HB: Jayden Schofield, Ed Barlow, Robert Murphy
C: Jason Tutt, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Liam Jones, Daniel Giansiracusa
F: Ayce Cordy, Barry Hall, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Jordan Roughead, Ryan Griffen, Callan Ward
I/C: Josh Hill, Jarrad Grant, Patrick Veszpremi, Thomas Liberatore

Emg: Dylan Addison, Brennan Stack, Sam Reid
In: Josh Hill, Luke Dahlhaus
Out: Christian Howard, Nathan Djerrkura (General Soreness)

Hawthorn

B: Brent Guerra, Josh Gibson, Thomas Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Cameron Bruce, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
HF: Isaac Smith, Lance Franklin, Brendan Whitecross
F: Cyril Rioli, David Hale, Luke Breust
Foll: Max Bailey, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell
I/C: Liam Shiels, Shane Savage, Matt Suckling, Paul Puopolo

Emg: Michael Osborne, Jordan Lisle, Kyle Cheney
In: Shane Savage
Out: Chance Bateman (Soreness)

Greystache
25-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Good selections.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Howard didn't play too well, but is there any point in dropping him again? The kid needs confidence and experience, we're giving him neither at the minute.

DJ is unlucky. He's been solid lately aside from a few errors.

Will be very interesting to see if Hill is at the club next year.

G-Mo77
25-08-2011, 06:07 PM
How many chances does one get?

OK fresh slate for Josh Hill, he's got 2 games to prove he is worth it. Personally I think we're better off letting him go to who ever.

Howard dropped at this stage of the season? http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/mrkek/Asylum_Emoticons/doh.gif

Scraggers
25-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Just merged the two threads ;)

Maddog37
25-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Dropping Howard for Hill smells bad to me.

DJ is improving every game as well, very stiff.

Hopefully they both had niggles which influenced the decisions. Maybe Hill is gonna play on Buddy!!

BulldogBelle
25-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Hill can demonstrate his trade worth if the Hawks want to take him again

Hopefully he kicks 4 and we get decent pick for him

Markovic, Wood and Cordy are going to have fun playing on Buddy - as I imagine all 3 will have a go at one stage during the game

The Pie Man
25-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Was a little confused to see DJ as one of the outs, though I've since seen he's listed with 'general soreness' so I'm happy with that.

Probably the best team we can field under the circumstances.

SlimPickens
25-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Hill can demonstrate his trade worth if the Hawks want to take him again

Hopefully he kicks 4 and we get decent pick for him

Was thinking that when i saw he is selected.

Dahl the obvious inclusion with DJ very stiff (literally HUN reporting soreness), thought Hill applied himself defensively very well against Box Hill. Hopefully he can bring the same intensity this week against the Hawks.

GVGjr
25-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Dropping Howard for Hill smells bad to me.

DJ is improving every game as well, very stiff.

Hopefully they both had niggles which influenced the decisions. Maybe Hill is gonna play on Buddy!!

DJ is out with general soreness not dropped on form.
I'm disappointed by this because he has been in the system for a while and with 2 games to go I'd like to think he could play with a fair bit of discomfort.

Bulldog Joe
25-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Was a little confused to see DJ as one of the outs, though I've since seen he's listed with 'general soreness' so I'm happy with that.

Probably the best team we can field under the circumstances.

Hardly the best team we could field.

More like white flag selection. The best team would have looked to give us some hope around the ruck contest with Hudson or Minson. That was the only area we were beaten by Port. Needs more aggression at the contest this week.

Last week made everyone look good, but this is a different matter.

Hoping Barlow is kept away from Buddy. He couldn't get near Butcher.

Expecting 10 goal plus to Hawks and it could be really ugly, just hope they show some fight. Lots required from Boyd, Cross, Libba and Griff to get first use and get into our half of the ground.

AndrewP6
25-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Amazed they would omit Howard at this stage of proceedings...surely he's the future..as for hill, I hope he is BOG, and this game helps bump up his value in trade week.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2011, 06:59 PM

More like white flag selection. The best team would have looked to give us some hope around the ruck contest with Hudson or Minson. That was the only area we were beaten by Port. Needs more aggression at the contest this week.

Expecting 10 goal plus to Hawks and it could be really ugly, just hope they show some fight. Lots required from Boyd, Cross, Libba and Griff to get first use and get into our half of the ground.

It seems the selectors are damned either way. They have done what many have been after and settled for youth. I can imagine an equal number of people howling that it was just more of the same if we played Hudson or Minson.
The fact is with finals out of reach following our loss to the Bombers, and with Eade getting the flick, it really only serves us well by having a look at our list. We know what Minson can do, we know what Hudson can do. Hudson won't be there next year and Minson will likely be first ruck. So we need to get a better look at Roughy and Cordy.
I don't have a problem with the selections.

divvydan
25-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Looking at the bench, would we expect Hill or Vez to be the sub or someone else?

Bulldog Joe
25-08-2011, 09:08 PM
It seems the selectors are damned either way. They have done what many have been after and settled for youth. I can imagine an equal number of people howling that it was just more of the same if we played Hudson or Minson.
The fact is with finals out of reach following our loss to the Bombers, and with Eade getting the flick, it really only serves us well by having a look at our list. We know what Minson can do, we know what Hudson can do. Hudson won't be there next year and Minson will likely be first ruck. So we need to get a better look at Roughy and Cordy.
I don't have a problem with the selections.

Not actually complaining about the selection, but rather pointing out that we have not picked best available.

I agree that we need to give youth a go at this stage and hopefully Roughy realises how much is required. As with last week, he is fortunate in that he does not need to compete with a more physical opposition ruck.

Remi Moses
25-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Ruckman don't hit their prime until their mid 20's . I thought Roughy was good last week, all be it against young opposition. Josh Hill playing another farewell game, that's about his 20th last chance!

Bulldog Joe
26-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Ruckman don't hit their prime until their mid 20's . I thought Roughy was good last week, all be it against young opposition. Josh Hill playing another farewell game, that's about his 20th last chance!

Everyone seems to think Roughy was good but he got beaten by Lobbe ...and he hardly rates as an imposing opponent.

I wonder how we would have rated our senior ruckmen if they had played at Roughy's standard.

Showed me that Roughy has a long way to go, but happy to see him given a chance at this point. We have tended to wear down Hawthorn rucks in the past but that won't happen this week.

Mantis
26-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Everyone seems to think Roughy was good but he got beaten by Lobbe ...and he hardly rates as an imposing opponent.

I wonder how we would have rated our senior ruckmen if they had played at Roughy's standard.

Showed me that Roughy has a long way to go, but happy to see him given a chance at this point. We have tended to wear down Hawthorn rucks in the past but that won't happen this week.

Agree with that, was really surprised that some posters gave him votes.

He did suffer a pretty heavy knock in the 2nd qtr which I think knocked the stuffing out of him.

Go_Dogs
26-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Agree with that, was really surprised that some posters gave him votes.

He did suffer a pretty heavy knock in the 2nd qtr which I think knocked the stuffing out of him.

I didn't give him votes, but thought he was fairly good. Got involved around the ground and some of his work in the clearance was good. Lost the hit-outs sure, but we smashed that pathetic side in the clearance anyway.

LostDoggy
26-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Was thinking that when i saw he is selected.

Dahl the obvious inclusion with DJ very stiff (literally HUN reporting soreness), thought Hill applied himself defensively very well against Box Hill. Hopefully he can bring the same intensity this week against the Hawks.

He obviously sees the opportunity in a new coach, and that's only a good thing for both parties. The kid has talent, it's always been his attitude that's the problem, and although I agree he's had more than enough chances, if ever there was a player possible of being reborn under a new coach it's Hill.

The Pie Man
26-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Short of Minson playing - with Hudson only playing a farewell next week - I stand by my comment. I'm happy with Roughead/Cordy to be exposed given our ladder position.

As for Barlow, it's either him or Mulligan....

Midfield is as strong as it can be.

So short of the ruck division, which I'm comfortable with, it's as strong as it can be.

1eyedog
26-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Is Wallis injured?

Desipura
26-08-2011, 11:32 AM
We are rightly thinking long term rather than picking the best team, which yes would include Hudson and Minson based on their experience and mature bodies.
I am glad we are no longer taking the short term view as painful as that is likely to be.

Mantis
26-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Is Wallis injured?

No, he is playing for Willi on Sunday.

Mantis
26-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Looking at the bench, would we expect Hill or Vez to be the sub or someone else?

I hope it isn't Hill, he needs to show that he can play & compete against a good team when it's expected that we will struggle, playing him as the sub won't allow this to occur.

The Coon Dog
26-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I hope it isn't Hill, he needs to show that he can play & compete against a good team when it's expected that we will struggle, playing him as the sub won't allow this to occur.

Put him up against Buddy! :D

SlimPickens
26-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Is Wallis injured?

If the stories are true attitude (unfortunately) could be the reason Mitch isn't getting a senior game. He was rested last week from Willy.

Remi Moses
26-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Heard the same thing RE. Mitch
Have him in the side ahead of someone who's going.
Have him in for Ward.Bizarre

Mofra
26-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Wallis rumours? Anyone care to share? Have only heard good things so far.

Greystache
26-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Wallis rumours? Anyone care to share? Have only heard good things so far.

From what I've heard he feels he's deserved a lot more senior games than he's got this year and he's been hard done by.

I can't see where he's getting that view from, he may develop into an elite AFL player, but so far he's looked a long way off the pace.

divvydan
27-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Final Teams:

Mitchell out, Osbourne in; Wood out, Addison in

Subs: Whitecross and Veszpremi

BulldogBelle
27-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Final Teams:

Mitchell out, Osbourne in; Wood out, Addison in

Subs: Whitecross and Veszpremi

Markovic to play on Buddy - no plan B in Wood

Strap on your helmet son, your going in

Rocco Jones
27-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Lake, Morris, Williams, Shaggy and Wood injured. Gilbee our of the side. Harbrow at GC. Has their ever been a bigger change to a line over less than 12 months? That's our 7 most regular defenders from last year all out of the side.

ledge
27-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Addison a good in, has experience and could be the one dropping in front of buddie.