Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We couldn't do it could we??

North have been pretty good the last two - watching them fight the fight vs Melbourne on the weekend I was NOT excited that we have to play them twice in the run home.

Surely we put them away this week...please tell me not to worry, that "we've got this" and no matter how much North have improved/are improving, that this is NOT gonna be the week...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We couldn't do it could we??

Of course we could. You know we could.

We’re better, we’re more or less healthy, we just have to play properly and we’ll win. But I would’ve preferred to have gotten them a couple of weeks back.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like we are getting a few teams at the right time for them this year? Maybe I'm wrong.

5. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    North have been pretty good the last two - watching them fight the fight vs Melbourne on the weekend I was NOT excited that we have to play them twice in the run home.

Surely we put them away this week...please tell me not to worry, that "we've got this" and no matter how much North have improved/are improving, that this is NOT gonna be the week...
    From the team who missed finals last year by losing a game at Marvel to the worst West Coast team we've ever seen. We're 100% capable of shitting the bed. We shouldn't but we absolutely could.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

7. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey it doesn't work like that. WE are the ones who seek reassurance from YOU.

9. Likes Happy Days, bulldogtragic, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I genuinely think we lose the inside 50 count this week.

A lot is riding on how our forwards compete against north's backline. On paper our talls should have a field day. But football isn't played on paper.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My hope is they've been up for a couple of weeks, and they have a down game.

Not sure though they look pumped.

I'm ok with the challenge, we need to play teams at their best to win it so bring it on.

Our forwards should be way too strong for their defence, so a lot will depend on the midfield battle.

13. Likes lemmon, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we show up around the contest and hunt the loose ball we'll get our thirty scoring shots and that should be enough to win it.

No excuses for this playing group not to show up. They had their down week against Brisbane and bounced back. Norf have been up for a few weeks and might drop.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If we show up around the contest and hunt the loose ball we'll get our thirty scoring shots and that should be enough to win it.

No excuses for this playing group not to show up. They had their down week against Brisbane and bounced back. Norf have been up for a few weeks and might drop.
    North played like Champions against Collingwood till Collingwood woke up and said, shit this bottom team may beat us. Against Melbourne, North were back to their crap best and played woeful footy in the first 3 quarters, then Dees went to sleep in the last thinking, we got this. You have to work hard for four quarters.

Dogs by 45
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will lose a close one.

I?m expecting Larkey to get the better of Jones. Could kick 5.
    Zurhaar is a danger fwd
    LUD is a gun and we will let him run amok, same as Wardlaw.
    After last week, I could see them set shot goals from every angle, must like the Coll game, and they normally look alright at Marvel.
    It will be a free flowing game and a shootout of sorts.

If we allow them a 5 goal lead, we aren?t pegging that back.
    We need a HUGE first quarter to stamp out any belief they might have.

Anything can happen with the Dogs. They remind me of the Pakistan cricket team. Can lose to the ?minnows? of the AFL at any time due to a lack lustre effort.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will Phillips to tag Treloar do you think? Bont will be too much for him, but I think he could effectively shut out either Treloar or Libba. He's had a good couple of weeks on Naicos and Oliver.

Post Thanks / Like

North are a young side and whilst talented are inconsistent and prone to a really bad week. This will be the week. They have had 3 up weeks and guaranteed this will be their down week. We will win comfortably between 40 to 60 points. But really it is not about North it is more to do with how we play. We will smash them around the contest and our quick ball movement and delivery into the forward will be too much for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate when mjp does his Nostradamus thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hate when mjp does his Nostradamus thing.
    Nah - this isn't that...

I was just watching them play Melbourne the other night and thought "Geez, I really want no part of this right now...".

Games I have marked as wins should FEEL like wins. Right at the moment this feels like it's gone from 95-5 our way to 65-35 and I just don't like it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw title and thought it was about winning the GF this year.

Thanks mjp for nightmares rest of this week.

I think we’ll beat norf this week, but I’m not yet convinced we have turned corner regarding lack of consistency. I think the first few minutes will tell us if we’re asleep at wheel after the bye.

23. Likes Uninformed liked this post