PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs V Dons, Round 1 Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

NoseBleed
04-03-2011, 03:14 AM
To Essendon members.

chef
04-03-2011, 07:31 AM
When to the general public?

LostDoggy
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
All ticketed event?

Desipura
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Got my tickets for all the big drawing games last week, all sitting on level 1 on the wing.

LostDoggy
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Tickets for club members went on sale on the first of the month.

Pickenitup
04-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Got my tickets on Tuesday at Ticketmaster Level 2 Aisle 27 rapt great seats

Flamethrower
05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Level 1 right near Bulldogs' bench.

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Is any of level 3 GA? If we get there early enough will we be right to get seats or everywhere reserved?

jazzadogs
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Is any of level 3 GA? If we get there early enough will we be right to get seats or everywhere reserved?
I'd say that because it's an Essendon home game, it's all ticketed. But I haven't checked that, just what I feel like I remember from past years.

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd say that because it's an Essendon home game, it's all ticketed. But I haven't checked that, just what I feel like I remember from past years.

Yeah im pretty sure its fully ticketed too, buying tickets beforehand is prob a good idea, all those Essendon bandwagoners will be going

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
The Essendon game home or away is our only pre determined to be always fully ticketed.
If you have and 18 game membership you can buy level 3 for the booking fee only, they go on sale on the Friday 2 weeks beforen the game, the other levels are already on sale.

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
The Essendon game home or away is our only pre determined to be always fully ticketed.
If you have and 18 game membership you can buy level 3 for the booking fee only, they go on sale on the Friday 2 weeks beforen the game, the other levels are already on sale.

Cheers for the extra info! :)

LostDoggy
06-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Finally got all my mates member barcodes organized and TM saying no Level 1 tickets. Only giving me Level 2 Row S. (Which I dont want) Away games I like level 1, as I have level 2 reserved seat for home games.

I bet there will be more level 1 tomorrow morning.

G-Mo77
07-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I am. But I'm trying to get 4. I'm not to concerned as I'm suppose to be going with 3 other Essendon supporters and if I can't get them for this one I'll drag them to our home game later in the year.

I'll try again in the morning though. Can't wait to smash these clowns!

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 12:07 AM
See TM hasnt changed this year. It is almost impossible to be sold out already. Cant get a ticket for any level

aker39
08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't think Level 3 has not gone on sale yet.

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't think Level 3 has not gone on sale yet.
They just pick and choose what they want to go on sale and when. TO maximise profits for themselves

Chicago1
08-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm having problems again this year with this first round match. Just like last year I'm planning on getting my membership after I arrive on March 22, so I don't have a member's bar code to use yet. (I forgot about what happened last year with ticketing against Collingwood, otherwise I would have forgotten about tradition and renewed my membership online.) General Public tickets for Level 1 and 2 go on sale at 4pm this afternoon(my time) but I have an appointment at 3.45pm so won't be able to log on until after I get back. I'll try then and hope they'll be a Level 1 ticket left. If not, then it appears that Level 3 tickets go on sale Friday from what the AFL site says. Am I correct in assuming that? Last year I was able to get a Level 3 ticket online and sat in the same row as friends just by chance. I'm also not exactly sure what "fully ticketed" means. I presume it means that you have to have a confirmed seat prior to the match, even Level 3, and no walk ups are allowed? I have not seen us play Essendon since Round 13, 1999. We lost that day. I've been waiting for revenge for 12 years!

I miss the days of just showing up for an away match and just walking in. Thirty five years ago in Round 1 I went to the Western Oval to see us play Essendon, my first match ever, and paid $2 to get in. It was the best $2 I ever spent. The next year I became a member.

I hope to meet up with some of you at the match. Unfortunately I may have to cancel my trip depending on family circumstances. I won't know until a few days before, but as of now I'll be arriving at Tullamarine 11 years to the day I left Australia to return to live here in the states.

This trip was originally planned for last September to see us play in the Grand Final. *sigh*:(

aker39
08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm also not exactly sure what "fully ticketed" means. I presume it means that you have to have a confirmed seat prior to the match, even Level 3, and no walk ups are allowed?

I miss the days of just showing up for an away match and just walking in. Thirty five years ago in Round 1 I went to the Western Oval to see us play Essendon, my first match ever, and paid $2 to get in. It was the best $2 I ever spent. The next year I became a member.

(

I hope everything works out and you can make your trip.

A fully ticketed game is exactly that. Although, provided there are tickets left, you can rock up on the day and be allocated a seat at the ticket window.

This is an away game, so if you only have an 11 game membership, you won't need your membership ticket, as there is no benefit for you. If you are a 17 game member, you really are a star.

Chicago1
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
My appointment was canceled so I tried to book a ticket at 4pm but I keep getting a message that there are no seats. I even tried a fellow Bulldogs barcode but nothing! Maybe everything on Level 1 and 2 is sold out? I'll keep trying...

Chicago1
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
After an hour and 20 minutes, still nothing. I guess I'll try again on Friday when Level 3 tickets go on sale. I just hope I can get something verified before I fly out. I'll never complain about getting Chicago Cubs tickets again! :p

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
That always happens Chicago. One day there will be no tickets, the next you will get row a seats.

Chicago1
08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
LOL I decided to see how easy it would be to get a seat for the Round 2 match against Brisbane. A Level 1 Row B seat came up! Oh to play non-Big4 teams all of the time...:p

Chicago1
08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Persistence pays off! After trying for almost five hours I was able to get a Level 1 seat Row A in the forward pocket. I guess I have to fly out now, don't I? :D

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 11:14 PM
After trying since last Sunday to get any seat to this match and being told none left, I finally got one just a while ago on Level 1 Aisle 20 (which doesn't really appear in L1 on the plan - bit of a worry) Row L so hope it will be alright.

aker39
08-03-2011, 11:19 PM
After trying since last Sunday to get any seat to this match and being told none left, I finally got one just a while ago on Level 1 Aisle 20 (which doesn't really appear in L1 on the plan - bit of a worry) Row L so hope it will be alright.

Right next to the bulldog race.

firstdogonthemoon
08-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Can anyone tell me when lvl 3 seats go on sale for dogs members?

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Can anyone tell me when lvl 3 seats go on sale for dogs members?
I was told 2 weeks before the game on the Friday, so that would make it this Friday 11th March at 9am.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 12:11 AM

Yeh i was getting those to. but row L doesn't tickle my fancy. hopeully my patience will prevail me some closer row seats, if not....bad luck for me hehe

The Adelaide Connection
09-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know what row the overhang starts when sitting on Level 1 (ie where Level 2 is over your head)?

Sat in a row that was well under level 2 for the first round last year and didn't really like it, the sounds of the game and crowd are kinda muffled. It's a bit weird.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Does anyone know what row the overhang starts when sitting on Level 1 (ie where Level 2 is over your head)?

Sat in a row that was well under level 2 for the first round last year and didn't really like it, the sounds of the game and crowd are kinda muffled. It's a bit weird.

Only a guess, but I'd say around Row M-N....possibly :S

Chicago1
09-03-2011, 02:17 AM

My seat is in Aisle 19 Row A. When it came up I grabbed it. I just want to know why there was nothing available at 9am, but there was five hours later. I tried constantly until about 10.30 and then every five minutes until I finally got my ticket five hours after the seats were supposed to go on sale. The ticket cost me about the same as I'd pay for a Chicago Cubs premium game in the cheap seats. I'll probably end up going to more Bulldogs matches this year(3) than Cubs games.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 02:27 AM
My seat is in Aisle 19 Row A. When it came up I grabbed it. I just want to know why there was nothing available at 9am, but there was five hours later. I tried constantly until about 10.30 and then every five minutes until I finally got my ticket five hours after the seats were supposed to go on sale. The ticket cost me about the same as I'd pay for a Chicago Cubs premium game in the cheap seats. I'll probably end up going to more Bulldogs matches this year(3) than Cubs games.

Yep. That's the way TM is. Hands out the worst seats first and gradually gets better.

Just picked up Row 20, Row A !!!

My patients paid off. Love my level 2 reserved seat, but Row A is just as awesome, espeically for Round 1

Sockeye Salmon
09-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Yep. That's the way TM is. Hands out the worst seats first and gradually gets better.

Just picked up Row 20, Row A !!!

My patients paid off. Love my level 2 reserved seat, but Row A is just as awesome, espeically for Round 1

The logic is that the diehards who log on straight away will go regardless so offer them the crap seats first.

Later when the theatre-goers are trying to make up their minds, offer them the best seats.

bornadog
09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
The logic is that the diehards who log on straight away will go regardless so offer them the crap seats first.

Later when the theatre-goers are trying to make up their minds, offer them the best seats.

Your not wrong there SS, the whole ticketing system stinks.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 11:12 AM

my sentiments exactly

firstdogonthemoon
11-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I STILL cannot get a members ticket to this game - I just want to sit on lvl 3.

soupman
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I STILL cannot get a members ticket to this game - I just want to sit on lvl 3.

We got them today, but the only option we were presented on level 3 was behind the goals. We rock up 2 weeks early to get our seats, and instead of rightfully getting a choice of where to sit we get told that they haven't opened up the wings yet because as they are the better seats they'll save them for the last minute buyers. Ticketmaster can get stuffed, as can the AFL for probably having a hand in this decision.

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Are we sure this is a FULLY TICKETED game? Last year when we played Essendon at Etihad is was PARTIALLY TICKETED and level 3 (apart from the first 10(?) rows) was general admission, rock up on the day and take your chances. I'm not going but was wondering - it might save a few grey hairs if this is the case! :)

bornadog
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
We got them today, but the only option we were presented on level 3 was behind the goals. We rock up 2 weeks early to get our seats, and instead of rightfully getting a choice of where to sit we get told that they haven't opened up the wings yet because as they are the better seats they'll save them for the last minute buyers. Ticketmaster can get stuffed, as can the AFL for probably having a hand in this decision.

I agree, the whole system is flawed. I am thinking of just getting standing room at this rate.

aker39
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Are we sure this is a FULLY TICKETED game? Last year when we played Essendon at Etihad is was PARTIALLY TICKETED and level 3 (apart from the first 10(?) rows) was general admission, rock up on the day and take your chances. I'm not going but was wondering - it might save a few grey hairs if this is the case! :)

Last years game was a Bulldog home game.

Round 1 is an Essendon home game. EVERY Essendon HOME game at Etihad is Fully Ticketed.

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM

Round 1 is an Essendon home game. EVERY Essendon HOME game at Etihad is Fully Ticketed.

Isn't there usually an official club confirmation if the game is fully ticketed? How far out from the game date does that usually appear?

aker39
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Isn't there usually an official club confirmation if the game is fully ticketed? How far out from the game date does that usually appear?

Not for Essendon home games. Every Essendon home game at Etihad is Fully Ticketed.

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Not for Essendon home games. Every Essendon home game at Etihad is Fully Ticketed.

Yeah. And that god we only have to meet them once as their Home game. would hate to have to go thru this crap each time :rolleyes:

Desipura
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah. And that god we only have to meet them once as their Home game. would hate to have to go thru this crap each time :rolleyes:
Yeh, I would hate it if we had so many members that our games would be fully ticketed and thus competing with the richer clubs.....NOT

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Thanks aker39. Now that I think more about it I remember years ago having to line up for 45 minutes at a Bulldogs home game to get a GA ticket to get in when I was a Bulldogs member. Didn't have a reserved seat back then & was not happy I missed the first 1 1/2 quarters. Damn confusing it is when we play Essendon! :mad:

Sorry if I've confused anyone. :o

firstdogonthemoon
11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
My problem seems to be that i upgraded my membership from last year -

This year I am sitting on level 2

Last year I was general admission, lvl 3, 17 games with social club

when I upgraded, they gave me gold premiership but took off the social club

so I called them and they put it back on and sent me a new card

then when I went to book just now I realised they had also changed me from 17 game to 11 game so I can't buy tickets for this game

so I called them and they put it back on - they will send me a new card

they even gave me a new barcode over the phone so i can buy tickets to this game

however it doesn't update in the ticketmaster system until later

so I still can't buy tickets to this game

they are very nice at the call centre though

soupman
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM

All my experiences dealing with the club have been fantastic. They've been helpful, friendly and quick to respond, leaving me impressed.

If only Ticketmaster (ticketmaster itself, not the oulet we buy the tickets through who are great and sympathetic) was as good. They are a nightmare to try and wrangle a refund out of, frequently have stuff ups on their website and are just all round frustrating.

Chicago1
11-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I'll be having the problem that when I renew my membership at the club in two weeks :D , I have to use the address where I'm staying in East Keilor so I get my membership ticket sent there in time for Round 2. When I get back home :( , I have to change my address online to my Chicago address so I get all the Bulldogs stuff. Life can be so complicated sometimes... :p

Oh yeah, hey Suz 32, I'm going on a roller coaster trip the week after I get back next month. Wanna come?

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
My mate organized our tickets today. Lvl 3 Aisle 30 Row C

firstdogonthemoon
12-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Goddam Ticketmaster still haven't updated their server! Aghghgghg

The Underdog
17-03-2011, 10:02 PM
My favourite part of the whole process is:
We have no choice but to purchase a ticket, so I choose to do it online. I go through the process and choose level 3 and the Ticketfast Now option which claims to have no additional charge.
Then it gives me one seating choice (and I've tried 4 or 5 times) and there's a $3.95 charge plus a $6.05 charge for handling.
What ****ing handling, it's the ****ing internet. It e-mails me the ticket and I print it out myself. It costs an extra $10 to go to a game I've already paid for.
Ticketmaster's view on customer relations is somewhat similiar to a "Prison Lifer" who views any new meat as his potential bitch. Congratulations to the AFL for their part in it too.

LostDoggy
18-03-2011, 12:07 AM
You sure? I'm sure I didn't get charged a $3.95 fee wen I purchased my tickets

The Underdog
18-03-2011, 01:32 PM
You sure? I'm sure I didn't get charged a $3.95 fee wen I purchased my tickets

Did you do it in person or over the interwebs?

Maybe it's an interweb thing but there was definitely a $3.95 charge for a Members ticket on level 3 plus a $6.05 handling fee. As I said it only gave me the one choice of seat in 5 tries. I supoose I could have given up and tried again or used the phone but there's no guarantee it would be any different.

LostDoggy
18-03-2011, 02:06 PM
so I called them and they put it back on - they will send me a new card

they even gave me a new barcode over the phone so i can buy tickets to this game

however it doesn't update in the ticketmaster system until later

so I still can't buy tickets to this game

That doesn't sound correct.

The barcodes are actually produced by Ticketmaster and provided to all the clubs to incorporate onto their membership cards. This happens as far back as October last year.

If the club gave you a new barcode and it was for a 17 game membership it should already be activated within the barcode retirement system at Ticketmaster.

firstdogonthemoon
18-03-2011, 04:16 PM
That doesn't sound correct.

The barcodes are actually produced by Ticketmaster and provided to all the clubs to incorporate onto their membership cards. This happens as far back as October last year.

If the club gave you a new barcode and it was for a 17 game membership it should already be activated within the barcode retirement system at Ticketmaster.

Apparently not - the dogs issue the barcode (which I assume they get from ticketmaster) but it is not "active" with ticketmaster - until the dogs tell them they have issued and then tickmaster update it on their system - or something

anyway - i called tickmaster after trying for four days to buy a ticket and they said they woulc call back - six hours later they did

and they sold me a ticket for $10 on level 3 near between the 50 and the goals

so it worked out ok eventually - except of course that the whole system is crap and doesn't work

but I'm going to the game

LostDoggy
18-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Did you do it in person or over the interwebs?

Maybe it's an interweb thing but there was definitely a $3.95 charge for a Members ticket on level 3 plus a $6.05 handling fee. As I said it only gave me the one choice of seat in 5 tries. I supoose I could have given up and tried again or used the phone but there's no guarantee it would be any different.

Over the interweb

Greystache
18-03-2011, 07:36 PM
For anyone who's a 17 game member (or an AFL member) the easiest way to arrange your seats is just to turn up a little early on game day and present your membership at the ticket booth, they'll print you off a reserved seat ticket for free. Even if there's a number of you, just give them all the memberships at once and they'll allocate them all together. I go to fully ticketed games all the time and more often than not I get better seats than I would have if I tried to book on line.

The Coon Dog
23-03-2011, 11:42 AM
So, where are people sitting?

I have tix for myself & TCP on level 3, aisle 4, which I reckon would be above the Bombers race.

Sedat
23-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I'll be sitting in my mates loungroom watching the game, all thanks to Sir James and the hysteria surrounding his coaching debut. If Harry Highpants was still coach there would be spare seats everywhere.

aker39
23-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Level 1, Aisle 19, with 15 other bulldog supporters.

LostDoggy
23-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Level 1 Aisle 20, Row A

Desipura
23-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Level 1 Aisle 11 Row R

LostDoggy
23-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Level 2 behind our Cheer Squad. I'll be giving it to the Essendon (equivalent of) Gold Members up there

bornadog
23-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I got two tickets on level 1 on the wing through ebay for $52, then a friend rang and said he has two tickets on level 3 wing. Waiting to see if his son and mate want the level 1 or else they will be available.

Drunken Bum
23-03-2011, 04:15 PM
if they are available i would love to take the level 1 tickets off your hands

bornadog
23-03-2011, 05:43 PM

I will find out by tonight and let you know

Drunken Bum
23-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Cheers bornadog

The Adelaide Connection
24-03-2011, 12:02 AM

+1. If they are available and Drunken Bum doesn't take them I could well be in the market for them or any others people have that they need to onsell.

Drunken Bum
24-03-2011, 12:44 AM
+1. If they are available and Drunken Bum doesn't take them I could well be in the market for them or any others people have that they need to onsell.

Sorry Adelaide, hope you find some mate

EasternWest
24-03-2011, 02:52 PM
For anyone who's a 17 game member (or an AFL member) the easiest way to arrange your seats is just to turn up a little early on game day and present your membership at the ticket booth, they'll print you off a reserved seat ticket for free. Even if there's a number of you, just give them all the memberships at once and they'll allocate them all together. I go to fully ticketed games all the time and more often than not I get better seats than I would have if I tried to book on line.

That's handy to know. I've always bought mine (or paid the extra anyhow).

What a sneaky little thing. Is it advertised, or did you stumble on it?

aker39
24-03-2011, 05:22 PM

Always been the case.

You just take the risk of the game selling out and not getting in, but we have never had a sell out at Etihad.

Greystache
24-03-2011, 06:02 PM

GF told me, I've never seen it advertised, knowing Etihad they'd try hard to keep it well hidden. Her family are Essendon and have been AFL members for 20 years, there's 6 of them and it would cost an extra $36 each match, but they've never paid.

The Coon Dog
24-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I have 1 adult & 1 child's ticket, level 3, aisle 4, row B.

Let me know if interested.

EasternWest
24-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Always been the case.

You just take the risk of the game selling out and not getting in, but we have never had a sell out at Etihad.

That's as may be, but my question was more along the lines of where it was advertised?

I've been a 17 game member for ten years, and I can't remember ever seeing a notification saying that entitlement exists. It might be there, I'm only saying I've never seen it.