PDA

View Full Version : What's the one thing you want to see tomorrow night?

Mantis
30-04-2011, 09:46 PM
By the sounds of things we are going to be up against it tomorrow so if as is expected we are to go down what one thing would you like to see to take away as a positive?

For me it is the performance of Jarrad Grant.

In his clashes with Ben Reid thus far he has been pretty disappointing. I would love him to get one over him at the start of their rivalry such to build on over future years as I am sure there will be plenty battles in the years to come.

He looked an un-interested figure in last years QF and played into Reid's hands and I for one want to see him on his bike tomorrow night using his greatest asset (leg speed) to his and our advantage.

AndrewP6
30-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I want to see endeavour being shown, players going hard at the ball, tackles aplenty(ones that stick), smart use of the ball, and conversion of opportunities in front of goal.

Is that too much to ask? ;)

Hotdog60
30-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Cooney to klick and have a big one that goes all season and Jones to hold his marks and show he can be Barry replacement.

LostDoggy
30-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I'd really love us to become the team that everyone knows will never give in - we'll just keep coming and once we are in front, we bury 'em! Everytime I start to think we are becoming that team, we give up a lead that we have fought hard to get. A good, hard-at-it, never say die performance would help me smile! ;)

aker39
30-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I'd like to see some plans put in place to stop Shaw and O'Briens run out of the backline.

The Coon Dog
30-04-2011, 11:44 PM
One individual who stands up & carries his team over the line. Chris Judd did it once again on Friday night.

Ghost Dog
30-04-2011, 11:49 PM
If, as the OP suggests, we are bound to lose, to lose in style with something to give the fans hope.

AndrewP6
30-04-2011, 11:55 PM
One individual who stands up & carries his team over the line. Chris Judd did it once again on Friday night.

I'd like us to be close enough to be carried over the line. ;)

MrMahatma
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Equal numbers at the contest. Against the Pies we always seem to be in 3:1... 4:1 contests cause their blokes either read the play better or run harder. Does my head in.

Greystache
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
I'd like to see our leaders lead the way against a top team, Boyd, Cooney, Cross etc, not just Ryan Griffen with the rest all putting in shockers.

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Decent start. Last weeks commitement mixed with way better execution and smarter decision making. Not allow The Pies to have loose players in the back half .
For Christ Sake Rocket and MC make that back six accountable!!

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
If, as the OP suggests, we are bound to lose, to lose in style with something to give the fans hope.

Nothing stylish about losing! You get F*** all for an honorable loss.:confused:

lemmon
01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Higgins to play four consistent quarters and Lake to show the dominance we know he's capable of

aker39
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Higgins to play four consistent quarters and Lake to show the dominance we know he's capable of

What have you been smoking.:D

bornadog
01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I want to see no skill errors, four quarters of intensity and a never give up attitude.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Nothing stylish about losing! You get F*** all for an honorable loss.:confused:

No , but plenty of players do stylish things in a losing side.
The OP says
so if as is expected we are to go down what one thing would you like to see to take away as a positive?

As said, something to give the fans hope that we can match a top 4 side with lots of improvement.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I want to see the senior players play well. Especially defensively. If I see Swan, Thomas, Pendlebury and co running around by themselves, I'll be bitterly disappointed.

Oh, and it'd be nice to hit a target or two.

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 01:57 AM

No , but plenty of players do stylish things in a losing side.
The OP says
so if as is expected we are to go down what one thing would you like to see to take away as a positive?

As said, something to give the fans hope that we can match a top 4 side with lots of improvement.

Understand where you're coming from,but I think it's time we won against one of the big boys. The only positive is a win,not an honorable effort.

ratsmac
01-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I want to see Didak do a knee and joffa to choke on a hotdog :D

Effort, no stupid decision making and Grant to have a break out game.

The Pie Man
01-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Forward pressure

Big game for Jones & Grant to provide a glimpse of our forward structure for the next five years. Would love to see Jones chase (which he does) and provide a real target (which with his poor hands he hasn't quite done yet)

We're a chance to see the ball move our way a bit tonight with Jolly out, so they'll have opportunities

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 07:57 AM
I want to see Didak do a knee and joffa to choke on a hotdog :D

Effort, no stupid decision making and Grant to have a break out game.

LOL and his stupid Gary Glitter Jacket.

chef
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Big Willy dominating in the ruck, taking a couple of marks/goals up forward and being an intimidating presence. Number 1 ruck spot is yours for the taking Wilbur.

stevieg
01-05-2011, 09:07 AM
To win the clearances. The Pies have a number of players who float forward of a clearance because they are confident a teammate will win it more than not (Jolly being out is a plus). This will go a long way to us being competitive. The other is to hurt them on the scoreboard when we get the chance.

Maddog37
01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
All of our mids to play well at the same time.

Harry O and Maxwell to be shrtfronted early in a premeditated attack.

EasternWest
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
A win.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Forward pressure

This. Show a weakness in such a dominant team.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Equal numbers at the contest. Against the Pies we always seem to be in 3:1... 4:1 contests cause their blokes either read the play better or run harder. Does my head in.

The same thing happened in round 1. We have the same amount of players, this should not be so hard and is all about effort.

This and it's time to put fear into collingwood, physically and mentally. If we don't beat them give them something to think about, hit them hard and fair.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Big Willy dominating in the ruck, taking a couple of marks/goals up forward and being an intimidating presence. Number 1 ruck spot is yours for the taking Wilbur.

Yeah I would like to see this too, ferocity from Will. It will happen if he gets his tail up.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 12:55 PM
There'll be lots of fumbles inwith their pressure, but .. foot skills hitting targets puh-lease.
If we kick like we did last week, at either end of the ground, may as well start thinking about next week from the get go.

soupman
01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
For us to take our chances and convert when given the opportunity. Too often against top sides we play well enough towin the game, we just don't actually turn these periods of goodness (terrible word I admit) into results on the scoreboard through bad conversion or just shit forward entries. Thus has to change.

Pickenitup
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
To silence the Ferals i am going to be sitting in the Collingwoos area Level 2 Ponsford Stand
with my pie mates please let us silence them.

G-Mo77
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM
A win.

Pretty much. I'm sick of honourable losses.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
No more bloody injuries. Not one!

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Pretty much. I'm sick of honourable losses.

amen .

the banker
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Win the one on ones, solid conversion of inside 50's and Cooney to drive us to victory in a tight game.

The Underdog
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I want to see good, smart, quick decision making. Against Essendon we were awful against good forward pressure and a solid structure which Collingwood will assuredly have. I want to see the players cope with this and show the "belief" they allegedly hold.

Some decent forward pressure wouldn't go astray either.

lemmon
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
What have you been smoking.:D

Ohh right, was a big week :o

Sedat
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
For me it is the performance of Jarrad Grant.

In his clashes with Ben Reid thus far he has been pretty disappointing. I would love him to get one over him at the start of their rivalry such to build on over future years as I am sure there will be plenty battles in the years to come.

He looked an un-interested figure in last years QF and played into Reid's hands and I for one want to see him on his bike tomorrow night using his greatest asset (leg speed) to his and our advantage.
I'm tipping you didn't like what you saw tonight.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Grant really has been disappointing this year. Sadly, he's not alone.

Ghost Dog
02-05-2011, 06:47 AM
To win the clearances. The Pies have a number of players who float forward of a clearance because they are confident a teammate will win it more than not (Jolly being out is a plus). This will go a long way to us being competitive. The other is to hurt them on the scoreboard when we get the chance.

You were right... how right were you right....
We just didn't take the chances when they came.
I know young players shouldered at least three of those chances but that's AFL.
Mitch, Liam, welcome to the top level.

The only thing that stopped me tearing stuffing out of the sofa when a whole wall of collingwood players did a conga line into our foward lne without a single blue gurnsey to be seen was when sideshow bob pendlebury clipped the post.