PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Member Merchandise

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Is anyone here part of the Bulldogs for life membership renewal program (pay by the month auto renewal)

If so have you received your member merchandise as of yet?.

Normally I would receive our prior to Xmas however this year all I have received so far is my membership cards (approx 6 Weeks ago)

I tried calling Membership the other day however they are still away until the 10th.

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm a Bulldog For Life. I did receive an email(?) before Christmas saying that our membership packs should start arriving, some as early as before Christmas. I haven't received anything as yet though. Waiting on the new car sticker as the old one peeled off last week!! :)

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks Suz. Hopefully someone saw value in your member sticker and actually stole it off your car

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks Suz. Hopefully someone saw value in your member sticker and actually stole it off your car

He he. Being in the Eastern suburbs not too many are interested in my Bulldogs stickers!! The sun did the damage. :D

The Underdog
06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
He he. Being in the Eastern suburbs not too many are interested in my Bulldogs stickers!! The sun did the damage. :D

I live on a dirt road so my stickers are lucky to last more than 6 months.

I got a mug in the mail yesterday, didn't realise I was getting a mug, but there it is.
I haven't received anything else though including the polo I ordered.

aker39
06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I got a mug in the mail yesterday, didn't realise I was getting a mug, but there it is.
I haven't received anything else though including the polo I ordered.

The mug is for being part of the Bulldog for Life membership.

KT31
06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
First I knew about the mugs was in this month magazine.
Haven't recieved anything yet.

Years ago you could get glass 'Footscray' stickers and put them on the inside of the back window.
I had one on my car at the time and it was as good as new a couple of years later.
Maybe the membership dept. could look into them for us.

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Ive been thinking the same thing...
Yesterday I got my Bulldog for Life Mug in the mail, but still nothing else!
Ive seen people say on Facebook that they have gotten their Membership pack in the past couple of days, so hopefully we're not too far behind!
As for my membership card, I wont get that for a few weeks, because i'm a new member with a new Reserved Seat, correct?

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Still no pack, getting antsy. Only got membership card so far.

AndrewP6
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Still no pack, getting antsy. Only got membership card so far.

Same...

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Just saw on the Bulldogs Facebook page that some members have got their merchandise. This person got theirs yesterday and said it was posted on 17th December (from overseas I assume). The cap looks quite good. So does the sticker - no slogan on it this year though.

AndrewP6
06-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm a Bulldog For Life. I did receive an email(?) before Christmas saying that our membership packs should start arriving, some as early as before Christmas. I haven't received anything as yet though. Waiting on the new car sticker as the old one peeled off last week!! :)

I live on a dirt road so my stickers are lucky to last more than 6 months.

I'm keen for the new stickers - my sticker started coming off in about Round 4 :eek:. And I don't live on a dirt road. :(:)

Daughter of the West
06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Just saw on the Bulldogs Facebook page that some members have got their merchandise. This person got theirs yesterday and said it was posted on 17th December (from overseas I assume). The cap looks quite good. So does the sticker - no slogan on it this year though.

I like the fact the cap isn't white this year, I wore mine when I went camping this year...filthy in about 3 seconds flat!

Murphy'sLore
06-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Sticker was too dark last year too, impossible to read. Mine didn't last long either!

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Well I'm glad to hear we are all in the same boat, however considering that in previous years member merchandise has been shipped prior to Xmas I am a little disappointed.

We normally give it to the kids to help fill up their Xmas stocking.

Not a biggy really and they haven't missed it (yet) but an expectation had previously been set.

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm a Bulldog for Life and I haven't received my membership goodies yet either! Got my membership card in December, but that's it! My sticker just peeled off a couple of weeks ago as well, so I am looking for a new one too!

Mr.1975
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I got my Bulldog for Life mug today, but nothing else as of yet.. Disappointing to hear that the stickers are peeling off (yet) again, they can never seem to get this right at membership HQ

OLD SCRAGGer
06-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Membership Card arrived late October. Nothing else as yet. Looking at the pic of what we get...COULDN'T see scarf :eek: we get a scarf don't we :confused:

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Membership Card arrived late October. Nothing else as yet. Looking at the pic of what we get...COULDN'T see scarf :eek: we get a scarf don't we :confused:

My understanding is that there is no scarf this year

Mr.1975
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
you have to buy the scarf - as per last season -in 2011

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
you have to buy the scarf - as per last season -in 2011

I didn't buy a scarf last year but I did get one?

The Coon Dog
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
My understanding is that there is no scarf this year

It all depends om what type of membership you have.

Perhaps have a look at the club's webiste & see:

http://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/

In my case, I'm Premiership Gold, so I get one.

aker39
06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
All social club members get a scarf.

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 03:55 PM

thanks - that may explain why I got one last year

OLD SCRAGGer
06-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Thanks, I'm a Social Club Member..so look forward to scarf again :)

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I'll put mine up in the cupboard with the rest of them, because nothing will come close to the WOOF/BEARD scarf!! :D

Curly5
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll put mine up in the cupboard with the rest of them, because nothing will come close to the WOOF/BEARD scarf!! :D

It looks like becoming a collectors' item - Ben has announced the demise of the beard for 2011!

Cyberdoggie
06-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Hmm, i didn't get one.

I did last year however. I'll have to chase that up.

Desipura
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
It looks like becoming a collectors' item - Ben has announced the demise of the beard for 2011!

A more permanent feature may be the go in 2011, like a picture of Merlin aka J Grant. His looks wont change much unless he gets a facelift.

aker39
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Hmm, i didn't get one.

I did last year however. I'll have to chase that up.

No one has them this year yet

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I have Premiership Silver and haven't received anything..membership card or member pack..

Anyone else in the same situation?

AndrewP6
06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
A more permanent feature may be the go in 2011, like a picture of Merlin aka J Grant. His looks wont change much unless he gets a facelift.

Or a transplant! :D

mighty_west
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I got my membership card before Christmas [SC Gold], but not the pack as yet, but received the mug today in the mail.

AndrewP6
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM

All the more reason to honour The Beard.

"The Beard is dead. Long live The Beard!"

I may have just created my new signature...

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Great idea - Merlin does have an "unusual" look, I never know whether to call him Avatar or Merlin! :D

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I have Premiership Silver and haven't received anything..membership card or member pack..

Anyone else in the same situation?

I'm Premiership Silver and haven't received anything yet though the money has gone through my credit card!! Hope to get something soon.:cool:

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm Premiership Silver and haven't received anything yet though the money has gone through my credit card!! Hope to get something soon.:cool:

Yeah been debited too.

I hope there is a Beard tribute shirt coming out

R.I.P Beard 2008?-2010. You will be remembered on Huddo's chin, forever.

LostDoggy
06-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I to have only received my card. that was in october i think. and i dont remember where i even put it :S havent received anything else. like others dont even know what I am getting, only thing i know is that mug with my name on it.

LostDoggy
07-01-2011, 12:20 AM

When was this? I can recall at least half a dozen times where The Beard's demise from the chin of Ben Hudson so the proof will be in the shaving. Long live The Beard!

Remi Moses
07-01-2011, 03:49 PM
You guys did well,my sticker blew off on NYEve 09/10!!The stickers are terrible and we should get the ones that stick on the inside of your car.Glad there's no cornball slogans

LostDoggy
07-01-2011, 04:48 PM
All this talk about stickers has reminded me of a bumper sticker that we have 3 or 4 season ago.

Off topic but not really worth a new thread.

Does anyone remember the sticker "glory is fleeting but passion is forever" or something like that.

Upon relection this was a really bad slogan/statement.

My take on it was that we as a club don't need the glory of a premisership victory as our passion will keep us going forever.

Not sure if that was the clubs intention or not. If you remember it, what was your take on it?

divvydan
07-01-2011, 06:51 PM
My membership pack came in the mail today. Hat, stickers, lanyard, fridge magnet, and lapel pin.

Hat is able to fit my big head better than last year's which is already a good improvement.

The Coon Dog
07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
My membership pack came in the mail today. Hat, stickers, lanyard, fridge magnet, and lapel pin.

Hat is able to fit my big head better than last year's which is already a good improvement.

Was it sent via Australia Post or courier?

divvydan
07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Was it sent via Australia Post or courier?

Can't be entirely sure as all I know was that it was on my doorstep when I got home. The only place I know it has come from is Hong Kong as that's all over the package.

LostDoggy
07-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Got my mug today, it is atrocious. Posted direct from hong kong (i think), the image is all smudged, it looks like crap. I would rather they just spend the money on the football department than send out crap like that.

LostDoggy
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Got my mug today, it is atrocious. Posted direct from hong kong (i think), the image is all smudged, it looks like crap. I would rather they just spend the money on the football department than send out crap like that.

Mine was on the doorstep today too - I agree with you, pretty crappy. At least they spelt my name right, I suppose. :D

KT31
10-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Recieved two mugs today.
One for my wife and one for one of my pup's.
Is this a mistake and one should ahve been in my name oer doa all Members for Life get one including juniors ?

I agree image is blurry and could have been a better design.

LostDoggy
10-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Can you elect to not receive all this rubbish? The mug, the lanyard and pen and assorted flotsam? Shipping that mug from hong kong is a waste of the world's resources.

Mr.1975
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM
It seems we are all a bit disappointed with the quality of the mug sent out for "Bulldog For Life" members.

I actually purchased one of the mugs with the "jumper wrap around" design before Christmas and was very happy with the quality of that mug.

Maybe the club should start thinking quality before quantity when it comes to member merchandise.

ledge
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I just rang the club as i purchased mine and my daughters membership the same day (some day early December) my card arrived before xmas but my daughter hasnt sighted hers, club said they are still sending out members cards, packs started to be sent out this week.

LostDoggy
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Got my mug today. The mug only though :(

not as bad as some people have been saying.

LostDoggy
11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I like this years membership sticker, hated last years. It explains all I want it to, that i'm a member/ supporter of my club.

The caps look alright but i have never worn one.

LostDoggy
11-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Some of the reasons I become a Bulldog for Life, was the convenience of payment and special promotions for us 'Lifers' on the odd occasion. For the record, I am a Silver Concession member with pet membership for the girlfriend's beagle, Lucy, and a contribution to the 'Bulldoze the Debt' campaign (more than they asked me for ;)).

One of those promotions arrived today. A package in the pre-arranged postie stook (postie got tennis tickets this time for his Christmas bonus) greeted me when I got home from work selling the Big Issue this morning. It was addressed to Lucy Kellet (girlfriend's surname). All previous pet member packs have come addressed to Lucy so there was no surprise in the labelling. Expecting to find a waterbowl, collar, lead etc, upon opening, I find a coffee mug, emblazened across it... Lucy. Hmm?!?! :confused:

As I had to go to Barkley St. anyway to drop off the material for a suit I'm having made at Minh the Tailor, I put the mug back in its' box to take with me. I planned to enquire if Lucy is meant to receive it or was sent to her by mistake. Depending on the reply, I then had a secondary question.

Picking my my way through the Sudanese community, who currently have a polling booth at Whitten Oval for their fedeal referendun in Sudan, I approach Gllenys. She is a wonderful woman (she does a marvellous job, vital cog in Bulldog machine, imho) in a very busy, yet public role. I asked her if Lucy, as a pet member, is meant to get a Bulldog for Life coffee mug. Quickly raising an eyebrow and the telephone at the same time, Glenys rang the appropriate person (didn't get a name) and explained my situation in one simple question, "Who is entitled to the Bulldog for Life coffee mug?" Glenys listens and softly exclaims, "aha...ahha...ahha... What about pet membership? Ohh, okay, thanks." Focusing back onto me, Glenys explains that as Lucy's membership is paid via my Bulldog for Life account, she too, gets a mug.

Now we get to the crux of the problem that now faced me. "Glenys.." I say with solemn seriousness on my face, "Lucy isn't allowed to drink out of coffee mugs... or cups, glasses, even vases. I can't let her have it, you do realise?" With that I left and got a Pound coffee to contemplate this conumdrum.

I never imagined there would be a quaint and quirky story as part of my Bulldog for Life
membership this year, I'm already wondering what's in next year's!

:D:D:D

AndrewP6
11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Some of the reasons I become a Bulldog for Life, was the convenience of payment and special promotions for us 'Lifers' on the odd occasion. For the record, I am a Silver Concession member with pet membership for the girlfriend's beagle, Lucy, and a contribution to the 'Bulldoze the Debt' campaign (more than they asked me for ;)).

One of those promotions arrived today. A package in the pre-arranged postie stook (postie got tennis tickets this time for his Christmas bonus) greeted me when I got home from work selling the Big Issue this morning. It was addressed to Lucy Kellet (girlfriend's surname). All previous pet member packs have come addressed to Lucy so there was no surprise in the labelling. Expecting to find a waterbowl, collar, lead etc, upon opening, I find a coffee mug, emblazened across it... Lucy. Hmm?!?! :confused:

As I had to go to Barkley St. anyway to drop off the material for a suit I'm having made at Minh the Tailor, I put the mug back in its' box to take with me. I planned to enquire if Lucy is meant to receive it or was sent to her by mistake. Depending on the reply, I then had a secondary question.

Picking my my way through the Sudanese community, who currently have a polling booth at Whitten Oval for their fedeal referendun in Sudan, I approach Gllenys. She is a wonderful woman (she does a marvellous job, vital cog in Bulldog machine, imho) in a very busy, yet public role. I asked her if Lucy, as a pet member, is meant to get a Bulldog for Life coffee mug. Quickly raising an eyebrow and the telephone at the same time, Glenys rang the appropriate person (didn't get a name) and explained my situation in one simple question, "Who is entitled to the Bulldog for Life coffee mug?" Glenys listens and softly exclaims, "aha...ahha...ahha... What about pet membership? Ohh, okay, thanks." Focusing back onto me, Glenys explains that as Lucy's membership is paid via my Bulldog for Life account, she too, gets a mug.

Now we get to the crux of the problem that now faced me. "Glenys.." I say with solemn seriousness on my face, "Lucy isn't allowed to drink out of coffee mugs... or cups, glasses, even vases. I can't let her have it, you do realise?" With that I left and got a Pound coffee to contemplate this conumdrum.

I never imagined there would be a quaint and quirky story as part of my Bulldog for Life

Very well told story!:) As for your wondering about next year, I believe Lucy will get a scarf, and you'll get a lead and water bowl ;)

Desipura
12-01-2011, 12:22 PM

I like this story. You have a fine way with words DD

Sockeye Salmon
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
"Glenys.." I say with solemn seriousness on my face, "Lucy isn't allowed to drink out of coffee mugs... or cups, glasses, even vases. I can't let her have it, you do realise?" With that I left and got a Pound coffee to contemplate this conumdrum.

Do you realise how many mice Lucy could catch if she was doped up on caffeine?

Murphy'sLore
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
The spouse and I received our goody parcel this morning, nothing for the kids yet though.

LostDoggy
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Still no mechandise has arrived at the DoggyStyle residence!.:(

Sometimes I wish my name was Aaron Aartoman:)

LostDoggy
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Recieved my Membership package this morning in the mail!
Cap, stickers, lanyard, fridge magnet and Footscray end 'Thunder sticks'.
I'm holding myself back from blowing up the Thunder Sticks because I dont want Qld's weather to come down here! ;)
Called up the Membership line the other day and inquired about when I will know my Reserved Seat (because I am a new member). Got told they are starting them within the next two weeks and I should be contacted about it within the two week period. I find it disappointing how they say on the website that Reserved Seat Allocations for the Footscray End should have already started, and yet, they haven't!

LostDoggy
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Recieved my Membership package this morning in the mail!
Cap, stickers, lanyard, fridge magnet and Footscray end 'Thunder sticks'.
I'm holding myself back from blowing up the Thunder Sticks because I dont want Qld's weather to come down here! ;)
Called up the Membership line the other day and inquired about when I will know my Reserved Seat (because I am a new member). Got told they are starting them within the next two weeks and I should be contacted about it within the two week period. I find it disappointing how they say on the website that Reserved Seat Allocations for the Footscray End should have already started, and yet, they haven't!

I'm at The Footscray End too - looking forward to getting my pack. :)

Let me know where your seat is when you find out - you might be near us. And then you might want to move!! :D

Maddog37
12-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Got wife and my hats etc. Nothing for kids yet and still no mugs.

Not 100% sold on hats yet. Like the colour and material but fit is just odd imo. No big deal though.

Cheers

ledge
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Got wife and my hats etc. Nothing for kids yet and still no mugs.

Not 100% sold on hats yet. Like the colour and material but fit is just odd imo. No big deal though.

Cheers

They sent you your wife? did you leave her there after the last game?:D

KT31
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
, I approach Gllenys. She is a wonderful woman (she does a marvellous job, vital cog in Bulldog machine, imho) in a very busy, yet public role. :D:D:D

I second this.
I knew Glenys in a previous life and she did a great job then to.
I believe she has a Doggies life membership, lucky lady.

LostDoggy
13-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Still no sign of any membership things here. Got a reply email from the Club last week telling me that it took 20 working days from when they sent my info on 3rd Dec. Very late then by my calculations even taking into account all the Public Holidays, though I'm not sure they have those in Hong Kong.

LostDoggy
13-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Nothing here also........ hopefully I will get something soon! For the record, i am a Silver Bulldog for Life with social club membership.

DaDruid, love your story about the mug for Lucy - i think you should relent and let her try it out - LOL!

LostDoggy
13-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I am the only one who received the mug only? Came in its own little box

LostDoggy
13-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I am the only one who received the mug only? Came in its own little box

No, I got the mug on Monday, nothing else as yet so they're being sent separately.:)

LostDoggy
13-01-2011, 11:39 AM
No, I got the mug on Monday, nothing else as yet so they're being sent separately.:)

Cool. Thanks :)

Axe Man
13-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I also have only received the mug. Has anybody put one in the dishwasher yet? I noticed a sticker on the bottom saying hand wash only, will the dishwasher destroy it?

I'm disappointed that unlike DaDruid's Beagle Lucy my Aussie Bulldog Ejay has not received a mug of her own. She is also a pet member under my bulldog for life account. On second thoughts she prefers to drink directly from the tap and would probably just eat the mug anyway.

LostDoggy
14-01-2011, 04:02 AM
They sent you your wife? did you leave her there after the last game?:D

It takes a very patient woman to wait over 13 years (if it was the last game at Western/Whitten Oval) for her husband. All that practice as a Bulldog fan would've been great preparation for Mrs MadDog37. :D

Maddog37
14-01-2011, 10:32 AM
She had no choice. After one night with maddog37, no other man would surfice.;)

I will be more specific in my posts in future though.

KT31
14-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Recieved two mugs last week, one on Wednesday and finally the last today.

LostDoggy
14-01-2011, 12:23 PM
She had no choice. After one night with maddog37, no other man would surfice.;)

I will be more specific in my posts in future though.

Thanks, MadDog37. Things are not great at Mohawk Manor at the moment. This post has given me my first smile for the day and I really needed a little cheering up. :)

Maddog37
14-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Glad I could help in some small way.

OLD SCRAGGer
14-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Of the 4 memberships I buy, I rceived today 1 MUG & 2 Membership packages, hope others arrive Monday :mad:

LostDoggy
14-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Still no Merchandise or even a Mug my in my Kennel yet!

BulldogBelle
15-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I also have only received the mug. Has anybody put one in the dishwasher yet? I noticed a sticker on the bottom saying hand wash only, will the dishwasher destroy it?

I'm disappointed that unlike DaDruid's Beagle Lucy my Aussie Bulldog Ejay has not received a mug of her own. She is also a pet member under my bulldog for life account. On second thoughts she prefers to drink directly from the tap and would probably just eat the mug anyway.

My wife put my mug through the dishwasher :mad:

No harm done that I can see..... it was in the top bit which is designed for cups and glasses so stuff isn't likely to get damaged whereas the bottom bit for pots etc will damage things more easily.

G-Mo77
15-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Still no Merchandise or even a Mug my in my Kennel yet!

I have received one which was my wife's package. Mine has not arrived yet. :(

LostDoggy
15-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks, MadDog37. Things are not great at Mohawk Manor at the moment. This post has given me my first smile for the day and I really needed a little cheering up. :)

DaDruid - hope things are looking up for you, anything we can do to help?

LostDoggy
15-01-2011, 10:52 PM
We renewed our memberships late November and still no sign of the merchandise, although the funds have been deucted!
Would like the car stickers to be at least changed to be stuck on the inside of the glass for longer wear especially on station wagons and hatch back cars.

LostDoggy
15-01-2011, 11:00 PM
DaDruid - hope things are looking up for you, anything we can do to help?

All good now ,as good as good gets anyway. What some of you already know and some don't is that my partner has a mental illness and we've neverr hidden or denied this fact. She has recently really struggled with grasping reality and her decision-making processes both cognitive and consequential, have deteriorated to levels that has had me very worried and concerned. This has now culminated with her taking illicit drugs.

She had taken to sneaking out at all hours of the day and night and taking things that has contributed to her becoming very irrational, aggressive and narcissistic. It's hard to maintain a rational relationship with someone who has been in earlier lifes, a half dozen different gods from as many ancient mythologies that she has been at various points in time (there was none such thing as time until she created it, mind you!) when she is delusional. Not knowing whether she is thinking like Persephone, Tiamat, Arathusa or Wounded Dragon one day to the next is hard. I nearly choked on my dinner the first time I watched that tv show, United States of Tara, like our real life without the funny bits.

I've had a lot of time off work (only 2 shifts since Christmas) looking after her and trying to keep her centred and safe. We had an appointment with the psychiatrist next week as we could not get one any sooner. This was due to a few factors, namely the Christmas/New Yew break, patients are normally only seen every 4 weeks by their treating psych at best and she already did have an appointment (this is the actual outcome of many years of different Governments' use and abuse of the idealist policy/notion of 'care in the community' , it only works if the 'community' does actually care. Her psychiatrist is meant to be one of the most important in ny partner's community. I reckon, she is seen as only a UR number on a file that he is paid by beancounters to maintain to a minimum level that will prevent any legal ramifications for the Dept. I am sure there is a lot of fine people who work in the mental health industry, doing fine work in trying conditions but, for ny partner, no appearence your Worship. She spends less time with him when she sees him than I do when I in line to be served at the bank. Honest truth. Often I go do the banking while she's at the clinic and back at bank before my ticket is called.

After I had gone to sleep on Thursday night, she left the house clearly in no state to drive. Up all night with worry, I started ringing the family and friends as early as posssible, borrowing the neighbour's car for a couple of hours to drive the streets in the unlikely chance of spotting her or the car or both. Lunch had come and gone, I had no more credits left on my mobile and out of ideas. Putting 50 cents in the slot of the public phone, I rang Sunshine Police and reported her missing. Going to an empty house was highly unappealing and all the neighbours were going to ring me if she did come home anyway.I was at wits' end by now and needed to sit down and pull myself together.

I have had for many years a special place where I go when I feel upset, a place where I can have the opportunity to have a little emotional epiphany in relative privacy. The Whitten oval. When I am really sad, I go sit in the centre circle and think of the great times I had there when the Whitten was the Western. When I am very worried about life, the universe and everything in between, I go sit in the stands and have a good old fashioned bawl whilst looking out over Footscray to the city skyline. This helps me to find some sort of perspective that I was unable to locate just moments before.

Things at Whitten oval have changed a bit since last time I had sat worrying away in the stands. I could now get a coffee for the 2 cigarette that I knew I would be having up there. However, before I had even entered the foyer, I had people asking me if I was alright. This time I did not make it to the stand before tears streamed from my eye as I revealed my day so far. As told by someone later, I had a bad day etched deeply into my face. Got a latte from the Pound and went for my sit. I did already feel a lot better.

I would to now publicly acknowledge those who kindly supported me by listening to me in my time of need. Paul, you didn't have to stop and ask if I was alright but you did and I am very grateful for that fact. Ulysses and Cherie from the Pound, many thanks for your genuine concern for my partner and myself. Surely, if some ever deserved an award for understanding on the day, it goes to Glynis at reception. After coming in and calming down from sooking outside, she patiently listened as I incessently and nervously nattered away about nothing in particular. She probably had a stack of things to do and being distracted by me, I don't think, was meant to be one. You are a deadset darling, Glynis.

It was 5pm by now and I had to get home and walk/feed the beagle and try and think about eating something myself as I had had very little up now. Two block from home, the mobile rings. Williamstown Police calling to say my partner was in a single vehicle accident in Queen St Altona (at the kink behind the Karingal Golf Course)in the early hours of Friday morning. She lost control leaving the road and hitting a tree. She was taken by ambulance to the Alfred Hospital. She had stated she had no next-of-kin so nobody was contacted at the time. The police informed me that she had already openly admitted that she had taken drugs prior to driving and so as soon as her blood tests comes back as positive, she will be charged. If this is so, we won't be able to claim a cent on our car insurance due to the nature of the accident. Shanks pony doesn't bother me but it certainly will my partner.

Getting home, I rang the Alfred Hospital on the home phone and was so glad to hear her voice. It did not matter that she was ranting on about something I couldn't honestly understand. I told her how many people love her and have had her in their thoughts all night and day. I got her to list some things she would need such as fresh underwear, toiletries and the like. I went and visited her this morning and gave her the biggest hug her bruised ribs would allow. I told her everthing will be okay. I told her she will be home soon. I told her I love her with all my heart.

AndrewP6
15-01-2011, 11:07 PM
DaDruid, so sorry to hear of all your recent worries. Hope everything works itself out (as much as possible) before too long :)

LostDoggy
15-01-2011, 11:26 PM
DaDruid, so sorry to hear of all your recent worries. Hope everything works itself out (as much as possible) before too long :)

Cheers, mate. Appreciated.

chef
16-01-2011, 07:41 AM
My heart goes out to you Adam. I've had some dealings with mental illness(I watched best friend and flat mate become schizophrenic) and understand what your going through.

LostDoggy
16-01-2011, 10:14 AM
All the best Adam! All the very very best!

ledge
16-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Be strong for her, glad to hear she wasnt seriously injured, hospital is probably the best place for her at the moment even if she went in the wrong way, good luck , be positive and think of things that make her and you happy.

LostDoggy
16-01-2011, 09:23 PM
DaDruid, thanks for opening your heart to us and telling your story. I have had some experience with mental illness, and it can be a very roller coaster ride not really knowing how or who even will face you. You are obviously incredibly supportive and loving and I hope things settle down in the manor soon. Stay strong and positive.

Max469
16-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Adam my heart goes out to you at this trying time.

Mental illness is a terrible thing to go through and watch someone struggle with.

Your partner is very lucky to have someones as special as you in her life.

Remember your Woof family is here for you.

Take care of yourself too.

_ Max_

LostDoggy
16-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Again, thank you all for you words of kindness and support. :):):)
To update, Samantha has been to moved out of the general ward and into the psychiatric wing now. She is in HD (high dependency) where she is under direct observation at all times. Her nurse says she has been very agitated and verbally aggressive since arriving there. She always is for the first few days and I reckon I know why. It's mostly because being in HD, you cannot go out for a cigarette. Her nicotine cravings are greater than the patches the hospital provides and everyone gets to hear about it!

So, my WOOF family, things will be fairly quiet for a while until she is transferred to Werribee Hospital's pych unit. As the nurse said today, "The never have a bed so it might be a while. You gotta love the state of the health system. Often hospitals do exchanges of patients like they used to do with spies at Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, but in reverse. They won't take a patient until the sending hospital accepts one of theirs. Simultaneously, the patients are are loaded into ambulances and transferred often crossing paths like ships in the night on the roads of Melbourne. Who's more insane here,, the system or the patient?

Anyway, thing are improving and I hopefully will have Samantha home and healthy soon. Now back to the cricket for the last over....

See, told you things were getting better, Go Watto, you legend, you!!

LostDoggy
17-01-2011, 11:06 AM
G'Day DaDruid,

I read your post yesterday and wanted to respond but really didn't know what to say so I choose to say nothing. I am sure many others may have felt the same way.

I have never experienced the issues and concerns that you have described in your post and felt that I really couldn't offer anything of value.

Throughout the day my thoughts did however revert back to your post on numerous occasions, so my thoughts were truly with you.

Unlike yourself, The vast majority of people on internet forums are simply faceless entities, whose character is made up of the sum total of their posts.

Thank you for sharing your story and trust this processes of sharing and documenting it for all to see also assists you to keep on keeping on.

Take care and best wishes, and I look forward to introducing myself to you shortly whenever I see you next on the corner of Bourke street and Docklands drive.

LostDoggy
17-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Best wishes for you and Samantha and big hugs to you DaDruid. :)

Murphy'sLore
17-01-2011, 07:16 PM
DaDruid, my heart goes out to you and Samantha. Just remember that we are thinking of you and holding you in our hearts (even those of us who don't really know you except as a funny, witty, optimistic presence here and elsewhere).

Take care of yourself and stay strong.

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Sorry to hear the recent happenings Adam but glad you could share it on here with the Woof Community, plenty of people on here and at the club will be there for support if you need it..hope your partner comes home safe and soon as humanly possible, take it easy.

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Well, I got my members scarf yesterday? Now I'm not even sure what I am supposed to receive as a Bulldog for Life, Social Club, Silver seat member???? Very confused :confused:

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Finally received my merchandise, well 3 of the 4 packs anyway. Still waiting for the trouble and strifes package. Also no coffee mug for me?. Maybe I am not a bulldogs for life, even though I am on a rolling pay by the month Social Club package??. No idea:confused:

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Adam. I have been out of action for a couple of weeks, hence nothing coming from my end. I twisted my back and have been a sick and sorry "girl".
I read your note today and I just want to send to you my best wishes and to Samantha also. Please know that there are a number of great people out there who really care and love you. Stay strong. Perhaps you may attend on Friday at training and meet our new captain. You will not be sorry!! He will be fantastic.

ledge
19-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Hope your getting better Susie, back problems are not to be taken lightly.
Was it tryng to take a big grab over Roughie ad crashing to the ground?

Mofra
19-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I have had for many years a special place where I go when I feel upset, a place where I can have the opportunity to have a little emotional epiphany in relative privacy. The Whitten oval. When I am really sad, I go sit in the centre circle and think of the great times I had there when the Whitten was the Western. When I am very worried about life, the universe and everything in between, I go sit in the stands and have a good old fashioned bawl whilst looking out over Footscray to the city skyline. This helps me to find some sort of perspective that I was unable to locate just moments before.
And people still think football is just a game :rolleyes:

In many respects it is about being a part of a community, an unspoken bond between those who recognise that sometimes you can be surrounded by a bunch of strangers, part of a common bond formed by allegiances and people will act upon those allegiances and help anyone else who is part of the group who may be in need.

Thank you for posting Adam and I hope things have bottomed-out for you and are on the improve.

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Adam. I have been out of action for a couple of weeks, hence nothing coming from my end. I twisted my back and have been a sick and sorry "girl".
I read your note today and I just want to send to you my best wishes and to Samantha also. Please know that there are a number of great people out there who really care and love you. Stay strong. Perhaps you may attend on Friday at training and meet our new captain. You will not be sorry!! He will be fantastic.

Thanks susie, the knowledge that my family at the Bulldogs have and are there for me no matter what, has given me the strength needed to get through this very difficult situation. Again, thank you susie. :)

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 04:47 PM
And people still think football is just a game :rolleyes:

In many respects it is about being a part of a community, an unspoken bond between those who recognise that sometimes you can be surrounded by a bunch of strangers, part of a common bond formed by allegiances and people will act upon those allegiances and help anyone else who is part of the group who may be in need.

Thank you for posting Adam and I hope things have bottomed-out for you and are on the improve.

I do bounce well, I've noticed! ;):)

OLD SCRAGGer
19-01-2011, 04:52 PM
3 packs arrived, still 2 to come :mad:

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 06:22 PM
been misssing you in town dude!! no messages and havent seen ya!

and was the car a little purple one?

hope to see ya soon, take care matey, and keep those lovely teeth smiling :D

AndrewP6
19-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Who is it? :D

Kidding!!!! I'll wait :)

Prince Imperial
19-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Got my pack today and was delighted that the cap was big enough to amply fit my large noggin. So many were too tight in the past, so thanks to the admin for looking after me this time.

AndrewP6
19-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Got my pack today and was delighted that the cap was big enough to amply fit my large noggin. So many were too tight in the past, so thanks to the admin for looking after me this time.
I'm glad to hear that, I've had similar issues with the last couple of hats!

Still haven't got my pack...

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm glad to hear that, I've had similar issues with the last couple of hats!

Still haven't got my pack...

Same here..or membership. I think I got them both prettty close to the NAB cup last year.

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 09:25 PM
been misssing you in town dude!! no messages and havent seen ya!

and was the car a little purple one?

hope to see ya soon, take care matey, and keep those lovely teeth smiling :D

Ta woofgirl, gf been keeping me busy and havent been able to do many shifts. Yes purple hyundai 4 door 95 model. Was side of road outside Karingal golf Course on Queen St for about 5 days, did you see it? Hope to put a soloid week in next week, catch up then.

Say hi to Jurgan for me if he 's still hanging around. lol

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 09:39 PM

I'll be there with an eye on proceedings. I've been lucky to have already met the future captain. It's just that both he and I didn't know he would be captain until this Friday!! :):)

I have individually spoken to entire playing list in the last few weeks so I know I have spoken to the new captain at some stage recently!!! ;):cool:

Amazing how logic can be twisted on its head like that. :D:D

AndrewP6
19-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I'll be there with an eye on proceedings. I've been lucky to have already met the future captain. It's just that both he and I didn't know he would be captain until this Friday!! :):)

I have individually spoken to entire playing list in the last few weeks so I know I have spoken to the new captain at some stage recently!!! ;):cool:

Amazing how logic can be twisted on its head like that. :D:D

haha... I've had my pic taken with the captain too!

LostDoggy
19-01-2011, 10:30 PM
I am now officially jealous of Lucy the beagle and her Bulldog for Life mug. She has the only piece of 2011 membership merchandise thusfar. :mad: (just a little)

OLD SCRAGGer
20-01-2011, 04:19 PM
1 more membership package arrived..1 to go + 4 mugs not yet here

LostDoggy
20-01-2011, 05:34 PM
1 more membership package arrived..1 to go + 4 mugs not yet here

My pack arrived, not getting the mug (although im questioning why I shouldn't become B4L) now I await membership

Daughter of the West
20-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I've got my pack too, but no sign of my dog Cleo's pet membership merch as yet.

I'm disappointed that again this year there won't be a pet blanket, she's loved her first one to death (from a few years ago) and could really use another one!

jazzadogs
20-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Adam, very sad to read that post. Truly hope things are on the improve though, I'm sure you'll be surprised by the support you get (though probably not from the health system!).

As for merchandise, got three packs out of 7, and no mugs. Not overly fussed though, don't need any of it just yet...

LostDoggy
20-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I've got my pack too, but no sign of my dog Cleo's pet membership merch as yet.

I'm disappointed that again this year there won't be a pet blanket, she's loved her first one to death (from a few years ago) and could really use another one!

Same here, gotta say.

LostDoggy
20-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Had been away for a week and my membership merchandise was waiting when I got home yesterday, though no membership card as yet!!
Keep smiling Adam (Da Druid)

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Daughters pack arrived Tues. No mugs yet. Still waiting on Son's & my packs to arrive.
Have membership tickets but they are wrong.
Am starting to wonder if I'll get into 1st few games

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Would you believe it my membership card arrived today, so now I think I have all that is coming. Card was all correct too. Well done Doggies!!

LostDoggy
22-01-2011, 02:33 AM
I got my card back in October. THen the mug about a week ago. and that is all atm

Scraggers
22-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Adam ... Wow !! Thank you so much for posting.
So many people see the outside of mental illness and never get to really understand how it affects families.

I hope you and Samantha see better days soon.

KT31
25-01-2011, 05:27 PM
The last three consecutive mornings the postman has delivered the remainder of our merchandise.
What a long and drawn out process.
Surely there must be a better and cheaper way.

OLD SCRAGGer
25-01-2011, 05:38 PM
The last three consecutive mornings the postman has delivered the remainder of our merchandise.
What a long and drawn out process.
Surely there must be a better and cheaper way.

Was talking about this with someone from Membership Dept on Saturday at East/West Family day, and he said it is CHEAPER for the goods to come in individual packs than for ALL of them in 1 package. :confused: :confused:

bornadog
25-01-2011, 05:48 PM
so far received each pack(3) one by one. Same delivery man.

OLD SCRAGGer
25-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Have received EVERYTHING (5 packs) just waiting for 1 mug & wouldn't ya know it, it's my cup that is yet to arrive :mad:

AndrewP6
25-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Got my stuff yesterday...interesting, the acccompanying letter tells me my "Kennel Club" membership includes etc...interesting as I don't have a dog, and as far as I know, not that membership. It then goes on to say my pack should include a "Junior Paw Print", "Junior Cap", "Junior Boot Bag"...what the ??? No wonder people complain about confusing information.

Very happy the cap fits (so I shall wear it!:) )... hoping the stickers have a longer life than the 2010 version...I kind of liked the pen we got last year, would probably prefer that to the badge.

What's the deal with the mugs? I thought you had to specifically order them, but some have indicated they are for Bulldog For Life members? Having received a zillion Bulldog mugs from students, I don't really need one more, but hey, I'll take it if I'm due to receive one.

EDIT: Doh. My bad, the memberships are referred to as "Kennel Club" apparently. Still unsure about the Junior stuff.

Hotdog60
25-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I've everything except the mug, I brought the numbered and name cup ages ago. Signed up as a member for life and I haven't recieved that mug.

LostDoggy
25-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Got my stuff yesterday...interesting, the acccompanying letter tells me my "Kennel Club" membership includes etc...interesting as I don't have a dog, and as far as I know, not that membership. It then goes on to say my pack should include a "Junior Paw Print", "Junior Cap", "Junior Boot Bag"...what the ??? No wonder people complain about confusing information.

Very happy the cap fits (so I shall wear it!:) )... hoping the stickers have a longer life than the 2010 version...I kind of liked the pen we got last year, would probably prefer that to the badge.

What's the deal with the mugs? I thought you had to specifically order them, but some have indicated they are for Bulldog For Life members? Having received a zillion Bulldog mugs from students, I don't really need one more, but hey, I'll take it if I'm due to receive one.

EDIT: Doh. My bad, the memberships are referred to as "Kennel Club" apparently. Still unsure about the Junior stuff.

Similar situation in many ways as to mine. :confused::confused::confused:

- Lucy the Beagle has her "Bulldog for Life" mug yet I do not.
- Letter within pack says I have received my 2011 Kennel Club Membership Pack yet I have not. I have Silver Concession with Social Club and Pet Membership.
- I now have my Social Club scarf, keychain, lapel pin, stickers and fridge magnet

I still have some trepidation about Rd1 in 2010 because although many of us had our membership cards, none of them worked. Peopole had to stand in ridiculasly long lines to have their cards activated. Many missed the opening bounce.

It turned out alright in the end as I managed to talk a senior security guard at Etihad into letting about 30 members who were mostly older, infirm or had kids with them in through one of the smaller entrances. He saw the sense in my arguments that it was a Bulldog home game, everyone had Level 1 or 2 season memberships and simple fact that the lines that day were no place for the people in group I had advocated for. He then said I could enter as well. Got in well before opening siren. Karma in action for me rhat day. Shame about scoreboard at end of day though.

LostDoggy
26-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Umm, still nothing but my scarf.............not happy Jan!!!:mad:

G-Mo77
26-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Got the mug on Monday. Not sure if I get anything else I have Scarf, Stickers, Magnet, the thing to hold my card (Name escapes me), key ring and the mug.

Is there anything else?

I can't remember if I ordered a membership polo. If anyone has have they received that yet?

AndrewP6
26-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Got the mug on Monday. Not sure if I get anything else I have Scarf, Stickers, Magnet, the thing to hold my card (Name escapes me), key ring and the mug.

Is there anything else?

I can't remember if I ordered a membership polo. If anyone has have they received that yet?

It's a lanyard. :)

G-Mo77
26-01-2011, 08:36 PM
It's a lanyard. :)

That's the one. :o

ledge
26-01-2011, 09:25 PM
do we get keyring and pen this year cos i didnt get it in pack

G-Mo77
26-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I got a Social Club key ring.

ledge
26-01-2011, 09:48 PM
oh ok I got a keyring and pen for joining early last year looks like its zilch this year

AndrewP6
26-01-2011, 10:02 PM
do we get keyring and pen this year cos i didnt get it in pack

Not the pen, but the keyring is part of the pack.

Maddog37
26-01-2011, 11:31 PM
We have everything but the mugs. No big deal.

What did the members polo cost again?

G-Mo77
27-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I must have ordered the polo because it arrived today.

I think that's all I am getting although I would welcome more gear. :)

LostDoggy
27-01-2011, 10:52 AM
We have everything but the mugs. No big deal.

What did the members polo cost again?

I have only received the mug. Nothing else as yet. :)

Axe Man
27-01-2011, 12:03 PM

My letter said the same thing and I don't have any kids or junior memberships either.

Curly5
27-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I've got everything except the mug - hope it arrives soon.

Would have preferred a pen and a calendar, instead of cap and scarf.

Does anyone know what's in the Pet Membership parcel this year? This could have huge ramifications as I decide whether or not to renew my cat's membership. Last year she received a dog leash, a "travel" (what the) soft vinyl water bowl and a colouring book. The previous 2 years I - I mean, she :o - got gorgeous polar fleece blankets that are perfect for using as a wrap or knee rug while SHE ;) is watching the footy.

We're a whingeing lot aren't we. :)

LostDoggy
27-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I've got everything except the mug - hope it arrives soon.

Would have preferred a pen and a calendar, instead of cap and scarf.

Does anyone know what's in the Pet Membership parcel this year? This could have huge ramifications as I decide whether or not to renew my cat's membership. Last year she received a dog leash, a "travel" (what the) soft vinyl water bowl and a colouring book. The previous 2 years I - I mean, she :o - got gorgeous polar fleece blankets that are perfect for using as a wrap or knee rug while SHE ;) is watching the footy.

We're a whingeing lot aren't we. :)

Not at all Curly 5, our pets deserve nice things too!! :)

I didn't think much of last years pet membership merchandise either. Unlike your cat, at least my dog could use the lead. Pity it was blue & white and looked more like North Melbourne than the Bulldogs. He didn't like it, so we didn't use it. ;)

I'm not renewing the pet membership this year, have opted to help Bulldoze the Debt instead.

Curly5
27-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Not at all Curly 5, our pets deserve nice things too!! :)

I didn't think much of last years pet membership merchandise either. Unlike your cat, at least my dog could use the lead. Pity it was blue & white and looked more like North Melbourne than the Bulldogs. He didn't like it, so we didn't use it. ;)

I'm not renewing the pet membership this year, have opted to help Bulldoze the Debt instead.

Same here, Suz 32, and what's more I'm not renewing the membership I took out years ago, to help the club, for the Cats fan who lives in my house and now has 2 flags and a smug look on his face. :mad:

AndrewP6
27-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Got my mug today, and I must admit, I like it!Perhaps the pic is a bit "fuzzy", but I like the overall design. Although, I think it should say something along the lines of "Andrew is behind us"... saying "Get Behind Us" when I already am seems a bit silly. I reckon it looks alright though. That's it for me, I think I've got everything. BRING ON THE FOOTY!

Curly5
27-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Got my mug today, and I must admit, I like it!Perhaps the pic is a bit "fuzzy", but I like the overall design. Although, I think it should say something along the lines of "Andrew is behind us"... saying "Get Behind Us" when I already am seems a bit silly. I reckon it looks alright though. That's it for me, I think I've got everything. BRING ON THE FOOTY!

A big DITTO to everything you've said here. I was composing a post in my head and here you are saying everything I wanted to say. (Except my name isn't Andrew ;) )

AndrewP6
28-01-2011, 02:10 AM
A big DITTO to everything you've said here. I was composing a post in my head and here you are saying everything I wanted to say. (Except my name isn't Andrew ;) )

To the tune of a Meatloaf song "I took the words right out of your mouth"...:)

LostDoggy
28-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, finally got all my goodies yesterday. Mug (not bad, but agree with you Andrew - it should say that we are already behind the club!). Somehow I have managed to get 2 scarves ?? Go figure. But now I am armed and ready ...... bring it on!;)

Remi Moses
28-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Certainly a far cry from a fridge magnet fixture and key ring we once got!
Have the mug the scarf,.hat and polo top(didn't order,but much appreciated) Kudos to the club for looking after it's members.

LostDoggy
28-01-2011, 09:59 PM
ssh !, if you didn't order the polo, it is a mistake as you had to purchase.

LostDoggy
28-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Got all my stuff yesterday. Only thing that I not a huge fan of was the lanyard, which clicks onto the membership card. I like keeping it in the plastic slip I got from the 2009 membership pack.

But I figured out what to use that lapel pin I get every year and never use. I snapped the new lanyard onto the card, put it in the plastic sleep, then put the lapel pin through the plastic sleep to make sure the card won't slip out as I'm walking :D win win

LostDoggy
29-01-2011, 10:46 AM
My pack arrived yesterday too. Really like the cap this year. I think it's the best one since 2005. :)

The Underdog
29-01-2011, 01:22 PM
For anyone who ordered the polo, did it come with the rest of your pack? I got my pack but not the polo I ordered. Just wondering if I shold hassle the club or wait a little longer. Of course I did put the polo on monthly payment. Maybe I get it in November when it's paid off :p

Murphy'sLore
29-01-2011, 01:43 PM
But I figured out what to use that lapel pin I get every year and never use.

I attach mine to the strap of my handbag. I realise this is not a very useful suggestion for most of the blokes here, unless you're man-bag carriers. ;)

jazzadogs
29-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I attach mine to the strap of my handbag. I realise this is not a very useful suggestion for most of the blokes here, unless you're man-bag carriers. ;)
I carry a satchel. Indiana Jones has one.

w3design
29-01-2011, 09:50 PM
i have received no merchandise at all whats going on dogs

LostDoggy
29-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Got my stuff yesterday, but still haven't received the mug yet.

Anyone else get the wrong paper work with their membership stuff?

AndrewP6
29-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Got my stuff yesterday, but still haven't received the mug yet.

Anyone else get the wrong paper work with their membership stuff?
Yep, see below:

LostDoggy
30-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks Andrew, my parents received the same thing.

I spoke to a lady from the membership department 2 weeks ago, she said they were having trouble with everything.

cinder
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I have everything but the mug.

Torocani
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I received my merch pack last week, the card last year but still no Mug.

I received the pet membership today. I very dodgy bent plastic frisbee which will never fly and my dog will have no interest in, a little doggie bag dispenser for cleaning up on walkies which clips onto your lead, kinda handy but not sure what happens with the small roll of bags runs out. And a little sign with suction cup saying 'Pet on Board' for the car window.

I agree with others that they should definitely bring back the polar fleece blanket, and probably rename it a 'dog' membership since they only ever put in dog related stuff hehe, feel sorry for those cat owners out there. :o

dadsgirl16
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I have the mug and nothing else

LostDoggy
01-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Had everything waiting for me after work today! finally!!

Chucked the sticker on my car with air bubbles galore,

Now bring on the Footy!

LostDoggy
01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Still waiting for the remainder of our mechandise from the doggies, only received half of the toddlers pack which we are colouring in to pass the time until the rest comes......................................

Spoke to the bulldogs and long delays are hampering supply. You would hope the dogs will change suppliers next year to avoid the dribs and drabs coming to everyone on the forum, maybe an AUSTRALIAN supplier would be better eh bulldogs?

LostDoggy
01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Very disappointed in most of the pet membership pack as too many things are blue and white. This is the Western Bulldogs, Our colours are red white and blue, Lucy the beagle is Bulldog Pet Member, not the Kangaroos. Seems someone either cut corners and only paid for 2 colours in production costs instead of 3 or they do not even know what the club colours are. Shame on you, whoever approved this. Not happy, more so than Jan's boss was.

Bring back the Blankets, Bring ém back now,

:confused::(:eek::mad:

AndrewP6
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Still waiting for the remainder of our mechandise from the doggies, only received half of the toddlers pack which we are colouring in to pass the time until the rest comes......................................

Spoke to the bulldogs and long delays are hampering supply. You would hope the dogs will change suppliers next year to avoid the dribs and drabs coming to everyone on the forum, maybe an AUSTRALIAN supplier would be better eh bulldogs?

Maybe from somewhere like, oh I don't know - Footscray? ;)

cammo78
03-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I have everything but the mug.

I have everything but the mug also.

OLD SCRAGGer
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM

DITTO ! :mad: :mad:

LongWait
04-02-2011, 10:39 PM

No mugs here either...

comrade
04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
No mugs here either...

LW, there's only room for one Kenny Powers avatar on WOOF. Now, I'll let you have a Stevie Janowski one, or even an Ashley Shaeffer.

WOOOOO

Hotdog60
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
No mugs here either...

Same here.

The Underdog
05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
LW, there's only room for one Kenny Powers avatar on WOOF. Now, I'll let you have a Stevie Janowski one, or even an Ashley Shaeffer.

WOOOOO

Don't you mean Kenny ****ing Powers?

azabob
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
No mugs here either...

Same here.

There are plenty of mugs on this site... ;)

The mug is for bulldog for life members only, regardless if your a member or not.

Hotdog60
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM
There are plenty of mugs on this site... ;)

The mug is for bulldog for life members only, regardless if your a member or not.

Yes I'm a long time mug for the Doggies and I wouldn't have it any other way.:D

I signed up as a Bulldog for life before Christmas when I renewed my membership.

Maddog37
05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Still no mugs here. I am a bull dust artist, sorry, bulldog for life too.

LostDoggy
06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Just a quick question. I'm closing my credit card that my Bulldogs for Life Membership is debited from. If I go to my Bulldogs account on Ticketmaster and pay off the total amount due, will that stuff me around at all. Has anyone done this before?

The Coon Dog
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Just a quick question. I'm closing my credit card that my Bulldogs for Life Membership is debited from. If I go to my Bulldogs account on Ticketmaster and pay off the total amount due, will that stuff me around at all. Has anyone done this before?

Might pay to ring the membership dept first, perhaps while you're on the phone, pay it off then.

You'll also need to put into place arrangements for subsequent years if you still wish to remain a Bulldog for Life.

LostDoggy
06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Might pay to ring the membership dept first, perhaps while you're on the phone, pay it off then.

You'll also need to put into place arrangements for subsequent years if you still wish to remain a Bulldog for Life.

Ahh yes. never thought of having to change with the club. thanks for the tip

comrade
06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Don't you mean Kenny ****ing Powers?

You're ****ing out! :D

Great show.

cinder
07-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Got my mug today! That means I've got everything. Woohoo!

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 07:35 PM
The mohawked mug has his personalised recepticle for the ingestion of caffeinated water. His expected allotment of merchandise is now complete. :cool:

cinder
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
The mohawked mug has his personalised recepticle for the ingestion of caffeinated water. His expected allotment of merchandise is now complete. :cool:

Very eloquent Adam!

LostDoggy
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Very eloquent Adam!

I think the new teeth must have some thesaurus in the their family tree somewhere. They certainly are not sufferng from syntactical aphasia.

OLD SCRAGGer
08-02-2011, 04:34 PM
FINALLY!! My mug has arrived..now have EVERYTHING :D

BulldogBelle
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey all. Apologies for reviving an old thread, I wasn't sure if this was thread-worthy!

While Rocket has promised us no more fade outs this year, I am experiencing a fade-out of a different nature. My 2011 Sticker is fading! My tough-mans red has reduced to a less intimidating pink. Has anyone else had this? I have no garage admittedly so it does cop a full UV blast.

It reminds me of the great fade-out of 09, where we were all issued with replacement stickers.

Not really a big deal, just thought I'd raise it up. Cheers

The Coon Dog
08-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey all. Apologies for reviving an old thread, I wasn't sure if this was thread-worthy!

While Rocket has promised us no more fade outs this year, I am experiencing a fade-out of a different nature. My 2011 Sticker is fading! My tough-mans red has reduced to a less intimidating pink. Has anyone else had this? I have no garage admittedly so it does cop a full UV blast.

It reminds me of the great fade-out of 09, where we were all issued with replacement stickers.

Happens every year, doesn't it?

Murphy'sLore
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, ours is starting to fade too. Isn't red dye supposed to be the most vulnerable to fading of any colour? I did wonder if that was why they went with a predominantly dark sticker last year.

Grantysghost
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Maybe all of the finest red pigment and color in the PRC is reserved for the banners and flags of the state? They dont recognise the bulldogs dynasty as worthy, we get democratic magenta...

LostDoggy
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
They're not using lightfast ink (according to my husband who's in the printing trade) :(

LostDoggy
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
my sticker has faded

LostDoggy
08-04-2011, 05:17 PM
FINALLY!! My mug has arrived..now have EVERYTHING :D

Boo!

Still haven't got mine :(

bornadog
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Some good bargains at the ground toimorrow:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/111147/default.aspx

aker39
12-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I was just going through all of the merchandise packs I received from the club this year. Because of some confusions with our seats, when the new membership cards came out, we also got new packs.

So if anyone knows of anyone that would appreciate kids bags, caps (both kids and adults) and scarfs, let me know and I'll get them to you some how. I have quite a few.

KT31
15-04-2011, 12:35 AM
I was just going through all of the merchandise packs I received from the club this year. Because of some confusions with our seats, when the new membership cards came out, we also got new packs.

So if anyone knows of anyone that would appreciate kids bags, caps (both kids and adults) and scarfs, let me know and I'll get them to you some how. I have quite a few.

I gave all my old and new scarves to mates kids.
We now have five new members and three Dads peeved with me because their kids don't follow their teams. and follow the Dogs.:)

BulldogBelle
15-04-2011, 12:38 AM
I gave all my old and new scarves to mates kids.
We now have five new members and three Dads peeved with me because their kids don't follow their teams. and follow the Dogs.:)

Otstanding effort :p

Danny the snakeman
15-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Aker i'll grab a kids bag if you dont mind posting to perth.