Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  110
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Dockers - Round 14, 15/6/24 Marvel Stadium 1:45PM AEST

Great afternoon out at the footy at Marvel. I really enjoy the more traditional Saturday afternoon games.

Could have gone either way in the first quarter the way that transpired but after quarter time we put the foot down and got right on top and controlled it after that.

Bont is unbelievable what a goal that was. Will be a sad day when he retires. One of the greatest ever Bulldogs and so glad he won a flag. Libba very good as well along with Treloar.

West and Weightman provided a lot of spark in the forward half as well as Jamarra. Opposition defenders will be fearful once the AstroNaught and Darcy come back.

I liked Bramble's game today. Lobb also very good and he really stuck it up Freo.

We remain in the hunt and keep pace with the top 8.

A well earnt bye before we get to work again against North and then some tough assignments after that - just take it one week at a time.

Went around the Whitten Statue tonight at Whitten Oval.

Go Dogs!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 16-06-2024 at 01:50 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I have always been one for the dark side … probably explains why I married a Dockers supporter.
    Getting married IS the dark side
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never watch Kane Cornes on the AFL app but did for whatever reason today. He gave Bevo praise saying it was a great coaching effort in how we were able to shut Freo down - uncontested marking and therefore disposals, and particularly Luke Ryan. Not verbatim but that was the gist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Longmuir

We tried to tag Bontempelli. There is so much depth in that midfield. If you can't get your hands on the ball and they spread there is no point on having one person locked onto one person if they have 2-3 out. They owned the outside of the contest all night.
    They didn't try very hard. Bont had acres of space at some critical times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I never watch Kane Cornes on the AFL app but did for whatever reason today. He gave Bevo praise saying it was a great coaching effort in how we were able to shut Freo down - uncontested marking and therefore disposals, and particularly Luke Ryan. Not verbatim but that was the gist.
    Wasn't he calling the Richmond game on SEN yesterday. I wonder how much of it he actually saw.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    They didn't try very hard. Bont had acres of space at some critical times.
    They use Hayden Young as their primary tagger, who is frankly way too good to have to sacrifice his own game to stop someone else’s (especially when it doesn’t work). I think they released it sometime around Bont kicking that goal on their whole backline because Young started to do some real damage afterwards.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Ryan, whatever we did there with Scott was massive and partly why Garcia was out i think.

I saw Ryan destroy the Tigers live earlier this seasln he is a fantastic intercept player and he had no say on the result yesterday.

Massive credit to coach and players.

9. Thanks Glove38 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wasn't he calling the Richmond game on SEN yesterday. I wonder how much of it he actually saw.
    Interesting. I guess he’s derived his view from looking at numbers. In any event, I don’t hear him give out much praise for Bevo but he did in this case. Maybe he’s starting to see the wheels turn and is making sure he can save face!

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I guess he’s derived his view from looking at numbers. In any event, I don’t hear him give out much praise for Bevo but he did in this case. Maybe he’s starting to see the wheels turn and is making sure he can save face!
    I think every coach is not immune to criticism, but you need to see how the season pans out and not start from round 2 or 3 like Cornes does (and many supporters).
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think every coach is not immune to criticism, but you need to see how the season pans out and not start from round 2 or 3 like Cornes does (and many supporters).
    Cornes is paid to make idiotic statements that have no actual fact.
    Eg Bevo should go but Hinkley should be re-signed , there is no figures that back that up in fact stats say the opposite.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I still think Bevo's response to the criticism and mention of 'one or two who give journalists a bad name' might of had an impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Something that was odd. Post game Bont walked off by himself to the wing to hand out a football. The rest of the team huddled and seemed to talk before signing and bringing footy's around. It just seemed weird.

Anyway Bont, go one more aisle over next time. My son would be over the moon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Something that was odd. Post game Bont walked off by himself to the wing to hand out a football. The rest of the team huddled and seemed to talk before signing and bringing footy's around. It just seemed weird.

Anyway Bont, go one more aisle over next time. My son would be over the moon.
    He has been crook all week, maybe just a wanted to get it over and go home.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Cornes is paid to make idiotic statements that have no actual fact.
    Eg Bevo should go but Hinkley should be re-signed , there is no figures that back that up in fact stats say the opposite.
    Cornes probably trying to put on his "good cornes" act. Rest of his mood is put heat on the doggies and fixation on sacking the coach.

Where is his analysis on Hinkley ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Cornes probably trying to put on his "good cornes" act. Rest of his mood is put heat on the doggies and fixation on sacking the coach.

Where is his analysis on Hinkley ?
    He brings out stats against the dogs but opinion on Hinkley . He knows the stats don’t add up with Hinkley and would make his Bevo stats look amazingly good if he did.
    Bring back the biff