PDA

View Full Version : ok, its got to be asked - Should we replace Hall with Fevola for two Seasons?

bornadog
20-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Fevola deserves another chance says AFL (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fevola-deserves-another-chance-says-afl-20110719-1hmv8.html)

He has stayed out of trouble for awhile now. Should we be looking at Fevola for the next two seasons?

chef
20-07-2011, 06:44 PM
*!*!*!*! no.

Hopefully our 'no dickhead policy' is back in force after it was dropped to let Aker in.

He's also not a team player and lacks a defensive mind set which is essential nowadays for forwards.

Sedat
20-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Fev is a terrible fit on so many different levels. Most of all he is simple ill-eqipped for the modern game - the only time he's ever chased in his life was when he was stuck on 99 goals. He would have been a star of the game in the 80's and 90's but not in today's game, where pressure acts and inside 50 tackles are feted moreso than goals kicked.

SonofScray
20-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Don't see why is has "got to be asked." Clearly a no go zone.

1eyedog
20-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Fevola deserves another chance says AFL (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fevola-deserves-another-chance-says-afl-20110719-1hmv8.html)

He has stayed out of trouble for awhile now. Should we be looking at Fevola for the next two seasons?

What out of trouble for the last three months? Trouble has followed Brendan all through his life as an AFL footballer and I have no doubt that it will follow again. What has changed exactly from his indecretions in the past? Has he attended counselling? Is he getting help for his gambling addiction and why does the AFL believe he deserves another chance now? Because he kicked 11 goals and he is being doing bits and pieces and making an effort? What does that mean?

It is simply too much of a gamble to bring Fevola over to a club with a policy that seems to be around developing young (largely impressionable) footballers. I think we need to develop Grant as a leading full forward and Jones as a centre half forward no matter how long it takes. We have Roughead to go in there eventually as well so we are not bereft of tall options like we were when we recruited Hall. The cost of bringing Fevola over to the club will outweigh the benefit we will get as part of him educating:rolleyes: our young forwards and kicking goals. IMO it will put out young forwards development back two years if we do it.

azabob
20-07-2011, 07:25 PM
He isn't even playing well at VFL level.

11 goals against Frankston isn't much of an achievement.

They are a poor struggling VFL club with no AFL alignment.

So no.

Doc26
20-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Baggage aside, which in itself is huge, the modern game has passed him. Brendan simply doesn't have the physical attributes to apply the required defensive pressure at the minimum standard expected.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Also, h'es a crap bloke in general.

LongWait
20-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Why are we being asked if we should replace a great bloke with a sh*t bloke?

Seriously - totally ridiculous question, although Aker will probably advocate we go for it.

Dancin' Douggy
20-07-2011, 07:56 PM
It's pretty hard to vote in this poll as I don't want to select any option.
Like John Howards republic vote.

I would say 95% no.

But.......... what if he gets himself in to absolute peak condition.
Kicks 11 goals or more every week for the rest of the year.
wins best on ground medal in VFL grand final.
Wins the New York Marathon and Hawaiian iron man title.
Is named Australian of the year.
Focuses his mind and becomes an eye surgeon and devotes himself (football allowing)
to working for the Fred Hollows foundation for no pay.

He blows the whistle on Carlton rorting the salary cap again and sends them back to the salt mines for another decade (with Ian Collins imprisoned for major fraud)
And says he will pay Callan Ward out of his own pocket to keep him at the Bulldogs,
admitting he has secretly always loved the Dogs, and would kill to win a flag there.

Then they find a small tumour pressing on a certain part of his brain which is directly responsible for all his 'misbehaviour' and it is successfully removed.

Then I'd have to say.................maybe.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 08:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AHAHAHA :D

Can I stand in the naughty corner with you DD ?

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 09:37 PM
No. Groom a younger player. Freo seem to be able to do it, so why can't we? Build a team for our next tilt.

ratsmac
20-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Hell no!!!!

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Give or take it myself.
The last two punts, Aker and Hall, both finished at opposite ends of the spectrum so who knows?
What if he comes across at minimum wage, plays VFL for Willi' and has to earn a spot? I'd probably be open for that?.........
However I think Sedat sums it up Below.

Fev is a terrible fit on so many different levels. Most of all he is simple ill-eqipped for the modern game - the only time he's ever chased in his life was when he was stuck on 99 goals. He would have been a star of the game in the 80's and 90's but not in today's game, where pressure acts and inside 50 tackles are feted moreso than goals kicked.

He doesn't chase or provide any pressure what so ever. He will never play AFL again.

Sockeye Salmon
20-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Where's the 'don't be so bloody silly' option?

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 11:15 PM
I think we would get more out of Alex Fevola.

bornadog
20-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Why are we being asked if we should replace a great bloke with a sh*t bloke?

Seriously - totally ridiculous question, although Aker will probably advocate we go for it.

4 people have voted yes (not me, I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole), so thats why I have posed the question.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 11:20 PM
At the Willi match when they where playing against him you would never have thought he could ever play at AFL level.

lemmon
20-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I think about it this way, imagine that in some warped world we had him at the start of the year and he featured in that Hong Kong video, the heat would have been intensified a hundred fold. Not what we need with the impressionable kids we have.

Greystache
20-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I think we would get more out of Alex Fevola.

She'd be cheap enough. :D

As for Brendan, I wouldn't want him even if he was a good bloke!

Doc26
21-07-2011, 12:08 AM
4 people have voted yes (not me, I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole), so thats why I have posed the question.

Now that's what you call a donkey vote and a sound case for the removal of compulsory voting.
Hopefully Fantasia and Dalrymple aren't two of them.

jeemak
21-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Barry Hall was a bit of a dickhead when we picked him up, but in a different type of way than Fevola has been throughout his career. The Fevola specimen does his dickhead damage off the field, and helps poison those that should know better than to be dickheads as well, but are easily led astray.

I think we've given our time to recruited senior players on a second or third chance. It hasn't delivered a premiership to this point so I can't see how doing it again will secure our second.

Let's let Grant and Jones mature and stamp their style on our side. Both are talented enough to do it, and with a year or so have the makings to be more than a handful for any defensive six.

KT31
21-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Dumb idea, it would be the equivalent of Jacovich in the 90's.

Dry Rot
21-07-2011, 01:50 AM
As an alternative, are there any other old warhorse forwards out there (not of the calibre of Hall of course) which are being eased out by their club that might be worth a year or two with us while our young 'uns get their eyes in?

Ghost Dog
21-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Barry Hall was a bit of a dickhead when we picked him up, but in a different type of way than Fevola has been throughout his career. The Fevola specimen does his dickhead damage off the field, and helps poison those that should know better than to be dickheads as well, but are easily led astray.

I think we've given our time to recruited senior players on a second or third chance. It hasn't delivered a premiership to this point so I can't see how doing it again will secure our second.

Let's let Grant and Jones mature and stamp their style on our side. Both are talented enough to do it, and with a year or so have the makings to be more than a handful for any defensive six.

Re Grant, were you at the game V North? He looked miles off ever being a KPP.
Jones was gallant, but he's just a kid.
Will have to see who other clubs dispose of at the end of the year.
Having bigger bodied Hahn / Hall type players helps the young'uns develop.

Remi Moses
21-07-2011, 03:47 AM
GOD No

Remi Moses
21-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Re Grant, were you at the game V North? He looked miles off ever being a KPP.
Jones was gallant, but he's just a kid.
Will have to see who other clubs dispose of at the end of the year.
Having bigger bodied Hahn / Hall type players helps the young'uns develop.

No rejects, clubs won't dispose of Key Forwards who are any good.
Build from the draft

Chicago1
21-07-2011, 04:57 AM
No. A leopard can't change its spots.

Desipura
21-07-2011, 07:52 AM
As an alternative, are there any other old warhorse forwards out there (not of the calibre of Hall of course) which are being eased out by their club that might be worth a year or two with us while our young 'uns get their eyes in?

I would be taking the bait, has more than 2 years in him and is quick and chases. I am not convinced Grant will consistently hold down full forward.

Topdog
21-07-2011, 09:35 AM
wait, why does this need to be asked?

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 09:54 AM
noooooooooooooo!

Daughter of the West
21-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

Mofra
21-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Give or take it myself.
The last two punts, Aker and Hall, both finished at opposite ends of the spectrum so who knows?
What if he comes across at minimum wage, plays VFL for Willi' and has to earn a spot? I'd probably be open for that?.........
However I think Sedat sums it up Below.
If Aker hadn't have gone on that extra year, we'd be hailing his trade a success too.

I'm not sure the modern game of the press & the requirement of FFs to provide defensive pressure is Fev's cup of tea, but our record with players on their last chance is actually decent.

Let's not blind ourselves here either - Grant is not ready to take over from Hall, and as much as Jones has improved he has nowhere near Hall's presence on the field. We are going to have to expect a drop in F50 potency next year as we come to grips with losing Hall, and I'm glad that (whether we take him or not) someone is asking the question about Fev.

Mofra
21-07-2011, 10:39 AM
No rejects, clubs won't dispose of Key Forwards who are any good.
Barry Hall wasn't any good?
Heck, if we were offered Schultz for near year I'd take him in a a heartbeat.

bornadog
21-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

Sorry did you say something:D

Sockeye Salmon
21-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I'd rather John Schultz

stefoid
21-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I voted no, but not because of 'character issues' but because I think physically he is too big a risk.

I hope we play Grant as our leading FF next year, where he belongs. Having a physically dodgy Fevolla around would just hog his spot and keep have a knock on effect through to Willi and upset Panos's development as well.

Mofra
21-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I'd rather John Schultz
In the absence of Barry, he'd still be our best key forward

Maddog37
21-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Not totally against it but 30 year old with chronic groin problems and lack of defensive skills is not that enticing at the end of the day.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 01:11 PM
No thanks, but having him at either Adelaide club would be entertaining for me.

Desipura
21-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I want to hear from those that want Fev

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Our forward line is going to be a little 'lightweight' next season judging by our current list.

Who will fill the role of the target KP forward, if we're to use one?

Who would we go after at the trade table, assuming that any player who suits this position will be on their last legs or a relative unknown in that position?

bornadog
21-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Our forward line is going to be a little 'lightweight' next season judging by our current list.

Who will fill the role of the target KP forward, if we're to use one?

Who would we go after at the trade table, assuming that any player who suits this position will be on their last legs or a relative unknown in that position?

Roughead, Cordy or Minson could rest in the forward line.

mjp
21-07-2011, 02:31 PM
No. Groom a younger player. Freo seem to be able to do it, so why can't we? Build a team for our next tilt.

Have you picked the right club? Chris Tarrant/Jack Anthony/John Griffin/Nick Lower/Kepler Bradley etc etc etc all say 'HI'.

Mofra
21-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Roughead, Cordy or Minson could rest in the forward line.
So we've got Roughy who has stagnanted this year, an untried Cordy, or Minson who is a pillar of salt in the F50? Add Grant who most want dropped as per the MC#18 thread?

Thank God Jones has improved, we'll have one legitimate marking target up there.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 02:53 PM
The Footy trip would be somewhat entertaining for the boys if Fevola joined the club

Las Vegas for 2012 trip?

Nuggety Back Pocket
21-07-2011, 04:48 PM

You must be kidding!

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Why can't Lake play FF for the remainder of his career?

Mofra
21-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Why can't Lake play FF for the remainder of his career?
He doesn't lead (a half-hearted jog with one hand in the air doesn't count).
Lake's a gun backman or mediocre forward - I know what I'd prefer

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 05:20 PM
l hope this was some kind of joke.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 05:57 PM
l could not think of anything more stupid than the dogs to go after Fev.

He probably has a couple of years left in him and we have had enough dickheads recently.

We also need to build for the future, play the kids!

Remi Moses
21-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Hall was effectively booted out for his on field blow ups! Schultz beats up on ordinary sides, No cast offs please! Mcdougall, there's been plenty.

AndrewP6
21-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Hall was effectively booted out for his on field blow ups! Schultz beats up on ordinary sides, No cast offs please! Mcdougall, there's been plenty.

Hall was booted out of Sydney, then proceeded to kick 80 goals for us, a pretty good return, really.

bornadog
21-07-2011, 06:18 PM
l could not think of anything more stupid than the dogs to go after Fev.

He probably has a couple of years left in him and we have had enough dickheads recently.

We also need to build for the future, play the kids!

I agree, I thought you meant the poll is a joke.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 06:28 PM
So we've got Roughy who has stagnanted this year, an untried Cordy, or Minson who is a pillar of salt in the F50? Add Grant who most want dropped as per the MC#18 thread?

Thank God Jones has improved, we'll have one legitimate marking target up there.

Agreed Moffra, my thoughts exactly if that's our options.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Sorry for misunderstanding.

Poll = Good

Fev = Bad

the banker
21-07-2011, 06:50 PM
There are very few star key forwards in the AFL. Buddy, Cloke, Nick Riewoldt. Solid performances from Pods, Josh Kennedy and Riewoldt J, Dawes?.

Can a mobile, hard tackling forward line be potent in 2012? If Grant played the lead up FF role could Vez drop into FP? Is he a goal kicker - someone who will kick 35 goals a year.

Definitely NO to Fev.

JohnGentStand
21-07-2011, 09:20 PM
We would be crazy not to walk back down the pathway of our former triumphs. Nothing says Bulldog spearhead like.....Allen Jakovich......James Cook....McDougall!!!....Minton-Connell.......FEVOLA!!!!!........
Seriously, it's in our D.N.A.
Sign him up :)

1st see if he can spell D.N.A.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I want to hear from those that want Fev

A pre season is a free hit from us. I only show some interest in him because we havent got an emerging forward and he is a player who knows how to play the position and has been a match winner many times

boydogs
21-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Everyone thought St Kilda was stupid for picking up Dean Polo with their last pick in the draft. Yet he's playing this week.

No-one else will want him, give him the last spot on the list and play him at FF to take the number 1 back away from Grant & Jones for another year or two.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 11:29 PM
She'd be cheap enough. :D

As for Brendan, I wouldn't want him even if he was a good bloke!

He is a good bloke, when he's not drinking. Alex is perhaps the dumbest woman I've ever met in my life. Total airhead.

Can I suggest a new WOOF rule: Any poster that suggests we recruit Fevola has to buy a round.

Ghost Dog
21-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Everyone thought St Kilda was stupid for picking up Dean Polo with their last pick in the draft. Yet he's playing this week.

No-one else will want him, give him the last spot on the list and play him at FF to take the number 1 back away from Grant & Jones for another year or two.

PR disaster for Memberships.
Rather a Podsiadly, VFL workhorse type any day. Heck, I'd rather Mitch Hahn, that rookie kid. :D

boydogs
22-07-2011, 02:01 AM
PR disaster for Memberships.

Disagree. You'll see a few jump off with Hall gone unless we get another mature KPF in.

MrMahatma
22-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Immature, gambling addict, piss head. He hasn't killed anyone, has he?

I'm not passionate either way to be honest. If we did get him, I'd be optimistic, if not, I don't care.

Remi Moses
22-07-2011, 05:14 AM

I think they were stupid . Dean Polo is very ordinary.

Remi Moses
22-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Disagree. You'll see a few jump off with Hall gone unless we get another mature KPF in.

Rubbish. The passive (let's see how they go) fan is going to purchase a membership on how we're traveling not if we have a big forward or not.

chef
22-07-2011, 08:18 AM
We would be crazy not to walk back down the pathway of our former triumphs. Nothing says Bulldog spearhead like.....Allen Jakovich......James Cook....McDougall!!!....Minton-Connell.......FEVOLA!!!!!........
Seriously, it's in our D.N.A.
Sign him up :)

1st see if he can spell D.N.A.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283498_1864750414613_1116586435_31574972_5114546_n.jpg

BulldogBelle
22-07-2011, 10:26 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283498_1864750414613_1116586435_31574972_5114546_n.jpg

Where is Alan Jackovich in this photo?

Andrew McDougall?

We have made some decent recruits to play FF, not directly from other AFL clubs - John Georgiades? Danny Del-Re?

;-)

Sockeye Salmon
22-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I miss Jason Watts

Mofra
22-07-2011, 10:44 AM
No point dragging up the early 90s when the professionalism levels were vastly different - our trading efforts post-Rhode have been quite good.

I voted the third option, but we'd be derelict in our duty to not talk to Fev to see where he's at. By all accounts we're interested in Bate FFS.

stefoid
22-07-2011, 10:57 AM

that poster gives me a funny feeling.

1eyedog
22-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Danny Del-Re was better at full forward for us than any of those other guys.

1eyedog
22-07-2011, 11:17 AM
No point dragging up the early 90s when the professionalism levels were vastly different - our trading efforts post-Rhode have been quite good.

I voted the third option, but we'd be derelict in our duty to not talk to Fev to see where he's at. By all accounts we're interested in Bate FFS.

Not a bad player sometimes is Bate.

Topdog
22-07-2011, 11:50 AM

I know they got close but the Saints will never win a premiership with the way they top up with spuds.

bornadog
22-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Danny Del-Re was better at full forward for us than any of those other guys.

Yes who can ever forget his efforts in the 1992 finals.

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 12:35 PM

I don't understand the thinking around the 'last spot on the list' being a throwaway pick -- there are only 40-odd spots on the list for a 22-person team, every one is precious. I mean, one of our 'last spots on the list' this year went to Dahlhaus, and we have so many players on our main list formerly from the rookie list, surely we should be treating every spot like gold.

Remi Moses
22-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Great Point^^

LostDoggy
23-07-2011, 03:01 AM
No. His behaviour will be of a negative consequence to the club, and possibly his team mates. It is important that we build up the younger players who deserve a spot in the forward line and who have a good work ethic. If Fevola comes to the club, so will the baggage.

boydogs
23-07-2011, 04:06 AM
I think they were stupid . Dean Polo is very ordinary.

I didn't see the game but he got 23 touches, 7 tackles and 7 marks tonight. They seem to be able to get the most out of recycles.

Rubbish. The passive (let's see how they go) fan is going to purchase a membership on how we're traveling not if we have a big forward or not.

Tell me no-one signed up at the start of 2010 because we got Barry down. I'm not arguing that this is a good reason to pick players, just countering the suggestion that picking Fevola would be bad for memberships.

I know they got close but the Saints will never win a premiership with the way they top up with spuds.

Big call when it was a drawn game.

I don't understand the thinking around the 'last spot on the list' being a throwaway pick -- there are only 40-odd spots on the list for a 22-person team, every one is precious. I mean, one of our 'last spots on the list' this year went to Dahlhaus, and we have so many players on our main list formerly from the rookie list, surely we should be treating every spot like gold.

The last spot on the list is generally a high risk high reward spot, not just the next best available who is likely to cement a VFL spot. Matt Maguire, Ryan Gamble, Dean Polo, Zephi Skinner types. We know what Fevola can deliver, there is significant doubt he will ever produce that again but the formula fits the selection.

I was also making the point that if we are interested, we are likely to be the only ones and thus will be able to do it all on our terms - last pick, minimum wage, contract termination conditions etc.

Remi Moses
23-07-2011, 05:10 AM
I seriously cannot believe the question is even broached. Fevola is cooked as an AfL player end of. As for Dean Polo honestly I'd get 24 touches against that rabble tonight! Ryan Gamble Polo are not going to take Stkilda to any great heights just band aid measures. Fevola won't be coming to our club at any pick, end the silly thread now.

Dancin' Douggy
25-07-2011, 12:30 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AHAHAHA :D

Can I stand in the naughty corner with you DD ?

Yes you can god dammit.