• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.64%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 4.92%
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he gets the cash and the years we know his new manager is John Setka…

I’ll take the compo please.��
    Did someone say Setka.....
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a pretty underwhelming contract year.

Not sure we would be ballsy enough to turn around and reduce our offer, but English is doing his demands no favours. He's been fine but not particularly influential which doesn't really scream "give this concussion prone guy 7 years on 7 figures".
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    It's been a pretty underwhelming contract year.

Not sure we would be ballsy enough to turn around and reduce our offer, but English is doing his demands no favours. He's been fine but not particularly influential which doesn't really scream "give this concussion prone guy 7 years on 7 figures".
    Agreed.

Hold firm, give him a fair and reasonable offer and if he takes something elsewhere help pack his bags.

Once him and Bailey Smith are gone we'll actually quickly forget about them because I just don't reckon either of them makes us better.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English v Sweet next week….
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    English v Sweet next week….
    I can?t wait for the melts if/when Sweet man handles our Tim.

It?s going to be glorious.

Post Thanks / Like

Tasty contest. English hasn't been top draw this year, but he has been important. I think we are a better side with him in it. I am less concerned about the $$$ and more concerned about length of a contract. Should be no more than 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Tasty contest. English hasn't been top draw this year, but he has been important. I think we are a better side with him in it. I am less concerned about the $$$ and more concerned about length of a contract. Should be no more than 4 years.
    5 at tops
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    5 at tops
    Apparently we offered him 5 and he wants 6 according to midweek tackle, I’m not sure if they mentioned the $$$
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Apparently we offered him 5 and he wants 6 according to midweek tackle, I’m not sure if they mentioned the $$$
    The way he’s playing he should take what he’s offered.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Agree. Hopefully the club doesn't blink and stick to 5. If he is travelling well after 3 then maybe a clause to extend by one. Already a big commitment of 5 with his concussion issues.

Post Thanks / Like

The way he’s playing he should take what he’s offered.
    Agreed. I still think we're going way overs here with 5 and should pull the offer completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Agreed. I still think we're going way overs here with 5 and should pull the offer completely.
    I just hope we don’t. Power is smart, that much can’t be argued to me. I’m backing he’s offered a contract that triggers top tier compo if Tim leaves for more. Let’s say it’s 4-5 years on say $900-$1M and not his ambit claim of 7 years at close to $1.5M.

To me it’s win-win. He signs on at a reasonable price or we get a first rounder. I hope it’s the first rounder myself now, but if Power has triggered first round compo if he leaves then we should just hold the line. It’s a nice spot to be in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope we don’t. Power is smart, that much can’t be argued to me. I’m backing he’s offered a contract that triggers top tier compo if Tim leaves for more. Let’s say it’s 4-5 years on say $900-$1M and not his ambit claim of 7 years at close to $1.5M.

To me it’s win-win. He signs on at a reasonable price or we get a first rounder. I hope it’s the first rounder myself now, but if Power has triggered first round compo if he leaves then we should just hold the line. It’s a nice spot to be in.
    $900PA and 5 years is overs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    $900PA and 5 years is overs.
    I wouldn’t go that far. That’s generous but he’s still then behind Bont, Treloar (inc. Woods $300,000), Naughty & Marra and I’m guessing not too much over Macrae. As the cap increases, I’d guess Darcy and perhaps even Richards and other Will over take Tim on salary too. If he’s on fringe or not at all in the top 6 players for wages then I can life with that.

That said, I’d still take the compo. Even more so if we miss finals. I’d take the top 10 pick on a midfielder, put that cash into Barass (with the Smith pick) and ruck Lobb.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t go that far. That’s generous but he’s still then behind Bont, Treloar (inc. Woods $300,000), Naughty & Marra and I’m guessing not too much over Macrae. As the cap increases, I’d guess Darcy and perhaps even Richards and other Will over take Tim on salary too. If he’s on fringe or not at all in the top 6 players for wages then I can life with that.

That said, I’d still take the compo. Even more so if we miss finals. I’d take the top 10 pick on a midfielder, put that cash into Barass (with the Smith pick) and ruck Lobb.
    Does anybody want him? I'm not convinced English is the ruckman we need.