PDA

View Full Version : Have We Ever Won a Sunday Twilight Game?

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 07:59 PM
We always seem to get beaten in Sunday twilights. Can anyone remember us winning a game?

Rocco Jones
03-07-2011, 08:01 PM
IIRC last time we played Carlton it was a twilight game at The Docklands and we smashed them.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Last year we won 3/4 of our Sunday Twilight games. Richmond by 72, Loss to Coll by 10, Carlton by 68, Adelaide by 8.

Don't think that will be against us next week ;)

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
IIRC last time we played Carlton it was a twilight game at The Docklands and we smashed them.

I remember Fev touching us up on a Sunday night at Docklands. They ran over us in the last quarter.

Rocco Jones
03-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I remember Fev touching us up on a Sunday night at Docklands. They ran over us in the last quarter.

Join the queue *zing*

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Round 17, 2008. Gave up a 26pt half time lead to lose by 28. Carlton fans were quiet all day until Fev pulled out 6 from nowhere. :rolleyes: Can still remember the horrid noise when they hit the front :(

choconmientay
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Round 17, 2008. Gave up a 26pt half time lead to lose by 28. Carlton fans were quiet all day until Fev pulled out 6 from nowhere. :rolleyes: Can still remember the horrid noise when they hit the front :(

I still remember that game. I lost a slab of corona to a work mate of my :(

azabob
03-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I still remember that game. I lost a slab of corona to a work mate of my :(

No big loss, it being an average beer and all... ;)

choconmientay
03-07-2011, 09:13 PM
No big loss, it being an average beer and all... ;)

Agreed on the beer but I would rather win a slab than loosing one :)

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM

This was the game that Fev famously said to our trainer at the start of the 3rd quarter something along the lines of 'you're lucky because you have front row seats to see the Fev show'

And that's exactly what it was in the 2nd half!

The Coon Dog
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM

What I still recall about that was Fev taking a mark, getting a 50 metre penalty & on his way up to the goal square to kick his goal, he pushed Brian Lake over & the free was reversed. Poor Fev ended up on 99 goals for the year & I still think of that as being the one that got away.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 11:52 PM
What I still recall about that was Fev taking a mark, getting a 50 metre penalty & on his way up to the goal square to kick his goal, he pushed Brian Lake over & the free was reversed. Poor Fev ended up on 99 goals for the year & I still think of that as being the one that got away.

I think you've summed up Fev's entire career in that nutshell.

Twodogs
04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
We beat Collngwood in round 22 in 2009 in a twilight game on a sunday. We had to win by 22 points in order to finish 3rd and play St klda instead of Geelong the first week of the finals. We won by 24 points.

LostDoggy
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Well, I hope we are going to have a win this Sunday because I thought I might get along! I don't usually do Sunday twilight games, it just doesn't work well with getting up at 5.15 on a Monday and being organised for the week! Seeing we only have a few home games left, I thought I had better utilise my seat :D

BulldogBelle
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
We had to win by 22 points in order to finish 3rd and play St klda instead of Geelong the first week of the finals. We won by 24 points.

Unfortunately it was the reverse and we failed the capitalize, and it cost us a massive dip at a Premiership. :(

Gee that was a funny game though, so much contact avoidance. I swear Rocket and Malthouse must have made an agreement before the game to try and limit as much hard impact as possible, so to be fresher for the real deal afterwards.