowers just told Biggs (and his slab I guess) on Instagram that he "needs to be more professional bro"

Think Bob might have hit more than Dahl's nerves.

1eyedog
30-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Tom hasn't said anything. Is in a few o/s photos with his best mate.

Eastdog
30-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Can't figure out how to post an image but Gowers just told Biggs (and his slab I guess) on Instagram that he "needs to be more professional bro"

Think Bob might have hit more than Dahl's nerves.

This might help you out HD

https://postimages.org

bornadog
30-09-2018, 02:22 PM
This might help you out HD

https://postimages.org

Does that work with instagram photos?

Eastdog
30-09-2018, 02:24 PM

I'm not sure BAD.

Rocket Science
30-09-2018, 03:17 PM

A simple way with Insta stuff is to take a screenshot and upload it via imgBB or any other host.

As for Gowers' lil quip ... here's the offending shot.

https://preview.ibb.co/g7UteK/Screen_Shot_2018_09_30_at_3_09_20_PM.png (https://ibb.co/n2QARz)

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm sure Biggsy's not.

kruder
30-09-2018, 03:40 PM
People want what they cant have its pretty simple. When your told your good by so many people you end up wanting it all. Biggsy god love him for his efforts in 16 is just another bogan, another footballer looking to regain his youth he will get bored of smashing beers and joints eventually. If these boys think they have sacrificed something wait and till they enter the 9-5 grind. Um yeah good luck with that.

ledge
30-09-2018, 04:47 PM
I’ve met Billy and he certainly has done the hard yards and grown up learning you have to work hard to make it. Good head on his shoulders, he is certainly an asset in that regard.

Sedat
05-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Pick 25 for Dahl (will end up being closer to pick 30 after trade week). Disappointing that we didn't get end of 1st round as Geelong got for Motlop last year but AFEL makey uppey has no rhyme or reason. Could have been worse I suppose.

Remi Moses
05-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Bout what I thought . The Circus that is the afl just make it up as they go

jeemak
05-10-2018, 01:59 PM
If an AFL franchise was involved and it needed mollycoddling then it would have been first round, but it wasn't to be.

A second rounder and a premiership is a great return for an ex-Rookie who can't really kick. So long Dahl, thanks for your services.

EasternWest
05-10-2018, 02:02 PM
So long, Luke. Thanks for all the fish.

bornadog
05-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Thanks Luke for your services. Shame you turned out to be so *!*!*!*!ing immature

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Very sad it ended this way. I would suggest that with maturity and some self-reflection Luke may come to regret how he handled this as well as accept respinsibility for being in the predicament he was contract wise.

SlimPickens
05-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Best of luck to Luke. Was overall fantastic for the Dogs. I see the tit for tat stuff between him and Murph as exactly that and don't think it was anything to do with the footy club. Doing what is best for him within the profession and can't blame him for that.

Axe Man
05-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Can we please get Danny back to do the banners next year, or at least just for the Geelong game? I'm sure he will be able to work motivated in there somewhere.

Murphy'sLore
05-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Axe Man! It's MOTOVATED :rolleyes:

Axe Man
05-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Axe Man! It's MOTOVATED :rolleyes:

Ha, I knew he screwed it up but I couldn't be bothered finding the exact spelling of Luke's version of the word.

Your typical cheer squad member would misspell it anyway.

bornadog
05-10-2018, 04:56 PM
This bullshit from Luke:

recruit Luke Dahlhaus says he’s returned home to Geelong to be closer to family. He says he began to feel a bit stale @westernbulldogs but says he’s made up with Bob Murphy and has “nothing but love for him and the club.”

SlimPickens
05-10-2018, 04:58 PM
This bullshit from Luke:

Why do you think that?

bornadog
05-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Why do you think that?

Closer to mummy, for gods sake. Geelong is just down the road.

Stale - sorry can't have that, how do you become stale.

chef
05-10-2018, 05:22 PM
See you Luke, thanks for the flag. Not sad that hes gone as he sounds like a bit of a flog.

Pick 25 is fair enough too.

Axe Man
05-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Luke, Bob fighting like Cats and Dogs no more (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/luke-bob-fighting-like-cats-and-dogs-no-more)

NEW GEELONG recruit Luke Dahlhaus says he's patched things up with former skipper Robert Murphy.

The Western Bulldogs veteran was critical of Dahlhaus' commitment, with the comments made in his position as a media commentator.

Dahlhaus then hit back on social media from his holiday in Portugal.

"In hindsight I would have definitely handled myself a lot different," the 25-year-old told reporters in Geelong on Friday.

"The emotions just got to me and I'm disappointed with how I acted.

"I contacted Bob and we've sorted it out and showed our love to each other.

"It's all sorted, nothing but love for him and for the club."

Dahlhaus, has moved to the Cats as an unrestricted free agent, signing a four-year contract.

He admits his form suffered because of the uncertainty about his future, but denies there's a culture crisis at the Kennel.

"It can't be as bad as people are saying, there were a couple of reports going on during that year that we knew as boys at the club that weren't true," he said.

Dahlhaus insists his move is about him, not the club he's exited.

"I think that's what it was in the end, (I) just wanted to come home and have a bit of a fresh start," he said.

"It's weird, but it feels right."

After his social media antics I didn't know what to expect, but this is respectful so credit to him (even though his management and/or Geelong probably told him what to say). Although the uncertainty about his future must have started soon after the grand final win?

Ghost Dog
05-10-2018, 05:52 PM

Easy! how does one not become stale, an easier question. A premiership hero, according to friends at the club, easily the most popular player with kids at community events ( Dahlhaus clubhouse? at one point I think he had his own kids group, in the deadlock era). Thanks for everything.

SlimPickens
05-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Fair enough. Personally i think the club forced Luke’s hand (rightly so), so all the best to him. Good list management from us. Think I’m pretty much immune to player movement now (it’s the new black).

Remi Moses
05-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Agree with Slim . No longer outraged by player movement, as it seems to be growing .
Luke’s been phenomenal for a rookie pick and heart and soul player for us .
Good move for both parties as he’s got a bit stale since the flag

Bullies
05-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Can we please get Danny back to do the banners next year, or at least just for the Geelong game? I'm sure he will be able to work motivated in there somewhere. What happened to Danny? Why did he stop doing the banner?

ledge
05-10-2018, 07:08 PM
What happened to Danny? Why did he stop doing the banner?

He moved into doing the MC at social club and past player events .
I also think the club moved into a more fan involvement scheme where members could write the banner.

1eyedog
05-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Rookie list, Premiership player and now pick 25. All good for us.

ledge
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Rookie list, Premiership player and now pick 25. All good for us.

Good point, we have done well.

Twodogs
05-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Good point, we have done well.

Thanks young Mr Grace!