I agree with Kane. Don?t judge me.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R14 - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I agree with Kane. Don?t judge me.
    on this one, so do I
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kane has called it out and said there are different rules for Nick.

details: ?UMPIRED DIFFERENTLY?: CORNES SAYS NON-DECISION IN PIES? EPIC WIN IS EVIDENCE OF ?SUPERSTAR TAX? FOR DAICOS
    But wait, isn't Kane an idiot? Or is that just when he says things we don't agree with?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    But wait, isn't Kane an idiot? Or is that just when he says things we don't agree with?
    He is just saying what we are all saying

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy with the "we" there bucko
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Easy with the "we" there bucko
    It's like Kane somehow discovers a prevailing sentiment from the weekend and rides that wave until it breaks.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When we played the Pies, I think Daicos (Nick version) was caught HTB twice. I believe he should have been HTD 4x. The 2x he was penalised, he was tackled by Bont.

There is a superstar tax in every sport. Lachie Bramble copped one of the more egregious HTB (against) decisions of all time a couple of weeks back...if the umpires don't know/respect who you are, you will be penalised. If you're Scott Pendlebury - or Marcus Bontempelli (or Nick Daicos!!) - you get a longer leash.

Has the Daicos stuff gone too far? Probs. But to be fair, he's around the ball so often and gets his way out of trouble so often, the umpires are probably just assuming he will do it again. Is it right? Nope. But we benefit from it as well - most teams do in fact - with a player or two, whereas the rank and file players in all teams get pulled up quick smart...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    When we played the Pies, I think Daicos (Nick version) was caught HTB twice. I believe he should have been HTD 4x. The 2x he was penalised, he was tackled by Bont.

There is a superstar tax in every sport. Lachie Bramble copped one of the more egregious HTB (against) decisions of all time a couple of weeks back...if the umpires don't know/respect who you are, you will be penalised. If you're Scott Pendlebury - or Marcus Bontempelli (or Nick Daicos!!) - you get a longer leash.

Has the Daicos stuff gone too far? Probs. But to be fair, he's around the ball so often and gets his way out of trouble so often, the umpires are probably just assuming he will do it again. Is it right? Nope. But we benefit from it as well - most teams do in fact - with a player or two, whereas the rank and file players in all teams get pulled up quick smart...
    Here is the ladder

Marcus sits at 116th or just 11 frees

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought the Bont gets ping more time than not against the other so called stars.
    I may be looking though different glasses though.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't like it when he constantly attacked Bevo mainly because Ken is untouchable to him, but then, he is his mate, it's not right, but you know. But what Kane was saying about Bevo was exactly what many Bulldogs supporters were saying for a while now and should be sacked, lost the players, many will walk out etc etc, yet because Kane is not one of ours we don't like it.

I don't necessarily like Kane but i don't hate him either, he has a job as a shock jock commentator with strong opinions and he's doing it with flying colours, because everyone talks about him and his views.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the ladder

I'm actually happy that Rowell is numero uno, because he's so hard at it, in and under like a bull seeing ball and trying his guts out to get ball and would be drawing free kicks, one of my favourite non Dogs players.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the ladder

What a surprise ol flopsy mouth agape Gawn is high on the list. No wonder he's so incredulous when the umpires forget it's their favourite funny hipster Max and don't give him a free!

Post Thanks / Like

Was Collingwoods win really that good?

I am genuinely puzzled why the media is going ga ga over this comeback against a team has won something like 3 wins out of 30 and Clarkson actively worked against his players to engineer a loss.

Clarkson is tanking again for priority picks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I am genuinely puzzled why the media is going ga ga over this comeback against a team has won something like 3 wins out of 30 and Clarkson actively worked against his players to engineer a loss.

You can definitely mount a case for it being a pretty shizen performance to concede 80 odd points in a half against that mob.

I think it's just the size of the comeback that has some in raptures, it is a fair effort.

Overall though I kind of think it was a poor performance by the pies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Haven’t you heard that they have so many guys out injured? Like Jordan De Goey and the world’s oldest man that I can only assume they keep letting play as a joke?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -