Thanks Thanks:  382
Likes Likes:  2,294
Page 298 of 299 FirstFirst ... 198248288289290291292293294295296297298299 LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4484
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He's a legend! I'd have him on our list over guys like Bramble and Baker! I didn't even know he was still on their list.
    Yes. Definitely like for like .
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see BTC out there. Eker royalty for sure.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

He's a legend! I'd have him on our list over guys like Bramble and Baker! I didn't even know he was still on their list.
    He'd slot right in on a wing or as a running back pocket.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog Joe, josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTC lives pretty close to me, he even popped into Zap Flemington during the pre-season.
    Had a chat to him during lock down too when he was training with Ben Brown. He'd have to be a front-runner for 'best bloke in football'
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joel Hamling in swans vfl team in forward line, wonder what his thoughts are being back at whiten oval. Wouldn’t mind him in doggies coloured, we could do with a few more talls in vfl team. Bullgod. Onya hamster!!

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

That's just an accident waiting to happen that sort of boxing. One barely competent fighter smashing up on an incompetent one.

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's just an accident waiting to happen that sort of boxing. One barely competent fighter smashing up on an incompetent one.
    Clay can barely walk these days with the way his knees are
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Clay can barely walk these days with the way his knees are
    I didn't want to sound harsh on Clay at all and I know everyone has to start somewhere in the sport but watching that stuff makes me feel uneasy.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to sound harsh on Clay at all and I know everyone has to start somewhere in the sport but watching that stuff makes me feel uneasy.
    I am not a fan of boxing or any of those sports watching people knock each other out - very barbaric. I worry for his health.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They’re putting him in there exclusively with cans. I wouldn’t worry about him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Still some big holes in his game. His counter work looks great and can hit dam hard, those hands are low though. He's going to get caught with a quick one and that's when we'll find out how good he is going to be. He has started off great and putting away anyone is a great effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Still some big holes in his game. His counter work looks great and can hit dam hard, those hands are low though. He's going to get caught with a quick one and that's when we'll find out how good he is going to be. He has started off great and putting away anyone is a great effort.
    Like his football he was always straight at everything , in boxing a clever opponent will baulk and get him, he will walk into one eventually.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Like his football he was always straight at everything , in boxing a clever opponent will baulk and get him, he will walk into one eventually.
    This is what worries me about it all. It appears he's being fed opponents to get his confidence up, but at some point he's going to come up against actual craft and it's possibly going to be dangerous for him.

I boxed (with a reasonably high technical focus) for the better part of ten years after football but due to concussions already received I didn't do anything outside of rudimentary sparring, and never dreamed of getting into the ring. It's scary as shit so I give anyone kudos for courage up front, but you can get picked apart so easily with a careless mismatch early on.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what worries me about it all. It appears he's being fed opponents to get his confidence up, but at some point he's going to come up against actual craft and it's possibly going to be dangerous for him.

I boxed (with a reasonably high technical focus) for the better part of ten years after football but due to concussions already received I didn't do anything outside of rudimentary sparring, and never dreamed of getting into the ring. It's scary as shit so I give anyone kudos for courage up front, but you can get picked apart so easily with a careless mismatch early on.
    In the 70s, I use to go to a gym just for training and a bit of fun, which was actually the boxing coaches house with a Gym out the back. Rocky Mattioli trained there, who of course went on to be world champion.

Can't remember the coach's name, but he trained a few Australian Champions as well.

One day my mate asked him for a few tips on how to beat up a bouncer (yeah stupid we were late teens). Rocky said, pick up a big stick and whack him over the head

21. Likes Happy Days, jeemak liked this post