PDA

View Full Version : Fevola - The definitive thread

LostDoggy
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Foreward: I have always rate Fev. I have seen him tear us, and other, apart on numerous occassions.

I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......

I dont think anyone will look at him.

We have a massive hole with a KPF with Hall retiring.

Jones is still realistically 2=3 years off being a dominate KPF - if he gets to that

SO - Fev. Rookie pick. Pay him base plus match payments etc (if plce comes up which every team gets at least one)

He could: Bring along the development of Jones/Roughead/Hill/Pano/Grant with his knowledge of positioning/bodywork/experience, and this is the big one as above.... many KPs jave been resigned his season - i cant think of any that will be on the market (that are established), the gap, as above, will be 2-3 seasons before it's "possibly" filled.

Could he run a onfield/off-field) like say Hahn did this season "on-field mentor"?

Is it worth it for lose change?

We turned around Hall - granted problems - could Fev finish on a high?

ledge
11-09-2011, 06:57 PM
MRM I have been accused of drinking when I post, come join me. :)
31 years old, its the other side of him that well outweighs what he could bring to a footy club on the field.
He could do a lot more damage off field at a club, just watching him yesterday is enough.

LostDoggy
11-09-2011, 07:04 PM
MRM I have been accused of drinking when I post, come join me. :)
31 years old, its the other side of him that well outweighs what he could bring to a footy club on the field.
He could do a lot more damage off field at a club, just watching him yesterday is enough.

Ledge. I was so disappointed in him yesterday (after the above reason alreadly posted). I guess i want to know - if not him - then who else is out there? I know of a bloke in the BFL (there was a article about him and others in the HS last week IIRC) but he's an unknown at AFL level.

We're going to struggle to kick goals. No two ways about it.

ledge
11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I have no idea who is out there, hopefully a young kid in the SANFL or WAFL kicking bags and all the other AFL clubs are blind?

westdog54
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
We're going to struggle to kick goals. No two ways about it.

To be quite frank I don't see the situation improving with Fev on the Senior list, let alone as a Rookie that we have to rely on a long term injury to promote.

Like it or not, guys like Jones, Grant and Roughead simply have to learn the hard way to be key forwards.

There was a time where Fev had some semplance of work ethic drive that allowed him to take advantage of his plentiful talent. That time is long gone and it was evidenced yesterday. He relies too heavily on things going right to perform at his best, whereas Barry basically carried us for the last month or so.

I'd be staggeringly dissapointed if as a club we even thought about going down this path

comrade
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Even if we were smack bang on the cusp of a premiership, I wouldn't touch him. Given the fact that we're in for a few years of rebuilding, he would add nothing to our long term aspirations.

Pass and allow our kids to develop with the responsibility.

Bulldog Revolution
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......

Its classic Fev he says the right things, but his actions don't back it up. If he was really serious he would not be in the condition he is in.

I hope he gets his life back on track but I don't think he will be playing AFL footy in 2012.

chef
11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I have no idea who is out there, hopefully a young kid in the SANFL or WAFL kicking bags and all the other AFL clubs are blind?

Gunston or Lisle are the two I would be after and both would be affordable and available.

LostDoggy
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Gunston or Lisle are the two I would be after and both would be affordable and available.

What do you think they'll go for (temptation-wise)?

mjp
11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Since this is the definitive Fevola thread, shouldn't it say somewhere that he has never been part of a successful side...Carlton made all kinds of concessions for his behaviour because of his 'talent', yet missed the 8 year after year after year.

Brisbane gave away Bradshaw - who basically won them a final AGAINST Carlton with his amazing last quarter - to get Fev and we all know how that ended.

And further to all that, without Hall in 2009 we scored 2378 points...since his arrival, we have scored 2174 and 2060 points. So who is to say that with Hall's departure we will score less goals? And even if we do, so what? Sydney and St Kilda scored less points than us and played finals, Richmond scored more and finished lower down the ladder.

It doesn't really matter how many points you score - as long it is as least 1 more than the opposition!

bornadog
11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Fev - no, no no.

LostDoggy
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Since this is the definitive Fevola thread, shouldn't it say somewhere that he has never been part of a successful side...Carlton made all kinds of concessions for his behaviour because of his 'talent', yet missed the 8 year after year after year.

Brisbane gave away Bradshaw - who basically won them a final AGAINST Carlton with his amazing last quarter - to get Fev and we all know how that ended.

And further to all that, without Hall in 2009 we scored 2378 points...since his arrival, we have scored 2174 and 2060 points. So who is to say that with Hall's departure we will score less goals? And even if we do, so what? Sydney and St Kilda scored less points than us and played finals, Richmond scored more and finished lower down the ladder.

It doesn't really matter how many points you score - as long it is as least 1 more than the opposition!

Granted mjp, you can add that where you want, but no player has been part of a successful Bulldogs side since 1961.
IMO you still need at least one kp forward. I think history has showed that - especially with us as that has generally been our downfall

BulldogBelle
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Sheedy and the GWS Goons should recruit Fev for the publicity factor

He will liven up their road trips after being routinely pumped by 80+ points

westdog54
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Granted mjp, you can add that where you want, but no player has been part of a successful Bulldogs side since 1961.
IMO you still need at least one kp forward. I think history has showed that - especially with us as that has generally been our downfall

The difference is that today was Carlton's first finals win in ten years. In the time that Fev was on their list they won three wooden spoons. We've played in 6 finals series' and 3 prelims.

When it comes to key forwards I'd rather give Jones the responsibility than take such a massive risk with Fevola.

ledge
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
The difference is that today was Carlton's first finals win in ten years. In the time that Fev was on their list they won three wooden spoons. We've played in 6 finals series' and 3 prelims.

When it comes to key forwards I'd rather give Jones the responsibility than take such a massive risk with Fevola.

Harder to kick 80 goals a year in a bottom side than a top one, you cant go basing one player on a whole teams performance.
Facts are he had the abillity to be anything but his brain fades and ego finally took over from his talent and case closed.

mjp
11-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Huh? 2008 and 2009 we finished top 4 and played off for a spot in the GF. We added Hall in 2010 and that didn't make a lick of difference.

Adding Fev wont make a difference to our current predicament.

As I have said on countless occassions - after the 2008 finals it was all about our lack of key backs holding us back - and Williams became a more permanent part of the group. Then after the 2009 finals it was lack of key forwards. So we added Hall. Then after 2010, apparently we were pre-season flag favorites....but that didn't exactly work out for us.

One player wont change a single thing.

MrMahatma
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Panos? Lead, mark, goal. Same as Fev.

Bulldog Revolution
12-09-2011, 12:22 AM

I've gone on the record in other threads on Fev stating that he is incapable of being part of a successful team. He cannot function as part of a successful team.

Fev plays for Fev alone

Remi Moses
12-09-2011, 01:12 AM
A definitive NO!!!!!

Bulldog4life
12-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Foreward: I have always rate Fev. I have seen him tear us, and other, apart on numerous occassions.

I dont think anyone will look at him.

We have a massive hole with a KPF with Hall retiring.

Jones is still realistically 2=3 years off being a dominate KPF - if he gets to that

SO - Fev. Rookie pick. Pay him base plus match payments etc (if plce comes up which every team gets at least one)

He could: Bring along the development of Jones/Roughead/Hill/Pano/Grant with his knowledge of positioning/bodywork/experience, and this is the big one as above.... many KPs jave been resigned his season - i cant think of any that will be on the market (that are established), the gap, as above, will be 2-3 seasons before it's "possibly" filled.

Could he run a onfield/off-field) like say Hahn did this season "on-field mentor"?

Is it worth it for lose change?

We turned around Hall - granted problems - could Fev finish on a high?

No! I watched the game too. The bolded reasons show that Fev hasn't changed one iota.

chef
12-09-2011, 08:51 AM

Crows stripped Gunston of award
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/crows-stripped-gunston-of-award/story-e6frecj3-1226134143643

Seems a bit harsh.

Topdog
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Why would we get a player that would put us another 3 years behind the competition and where we need to be.

We will be shit next year (with or without Fev). With him though we will probably cost ourselves 3 positions in the draft and also hinder Jones and Grant's development.

Dancin' Douggy
12-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Fevola. What an idiot.
Just when there is a whiff of a resurrection in the air he puts on a performance like that.

Sounds like he just ended his career right there............... moron.

The Coon Dog
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Brendan Fevola denies involvement in a drunken brawl in Hawthorn

BRENDAN Fevola has slammed reports he was involved in a drunken Mad Monday brawl where police were called.

Dramatic CCTV footage has allegedly captured the troubled former AFL star at an eastern suburbs hotel before he headed to a restaurant where police where called in to break up a fight.

But Fevola has publicly denied the explosive rumours.

"Story is not true,'' Fevola said. "Had a good night with the boys people are best to not make sh-- up.''

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/brendan-fevola-denies-involvement-in-a-drunken-brawl-in-hawthorn/story-e6frf7jo-1226134617486)

DragzLS1
12-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Man they are looking for any excuse people get drunk all the time and some tool probably said something to him and fev is already a tool so that's all it takes for a fight. Media has to get off his back and get over it.. I wouldn't mind seeing fev play some games for us to be honest see what he can do but he just wouldn't fit into the side character wise.. Then again we did turn Barry around ;)

Greystache
12-09-2011, 12:44 PM
This weekend is just further confirmation no one will even look at him.

bornadog
12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Man they are looking for any excuse people get drunk all the time and some tool probably said something to him and fev is already a tool so that's all it takes for a fight. Media has to get off his back and get over it.. I wouldn't mind seeing fev play some games for us to be honest see what he can do but he just wouldn't fit into the side character wise.. Then again we did turn Barry around ;)

Barry had no off field issues, big difference. Fev is a dick head of the highest order.

Mitcha
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Is this definitive enough? He is an IDIOT!!!

cinder
12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately he thinks he is control of his addictions but he clearly isn't ...

Sedat
12-09-2011, 10:25 PM
You can't make strawberry jam out of pig s***

Fev will always be pig s***

MrMahatma
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Barry had no off field issues, big difference. Fev is a dick head of the highest order.
Not saying it's wrong, but it's interesting that in the current AFL environment, it's worse to be a guy who likes a punt and a few (too many) beers than it is to be a guy who punches opponents in the head.

AndrewP6
12-09-2011, 10:32 PM
The very fact that he says "I don't gamble but I just have the odd punt" says he's got several country miles to go before even coming anywhere near getting his life in order.

Ghost Dog
13-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Captured on video, throwing up at a bar. Nice work Fev!

Mantis
13-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Was he intoxicated when he did this?

LostDoggy
13-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Is that from the weekend?

Geez. That bloke who did the OP is an idiot!

Desipura
13-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Was he intoxicated when he did this?
No, he had something to eat that did not agree with him.

bornadog
13-09-2011, 10:19 AM
No, he had something to eat that did not agree with him.

Liquid lunch:D

bornadog
13-09-2011, 10:23 AM
GWS door ajar for Fev (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gws-door-ajar-for-fev/story-e6frf9io-1226135375567)

Perfect fit for a bogan team

immortalmike
13-09-2011, 02:08 PM
No, he had something to drink that did not agree with him.

Edited for accuracy...

LostDoggy
13-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Edited for accuracy...

My God some people are dry on here :D

Dancin' Douggy
13-09-2011, 07:09 PM
wasn't he taking 'anti booze' pills?

bornadog
19-09-2011, 04:38 PM
TWITTER:
SamLandsberger

Dogs a $4 favourite with Sportsbet as the AFL club Brendan Fevola will play at next year.. despite repeatedly saying they're not interested.

Daughter of the West
19-09-2011, 04:43 PM
TWITTER:
SamLandsberger

Dogs a $4 favourite with Sportsbet as the AFL club Brendan Fevola will play at next year.. despite repeatedly saying they're not interested.

I'm hoping they're as accurate with that as they were with Leon Cameron becoming our new coach...

BulldogBelle
19-09-2011, 05:21 PM
If he comes to the club, it'll be a long time before I can personally accept him. Just don't like the way he's treated our club in the past.

Sockeye Salmon
19-09-2011, 06:02 PM
There's an old fable about a scorpion and a frog.

The scorpion wants to get across the river and asks the frog to carry him over.

'No. You're a scorpion, you will sting me and I will die'

'But if I sting you I will drown as well'

The frog agrees and half way over the river the scorpion stings the frog.

'Why? Now we will both die.'

'I can't help it. I am a scorpion.'

Fev is a scorpion and the club that takes him is the frog. He can't help it. He is a scorpion.

The Coon Dog
19-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Fev is a scorpion

So, true, just got to have a look at his jumper!

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/04/07/1226035/118797-brendan-fevola.jpg

LostDoggy
19-09-2011, 06:18 PM
If the frog stopped rooting around and complaining then they both might have had a chance to make it across the final half.

The Coon Dog
20-09-2011, 09:16 PM
I was really please to hear Brendan McCartney say on 3AW tonight when asked by Gerard Healy about Fevola say quite categorically that that's not the path we're going down & we wish Brendan all the best.

Healy's question was long winded & he finished it off with, 'I guess you probably can't really answer this question right now'. McCartney responded with, 'No, I'm happy to answer that now, that's not the path....'

azabob
20-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I was really please to hear Brendan McCartney say on 3AW tonight when asked by Gerard Healy about Fevola say quite categorically that that's not the path we're going down & we wish Brendan all the best.

Healy's question was long winded & he finished it off with, 'I guess you probably can't really answer this question right now'. McCartney responded with, 'No, I'm happy to answer that now, that's not the path....'

I heard it also and was happy with the response.

ledge
20-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Well there is the first proof of his honesty and hardness, very impressed.

Remi Moses
21-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Heard that as well.
Good to hear, Fevola is cooked!

Bulldog Revolution
21-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Agreed - McCartney answered it very well I thought

He already seems to be getting more and more comfortable with the media

LostDoggy
22-09-2011, 01:17 AM
On the other hand, Sheedy said a couple days a go that he hasn't rulled him out. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at GWS next year

Maddog37
22-09-2011, 11:37 AM
It would be a great story if he made a succesful comeback. I would think that if he does get back he will torch a few sides but just when he looks like he has beaten his demons he will muff up.

KT31
27-09-2011, 12:34 AM
It would be a great story if he made a succesful comeback. I would think that if he does get back he will torch a few sides but just when he looks like he has beaten his demons he will muff up.

Why, the bloke has had so many chances and I for one think he is such a poor example to kids who try and do the right thing.