Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
    Post Thanks / Like

The Monday Soapbox - R14

Time to vent

Collingwoods come back against North to snatch a win after conceding such a big lead wrecked what might have been an otherwise nice Sunday.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soapbox - R14

Fans not showing up to watch us play Freo.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Umpiring in that North v Collingwood game was terrible.

I think fans will start to hate Nick Daicos given just how protected he is. The Garcia "non" tackle was just the start.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Umpiring in that North v Collingwood game was terrible.

I think fans will start to hate Nick Daicos given just how protected he is. The Garcia "non" tackle was just the start.
    I've been one of the earliest adopters with this - to me it was obvious halfway through his first season. It's not just the protection he is receiving but he is initiating contact, over-exaggerating contact, flopping like a dead fish - he does it all, he's a true method actor in the Christian Bale mould.

In addition to the above, I reckon the idiotic antics of his old man in the crowd are contributing to this as well. Shame because he is probably the most underrated champion of the game in my lifetime, but he has been carrying on like a bell-end ever since Nick debuted in 2022.

Filth supporters can't even tell the difference between James O'Donnell and Sam Darcy, so I don't expect them to be self-aware enough to recognise they hated Selwood's flopping as early as 2007 and are ignoring exactly the same thing happening in real time with Daicos.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I've been one of the earliest adopters with this - to me it was obvious halfway through his first season. It's not just the protection he is receiving but he is initiating contact, over-exaggerating contact, flopping like a dead fish - he does it all, he's a true method actor in the Meryl Streep mould.

In addition to the above, I reckon the idiotic antics of his old man in the crowd are contributing to this as well. Shame because he is probably the most underrated champion of the game in my lifetime, but he has been carrying on like a bell-end ever since Nick debuted in 2022.
    Is this a Macedonian thing Sedat?

Post Thanks / Like

The Stand rule is supposed to run both ways.

When the bloke on the mark has to plant his feet but the bloke with the ball can do half a dozen shuffle steps until he's 5 metres in field without being called to play on, it becomes a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is this a Macedonian thing Sedat?

I'm all good with my northern neighbours - they are my fellow northers suburban wogs with the same family lived experiences. And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post