PDA

View Full Version : Pick 70 - Mitch Hahn

Cyberdoggie
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
No surprises here either.

Mitch at pick 70 for insurance reasons i guess.

immortalmike
07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I've never heard of this guy. Anyone have a highlights video...;)

Cyberdoggie
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I've never heard of this guy. Anyone have a highlights video...;)

No but apparently he's lightning quick and has exquisite skills on either foot.

:p

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
One for the future :)

Sedat
07-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Anyone have a highlights video...;)
He has a ripper 2006 highlights package, not so flash in 2010 :o

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
In his interview he says he 'plays a bit like Stephen Hill'.

Daughter of the West
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM

Thank you for that one, I just laughed out loud at work!

BulldogBelle
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Gold!! absolute gold!

What is it with every second draftee basing his game on Steven Hill?

Next we'll have coaches praising a player after a game. "Yes, he is a beauty isn't he? He really is the Stephen Hill of the team"

Ovatheboarder
07-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Absolute cracker! Quote of the day

Maddog37
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I would expect this guy to be a good pick up if he can stay fit. Might need some work on his upper body strength though.

Also can be a bit flashy but doesn't do the hard stuff very well from what I hear.

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
This Mitch Hahn bloke can make the hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Li4TvOWB0

And take them too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iS6-tnM9Y&feature=related

aker39
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Hahn takes change on the chin

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/106596/default.aspx

westdog54
04-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Saw him play at against Werribee on Saturday night.

Now I don't want to get too excited, given that it was only one game, only the VFL, etc etc.

But...

He looked like he had a new lease on life. Kicked 6 and could have had a couple more. Embarrased himself late in the goalsquare but only after some very good work. Won the ball in the pocket, beat an opponent for pace, charged for the goalsquare, baulked an opponent, and then had a fresh airy. Thing is he had 5 to that stage and got number 6 about 5 minutes later.

He chased, he tackled, he took marks, he used the ball well, he looked a changed man. He is ready to go as a back up if he's needed. Could be a great story in the making.

comrade
04-04-2011, 12:39 AM
beat an opponent for pace

What the? :eek::D

Great to hear that he's giving it a good crack down at Willy and keeping the boys on their toes.

chef
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
He will be very handy if Barry gets injured.

bornadog
04-04-2011, 06:32 PM

and thats the only way he will get a game.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 06:42 PM

If Barry gets injured, god help us.

Sedat
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
If Barry gets injured, god help us.
This is not to defend Hahn at all, but we did everything but make the 2009 GF with Scott Welsh as our key forward target.

immortalmike
04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Why? What ever happened to rewarding good form and not picking the same players every week? If (big if) Hahn is healthy and can replicate his 08-09 form (where he was no 1 in the AFL for tackles inside forward 50) we'd be infinitely more dangerous. But I guess picking an in form 30 year old is not as popular as picking a struggling 20 year old...

AndrewP6
04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Why? What ever happened to rewarding good form and not picking the same players every week? If (big if) Hahn is healthy and can replicate his 08-09 form (where he was no 1 in the AFL for tackles inside forward 50) we'd be infinitely more dangerous. But I guess picking an in form 30 year old is not as popular as picking a struggling 20 year old...

It's not as simple as that for Mitch this year. He's on the rookie list, which means someone has to be placed on the long term injury list for him to get the call up to the senior side.

chef
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM

I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
This is not to defend Hahn at all, but we did everything but make the 2009 GF with Scott Welsh as our key forward target.

Exactly, we didn't win a GF.

anfo27
04-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

I'm with you on that one Chef.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Would it be worthwhile allowing Jones (that's who I assume you talking about) to play a few games first before we even contemplate bring back Hahn?

At this point last year we would have thought that Grant would be no chance of being a factor come September, but he was because he improved over the course of the season and many supporters and quite possibly the MC believe Liam can follow a similiar flight path.

anfo27
04-04-2011, 07:49 PM
In last years NAB series Hahn was playing some of the best football i have seen him play for a while and then he got hit by a truck. He got his face caved in and from memory didn't miss a game. I think that really had an effect on him last year and in hindsight he should have missed at least a month to get himself right.
I'm hoping Mitch can play some great footy at Willi and give the MC no choice but to pick him and get himself closer to that 200 club.

bornadog
04-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I love Mitch Hahn, but the reality is he is too slow for modern football and thats why he is a rookie and not in the regular team.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I love Mitch Hahn, but the reality is he is too slow for modern football and thats why he is a rookie and not in the regular team.

Have you seen him in action this year?

bornadog
04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Have you seen him in action this year?

Not in AFL Football as he hasn't played. VFL is a different standard.

Pedro Sanchez
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM

I dont think its a case of his speed, more so at times his skill level that has been somewhat clunky and inconsistent.

Often throughout his career he's kicked the unexpected goal but then not followed up with converting the easier set shots... I love his strength though and if he's inform at Willi, I think he's in our best 21...

Mantis
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Not in AFL Football as he hasn't played. VFL is a different standard.

Obviously I should have been a little clearer with my question: Have you seen Mitch at training or in action this year?

azabob
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM

He is a rookie as the MC believe he can add value. Will not be surprised to see him play for us again, in fact I will be more surprised if he doesn't play AFL this season.

Ghost Dog
04-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Gia sure misses the days when Mitch would draw the attention away from him on woof.net

Desipura
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Obviously I should have been a little clearer with my question: Have you seen Mitch at training or in action this year?

It does not matter whether BAD has seen him at training, if Hahn gets a game, we are going backwards or have copped a high number of injuries

jazzadogs
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
It does not matter whether BAD has seen him at training, if Hahn gets a game, we are going backwards or have copped a high number of injuries
Depends who he's dropped for, really.

If his form warrants inclusion (ie he is clearly playing better than someone in our best 21/22), then I have no problem with it as an extra in-form player providing defensive pressure is better than an out-of-form player.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 08:48 PM

It does matter so I will wait for bornadog's reply before I give my reasoning.

Desipura
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Depends who he's dropped for, really.

If his form warrants inclusion (ie he is clearly playing better than someone in our best 21/22), then I have no problem with it as an extra in-form player providing defensive pressure is better than an out-of-form player.
I think his best is past him

bornadog
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Ok, I haven't seen him at training and I think I saw him in the NAB cup game early on.

I am of course judging him on last year and I just don't think he will add much to the forward pressure side that is required. I can't see him and Bazza in the same side.

Bulldog Joe
04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Well if we did look like contending I would see Mitch as a very good chance to be a contributor in the finals. He would be a good sub in the last quarter of a finals game when strength becaomes important because the runners are flagging.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Ok, I haven't seen him at training and I think I saw him in the NAB cup game early on.

I am of course judging him on last year and I just don't think he will add much to the forward pressure side that is required. I can't see him and Bazza in the same side.

It's fair to say that he is moving a fair bit better than he did last year and if he was required to step into the senior team I would think that he would acquit himself better than he did last season when he played liked and was a banged up old warrior.

Agree that we probably couldn't play both him and Hall in the same team, but he would be an option if Barry's body failed him.

jazzadogs
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I think his best is past him
I would have thought that too...but what if he's playing in the VFL back at his 'best'?

I know it's hard to judge VFL vs AFL, but I think if he's showing the form he deserves a crack, just like any other player showing good form for Willy deserves a crack.

While it's all well and good to say that we want to give the young guys a go, if it gets to Rd20 and they're still not improving, Hahn is in 'best' form and we still feel we're a step off the pace, I think he should be included.

GVGjr
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
It's fair to say that he is moving a fair bit better than he did last year and if he was required to step into the senior team I would think that he would acquit himself better than he did last season when he played liked and was a banged up old warrior.

Agree that we probably couldn't play both him and Hall in the same team, but he would be an option if Barry's body failed him.

If Hall went down for an extended period early in the season would we best served to bring in Hahn to cover a long term injury or bite the bullet and stick with a combination of Roughead, Jones and Grant and see where that takes us?

To me, I think the option of promoting Hahn to cover Hall only comes into play in the 2nd half of the season if a top 4 finish is still realistic.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
If Hall went down for an extended period early in the season would we best served to bring in Hahn to cover a long term injury or bite the bullet and stick with a combination of Roughead, Jones and Grant and see where that takes us?

To me, I think the option of promoting Hahn to cover Hall only comes into play in the 2nd half of the season if a top 4 finish is still realistic.

I agree with that. Give the kids the initial opportunity and if they are struggling then you look for some big body support from Hahn.

Even if the kids do fail at least it will give them the opportunity to play without Hall or Hahn which is something we will have to do as early as next year.

immortalmike
05-04-2011, 02:14 AM
It's not as simple as that for Mitch this year. He's on the rookie list, which means someone has to be placed on the long term injury list for him to get the call up to the senior side.

Injuries are inevitable. If we promote on form and Mitch deserves it I think he should play.

Would it be worthwhile allowing Jones (that's who I assume you talking about) to play a few games first before we even contemplate bring back Hahn?

At this point last year we would have thought that Grant would be no chance of being a factor come September, but he was because he improved over the course of the season and many supporters and quite possibly the MC believe Liam can follow a similiar flight path.

I wasn't referring to any particular player, just potting the 'conventional wisdom' on most Footy forums that says "it doesn't matter how good your form is so long as you're young, you should be picked". I've even heard calls for Cordy to come in :rolleyes:

My opinion on Mr Jones however is that I have no idea how it will pan out. Will he have the same break-out performances as Grant did last year? Or will he flounder and lose all confidence being man-handled and beaten by more experienced opponents? I think it depends on two things; First, can the kid handle it mentally. And second, will the team benefit not only in the long term and (for Rocket's career and everyone's sanity) the short term as well.

His performances to date have been fairly poor to be honest. Last year he looked out of his depth but showed a fantastic willingness to work hard, make position and apply defensive pressure. This year not much has changed, and while I can't fault him against Essendon, I felt his performance against Brisbane was disappointing, in that he struggled against defenders that were on his level in a dominant side.

A little harsh yes but is this what we need in a team that's stated goal is a premiership. To be honest I'm not sure either way as I can see it backfiring but I can also see it working out quite well. I'm just a little worried about a possible Westhoff/Fraser effect of playing a kid before they're ready and thus they lose all confidence. I think it worked with Grant because he is reportedly "very comfortable in his own skin" I'm not sure Jones has Merlin's confidence.

Gia sure misses the days when Mitch would draw the attention away from him on woof.net

I'm sure he misses Eagle as well then...

Sedat
05-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Exactly, we didn't win a GF.
We were a hell of a lot closer with Welsh up forward in 2009 than we were with Hall up forward last year, the point being that our around the ground structures and set-ups will determine our flag chances in 2011, and the bloke in the goal square is but one small component of that. If having the best key forward in the competition correlates directly with winning the premiership Carlton would have finished 1st instead of 16th when Fev was in his prime.

Desipura
05-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Well if we did look like contending I would see Mitch as a very good chance to be a contributor in the finals. He would be a good sub in the last quarter of a finals game when strength becaomes important because the runners are flagging.
So you are willing to risk putting Hahn as a sub just to play the last quarter? What happens if we cop an injury in the first 5 minutes of a game? Are you willing to go in with one less runner?

BulldogBelle
05-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Would we consider moving Jones to the VFL latter in the season if he is down on form, or needs to regain some confidence against lower quality opposition???

Hahn would be his replacement?

I'm in favour of having a long term approach (to develop Jones) of keeping Jones in the team as long as possible though, but if Mitch's and Liam's form respectively draws our hand, I'm not opposed to Mitch getting a game or two

Am also in favour of getting a game or two into Mitch if he continues to kick bags of 6 in the VFL, come the pointy end of the season we may need as many players as possible who have the ability to come straight into the side.

mjp
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
We were a hell of a lot closer with Welsh up forward in 2009 than we were with Hall up forward last year...

Kind of true...except that Welsh was playing as a loose man in defence by the time the 2009 finals rolled around and Hahn/Minson were our primary inside 50m targets.

The Pie Man
05-04-2011, 01:17 PM
We were a hell of a lot closer with Welsh up forward in 2009 than we were with Hall up forward last year, the point being that our around the ground structures and set-ups will determine our flag chances in 2011, and the bloke in the goal square is but one small component of that. If having the best key forward in the competition correlates directly with winning the premiership Carlton would have finished 1st instead of 16th when Fev was in his prime.

That may have more to do with 2009 being that group's time (and god I hope I'm wrong) than anything else - Gia/Cross/Gilbee/Hargrave all 2 years younger, Johnson not hampered by an achilles, winning the last 3 rounds of the season and losing the QF to Geelong by only 2 goals despite not showing up.

I'll re-iterate that of course I hope I'm wrong...and there's been plenty of new talent (and trades) coming through that look promising.

westdog54
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
So you are willing to risk putting Hahn as a sub just to play the last quarter? What happens if we cop an injury in the first 5 minutes of a game? Are you willing to go in with one less runner?

If it means finally winning a prelim and making a Grand Final if it comes off? Definitely worth the risk. A fit, fresh Hahn coming on late in a 3rd quarter in a final could be a very powerful weapon.

EasternWest
05-04-2011, 06:43 PM
That may have more to do with 2009 being that group's time (and god I hope I'm wrong) than anything else - Gia/Cross/Gilbee/Hargrave all 2 years younger, Johnson not hampered by an achilles, winning the last 3 rounds of the season and losing the QF to Geelong by only 2 goals despite not showing up.

I'll re-iterate that of course I hope I'm wrong...and there's been plenty of new talent (and trades) coming through that look promising.

29 points IIRC. But we were never really in it.

Mantis
05-04-2011, 06:59 PM

14pts.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
In recent times, Collingwood has been the most successful at introducing young players into their team. They have also benefited enormously from having a Match Committee that resists any form of sentimentalism or favouritism; winning a premiership whilst fit and established senior players sat on the sidelines.

It is safe to say, therefore, that Collingwood know a thing or two about development and the reserves; and that their opinion of the VFL should be of great interest when discussing a senior player's form in that league.

Last year, Mick Malthouse stated that he wouldn't allow a senior player to play more than three games in a row in the VFL, as they become too acclimatised to the slower game which has detrimental effects on their performance when they return to the seniors.

On 3AW on Saturday, he went one step further and declared that no player on his list would play more than fourteen games in the VFL this year.

Collingwood clearly believes that the gap in quality between the AFL and the VFL has never been greater. I saw Williamstown play a lot last year and I wholeheartedly agree.

A former AFL great with a few miles left in his legs can absolutely kick six goals at VFL level, especially when he's fresh at the start of the season. The structures are more accommodating (forwards don't have to push as far up the ground, nor as often), the ground is less congested, the pace and intensity is significantly reduced and the opposition is less physically developed.

Mitch Hahn was a great player for us. His rookie selection is a testament to his standing at the club (the powers that be think that our kids will get better by playing alongside him and learning from him at Willy), but the reasons for his delisting were legitimate and amounted to more than just his playing hurt last year.

I've seen him at training and, while he is clearly in better shape, just because he is running on top of the ground doesn't mean that he is traveling across it significantly quicker. The belief that he will still be fresh in September even after a season at only the VFL's intensity is optimistic to say the least. He'll be thirty years old, the winter is long, and his courage on the field during his stellar ten year career resulted in his body taking a pounding.

Calls for his return to the seniors are premature.

Ghost Dog
05-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, I'm in Footscray these days so I hope to get down to willy and don the yellow and blue to cheer the old war horse on. Hope he kicks several bags.

Mantis
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm in Footscray these days so I hope to get down to willy and don the yellow and blue to cheer the old war horse on. Hope he kicks several bags.

You like watching dirt get moved around?

* Williamstown are playing their home games elsewhere in 2011 while the ground is re-developed.

EasternWest
05-04-2011, 07:28 PM
14pts.

Sorry. I was thinking of 08 PF. I mixed my P's and Q's.

Ghost Dog
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM

* Williamstown are playing their home games elsewhere in 2011 while the ground is re-developed.

Ah, just got back from China. Cheers.

Greystache
05-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Even if he did he'd be disappointed, there hasn't been a sod turned in anger since they found the discarded artillery shells under the grand stand. Hopefully they get all the historical society stuff out if the way and back on schedule soon.

Greystache
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
He'll be thirty years old, the winter is long, and his courage on the field during his stellar ten year career resulted in his body taking a pounding

That is almost a word for word quote of what Scott Clayton said when asked if he was going to look at bringing Mitch home to play for GC, and he loved him!

bornadog
05-04-2011, 08:03 PM
14pts.
2008 Prelim

Geelong 12.11 83

WBulldogs 7.12 54

Whoops just saw your other post.

Mantis
05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
2008 Prelim

Geelong 12.11 83

WBulldogs 7.12 54

The game in question was the 2009 QF:

Geelong 14.12.96

WB 12.10.82

That margain is 14pts in my book..... Apology accepted.;)

bornadog
05-04-2011, 08:13 PM

The game in question was the 2009 QF:

Geelong 14.12.96

WB 12.10.82

That margain is 14pts in my book..... Apology accepted.;)

hahaha

Sedat
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
29 points was the 2008 PF margin against the Cats, and we were in that game up to our eyeballs until 10 minutes to go, when Rooke smashed into Johnno, the umpire swallowed his whistle, and the resultant goal finally killed us off - we were only 2 goals down and coming hard at the time.

By contrast, the 2009 QF ended up a closer margin, but the scoreline flattered us big time. The Cats smashed us in the first 3 qtrs and led by almost 7 goals at 3/4 time before easing up.

Hahn as a sub? Not the worst idea in the world. Even in the last couple of finals series, he had good 20 minute patches here and there but could never sustain it over the course of a full match. Stewey Dew was probably the first prototype super sub, and we all know how effective his 20 minute burst was in the 08 GF.

Hotdog60
05-04-2011, 10:48 PM
In recent times, Collingwood has been the most successful at introducing young players into their team. They have also benefited enormously from having a Match Committee that resists any form of sentimentalism or favouritism; winning a premiership whilst fit and established senior players sat on the sidelines.

It is safe to say, therefore, that Collingwood know a thing or two about development and the reserves; and that their opinion of the VFL should be of great interest when discussing a senior player's form in that league.

Last year, Mick Malthouse stated that he wouldn't allow a senior player to play more than three games in a row in the VFL, as they become too acclimatised to the slower game which has detrimental effects on their performance when they return to the seniors.

On 3AW on Saturday, he went one step further and declared that no player on his list would play more than fourteen games in the VFL this year.

Collingwood clearly believes that the gap in quality between the AFL and the VFL has never been greater. I saw Williamstown play a lot last year and I wholeheartedly agree.

A former AFL great with a few miles left in his legs can absolutely kick six goals at VFL level, especially when he's fresh at the start of the season. The structures are more accommodating (forwards don't have to push as far up the ground, nor as often), the ground is less congested, the pace and intensity is significantly reduced and the opposition is less physically developed.

Mitch Hahn was a great player for us. His rookie selection is a testament to his standing at the club (the powers that be think that our kids will get better by playing alongside him and learning from him at Willy), but the reasons for his delisting were legitimate and amounted to more than just his playing hurt last year.

I've seen him at training and, while he is clearly in better shape, just because he is running on top of the ground doesn't mean that he is traveling across it significantly quicker. The belief that he will still be fresh in September even after a season at only the VFL's intensity is optimistic to say the least. He'll be thirty years old, the winter is long, and his courage on the field during his stellar ten year career resulted in his body taking a pounding.

My way of thinking as well, loved Mitch as a player but time to look forward and bite the bullet and we need to have a long term injury for him to get a game.

The Adelaide Connection
06-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Whilst I agree with this post there are always exceptions to any rule. Leigh Brown was the worst player in the AFL and round 1 last year you only had to listen to how their supporters reacted to anything he did. Kinda like the criticism Gia gets but from everybody.

The romantic in me hopes that Mitch could become our Leigh Brown fairytale story, rescued from the scrapheap when he should have arguably been left there.

The Pie Man
06-04-2011, 09:27 AM
29 points was the 2008 PF margin against the Cats, and we were in that game up to our eyeballs until 10 minutes to go, when Rooke smashed into Johnno, the umpire swallowed his whistle, and the resultant goal finally killed us off - we were only 2 goals down and coming hard at the time.

By contrast, the 2009 QF ended up a closer margin, but the scoreline flattered us big time. The Cats smashed us in the first 3 qtrs and led by almost 7 goals at 3/4 time before easing up.

Hahn as a sub? Not the worst idea in the world. Even in the last couple of finals series, he had good 20 minute patches here and there but could never sustain it over the course of a full match. Stewey Dew was probably the first prototype super sub, and we all know how effective his 20 minute burst was in the 08 GF.

True - I had this little moment of excitement in the 3rd when our previous 21 kicked a goal and we were only 2 goals down, and then we faded badly. I was so disappointed that day, thought we were on track - I can't remember being that tense before a game.

Through the 09 finals series, it felt like we were better placed to have a real crack, with little difference b/w us, Geelong & St Kilda - I know we were very competitive in the 08 PF, but it felt we were a comfortable 3rd to Geelong & Hawthorn that year.

And.....good to see Hahn playing well, would be a good option late in the year if we're amongst the top teams and injuries hit.

1eyedog
06-04-2011, 10:59 AM
If Mitch got another crack he would kill himself out there (or someone else) that's how bad he wants it. I'm not sure how good his 110% is, but you would know you would get it if you picked him.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 06:02 PM

Disagree. If Hahn was training the house down and playing superbly at Willi, then you would be a fool to not pick him. We should be selecting on current form. If he comes in and tapers off again, then out he goes and we bring back Jones. For mine, it's about who is contributing the most to the game plan each week.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I think if BBBB went down for the season we would use Jones AND Panos to cover with Hahn as backup/ roving forward

Greystache
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I think if BBBB went down for the season we would use Jones AND Panos to cover with Hahn as backup/ roving forward

Panos played in Willi's reserves on the weekend.

I think he's got talent, and he's obviously worked really hard in the off season, but his goal for the season should be to play regular senior footy at Willi and earn his spot on our list.

LostDoggy
07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Disagree. If Hahn was training the house down and playing superbly at Willi, then you would be a fool to not pick him. We should be selecting on current form. If he comes in and tapers off again, then out he goes and we bring back Jones. For mine, it's about who is contributing the most to the game plan each week.

As fun as it is to party likes it's 2009; this club would be well and truly losing the plot if it replaced a twenty year old key position player with a thirty year old "rookie".

The entire AFL competition stands testament to the fact that young talls need senior experience. If we don't play Jones (and Roughead) this year then we'll be inflicting terrible damage on ourselves in the future when we need them to replace Hall and Hudson (and that could be as early as next year).

Jones will play for Williamstown if his work rate drops off, if he isn't obeying team rules or if he needs an easier run to improve his confidence.

He simply must not, however, be forced out of the team because a former great is playing well against inferior opposition.

We must be prepared to endure the occasional poor performance from the young guys for the long term gain.

Nuggety Back Pocket
07-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Panos played in Willi's reserves on the weekend.

I think he's got talent, and he's obviously worked really hard in the off season, but his goal for the season should be to play regular senior footy at Willi and earn his spot on our list.

Panos is still very much unproven unlike a Liberatore who looked the goods as soon he played his first senior game. The thought of bringing Mitch Hahn back only highlights our inability to recruit good key players. Given Hahn's distinct lack of pace you might consider playing him out of the goalsquare if for heaven forbid any thing should happen to Hall.

LostDoggy
12-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Expected to sign on with Collingwood soon as a developmental forwards coach.
A little disappointed as i hoped he stayed with a coaching role with us/Willy, but i'm guessing the money wasn't even comparable to what Collingwood offered.
Best of luck (in some ways) to him

Murphy'sLore
12-10-2011, 12:09 PM

It's like Rocket, you want to wish them the best personally, but without wishing well to the club... if that's possible...

G-Mo77
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Expected to sign on with Collingwood soon as a developmental forwards coach.
A little disappointed as i hoped he stayed with a coaching role with us/Willy, but i'm guessing the money wasn't even comparable to what Collingwood offered.

Which is a surprise, I heard from a reliable source a couple of weeks ago he was coaching Darley. Would have loved him to stay on at Willy. I've got nothing but respect for Mitch Hahn so good luck to the guy.

Greystache
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Which is a surprise, I heard from a reliable source a couple of weeks ago he was coaching Darley. Would have loved him to stay on at Willy. I've got nothing but respect for Mitch Hahn so good luck to the guy.

He was, he told them today he was taking the Collingwood job instead.

G-Mo77
12-10-2011, 07:57 PM
He was, he told them today he was taking the Collingwood job instead.

I take it you've got something to do with the Darley football club or know someone there.

Greystache
12-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I take it you've got something to do with the Darley football club or know someone there.

No, Mitch Hahn.

G-Mo77
13-10-2011, 09:35 AM
No, Mitch Hahn.

Oh, ok then. :)