PDA

View Full Version : Retirements, Trades, Delistings and the Rookie list

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

bornadog
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I would like to see Sherman play next year. We gave up a bloody good player and a decent pick to get him. He owes us big time and I am not prepared to write him off just yet. However, the coach has to get it out of his head that Sherman isnot going to crack in, he is an outside runner.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I think JJ can also be added to the elevation list.

Can we put Panos back to the rookie list as we did with Michael West (tall forward) a few years back?

Actually forgot about JJ. Yes I think he will be elevated. Off DJ.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
and you are not too far off. Hill may get another year?

Yes I am not sure on Hill. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
After tonight Howard would be on thin ice, if he doesn't go now and there no improvement next season I'd say goodbye.

Howard had an excellent game last week, and has had one or two others this year that have produced a similar performance. Today was pretty ordinary, and he's had a few like that as well.

The key for him next year is minimising errors, and shortening the gap between his best and his worst.

He needs to defend better when it's his turn, and he needs to gain confidence and use the ball well each time he gets it.

IMO he has the talent, he just doesn't quite have the head for it yeat. With fitness and a bigger body he will hopefully put it all together.

Hotdog60
02-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Howard had an excellent game last week, and has had one or two others this year that have produced a similar performance. Today was pretty ordinary, and he's had a few like that as well.

The key for him next year is minimising errors, and shortening the gap between his best and his worst.

He needs to defend better when it's his turn, and he needs to gain confidence and use the ball well each time he gets it.

IMO he has the talent, he just doesn't quite have the head for it yeat. With fitness and a bigger body he will hopefully put it all together.

I think on current form the man he was supposed to replace would give us more. He came to us with a reputation to have a good kick but he hasn't shown too much of it to date.

That's why I said if he survives the cull he needs to improve or he may not see 2014 with us.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I think on current form the man he was supposed to replace would give us more. He came to us with a reputation to have a good kick but he hasn't shown too much of it to date.

That's why I said if he survives the cull he needs to improve or he may not see 2014 with us.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression I disagreed with the post of yours I quoted. I can assure you, I think he's precisely in the position you believe him to be.

He shouldn't be culled this year, but if he has an injury free year next year that results in similar inconsistent performances he's in trouble.

Howard's offensive kicking has been hampered by our lack of organisation as much as his lack of confidence. The guy he was supposed to replace didn't start kicking the ball really well until the rest of the side got its shit together. I think as soon as Howard's options open up in front of him he'll start to use the ball better.

Hotdog60
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry if I gave the impression I disagreed with the post of yours I quoted. I can assure you, I think he's precisely in the position you believe him to be.

He shouldn't be culled this year, but if he has an injury free year next year that results in similar inconsistent performances he's in trouble.

Howard's offensive kicking has been hampered by our lack of organisation as much as his lack of confidence. The guy he was supposed to replace didn't start kicking the ball really well until the rest of the side got its shit together. I think as soon as Howard's options open up in front of him he'll start to use the ball better.

Don't apologize all's good, he was taken in the 2009 Draft as a 1st round selection No. 15 overall and this is his 3rd year and we should start seeing a little bit more than we are.

Maybe a lot will depend on what you said, if he has a weapon I would like to see him use it more. One thing that gave me doubts a week or so back was a left foot shot at goal floated through. On your preferred foot with good kicking skills I would expect a better finish.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Don't apologize all's good, he was taken in the 2009 Draft as a 1st round selection No. 15 overall and this is his 3rd year and we should start seeing a little bit more than we are.

Maybe a lot will depend on what you said, if he has a weapon I would like to see him use it more. One thing that gave me doubts a week or so back was a left foot shot at goal floated through. On your preferred foot with good kicking skills I would expect a better finish.

Against the Cats (from the portions of the game I saw) he kicked an absolute helicopter for a behind, but also kicked a goal from outside 50 with nice shape. I didn't see his first goal.

One thing about good kicks in the AFL is they hit the ball in a way that even when it floats it still finds its way to the target. For the most part, the reason for this is because of the decision they made to actually go to that target. It will be interesting to see if Howard becomes a good decison maker.

stefoid
02-09-2012, 10:40 PM
If DJ is actually delisted on the back of stringing together multiple games for us, then it's clear that we have absolutely no idea what direction we are heading in. We knew we were a thin chance to beat anyone, surely the games must go to someone who has a future at the club.

Would be a total waste.

Yeah but which midfielder with a future would have replaced him?

bornadog
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
This from Macca:

McCartney said a number of list decisions had already be made and Sunday night's loss would have little impact on the future of their players.

McCartney said the upcoming draft had plenty of talent and the Bulldogs would simply be looking for the best available players.

ledge
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Would expect the delistings will be announced extremely quickly then so both player and club can move on.

AndrewP6
03-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Just saw his name on the AFL website but can't find a news link.

It's in several places (not necessarily "news" sites though).

Ghost Dog
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Official Hooper gone.

Wasn't able to contribute a lot was he? His performance in Hong Kong was his most famous act!

azabob
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Wasn't able to contribute a lot was he? His performance in Hong Kong was his most famous act!

Don't forget his goal against Sydney in the final in 2010, gave us a bit of momentum.

G-Mo77
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Official Hooper gone.

Heard this from a couple of sources. He was pretty devastated from what I heard, he loved being a Bulldog.

Edit: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146617/default.aspx

BulldogBelle
03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Mulligan gone as well, but we pretty well knew these guys were going. It'll be interesting from here on though. Any news on Wil Minson?

G-Mo77
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Mulligan gone as well, but we pretty well knew these guys were going. It'll be interesting from here on though. Any news on Wil Minson?

Here are his tweets.

"@jmulligan31: As you all might be aware now. I am not at the Western Bulldogs anymore, I left 6 weeks ago, because I personally wasn't enjoying it anymore"

"@jmulligan31: It was a great place but not a place for me, I'd like to thank everyone at the club for giving me that opportunity, and everyone that"

"@jmulligan31: Supported me and the club, so goodbye for now and thanks for the memories #GoDogs"

EasternWest
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Heard this from a couple of sources. He was pretty devastated from what I heard, he loved being a Bulldog.

Edit: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146617/default.aspx

Obviously not enough to, you know, get in shape.

That's what always bothered me about him (and Vez for that matter), you've got a tenuous grip on your dream career, why wouldn't you just eat less burgers?

Good luck to Hooper, I liked the kid, but at his height he couldn't afford to be the little fat kid (by AFL standards) that he was, and in that regard he's only got himself to blame.

G-Mo77
03-09-2012, 10:11 PM

That's what always bothered me about him (and Vez for that matter), you've got a tenuous grip on your dream career, why wouldn't you just eat less burgers?

Good luck to Hooper, I liked the kid, but at his height he couldn't afford to be the little fat kid (by AFL standards) that he was, and in that regard he's only got himself to blame.

I don't disagree mate. He's not the first and won't be the last. I hope he does find a new home, he's one of the few Bulldog players I've met, seems like a nice bloke.

Hotdog60
03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
He said he got his skin folds down to 44 (what ever that is, what's the standard). Had OP and then hamstring issues so he was pushing shit up.

EasternWest
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Had OP and then hamstring issues so he was pushing shit up.

Can you imagine Dale Morris blaming that? Matthew Boyd?

Sockeye Salmon
03-09-2012, 11:57 PM
He said he got his skin folds down to 44 (what ever that is, what's the standard). Had OP and then hamstring issues so he was pushing shit up.

I think 44 is still way too high. It used to be 30 but I'm not sure they still measure the same places, it was a long time ago.

AndrewP6
04-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I think 44 is still way too high. It used to be 30 but I'm not sure they still measure the same places, it was a long time ago.

I found this (http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/skinfolds.htm) that says 44 is within the 'excellent' range.

and this (http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/skinfolds.htm) which gives AFL specific information on scores.

Still, I guess it's all for nought now. Best of luck, Hoops.

Sockeye Salmon
04-09-2012, 12:09 AM
I found this (http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/skinfolds.htm) that says 44 is within the 'excellent' range.

and this (http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/skinfolds.htm) which gives AFL specific information on scores.

Still, I guess it's all for nought now. Best of luck, Hoops.

They must do it differently these days. I got the lemonade because I was 64.

jeemak
04-09-2012, 12:10 AM

I work with somebody who I would consider to be a reliable source on his career, and unfortunately according to him the shape he arrived preseason 2010-11 was terrible which is well documented. The worm shenannigans probably provides an insight into the type of break from the game he and the team had. Some players can do that and only put on a few kg's while others put on ten kg's. He's the latter.

Having OP was an unlucky break, though it might be argued if he was a bit leaner he wouldn't stress his body so much. For those doubting the impact OP has on performance, it's really hard to explain just how crippling it is.

Anyway good luck to Hooper, hopefully his AFL experience has taught him a valuable lesson in application for the remainder of his life.

Mofra
04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Here are his tweets.

"@jmulligan31: As you all might be aware now. I am not at the Western Bulldogs anymore, I left 6 weeks ago, because I personally wasn't enjoying it anymore"

"@jmulligan31: It was a great place but not a place for me, I'd like to thank everyone at the club for giving me that opportunity, and everyone that"

"@jmulligan31: Supported me and the club, so goodbye for now and thanks for the memories #GoDogs"
Good luck to him, at least he's not leaving bitter and angry and he can say he did play at the highest level.

The Underdog
04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Good luck to him, at least he's not leaving bitter and angry and he can say he did play at the highest level.

or at least amongst the highest level :)

The Bulldogs Bite
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Would anyone be interested in Koby Stevens from WCE?

High draft pick from a couple of years ago, unable to break into Eagles' midfield, but has been playing well at WAFL level. He's a really good size, too. Likely to come cheapish.

... However, he is another inside midfielder of which we probably don't need - particularly if we intend on selecting Hunter.

LostDoggy
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Just saw Matty Panos on Bulldogs TV, they wouldn't put him on that if they were going to delist ��

LostDoggy
06-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Just saw Matty Panos on Bulldogs TV, they wouldn't put him on that if they were going to delist ��

I wouldn't assume the left hand talks to the right hand at the bulldogs. Lots of corporates don't so I wouldn't expect the Bulldogs would be.

anfo27
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Lucas Cook from Melbourne will be delisted. He was pick 12 in the 2010 draft so I'm not sure what he has done to get the flick so quickly. For anyone who saw this kid play in the juniors is he worth considering & did anyone rate him?

ledge
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Macca thinks we have a lot of talent on the list I'm not so sure he will delist many more, we as supporters make calls on some players from the outside but we have no idea what the club sees in some and the plans for them

ledge
06-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Did I hear right that his beets has gone from Melbourne he seemed to be a decent player

w3design
06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Just went to bulldogs inside the kennel Hooper Mulligan And Moles cut with the 2 retirements that makes five Jason McCartney said we want five picks in the draft and elevate 2 to 3 rookies JJ Jong and Campbell . Talk of the 17 year old draft and Josh Caddy not much trading to be expected this draft except one player he wouldn't name depending on if he wants to stay at his current club. Still 3 to 4 players to get the chop.

Bulldog Revolution
06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I would like to see Sherman play next year. We gave up a bloody good player and a decent pick to get him. He owes us big time and I am not prepared to write him off just yet. However, the coach has to get it out of his head that Sherman isnot going to crack in, he is an outside runner.

I don't think Macca expects Sherman to become an insider player, but if he isn't going to go in when its his turn, and won't do the defensive stuff required then there is no spot for him, particularly in a young team where we need the experienced players leading.

I have no problem with Macca taking this stance with him

I also think Sherman has talent, but Shermo has worn out the patience of Leigh, Vossy etc so he's far from the perfect player.

azabob
06-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Just went to bulldogs inside the kennel Hooper Mulligan And Moles cut with the 2 retirements that makes five Jason McCartney said we want five picks in the draft and elevate 2 to 3 rookies JJ Jong and Campbell . Talk of the 17 year old draft and Josh Caddy not much trading to be expected this draft except one player he wouldn't name depending on if he wants to stay at his current club. Still 3 to 4 players to get the chop.

Thanks! Let the speculation begin on who that player / club is. For the sake of the speculation no is to say Bate!

Hotdog60
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks! Let the speculation begin on who that player / club is. For the sake of the speculation no is to say Bate!

I try:
Djerrkura
Veszpremi
Sherman
Tutt

Hard to know but I went for the outside types that don't crack in.

LostDoggy
06-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd be very disappointed to see Tutt go. Not sure why we are so hell bent on upgrading Campbell either.

Hotdog60
06-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I'd be very disappointed to see Tutt go. Not sure why we are so hell bent on upgrading Campbell either.

I wouldn't want Tutt to go either but it's hard to see who will make room. We need some outside players but if they are too outside they may not survive in our team.

bornadog
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM

The club will not be trading for any one over 21/22 years old (Source Macca), so it may be a GC or GWS player they are looking at.

ledge
06-09-2012, 11:40 PM
The club will not be trading for any one over 21/22 years old (Source Macca), so it may be a GC or GWS player they are looking at.

Hoskin Elliott?

bornadog
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Hoskin Elliott?

What would you give up for him?

ledge
06-09-2012, 11:58 PM

No idea thats a club decision but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

ledge
07-09-2012, 12:00 AM

It was basically the first player that came to mind knowing he is a nth sunshine boy

jeemak
07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't want Tutt to go either but it's hard to see who will make room. We need some outside players but if they are too outside they may not survive in our team.

I couldn't see Tutt making way unless his attitude was off a little from where it should be. He missed a lot of football this year, and I'd be interested to see if his recovery and rehabilitation habits contributed to that.

He's clearly talented by foot and hand, and he is quick. He's also shown more than many on his level from the outside looking in.

For mine, I think the following are going to make way for freshly listed (rookie and main) players beyond those already listed as retired or going:

Skinner
Greenwood
Veszpremi

Adding that to Moles, Hargrave, Hooper, Mulligan and Gilbee we have seven spots available across the Rookie list and senior list with eight players touted as coming on board.

Maybe due to our lack of salary cap pressure we can afford to off load Sherman and pay him out, without getting any reward at the trade table, thoug for me this would be a silly move as he would still have a small amount of currency.

hujsh
07-09-2012, 05:53 AM

Obvious choice is Skinner. Also Markovic or Panos if his contract is up (though it probably isn't)

The Pie Man
07-09-2012, 07:35 AM
and elevate 2 to 3 rookies JJ Jong and Campbell.

I've been wondering what we're going to do with Austin - I'm assuming the emergence Talia etc has hurt his elevation chances, though he was impressive before getting injured

chef
07-09-2012, 08:16 AM

He's a FA so we won't have to trade. I can see him with us next season:(.

LongWait
07-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Craig Bird (just a whisper atm.)

chef
07-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Craig Bird (just a whisper atm.)

Why would he want to leave Sydney?

LongWait
07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Why would he want to leave Sydney?

I have no idea. It's a rumor I've heard and nothing more.

chef
07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I have no idea. It's a rumor I've heard and nothing more.

Fair enough. Seems strange as he's in their best 22.

Mantis
07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Fair enough. Seems strange as he's in their best 22.

And his role will evolve as the 'oldies' (Bolton, RO'K) retire.

ledge
07-09-2012, 09:24 AM
And he is a Sydney boy isn't he?

Maddog37
07-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Josh Toy? He fits tha age band at least.

ledge
07-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Josh Toy? He fits tha age band at least.

Interesting wasn't he the hugely talented kid who has showed nothing? Jack watts impersonater or was that scully?

bornadog
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
He's a FA so we won't have to trade. I can see him with us next season:(.

Macca has said he will not be recruiting any players in the older bracket.

ledge
07-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Macca has said he will not be recruiting any players in the older bracket.

And I thought it was illegal to discriminate in the work place with age

Bulldog4life
07-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I couldn't see Tutt making way unless his attitude was off a little from where it should be. He missed a lot of football this year, and I'd be interested to see if his recovery and rehabilitation habits contributed to that.

He's clearly talented by foot and hand, and he is quick. He's also shown more than many on his level from the outside looking in.

For mine, I think the following are going to make way for freshly listed (rookie and main) players beyond those already listed as retired or going:

Skinner
Greenwood
Veszpremi

Adding that to Moles, Hargrave, Hooper, Mulligan and Gilbee we have seven spots available across the Rookie list and senior list with eight players touted as coming on board.

Maybe due to our lack of salary cap pressure we can afford to off load Sherman and pay him out, without getting any reward at the trade table, thoug for me this would be a silly move as he would still have a small amount of currency.

Greenwood played a good game last week with 24 possies and still only young. I agree with the other 2.

Greystache
07-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Greenwood played a good game last week with 24 possies and still only young. I agree with the other 2.

I hadn't seen much out of him in the first half of the season and thought he'd be moved on at year's end, but his form in the second half of the year has been very good. I think he's a certainty to be retained for a second year now.

bornadog
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Richmond delist Daniel Connors, Jeromey Webberley, Andrew Browne, Dean MacDonald Addam Maric, Piva Wright and Gibson Turner.

ledge
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Maric comes as a surprise played a few games.

always right
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I hadn't seen much out of him in the first half of the season and thought he'd be moved on at year's end, but his form in the second half of the year has been very good. I think he's a certainty to be retained for a second year now.

Agree....I was impressed by him last week. He's a keeper.

LostDoggy
07-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Hope the player is either Caddy of Maverick Weller, current Suns not singed past 2012 include:

Maverick Weller
Alik Magin
Lewis Moss
Hayden Jolly
Matthew Warnock
Piers Flanagan
Josh Toy
Tom Nicholls
Danny Stanley
Josh Caddy
Taylor Hine
Jack Hutchins
Sam Iles
Joel Wilkinson

bulldogsman
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Weller would be great for the right price.

azabob
07-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Weller would be great for the right price.

What type of player is he?

LostDoggy
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Weller Profile:
He’s a supremely fit, tough, fiercely competitive and hard working midfielder.
An accurate right foot kick and an aggressive and uncompromising tackler, he’s equally adept playing inside or outside midfield roles.
Seems to fit the "crack in" philosophy?

bulldogsman
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Weller Profile:
He’s a supremely fit, tough, fiercely competitive and hard working midfielder.
An accurate right foot kick and an aggressive and uncompromising tackler, he’s equally adept playing inside or outside midfield roles.
Seems to fit the "crack in" philosophy?

That's a very good description of him.
He's been playing half back this year and has held his own pretty well. Works both ways.

I would rather Weller over Caddy.

Maddog37
07-09-2012, 08:07 PM
According to a Suns fella on bigfooty called of all things "Sunny", Weller has resigned.

LostDoggy
07-09-2012, 08:14 PM
According to a Suns fella on bigfooty called of all things "Sunny", Weller has resigned.

Famous channel 10 report once said Nathan Buckley resigned from Collingwood.
Resigned or re-signed?

westdog54
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Famous channel 10 report once said Nathan Buckley resigned from Collingwood.
Resigned or re-signed?

I seem to recall a Chris Grant Resigns thread on BF a few years back

ledge
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I seem to recall a Chris Grant Resigns thread on BF a few years back

I think it was the sun when the port offer was made to him

westdog54
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I think it was the sun when the port offer was made to him

No, more recent than that.

w3design
08-09-2012, 12:33 AM

Carried an injury through the pre season, and much of the first half of year. B Mac was a huge wrap for him pre season.
Has steadily shown more each week of late.
Don't see him as one of those on the way out the door.

Maddog37
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Re-signed, sorry.

w3design
08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry forgot to mention Jason Mcartney also said Jack Redpath would be given 1 more year on the rookie list and was very confident with a full preseason could play a part next year.

ledge
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry forgot to mention Jason Mcartney also said Jack Redpath would be given 1 more year on the rookie list and was very confident with a full preseason could play a part next year.

I agree he is huge and can absolutely smash packs, just needs a bit more instruction

LostDoggy
09-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Brian Lake

Out of contract end of next year, given his lukewarm attitude could be a candidate to be lost for stuff all as a FA. If a club expressed an interest (Carlton and Hawthorn spring to mind), and the offer was good, I would look at it, we could even pay some of his salary to get a better deal pick wise. What happens with Cloke will drive a lot of things.

Roughead, Williams, Morris, Talia etc could cover (not to Lake's level but still be adequate).

Depends on club's view of draft, and other clubs' appetite.

Also could look at trading pick 5 or 6 to help get Caddy in a threeway involving Tippet and any balancing picks (again depends on club's confidence to draft someone better than Caddy)

My confidence in Fantasia overseeing much that is good is minimal. Dalrymple has not impressed with his picks so far - Howard - battling, Tutt - worse, Smith - can't kick but may develop...McCarthy is unproven.

Realistically we should be having a massive crack at someone like Brad Lloyd whom I think has been involved in Freo's good recruiting, or even Geelong's recruiter whose drafting record is second to none. Then I would have confidence in perhaps trading for picks...

Sockeye Salmon
09-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Why do so many people want to get rid of the best fullback the club has ever had?

If you expect loyalty you have to show loyalty.

GVGjr
09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Why do so many people want to get rid of the best fullback the club has ever had?

Thats the way I see it. He has a contract and unless he wants to go we shouldn't shop him around.

Ghost Dog
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Brian Lake

Out of contract end of next year, given his lukewarm attitude could be a candidate to be lost for stuff all as a FA. If a club expressed an interest (Carlton and Hawthorn spring to mind), and the offer was good, I would look at it, we could even pay some of his salary to get a better deal pick wise. What happens with Cloke will drive a lot of things.

Roughead, Williams, Morris, Talia etc could cover (not to Lake's level but still be adequate).

Also could look at trading pick 5 or 6 to help get Caddy in a threeway involving Tippet and any balancing picks (again depends on club's confidence to draft someone better than Caddy)

My confidence in Fantasia overseeing much that is good is minimal. Dalrymple has not impressed with his picks so far - Howard - battling, Tutt - worse, Smith - can't kick but may develop...McCarthy is unproven.

Realistically we should be having a massive crack at someone like Brad Lloyd whom I think has been involved in Freo's good recruiting, or even Geelong's recruiter whose drafting record is second to none. Then I would have confidence in perhaps trading for picks...

Perhaps this post represents some frustration with Brian's performance in the last few games. But he had some great games earlier in the season. Unfortunately, people remember most what you do last.
One of the few games I went to this season was North game. Absolutely owned the backline. around 28 disposals and over ten marks from memory. Hard to think they are in the finals after that pasting.
Have always said, Brian is a natural forward. Has the swagger and creativity for it. His temperament is more suited to it.
hope to see him down there more. Would do his confidence and our attack the world of good.

Topdog
09-09-2012, 12:13 PM

For me if we are trying to change him into a FF then Im happy for him to have a shot at a premiership. I dont think of that as not being loyal

AndrewP6
09-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Brian Lake

No no no no. And no. We did this last year, with many putting his attitude as a reason to get rid of him, and some claiming he was all but gone. Then he stayed, and in an awful year, he returned to play some decent footy. Sure, his last couple of weeks weren't good, but he was hardly Robinson Crusoe there. And since when do you trade someone because of two weeks of poor performance?

ledge
09-09-2012, 12:46 PM
No no no no. And no. We did this last year, with many putting his attitude as a reason to get rid of him, and some claiming he was all but gone. Then he stayed, and in an awful year, he returned to play some decent footy. Sure, his last couple of weeks weren't good, but he was hardly Robinson Crusoe there. And since when do you trade someone because of two weeks of poor performance?

Some made up their mind on our coach after 2 poor performances

AndrewP6
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Some made up their mind on our coach after 2 poor performances

Some had their doubts confirmed week in, week out for a season. ;)

Ghost Dog
09-09-2012, 12:51 PM
For me if we are trying to change him into a FF then Im happy for him to have a shot at a premiership. I dont think of that as not being loyal

you don't want him at ff?

Go_Dogs
09-09-2012, 01:09 PM

To be fair, half a season. The first half (distant memory for most I know) was OK and either on par or better than some had predicted.

Lucky the same logic wasn't applied to Wallis, who a number were ready to write off after 2011, or Addision too.

GVGjr
09-09-2012, 01:33 PM

In my opinion the level of loyalty is measured by a player or a club meeting it's contractual obligations. If Brian (who still has a contract) asked to be shopped around that's one thing but he has a contract and I think if we are to be loyal to him then we shouldn't canvas the market to see if there is any interest.

AndrewP6
09-09-2012, 01:38 PM
To be fair, half a season. The first half (distant memory for most I know) was OK and either on par or better than some had predicted.

Lucky the same logic wasn't applied to Wallis, who a number were ready to write off after 2011, or Addision too.

No offence, but I reckon that's a bit generous. There were a few games when we were OK, and long stretches when we were appalling.

On Wallis, I know some were calling time on him, but not me. As for DFA, he's a good role player, I think his success this year is more an indictment of our list than an idication of his rise.

ledge
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
In my opinion the level of loyalty is measured by a player or a club meeting it's contractual obligations. If Brian (who still has a contract) asked to be shopped around that's one thing but he has a contract and I think if we are to be loyal to him then we shouldn't canvas the market to see if there is any interest.

Actually that's why I'm ok with Eade and the club it wasn't a sacking his contract had finished both put their plans on the table and they didnt match. Which ones right or wrong is yet to be seen but I believe both were loyal to the contract and up front when the time came.

Go_Dogs
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
No offence, but I reckon that's a bit generous. There were a few games when we were OK, and long stretches when we were appalling.

On Wallis, I know some were calling time on him, but not me. As for DFA, he's a good role player, I think his success this year is more an indictment of our list than an idication of his rise.

I count 8 passable games in the first half of the season. I'm possibly an easier marker than some, or had lower expectations, I'm not sure.

I was the same with Wallis, the point was the game demands immediate results, which is often not realistic. This relates to all aspects of a footy club.

Addison is an interesting one, but I think we are now playing him in the role we should have since 2010. A number of posters were very critical of the suggestion of a defensive forward but Addison has shown a relentless thirst to contest, defend is important and also chipped in with some goals. If we had Hawthorn's forward line, he may not get a game but I think he'll be a part of our 22 for a few more years yet.

Topdog
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM

Well as I said I'm happy to give him a chance at a premiership. So of course I am assuming that he wants a crack at it which would have to be with another club. If he mentions nothing and a club asks us, I'd want our management to see what he wants. Shopping players around without their knowledge/consent never ends well

Topdog
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I count 8 passable games in the first half of the season. I'm possibly an easier marker than some, or had lower expectations, I'm not sure.

That first half was a real mixed bag. I had us down for 6 passable games.

R1 West Coast - fail
R2 Adelaide - pass
R3 St Kilda - fail
R4 Melbourne - fail
R5 GWS Giants - fail
R6 Collingwood - pass
R7 North Melbourne - pass
R8 Gold Coast - pass
R9 Geelong - pass
R10 Sydney - fail
R12 Port Adelaide - pass

The Pie Man
09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
That first half was a real mixed bag. I had us down for 6 passable games.

R1 West Coast - fail
R2 Adelaide - pass
R3 St Kilda - fail
R4 Melbourne - fail
R5 GWS Giants - fail
R6 Collingwood - pass
R7 North Melbourne - pass
R8 Gold Coast - pass
R9 Geelong - pass
R10 Sydney - fail
R12 Port Adelaide - pass

Thought we did ok in parts vs Melbourne - though not one for the highlight reel. We were pretty good for 2 1/2 quarters vs WC.

The GC game in Darwin was a fail for me, particularly the first half. We were terrible.

Other than that, largely agree

Maddog37
09-09-2012, 05:17 PM

Someone bump the record player, the needle is stuck.;)

AndrewP6
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Someone bump the record player, the needle is stuck.;)

I've thought that many times this year (particularly at press conferences) :)

Maddog37
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Touché.

Dancin' Douggy
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM

I think you may be misreading the sentiment of some posters.
Brian Lake is without a doubt the best fullback the club has ever had.
But he is only a few seasons away from retirement, and the club is at least a few seasons away from a tilt at the flag.

The club says to Brian. " If you want to go and chase a flag, then we'll do the best we can to get you to a team in contention, if you want to stay at the dogs and be a one team player, then the conversation is over".

That's how I'm reading it.
Watching Cloke monstering the Hawthorn defence, and watching Franklin do the same thing to the pies made me realise what an incredible commodity Brian is.
Teams would be lining up to pay overs for him I believe and it could be one of those win win win situations.
We get paid overs for Brian, Brian goes to chase a flag, a team in contention gets their hands on a bona fide champion full back.

Having said that, I'm happy for Brian to stay if he wants, but I think the club should give him the choice.

GVGjr
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
The club says to Brian. " If you want to go and chase a flag, then we'll do the best we can to get you to a team in contention, if you want to stay at the dogs and be a one team player, then the conversation is over".

My view is that the club should not initiate that type of discussion. They can certainly let his manager know if a club inquired about his availability but the moment you start that discussion if a deal doesn't get done the player isn't 100% behind you.

If he initiates it then it's a very different scenario.

ledge
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
My view is that the club should not initiate that type of discussion. They can certainly let his manager know if a club inquired about his availability but the moment you start that discussion if a deal doesn't get done the player isn't 100% behind you.

If he initiates it then it's a very different scenario.

Is it the club another club approaches or is it the player manager?
Them the manager approaches the player and club ? Not sure what the proceeding is.

Topdog
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Thought we did ok in parts vs Melbourne - though not one for the highlight reel. We were pretty good for 2 1/2 quarters vs WC.

The GC game in Darwin was a fail for me, particularly the first half. We were terrible.

Other than that, largely agree

gave the GC game a pass due to weather.

LostDoggy
10-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I think you may be misreading the sentiment of some posters.
Brian Lake is without a doubt the best fullback the club has ever had.
But he is only a few seasons away from retirement, and the club is at least a few seasons away from a tilt at the flag.

That's how I'm reading it.
Watching Cloke monstering the Hawthorn defence, and watching Franklin do the same thing to the pies made me realise what an incredible commodity Brian is.
Teams would be lining up to pay overs for him I believe and it could be one of those win win win situations.
We get paid overs for Brian, Brian goes to chase a flag, a team in contention gets their hands on a bona fide champion full back.

Having said that, I'm happy for Brian to stay if he wants, but I think the club should give him the choice.

You've said it better than I, Lake is a quality footballer who could be of significant value to other clubs (and we could get 'overs'), and who knows if he will stick around when he's a FA. If he wants to stay then fine, but if (as I suspect from afar) he is ambivalent, then by all means field offers. If we want to keep him super, but then at least extend his contract and get rid of the FA cloud. Don't get me wrong I don't necessarily want to get rid of him, I just don't want to lose him for less than his market value (ie like Ward and Harbrow), and sometimes you need to strike while the market is hot, particularly when you are 'refreshing' and some older players won't be around for our next tilt.

And for those worried about the niceties, its easy, we say "Brian we would like to extend your contract for another year now". Brian will either say terrific and commit, or he won't at which point we should be able to shop him to get market or above market value before he is a FA and we are left at the mercy of AFL compensation system (and we know that won't end well)

Interesting to see what happens with Minson who is our first FA....reckon he might go if say the Pies or GWS throw something juicy at him (Fantasia should have signed him by now, sh!thouse by Fantasia again)

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Interesting to see what happens with Minson who is our first FA....reckon he might go if say the Pies or GWS throw something juicy at him (Fantasia should have signed him by now, sh!thouse by Fantasia again)

As Jason McCartney is List Manager, isnt he the one responsible for the signing of Minson ?

soupman
10-09-2012, 08:24 AM
As Jason McCartney is List Manager, isnt he the one responsible for the signing of Minson ?

Nah lets blame Fantasia anyway.:rolleyes:

chef
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
And for those worried about the niceties, its easy, we say "Brian we would like to extend your contract for another year now". Brian will either say terrific and commit, or he won't at which point we should be able to shop him to get market or above market value before he is a FA and we are left at the mercy of AFL compensation system (and we know that won't end well)

Maybe he's happy just to play out his career with us and be a one club player. Maybe that's more important to him than a flag at another club.

G-Mo77
10-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Fantasia is responsible for the contract negotiations and signings though isn't he?

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Fantasia is responsible for the contract negotiations and signings though isn't he?

Not sure what the hierarchy is, but the list manager should be responsible for all of the negotiation and signing and answerable to those above him.

If Jason McCartney does not have the responsibility, he is only an addition to the recruiting team.

The List Manager should manage the list, while the Football Manager (Fantasia) should be ensuring that the job is done, not interfering in the day to day function.

The Coach SHOULD have more input than the Football Manager into what players are required.

LostDoggy
10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Nah lets blame Fantasia anyway.:rolleyes:

It doesn't really matter re Minson someone hasn't done the deal and that is ordinary.

And Fantasia is responsible one way or another, he hired McCarthy or does the contracts himself. But don't let that stop you rolling your eyes..:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Maybe he's happy just to play out his career with us and be a one club player. Maybe that's more important to him than a flag at another club.

I reckon that's a little arse about, it should be about what is good for the club first not what's good for Brian. What is good for the club is that we retain Lake beyond next year or get market or above value if he goes - we can't and should not let him get to FA stage.

chef
10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I reckon that's a little arse about, it should be about what is good for the club first not what's good for Brian. What is good for the club is that we retain Lake beyond next year or get market or above value if he goes - we can't and should not let him get to FA stage.

He's going to be 32 years old when he becomes a FA. I'm happy for Brian to wind down his career with us and forever be a untainted Bulldog rather than try and flog him off for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Loyalties a two way street, it should aways be whats best for both parties.

w3design
10-09-2012, 12:08 PM
He's going to be 32 years old when he becomes a FA. I'm happy for Brian to wind down his career with us and forever be a untainted Bulldog rather than try and flog him off for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Best post yet on the subject. Agree 100%.
Well said Chef.

bornadog
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Couldn't agree more Chef, I don't get some of these posters. lake is needed for mentoring our young backline. I don't want to see him in another jumper.

Maddog37
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
When Morris is back and some of the younger guys become a touch stronger it will be nice to have Brian floating around picking off opposition kicks.

Mantis
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Couldn't agree more Chef, I don't get some of these posters. lake is needed for mentoring our young backline. I don't want to see him in another jumper.

1/ Will he play in defence?

2/ Is he the best role model going around? Played a bit too much on his terms this year.

Hopefully Dale can get back to fitness.

bornadog
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM

2/ Is he the best role model going around? Played a bit too much on his terms this year.

Even if he is playing forward, off field he can work with the defenders. Yes dale seems like a guy that can help on field.

Nuggety Back Pocket
10-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Lake in the twilight of his career would see him being
best suited in defence. Best value could now be to take a Dustin Fletcher, Scarlett type role in not having to take the opposition's best forward, but at the same time playing an attacking role. Morris has been a huge loss this year and would help stiffen a defence that was continually under pressure this year.

Ghost Dog
10-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Lake forward. We won't be challenging for a long time ( flag ). Why rob our backline of opportunities to develop?
As said, he can work with them off field. we need a key forward. Brian can do that. Have every confidence.

BulldogBelle
10-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Brian Lake is a great player, but not the player he was. His last contract was just right for both the Dogs and Brian, and will see him come out of contract when he is about to turn 32. With Shaggy and Lindsay Gilbee retiring this year, Brian is now the oldest on our list. As far as being a FA or tradable, or even seeking a trade, I think the most likely outcome is that Brian will retire and return to Adelaide, and maybe have a one year contract offered. He still has much to offer, but more as a third tall down back, taking the ruckman than has gone forward. At his best this year, he was still beaten by the games better key forwards. That being the case, I think Brian will almost definately play out his career with the Dogs, which is a great achievement for both him and the club.

Mantis
11-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Lake forward. We won't be challenging for a long time ( flag ). Why rob our backline of opportunities to develop?
As said, he can work with them off field. we need a key forward. Brian can do that. Have every confidence.

Why rob our young forwards of the same opportunity?

Ghost Dog
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Why rob our young forwards of the same opportunity?

Why deny our forwards gametime by putting an aging Brian forward. Good point.

It would, IMO help their development.

First, he draws their premier defender. Eases their load.

Eade suggested early on that Barry could be used as a decoy in this way, but it never really happened. Barry demanded the ball with such a booming presence, his presence actually hurt the development of our forward structure. I don't think we will have this issue with Brian, and opposition coaches will def have to cover him.

Takes a strong grab, we can hopefully jag a few wins.
Provides a bit more leadership. Fills holes when Cordy and Jones gas out, as they are likely to continue to do.
Suggest he be used as a swingman.

LostDoggy
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Did I just read correctly on the HUN that Will has only been offered one year?? I reckon he'll walk and you wouldn't blame him if he did either. If he goes, we will be smashed in the ruck next year.

bornadog
11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Did I just read correctly on the HUN that Will has only been offered one year?? I reckon he'll walk and you wouldn't blame him if he did either. If he goes, we will be smashed in the ruck next year.

If this is true, I am appalled.

Ghost Dog
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM

Can't find it.

Mofra
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Link?

Surely we can't be that incompetant. We've learned from the Mulligan and Ward debarcles? Haven't we?

LostDoggy
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Link?

Surely we can't be that incompetant. We've learned from the Mulligan and Ward debarcles? Haven't we?

You have answered your own question. We are that incompetent a - Minson not signed b - Ward is gone...

And regarding Lake, yes it would be nice if a player could be a one club player, but not at the expense of the club.

A number of people are being critical of the mere suggestion that Lake could be traded. I wonder what those same people's thoughts were when Leon Cameron (probably more popular and just as good a player as Lake and also in the latter stages of his career) was traded for picks that netted Mitch Hahn and Ryan Hargrave.

The Underdog
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Link?

At the bottom of this. I find it hard to believe.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/latest-afl-trade-whispers/story-e6frf9jf-1226471340531

Mofra
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe my question was in desperation - a 1 year deal after leading the league in hit-outs, one of the few players to have enhanced his reputation this year.
Noting his 3rd place in the Woof awards, one would expect he'll place pretty well in the B&F.
A ruck in his prime. A 1 year deal. An aggressive blocker whio throws his weight around, with a young midfield who need bigger bodies around them.

I am staggered.

The Pie Man
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Maybe my question was in desperation - a 1 year deal after leading the league in hit-outs, one of the few players to have enhanced his reputation this year.
Noting his 3rd place in the Woof awards, one would expect he'll place pretty well in the B&F.
A ruck in his prime. A 1 year deal. An aggressive blocker whio throws his weight around, with a young midfield who need bigger bodies around them.

I am staggered.

Likewise - this can't be true can it?

I can't find the words for this.

Bulldog4life
11-09-2012, 01:35 PM

I am staggered.

The HUN is like SEN. I take little notice of either of them.

bornadog
11-09-2012, 02:09 PM
From the HUN:D on Carlton players:

The rest of list will be ultimately decided by Malthouse, with players such as Paul Bower, Andrew Collins, Marcus Davies, David Ellard, Aaron Joseph and Kane Lucas anxiously awaiting their futures.

And it’s anticipated one of ruckmen Robbie Warnock or Shaun Hampson will attract the interest of other clubs during the extended three-week trade period.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
At the bottom of this. I find it hard to believe.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/latest-afl-trade-whispers/story-e6frf9jf-1226471340531

Unbelievable if true.
Why even bother insulting him, might as well just tell him straight out he can go via free agency with the club's blessing.
If we lose Will, we will almost certainly have an even more pathetic season in 2013.

LostDoggy
11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry guys, should have included a link in my first post. To quote Terry Wallace - if this is true "I'll spew up". Will has been one of the shing lights this year and is a big hard experienced body, which we will absolutley need going forward with our young group of players. Hurry up and sort this s**t out dogs!

bornadog
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry guys, should have included a link in my first post. To quote Terry Wallace - if this is true "I'll spew up". Will has been one of the shing lights this year and is a big hard experienced body, which we will absolutley need going forward with our young group of players. Hurry up and sort this s**t out dogs!

BMY1uKMpiRI

Nuggety Back Pocket
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Why deny our forwards gametime by putting an aging Brian forward. Good point.

It would, IMO help their development.

First, he draws their premier defender. Eases their load.

Eade suggested early on that Barry could be used as a decoy in this way, but it never really happened. Barry demanded the ball with such a booming presence, his presence actually hurt the development of our forward structure. I don't think we will have this issue with Brian, and opposition coaches will def have to cover him.

Takes a strong grab, we can hopefully jag a few wins.
Provides a bit more leadership. Fills holes when Cordy and Jones gas out, as they are likely to continue to do.
Suggest he be used as a swingman.

The idea of Hall being a booming presence was largely due to a lack of other quality forwards. Lake going forward would be a stop gap measure only and does little to shape a forward line for the future. Our huge task is to some how find two key forwards or at least one to help increase the effectiveness of other forwards such as Dahlhaus and Dickson. Losing our final 11 games only showed how ineffective our attack has become.

Ghost Dog
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
The idea of Hall being a booming presence was largely due to a lack of other quality forwards. Lake going forward would be a stop gap measure only and does little to shape a forward line for the future. Our huge task is to some how find two key forwards or at least one to help increase the effectiveness of other forwards such as Dahlhaus and Dickson. Losing our final 11 games only showed how ineffective our attack has become.

We are a long way off a flag. Miles and Miles. And in the meantime, we need to win games. It's a business, cashflow is the lifeblood and good footy and wins are the only ways to get bums on seats.
If you draw the number one defender and allow your kids to work over the second and third defender, how is this not supporting them for the future? It's not like you can't shove him down back when you need to as well.
Last season you had Brad J come out and say having to take the number one defender was ruining Grant's development as a player. So why not move Brian down there to help out?

LostDoggy
11-09-2012, 10:47 PM
BMY1uKMpiRI

HaHa nice!

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Webberly or Browne from Richmond. Comments?
From reports, two good performers from the VFL, unable to get a game.
No idea about either myself.

Mantis
12-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Discards from Richmond = Pass.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Discards from Richmond = Pass.

Have you or anyone else ever seen or know anything about these players?

Mantis
12-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Have you or anyone else ever seen or know anything about these players?
Players get delisted for all sorts of reasons. Especially at Richmond.

Seen a bit of both.

Browne is a developing ruckman, we have plenty of them and he wouldn't be as good as our worst one.

Webberley is a small defender who has shown very little.

Pass on both.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Seen a bit of both.

Browne is a developing ruckman, we have plenty of them and he wouldn't be as good as our worst one.

Pass on both.

Thanks Mantis.
Not sure if anyone saw this article written in March.
From a stats point of view, points to the Hawks as being 2012 premiers, talks about their draft history and strategy. Fortuitous.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/numbers-personnel-point-to-the-hawks-20120229-1u3go.html

LostDoggy
12-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Seen a bit of both.

Pass on both.

Agreed, although one thing about Webberley is he knows how to use the football. Just doesn't get it often enough.

Desipura
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
A poster mentioned that we are eyeing off a player form one of the franchises (according to Jason McCartney). I would not be surprised if it is Hoskin Elliott as he still has not signed from what I can gather.
Makes sense to get a player back from them, can play a bit as well!
GWS signes 8 players according to the AFL website, he is not in that group.

Mofra
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Browne - we have enough of his type
Webberly - had the odd good game, but personally I'd rather upgrade JJ than take Webberly.

Of course, I struggle to be objective when discussing JJ - I really like the kid and think he'll develop well for us

Mofra
12-09-2012, 10:54 AM
A poster mentioned that we are eyeing off a player form one of the franchises (according to Jason McCartney). I would not be surprised if it is Hoskin Elliott as he still has not signed from what I can gather.
I'd be happy to get H-E, the type of player we lack on the list

LostDoggy
12-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Seen a bit of both.

Pass on both.

Same here. Seen both a few times. Honest toilers; Browne, especially, is spud-like. At this point of team development, we're better off drafting good kids and teaching them how to play than trading for other clubs' discards and hoping we can teach them how to play better.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM

XikQRdDszLY
A snippet on this player above. Lightly built, but a good long kick.
Some other vision on YT.

SyHKNq0jRnw

aWhsK4L9hps

Sort of reminds me of Fletcher Roberts.

KT31
12-09-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XikQRdDszLY

Some other vision on YT.

I just get a white box.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I just get a white box.

Sorry Try now

ledge
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I want Hoskin Elliot on our list.

LostDoggy
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I want Hoskin Elliot on our list.

Happy to part with either draft pick to make this happen. Perfect selection for our needs

GVGjr
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM

He would have signed a two year deal maybe even a 3 year deal.
GC players are the ones starting to come out of contract

DOG GOD
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
What is it about Hoskin-Elliot? To me he just looks like a bean pole version of Cale Morton. I, for one, would not want to give up our first round picks for him. Maybe I'm not watching enough games, but has he actually done anything this year?

ledge
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
What is it about Hoskin-Elliot? To me he just looks like a bean pole version of Cale Morton. I, for one, would not want to give up our first round picks for him. Maybe I'm not watching enough games, but has he actually done anything this year?

I'm Not saying give up a first round pick I have no idea what deal it would take to get him I just think he has huge potential and if he was interested in coming to us I would love to see him.
Maybe trades , Minson for example if he has made up his mind he is going I would take that.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Haven't seen much of him either, but what I did see didn't impress me a great deal. Agree he looked similar to Morton.

Desipura
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
He would have signed a two year deal maybe even a 3 year deal.
GC players are the ones starting to come out of contract

Assuming it is a 2 year contract. If Hoskin Elliott clearly wants to come home ( not saying this is the case), would it not make sense for GWS to trade him now rather than wait until his contract expires?

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM

Was All Australian in the TAC. if that counts. Have no idea. I fear lightly built players now.

GVGjr
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Assuming it is a 2 year contract. If Hoskin Elliott clearly wants to come home ( not saying this is the case), would it not make sense for GWS to trade him now rather than wait until his contract expires?

I think they would back themselves to turn his thoughts around. I'd certainly wait.

Sedat
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Was All Australian in the TAC. if that counts. Have no idea. I fear lightly built players now.
Do you fear Lewis Jetta? I fear him when he plays against us.

Morton is not overly quick and he certainly doesn't fit the 'crack in' mantra. He is the classic in-betweener - opposition mids burn him off and he's nowhere near strong enough or have that competitive animal instinct to develop into a KPP. If Hoskin-Elliot has elite skills and is elite with his pace, I would love his type at our club. I'll defer to those that have seen more of him in action than me.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Morton is not overly quick and he certainly doesn't fit the 'crack in' mantra. He is the classic in-betweener - opposition mids burn him off and he's nowhere near strong enough or have that competitive animal instinct to develop into a KPP. If Hoskin-Elliot has elite skills and is elite with his pace, I would love his type at our club. I'll defer to those that have seen more of him in action than me.

Yes I fear Lewis Jetta. Cuts us to shreds!
I take your point. Let me rephrase that. I fear selecting them only when WE pick them! Farren Ray, Grant, etc etc

Greystache
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

That's the issue for me, he's not quick, not quick at all. He is elite for endurance (top 1%) but a skinny midfielder without pace is a concern for me. Good judges rate him highly, but he could also be another Farren Ray.

Maddog37
12-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Or another Robbie Flower.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Or another Robbie Flower.

More of a chance he is the former.

The comparison with Morton, for mine, is a very good one from what I've seen.

BulldogBelle
12-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Watched him come through and I was very suprised he went so highly. I think in an uncompromised draft he would have slipped a fair way back. Outside player, skinny, not that quick, not overly skilled. A good ordinary player. However, I have heard he wants to return home.
We often talk on here about loyalty and how much of a virtue it is. I personally don't think much of any player who says thanks for the opportunity to play AFL, but I'm out of here. Especially if you go in the top 10.

FrediKanoute
13-09-2012, 12:12 AM
We often talk on here about loyalty and how much of a virtue it is. I personally don't think much of any player who says thanks for the opportunity to play AFL, but I'm out of here. Especially if you go in the top 10.

I take your point, but its also a little different. In the last 2 seasons a significant number of players have been drafted by 2 teams, which means more players than normal went interstate (from Victoria). Also their deals are all likely to mature at the same time, meaning that GWS and GCS can't fit all in their salary caps. Most clubs have a degree of attrition in terms of draftees, this is nothing different except that their draftees are generally pretty exceptional.

jeemak
13-09-2012, 01:39 AM
XikQRdDszLY
Some other vision on YT.

SyHKNq0jRnw

aWhsK4L9hps

Sort of reminds me of Fletcher Roberts.

These clips show a very smart player, with pace (of mind and thought) as well as foot skill and ball reading ability.

Can anyone around here tell us more about him? Having a great Beep result is one thing, but does he actually have sustainable repeat effor ability on the back of maturing into a body that can compete?

I'll be honest and say from looking at him on the clips above and one or two others I've seen he looks like a footballer of high quality.

KT31
13-09-2012, 09:26 AM
From the clips he looks like he would easily be in our best 22, ready made player and will improve the side next season.
Just comes down to price.

Bulldog Revolution
13-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Hoskin Elliot looks like a suped up version of Isaac Smith to me rather than Cale Morton

Regardless he wont be going anywhere this year

Mofra
13-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Nathan Buckley worked out well for Collingwood. Soemtimes players have a club or state they want to play in.

bulldogsman
13-09-2012, 12:08 PM
These clips show a very smart player, with pace (of mind and thought) as well as foot skill and ball reading ability.

Can anyone around here tell us more about him? Having a great Beep result is one thing, but does he actually have sustainable repeat effor ability on the back of maturing into a body that can compete?

I'll be honest and say from looking at him on the clips above and one or two others I've seen he looks like a footballer of high quality.

I had him at 6 in my phantom draft last year. Plays more like a Fyfe rather then a Jetta.

- Rarely fumbles
- very good overhead mark
- Reads the play well
- Links up well
- Tested good in the repeat sprints and really well for endurance. He doesn't have elite pace though, has elite endurance 15.12 in beep test, 9.53 for 3km (2nd best in combine)
- Uses the ball pretty well, makes smart decisions. Wouldn't put him in the elite category though
- Did a good defensive job in at least one game I saw in the champs, so has that ability
- Has the ability to win contested ball, but doesn't win enough of it. Can have some very quiet games because of this
- Has a very quiet personality according to Emma Quayle.

He was picked up at 4 last year, so we would have to give up pick 6 at the very least if we want him.

azabob
13-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Does the trading for mini draft pick happening during the trade period as surely that will have an impact what we do.

I would think we would want to keep one of our first two picks.

Go_Dogs
13-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Does the trading for mini draft pick happening during the trade period as surely that will have an impact what we do.

Yes it does.

It's hard to say whether we should or would want to keep one of them. If we could get Martin and Hoskin Elliott with those picks, that may be a better outcome than getting say, Toumpass/Plowman/Mayes etc. Hoskin Elliott would play a lot of footy for us in 2013, and we know how highly Martin is rated.

always right
13-09-2012, 11:44 PM

If we get Browne then it's time to close the club. The biggest spud of a ruckman I've seen in the last twenty years. His biggest attribute is that sometimes he gets in the way of the opposition ruckman.

LostDoggy
14-09-2012, 12:23 AM

Worth every inch of pick 5 or 6 in my opinion. We need a fyfe like player to compliment the in and unders. Only wish he was slightly better at burst playing but he's a cracker who will only improve in coming years.

jeemak
14-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I had him at 6 in my phantom draft last year. Plays more like a Fyfe rather then a Jetta.

- Rarely fumbles
- very good overhead mark
- Reads the play well
- Links up well
- Tested good in the repeat sprints and really well for endurance. He doesn't have elite pace though, has elite endurance 15.12 in beep test, 9.53 for 3km (2nd best in combine)
- Uses the ball pretty well, makes smart decisions. Wouldn't put him in the elite category though
- Did a good defensive job in at least one game I saw in the champs, so has that ability
- Has the ability to win contested ball, but doesn't win enough of it. Can have some very quiet games because of this
- Has a very quiet personality according to Emma Quayle.

He was picked up at 4 last year, so we would have to give up pick 6 at the very least if we want him.

Thank you mate.

I don't see an issue in giving up a top ten pick for him if we think he's had a good development year.

From what you've said his handling, decision making, overhead and linking up skills are desperately what we need in the side. If he's developed on another well resourced clubs payroll and can come to us after having a taste then I think using pick six on him wouldn't be the worst thing we could do. It might also off-set some of the ground we'd lose by picking an underage player in the mini draft with our other first rounder.

Food for thought I suppose.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Moles is the latest to be delisted. Brings our total list changes to 6

Ghost Dog
14-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Good luck Brodie and thanks. Highlight, running goal V Sydney in Canberra 2011

tMXXCYInMbQ

The Underdog
14-09-2012, 01:51 PM

Gilbee, Hargrave, Mulligan, Hooper, Moles is 5. Who is the sixth?

bornadog
14-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Gilbee, Hargrave, Mulligan, Hooper, Moles is 5. Who is the sixth?

DJ retired

Lets hope we add a few more.

The Underdog
14-09-2012, 01:58 PM
DJ retired

Funny the club didn't announce it with the others. Not like he needs a presser and a send off.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-09-2012, 02:01 PM
DJ retired

who are you hoping will be added to the list BAD?

bornadog
14-09-2012, 02:02 PM
who are you hoping will be added to the list BAD?

At minimum, Vez and maybe even Skinner.

G-Mo77
14-09-2012, 02:08 PM
6 spots now and I'd assume we'll see 2 of the rookies upgraded maybe 3. We've got to either cut a little deeper or trade players out for picks. 5 picks minimum IMO, would prefer 6.

DOG GOD
14-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Could Sherman and grant be traded for picks?

bulldogsthru&thru
14-09-2012, 02:10 PM

agreed on Vez. I think all the delistings so far have been fairly predicatble and i would have thought Vez was a part of that.

The rest with questions marks over them (Panos, Hill, Skinner, possibly Sherman and even Grant as a trade) will be the interesting ones.

G-Mo77
14-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Yeah they can. I think we can trade for picks in future drafts now. I'll need someone to clarify that.

I'm hoping Sherman is one that gets moved on, 3rd rounder would be great, 4th is probably about his worth. Grant I think will stay on.

DOG GOD
14-09-2012, 02:18 PM
To me, it doesn't seem like Sherman or grant is in bmac's plans. Could maybe see gws or gcoast interested in both.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-09-2012, 02:33 PM

The next 'batch' will be interesting.

Panos, Hill, Vez and Skinner are on the cusp.

Personally I would add Markovic to that group, but the coching staff disagree.

The Underdog
14-09-2012, 02:35 PM
The next 'batch' will be interesting.

Panos, Hill, Vez and Skinner are on the cusp.

Personally I would add Markovic to that group, but the coching staff disagree.

Yeah, I don't see the point in having Markovic there either but they clearly are going to keep him.

LostDoggy
14-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Trading Grant would be lunacy.
He'll be snapped up but we'll be screwed for his worth.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I can see us trading Sherman in a deal similar to the Ray/Hill ones.

bornadog
14-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I can see us trading Sherman in a deal similar to the Ray/Hill ones.

I know we are looking for a young player from another club, so he may end up at GC or GWS in a trade, which could be a win win.

LostDoggy
14-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Personally hoping that Hill and Panos don't go. Really liked what I've seen late in the season with the two working together in the Willi forward line. For all those pushing up Gumbleton I feel Hill is a very similar player who costs us nothing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-09-2012, 03:58 PM
DJ retired

Where has it been mentioned that DJ has retired?

Hotdog60
14-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Personally hoping that Hill and Panos don't go. Really liked what I've seen late in the season with the two working together in the Willi forward line. For all those pushing up Gumbleton I feel Hill is a very similar player who costs us nothing.

When everything went to water this is the combo we should have tried after the Jones ruck combo lost flavor.

bornadog
14-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Where has it been mentioned that DJ has retired?

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11127

by TCD, I have no reason to doubt him.

Mofra
14-09-2012, 04:24 PM
For all those pushing up Gumbleton I feel Hill is a very similar player who costs us nothing.
In what way?
Gumby is the only key forward in the comp that has Nick Riewoldt's tank.
I don't think Hill has anywhere near his running ability.

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-09-2012, 04:26 PM
You would have thought Hill and Panos given our poor forward line would have been tried during the season. My understanding is that Hill is likely to be retained rather than Panos.

Eastdog
14-09-2012, 04:31 PM
You would have thought Hill and Panos given our poor forward line would have been tried during the season. My understanding is that Hill is likely to be retained rather than Panos.

Me too. I was crying out at one stage for us to give Panos s game. Why do you think Panos wont be retained.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-09-2012, 04:34 PM
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11127

by TCD, I have no reason to doubt him.

Thanks BAD. hadn't seen that.

LostDoggy
14-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Me too. I was crying out at one stage for us to give Panos s game. Why do you think Panos wont be retained.

Find it strange that the club saw enough in him to elevate him, yet haven't given him a go in a forward line where just about everybody else has been tried??

Eastdog
14-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Find it strange that the club saw enough in him to elevate him, yet haven't given him a go in a forward line where just about everybody else has been tried??

After his elevation I thought that he would definitely debut this season. I thought we should have given him a try as our forward line was shocking.

G-Mo77
14-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Could maybe see gws or gcoast interested in both.

I honestly don't care where he goes as long as it's not here.

LostDoggy
14-09-2012, 06:00 PM
In what way?
Gumby is the only key forward in the comp that has Nick Riewoldt's tank.
I don't think Hill has anywhere near his running ability.

I know there are wraps on Gumbys tank but quite frankly I haven't seen it (maybe thats because he can't get on the park). Hill is a similar size, I think Hills hands are better and his kicking just as good. If we are looking at a full forward rather than CHF in the Riewoldt mold I'd prefer to stick with Hill.

Mofra
14-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I know there are wraps on Gumbys tank but quite frankly I haven't seen it (maybe thats because he can't get on the park). Hill is a similar size, I think Hills hands are better and his kicking just as good. If we are looking at a full forward rather than CHF in the Riewoldt mold I'd prefer to stick with Hill.
I'd hope so, but given debuts were handed out like confetti this year and he wasn't even named as an emergency I am unconvinced.

DOG GOD
14-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Any chance of getting Trent mckenzie? Maybe give gcoast Sherman AND Grant :)

Sockeye Salmon
14-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Any chance of getting Trent mckenzie? Maybe give gcoast Sherman AND Grant :)

Would you pay pick 5? That's what he'd cost.

FrediKanoute
14-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Trading Grant would be lunacy.
He'll be snapped up but we'll be screwed for his worth.

Chops I agree. I think that one would hurt us.

However, for the right price.....no one is safe

Maddog37
14-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Lachy Hanson from North also apparently has a tank similar to Reiwolt but having it and using it are different things. I would have Gumby no worries but not for any great cost. I would trade Shermo for him but not Grant for example.

Greystache
14-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Lachy Hanson from North also apparently has a tank similar to Reiwolt but having it and using it are different things. I would have Gumby no worries but not for any great cost. I would trade Shermo for him but not Grant for example.

Essendon could actually use a player like Sherman but I doubt knowing Essendon it would get the job done. Gumbleton's other concern outside of injury issues is he's a pretty average kick with a dodgy ball drop. We have quite a bit of that already.

I've said in other threads I'd be open to getting Gumbleton but it would need to cost very little, he has upside but there's no certainty it'll ever be realised.

DOG GOD
14-09-2012, 10:21 PM

Well SS, it seems like some would pay pick 5 for Hoskin-Elliot, so yeah I might do pick 5 for mckenzie.

jeemak
15-09-2012, 02:44 AM
I honestly don't care where he goes as long as it's not here.

I'm not really sure we'd get a great deal for him, and if we did trade him out I'd be concerned about our inability to turn him in to a player that can provide value to our club, considering his talent and our current coaching panel's ethos of being educators. Afterall, if anyone needs educating it's Justin Sherman.

He played some excellent football for us prior to the racism issue last year, and I can't help but think that his deterioration as a player has been just as much a fault of the club as it has been of his.

Of course, without being close enough it's hard to tell, and either way, things need to turn around pretty quickly for him.

Maddog37
15-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Mav Weller anyone? Leaving the Suns according to the Hun.

ledge
15-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Hayden Jolley too

ledge
15-09-2012, 01:31 PM
How bad is Ben Nason going from AFL list to Central Districts reserves in the SANFL

Mofra
15-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Hanson would probably be our best forward.

Today's game so far shows us how much potential Roberts has though - well ahead of Panos & Hill for mine.

Doc26
15-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Does make you wonder what phase 2 compensation concoction the AFL will soon manufacture to prop up a leaking Gold Coast Sun's ? Whatever it is somehow we'll again be on the wrong end of it.

mjp
15-09-2012, 07:25 PM

I would pay pick 5 for McKenzie in a heartbeat.

BulldogBelle
15-09-2012, 10:06 PM
How bad is Ben Nason going from AFL list to Central Districts reserves in the SANFL

Not surprised. i think he was plucked from the SANFL reserves on potential. Good one Richmond. :)

bulldogsman
15-09-2012, 11:48 PM

Yes please.

We would have to massive overs to get him since he's still contracted. Suns would probably want picks 5 & 6.

Throughandthrough
15-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Hayden Jolley too

No thanks

Bulldog Revolution
16-09-2012, 01:19 AM

Id be looking to give them pick 6, but i would also do it

Is exactly what we need, has had two years of development

Greystache
16-09-2012, 02:22 AM

Really?

Kicks the ball will but haven't seen him do anything else. Would he offer anything to a team that wasn't already up top?

immortalmike
16-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Looks like Minson is going to re-sign for a couple of years.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we...kman-will-minson/story-fnelctok-1226474866121

G-Mo77
16-09-2012, 09:37 AM

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we...kman-will-minson/story-fnelctok-1226474866121

That's great news. I won't celebrate with until it's official although Jay Clarke is usually pretty reliable.

No surprise the one year offer was complete rubbish. Surprised so many took it as gospel.

LostDoggy
16-09-2012, 09:42 AM
That's great news. I won't celebrate with until it's official although Jay Clarke is usually pretty reliable.

No surprise the one year offer was complete rubbish. Surprised so many took it as gospel.

I think people were just nervous because of the little faith they have in our guys getting deals done. Awesome if he re-signs!

Bulldog Joe
16-09-2012, 11:45 AM

The way I read that is the Suns are not sure if they want him.

Would be surprised if he wanted out as his family moved to the Gold Coast from Tas since he debuted. Has a younger brother showing great promise.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Really?

Kicks the ball will but haven't seen him do anything else. Would he offer anything to a team that wasn't already up top?

Agreed, this guy is tragically overrated based on his performances so far.

Even his kicking is a bit hit and miss at times.

whythelongface
17-09-2012, 09:17 AM

Great news if true, though would prefer a three year contract. Could be two year with an option for a further year.

Pickenitup
17-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Koby Stevens anyone looks likely to leave WCE

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Essendon could actually use a player like Sherman but I doubt knowing Essendon it would get the job done. Gumbleton's other concern outside of injury issues is he's a pretty average kick with a dodgy ball drop. We have quite a bit of that already.

I've said in other threads I'd be open to getting Gumbleton but it would need to cost very little, he has upside but there's no certainty it'll ever be realised.

I find it hard to understand why you would think Essendon would be interested in Sherman after two very ordinary years at the WB.
Gumbleton hasn't shown any where enough to think he could lift our forward woes.

Greystache
17-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I find it hard to understand why you would think Essendon would be interested in Sherman after two very ordinary years at the WB.
Gumbleton hasn't shown any where enough to think he could lift our forward woes.

When playing well he's a pacy outside goal kicker, something they really lack. Whether he's capable of delivering anything is a different matter.

Gumbleton presents and leads up hard, something our other forwards didn't do other than Williams briefly, I wouldn't offer much for him but he could add something.

bornadog
18-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Koby Stevens rumoured to want to come back to Melbourne, any interest?

AndrewP6
18-09-2012, 12:03 AM

There must be some... :D

Koby Stevens anyone looks likely to leave WCE

The Bulldogs Bite
18-09-2012, 12:08 AM

I commented on this about a week ago but got no bites!

I like Koby as a player and think he could do well at another club, but realistically, we don't need him. We have quite a few inside mids and the possibility of another (Hunter).

It's a shame, somewhat, as I think he can play.

bornadog
18-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I commented on this about a week ago but got no bites!

I like Koby as a player and think he could do well at another club, but realistically, we don't need him. We have quite a few inside mids and the possibility of another (Hunter).

It's a shame, somewhat, as I think he can play.

Sorry so many names, forgot that you had discussed previously.

There must be some... :D

Thanks Andrew

azabob
18-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Trent Dennis-Lane- he is someone I'd try and get. He has the ability to kick goals and is an ok lead and mark type player. He would complement Dickson nicely.

Peoples thoughts?

LostDoggy
18-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Trent Dennis-Lane- he is someone I'd try and get. He has the ability to kick goals and is an ok lead and mark type player. He would complement Dickson nicely.

Peoples thoughts?

A modern day Mc Mahon.

No thanks

Dry Rot
18-09-2012, 03:12 PM
There seems to be a bit of support here to get Stringer.

Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned that we're going into 2013 with a raft of players with real injury concerns?

I'm not thinking someone like Cross who hopefully will be fine but rather Cooney, Morris, Williams, Higgins and Gia who looks done.

whythelongface
18-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned that we're going into 2013 with a raft of players with real injury concerns?

I'm not thinking someone like Cross who hopefully will be fine but rather Cooney, Morris, Williams, Higgins and Gia who looks done.

It is always a major concern especially considering our lack of depth and experience to cover these positions.

IMO Cooney, Morris and Williams are the main concern. Cooney obviously with his on-going problem; Morris well we will see if he has the confidence to get back to his pre-injury level and whether his leg stands up. Williams - well he is just injury prone. He has showed what he is capable of at both ends of the ground. If only he could stay fit.

I don't know about Gia - don't think it is a problem with injuries just that father time is catching up with him. The problem is that he is one of our main goal scorers and is probably still required. Higgins seemed to be travelling well up until his latest injury - wasn't it only a hammy so he should recover from. So not too concerned about Higgo.

Mofra
18-09-2012, 03:56 PM

Are they linked issues though?

I don't think we should be drafting with a view predominately on 2013 performance by our draftees.

Nuggety Back Pocket
18-09-2012, 05:27 PM

Cooney's long term future must be in doubt. Williams has been injury prone as long as he has been at the club. Higgins ditto. You would like to think Morris will return but given the extent of his injury and age you would have to say that it would be difficult for him. Gia looked a spent force in many of his games this year and you wouldn't think he is going to get any better. These are all experienced players which considering the youth of our team is a major concern.Cross is very durable and you would hope that he will strip fit again.

Bulldog Revolution
18-09-2012, 06:44 PM

I'd take Stringer with our third pick (second round) but not sooner

KT31
18-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd take Stringer with our third pick (second round) but not sooner

If this is in reguards to the Cats, Jesse Stringer.
No thanks.
History of injuries and his assault last season.

GVGjr
18-09-2012, 07:28 PM
If this is in reguards to the Cats, Jesse Stringer.
No thanks.
History of injuries and his assault last season.

Jake Stringer

Greystache
18-09-2012, 08:36 PM
No relation either.

F'scary
18-09-2012, 10:32 PM

An important point. With the exception of the player Morris, they are all malfunctioning due to component over use and design faults. A decision needs to be made immediately about player Giansiracusa. He may need to be deactivated.

AndrewP6
18-09-2012, 11:09 PM
An important point. With the exception of the player Morris, they are all malfunctioning due to component over use and design faults. A decision needs to be made immediately about player Giansiracusa. He may need to be deactivated.

I believe "player Giansiracusa" is contracted. Won't happen.

azabob
18-09-2012, 11:23 PM
I believe "player Giansiracusa" is contracted. Won't happen.

Has been reported on a basement wage, so perhaps it could be done. Reality is though he was our most dangerous forward option all year! Either we look at it not a great situation to be in.

jeemak
18-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Has been reported on a basement wage, so perhaps it could be done. Reality is though he was our most dangerous forward option all year! Either we look at it not a great situation to be in.

The beautiful thing about it though he's likely to be our most dangerous one next year as well, failing that, the second most dangerous and he's going to cop more crap from the sidelines than he's copped in years when he wasn't in that position.

Funny how things work, and I'm almost horrified by some of the things that are likely to be said about him amongst the crowd next year.