PDA

View Full Version : Cooney on "One week at a time" this Monday

LostDoggy
01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
For those that have the capability to Watch HD digital TV the inaugural Hong Kong street Esky Lid Champion will be on "One week at a time" on ONE this Monday night.

IMO they do good interviews on this show so it should worth watching. Both Barry Halls interview and Daniel Giansiracusa's interview really showed some insights into themselves and the club. In Gia's he talked about the Leading teams principles.

Anyway put it in your diary or your phone to remind you

Cyberdoggie
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info SOS.

Probably should be under the unleashed forum rather than the Dog's Day which is for newspaper and web articles.

I'll have to remember to set the PVR

LostDoggy
01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
A pity Gia and the other senior players didnt show some of the learnings from Leading Teams principles against Essendon last week.

jasopan
02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
^ Talked the talk but didn't walk the walk...

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Just a reminder no one has anything better to do from 9:30 tonight. Tune in won't you

OLD SCRAGGer
04-04-2011, 01:53 PM
A pity Gia and the other senior players didnt show some of the learnings from Leading Teams principles against Essendon last week.

THOUGHT this was a forum about Adam Cooney being on One week at a time? When did it become a BAG GIA POST :mad: :mad:

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
THOUGHT this was a forum about Adam Cooney being on One week at a time? When did it become a BAG GIA POST :mad: :mad:

Because majority of people dislike him.

BulldogBelle
04-04-2011, 08:42 PM

How pathetic.

Hotdog60
04-04-2011, 08:51 PM
It's on at 11:00pm in QLD, suxs bigtime. In Melbourne do you have One week at a time late edition with Thugby?

Because up here it's the opposite.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 08:52 PM
How pathetic.

:rolleyes:

You hear it in the stands every week, for some reason he rubs supporters up the wrong way.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
You hear it in the stands every week, for some reason he rubs supporters up the wrong way.

Could the very reason be as easy as because he doesn't seem to catch anyone when chasing that it's assumed he isn't trying when the real reason is that he is just slow.

Anyway looking forward to hearing Coon talk tonight. Hopefully he is asked questions that are relevant to where he is at in terms of leadership and how he can help the team improve it's perfomances against the competitions best.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Could the very reason be as easy as because he doesn't seem to catch anyone when chasing that it's assumed he isn't trying when the real reason is that he is just slow.

Yes.

Averaging 3.8 tackles per game last year, says he does ok :)

Anyway looking forward to hearing Coon talk tonight. Hopefully he is asked questions that are relevant to where he is at in terms of leadership and how he can help the team improve it's perfomances against the competitions best.

Will be an interesting interview (hopefully), there is still a lot of improvement in the group, even though the win was a good one.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes.

Averaging 3.8 tackles per game last year, says he does ok :)

He is a very good tackler in close, but in open play he is a bit of a liability as he isn't all that agile and as previously stated is slow for his size.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
He is a very good tackler in close, but in open play he is a bit of a liability as he isn't all that agile and as previously stated is slow for his size.

Would agree with that.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
:rolleyes:

Ha! The girl who sits behind me was saying the same thing yesterday and she decided supporters bag him probably because he is so good-looking!!! :cool:

Mantis
04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Not much to add on the interview, Coons kept the answers pretty concise.

Main points are that he enjoys the leadership side of things now that he is getting older and maturing. Spoke briefly about HK incident, said it wasn't the smartest thing he has done.

immortalmike
05-04-2011, 03:14 AM

I think that's part of it along with being good looking.

I think that's why people loved Daniel Southern and Tony Liberatore so much, couldn't accuse them of being pretty boys.:D

Remi Moses
05-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Got nothing against the guy,but I'd like him to have a big game in an actual "Big Game"
Magpie game in round 6 would be nice.
Having said that he's not on his Pat Malone in that regard.

Grantysghost
05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
The interview is online on the One HD AFL site.

Link (http://onehd.com.au/video.htm?movideo_m=100238&tags=show:name!One%20Week%20At%20A%20Time%20-%20AFL)

Maddog37
05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Got nothing against the guy,but I'd like him to have a big game in an actual "Big Game"
Magpie game in round 6 would be nice.
Having said that he's not on his Pat Malone in that regard.

Gia has his weaknesses but the game he played last year against North with an injured knee was all class. You cannot doubt his committment.

Remi Moses
05-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Gia has his weaknesses but the game he played last year against North with an injured knee was all class. You cannot doubt his committment.

Not doubting his commitment.
He needs to perform against the BIG BOYS, starting against Collingwood in a few weeks.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Interesting comment, he has his flaws and I didnt want him as captain but we are better off with Gia in the side and I dont think its a majority. We might need a poll..

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Not doubting his commitment.
He needs to perform against the BIG BOYS, starting against Collingwood in a few weeks.

Thats a fair call.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 10:37 AM
It's on at 11:00pm in QLD, suxs bigtime. In Melbourne do you have One week at a time late edition with Thugby?

Because up here it's the opposite.

It sucks huh?
Remember when it was on at 7:30pm?

Stupid QLD.
I watch it on Tuesday nights directly from the website now.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I though Cooney handled himself exceptionally.
Particularly when the esky lidding footage was shown.

Also, Gia went in hard for a ball against the lions at one point.
Real hard, was pleasing.