Thanks Thanks:  267
Likes Likes:  1,567
Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51101141142143144145146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2302
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I see. And where am I in all this?
    Sorry, firies..........

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Nets.

Ambos versus SDA special edition.
    SDA is the stupidest union ever . Didn?t they do an eba a few years ago where the members actually got less ?
    We have the SDA trying to get into our workplace and they have no members here but doing eba talks with the company . I think that says a lot.
    We are all in another union.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently not deeply offended. Big of you.
    I am a generous god
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Take it with a grain of salt, but, my partner works in real-estate, heard from a colleague in their Geelong office that Baz had looked at a few of their properties down that way before he went on his overseas vacation.

Would suspect it's a pretty easy deal if it is Geelong, their first (Somewhere around 9-11) for him.

I actually don't want to lose him, his best is incredibly good, just needs to clean up his disposals. If he keeps his speed post ACL we could really use it bursting from stoppages.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, azabob, GVGjr, lemmon thanked for this post
    Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, but, my partner works in real-estate, heard from a colleague in their Geelong office that Baz had looked at a few of their properties down that way before he went on his overseas vacation.

Would suspect it's a pretty easy deal if it is Geelong, their first (Somewhere around 9-11) for him.

I actually don't want to lose him, his best is incredibly good, just needs to clean up his disposals. If he keeps his speed post ACL we could really use it bursting from stoppages.
    Actually if he moves to Geelong he could still stay it’s only down the road. I don’t think that confirms anything except he likes the beach.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Actually if he moves to Geelong he could still stay it’s only down the road. I don’t think that confirms anything except he likes the beach.
    Says absolutely no-one who regularly does that commute.

I guess he would be traveling against the traffic most of the way, but balls to doing that trip.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually if he moves to Geelong he could still stay it?s only down the road. I don?t think that confirms anything except he likes the beach.
    The guy is gone. Out of contract, not playing this season and it's nearly July and he hasn't signed. He may as well be doing his rehab at whichever club it is he wants to go to.

Hopefully it is Geelong or hawks as they've got better trade assets than the pies.

And as if we needed even more reason to hope for geelongs downfall.

13. Likes lemmon, Bullies, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SDA is the stupidest union ever . Didn?t they do an eba a few years ago where the members actually got less ?
    We have the SDA trying to get into our workplace and they have no members here but doing eba talks with the company . I think that says a lot.
    We are all in another union.
    The Retail and Fast Food Workers Union is a better bet than SDA imo. Some years ago SDA had a Coles EBA approved which was later thrown out by a Full Bench because it failed the "better off overall" test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The guy is gone. Out of contract, not playing this season and it's nearly July and he hasn't signed. He may as well be doing his rehab at whichever club it is he wants to go to.

Hopefully it is Geelong or hawks as they've got better trade assets than the pies.

And as if we needed even more reason to hope for geelongs downfall.
    My point is moving to Geelong is not a problem if he stayed, whether he is gone or not fact is Geelong is just down the road.
    The problem with moving to Geelong now means he has already presumed we will let him go to Geelong. Say we end up doing a trade he ends up on the GC ?
    So if he is buying in Geelong have us and the cats already cut a deal ?
    Wouldn’t you wait until you 100% know unless he is staying.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

My point is moving to Geelong is not a problem if he stayed, whether he is gone or not fact is Geelong is just down the road.
    The problem with moving to Geelong now means he has already presumed we will let him go to Geelong. Say we end up doing a trade he ends up on the GC ?
    So if he is buying in Geelong have us and the cats already cut a deal ?
    Wouldn?t you wait until you 100% know unless he is staying.
    With any sort of traffic at all that blows out to 1.5hrs+ commute each way to Whitten oval. He'd be better off staying in his leafy eastern suburban environment if he wanted to stay at WO.

Not that many (any?) Cats players live in Geelong anyway. They're all on the coast or a few are on farms a little inland.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

To be fair, I think that's pretty decent compensation. Coming off an ACL, hasn't played his best footy in a long time, there seems to be a bit of noise and turbulence that follows him around - if Geelong came with that offer, I'm shaking hands.

This is what a pick in that region has landed the last four years:
    2023 - Read, Caddy, O'Sullivan
    2022 - Gibney, Phillipou, Hollands
    2021 - Gibcus, Earsmus, Wanganeen-Milera
    2020 - Perkins, Reid, Pedlar

I also think he's absolutely no chance of staying, so his choosing Hawthorn or Geelong is far more encouraging than Collingwood.

18. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    To be fair, I think that's pretty decent compensation. Coming off an ACL, hasn't played his best footy in a long time, there seems to be a bit of noise and turbulence that follows him around - if Geelong came with that offer, I'm shaking hands.

I also think he's absolutely no chance of staying, so his choosing Hawthorn or Geelong is far more encouraging than Collingwood.
    What about player trade ? Is that still a thing ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Says absolutely no-one who regularly does that commute.

I guess he would be traveling against the traffic most of the way, but balls to doing that trip.
    It's so far that Ollie Henry got homesick and had to request a trade.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

21. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post

The mail is still Collingwood. The deal may not be as good as Cats/Hawks but by all accounts the marketing side has been more convincing and his brand will benefit more being at Collingwood. Up to us not to blink and get a deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting time to head to Geelong, end of an era finally? Will Scott be there by the end of next year? I'm not saying he will be sacked just a good time to move on.