PDA

View Full Version : Finals Week 2

The Coon Dog
16-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Telecast just started & there are a million seagulls at the MCG! Annoying!

LostDoggy
16-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow how one-sided are the umps tonight? I count about 4 goals to the Hawks directly from rubbish free kicks, Goodes got robbed of a beautiful mark right in front, and the holding the ball rule only seems to apply to one team.

In what was shaping up to be a low-scoring game, they have been way, way too influential.

1eyedog
16-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Wow how one-sided are the umps tonight? I count about 4 goals to the Hawks directly from rubbish free kicks, Goodes got robbed of a beautiful mark right in front, and the holding the ball rule only seems to apply to one team.

In what was shaping up to be a low-scoring game, they have been way, way too influential.

Agree, some of the early decisions where particularly obvious and Goodes' mark was a no brainer. A few of the umpires will be having a spell next week.

Swans coming back well, within 25 points now.

comrade
16-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Telecast just started & there are a million seagulls at the MCG! Annoying!

I'm watching with a mate and said the same thing. I knew you'd agree.

1eyedog
16-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow 19 points.

I like Seagulls at sports contests in this country, it's very Australian and it always reminds me that we are a coastal hugging people.

LostDoggy
16-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Agree, some of the early decisions where particularly obvious and Goodes' mark was a no brainer. A few of the umpires will be having a spell next week.

Swans coming back well, within 25 points now.

Don't worry the umps will pull a call out of their arse soon enough to make sure the Hawks sneak it -- Emperor Demetriou has surely decreed that the AFL needs to have Buddy in the prelims. #fixed

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 12:00 AM
So now throwing is a legitimate disposal? I've lost count of how many times the Hawks have just thrown the ball when hit with a tackle. The game has turn to shit -- one team is trying to handball correctly and looking slow, the other is playing 'smart' football, which is basically cheating, and getting away with it. It's no different to chucking in cricket.

I'm just so over football.

1eyedog
17-09-2011, 12:02 AM
So now throwing is a legitimate disposal? I've lost count of how many times the Hawks have just thrown the ball when hit with a tackle. The game has turn to shit -- one team is trying to handball correctly and looking slow, the other is playing 'smart' football, which is basically cheating, and getting away with it. It's no different to chucking in cricket.

I'm just so over football.

I know, recent history has it that we are supposed to be the team beating Sydney in the 2nd semi-final.

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 12:09 AM
The other thing is their regular cribbing of the mark -- the umps don't police it so they are always pushing opposition teams back from hard won field positions.

Let's not forget that this is a team that so regularly abuse the spirit of the game that the AFL had to bring in a RULE CHANGE to stop one of their stupid dog acts (walking the ball back across the goal line). Not to mention their open-secret three-striker running around out there.

They are talented enough to not have to resort to shit, but with dicks like Clarkson and Kennett in charge I suppose they like being assholes just for the fun of it.

Geez I hate these f***ers.

Go_Dogs
17-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I didn't mind the game that much to be honest. Hawthorn were the better side and deserved to win, but in typical Sydney fashion the Swans mounted a few good come backs. Goodes getting hurt early really didn't help them, and O'Keefe wasn't very effective in the first half (maybe due to the role he was playing). Still just lack a couple more consistent stars, like most sides I guess.

Thankfully Hawthorn have no decent key defenders, and average rucks. Their midfield is very good, same with the forward line when fit. Puopolo put in another good performance too.

Remi Moses
17-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Big difference in standard to last weeks qualifying finals.
How good is Josh Kennedy? Just heard a little whisper Hanneberry wants to return to Melb!
Do seagulls ever sleep?Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.
Hopefully West Coast knock over Carlton tomorrow, as their moronic fan base is talking about their great record against Geelong!Think Ratten's falling for the three card trick heaping the pressure on the Eagles, tend to recall Voss doing this a few years back and Sydney did it last season.

bornadog
17-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Big difference in standard to last weeks qualifying finals.
How good is Josh Kennedy? Just heard a little whisper Hanneberry wants to return to Melb!
Do seagulls ever sleep?Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.
Hopefully West Coast knock over Carlton tomorrow, as their moronic fan base is talking about their great record against Geelong!Think Ratten's falling for the three card trick heaping the pressure on the Eagles, tend to recall Voss doing this a few years back and Sydney did it last season.

West Coast are such a different team at Subi, I hope they smash Carlton.

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Is it true the Swans got a bad run with umps last night? They are normally the afl umps darlings. Even last week it was pro Swans.

bornadog
17-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Is it true the Swans got a bad run with umps last night? They are normally the afl umps darlings. Even last week it was pro Swans.

They get a good run at the SCG.

mjp
17-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.

Every year we talk ourselves into the winners out of 5v8/6v7 beating the losers of 1v4/2v3...and every year this weekend of footy is a crushing letdown. Our win over Sydney last year - when we were truly running on fumes - is about as close a round 2 finals game as I can remember.

For the sake of my sanity though, I hope Carlton get over WCE to shut everyone up.

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 02:16 PM
For the sake of my sanity though, I hope Carlton get over WCE to shut everyone up.
:) Your only thinking of yourself in WA. The Carlton fans here are already crowing, just behind the pies in annoying.
By the way wasn't it nice this week to hear more about the high morals of ex Carlton leader Dick Pratt.

mjp
17-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Yep - but if Carlton win at least their fans aren't the only people you know...seriously, 3/4's of the state support West Coast and it is getting a tad ridiculous over here atm.

Raw Toast
17-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Yep - but if Carlton win at least their fans aren't the only people you know...seriously, 3/4's of the state support West Coast and it is getting a tad ridiculous over here atm.

It could be seen as a horrible match-up that way - two teams whose fanbase we abhor - and I suspect we'd all appreciate a nil-all draw with both clubs eliminated.

I've decided to look at it another way. Basically, I'm in it for misery of whichever team loses, and regardless of the result, I'll enjoy that to the greatest extent possible. In other words, this and the rest of the finals series promise to provide a rich vein schadenfreude!

1eyedog
17-09-2011, 10:24 PM

Wait until West coast plays Freo in a Grand Final at Paterson.

The Coon Dog
17-09-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't like Carlton, but tonight you had to admire them, they were brave.

1eyedog
17-09-2011, 11:49 PM

Was thinking the same thing and the way we laid down for Bubba's 300th.

Why don't umpires umpire the first three quarters like they umpire the last?

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 11:58 PM
What a game!!

(Bar the umpring of course)

Remi Moses
18-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Blimey Razor Ray could have raised the bat for 50 frees. They've over umpired this game, they were good last week.
Reckon after halfway through the first you could see the Eagles getting on top, brave effort from the cheats. How can the last go 35?
Kerr was very impressive, just don't see how they're going to beat the Cats.
Late mail Cheat fans blaming the umpires, everytime one of the big four lose it's the umpires!!

LostDoggy
18-09-2011, 12:46 AM

They were probably good enough to win -- a little bit reactive from Ratten, I thought. Judd did nothing all night, Ratten didn't move him around at all. If they even extracted another 5% from Juddy they win.

If mjp is reading this thread it would be good to see what you think of Carazzo -- he accumulates but his decision making is rather ordinary. We love these types of players at the Dogs -- do you think he's underrated by the Carlton hierarchy?

Remi Moses
18-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Isn't Carazzo Italian for turnover?

LostDoggy
18-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Isn't Carazzo Italian for turnover?

If Carazzo played for the Dogs he would be in the leadership group.

azabob
18-09-2011, 09:57 AM
If Carazzo played for the Dogs he would be in the leadership group.

Who do you think should be the dogs captian next season?

ledge
18-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Heard on SEN Razor wont be umpiring any more finals and has been terrible this year... you know he is a shocker when media actually start mentioning an umpires name a long with bad umpiring.