Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  82
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangaroos V Bulldogs - Round 16, 29/6/24 Marvel Stadium 1:45PM AEST

In more good news out of today, Cody Weightman who is completely lovely has upset Alistair Clarkson who is an out and out ****, due to the Roos being undisciplined.

The too high on Archer was always there and should be called more often if anything. Cody did dive on the push that gifted Treloar the fifty and goal, but they'd been into Cody all day and were always going to get Brian Laked at some point.

So **** off Clarkson and suck our collective balls.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    In more good news out of today, Cody Weightman who is completely lovely has upset Alistair Clarkson who is an out and out ****, due to the Roos being undisciplined.

The too high on Archer was always there and should be called more often if anything. Cody did dive on the push that gifted Treloar the fifty and goal, but they'd been into Cody all day and were always going to get Brian Laked at some point.

He did go down, but was clearly pushed in the back by some Norf player invoking the Shinboner spirit and going at him from behind.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

3. Likes hujsh, merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He did go down, but was clearly pushed in the back by some Norf player invoking the Shinboner spirit and going at him from behind.
    I don't like players going down, but equally, I don't like players cynically getting into the body of opponents with pushes, holds and bumps off the ball.

People like Clarkson have a macho view, where scragging and pushing off the ball is fine, because that's what hard players do while soft players don't retaliate and respond with no resistance to draw a free.

Can't have it both ways. The AFL/ umpires just need to call it consistently and it will stop.

I'd also ask Clarkson why Naughton wasn't given a fifty metre penalty when West was scragged after he took a mark in the pocket (which he goaled). Was that OK? Would he happy with the umpires if it was his team with a difficult shot at goal on the opposite and one of his players was needlessly scragged?
    Last edited by jeemak; 30-06-2024 at 12:35 AM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

After a cheeky start with his career Weightman has really found a good balance with his free kick drawing technique.

Still gets heaps, and puts himself in good positions to get them, but nothing too egregious. North only have themselves to blame for basically all the "dodgy" frees he got yesterday.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're alright the roos. They've got young/underdeveloped players everywhere but they've got pretty good bones. If they can hold onto most of them they could be pretty good.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    After a cheeky start with his career Weightman has really found a good balance with his free kick drawing technique.

Still gets heaps, and puts himself in good positions to get them, but nothing too egregious. North only have themselves to blame for basically all the "dodgy" frees he got yesterday.
    I always say, tackle properly and you won't give away a free.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stopping to a crawl in the last quarter was my only concern. They did a good job at dragging us down to their level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Didn’t realise Clarko had started coaching Port Adelaide.

Cody only got frees when they were there yesterday and cost himself a couple of goals playing for free when they weren’t there. So what Clarko is complaining about didn’t actually exist?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Didn’t realise Clarko had started coaching Port Adelaide.

Cody only got frees when they were there yesterday and cost himself a couple of goals playing for free when they weren’t there. So what Clarko is complaining about didn’t actually exist?
    Clarko's whinging at our handball club and 3rd man up tactics got the AFL to put in some rule changes. He's tried to undermine Bevo and our team a few times.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy certainly found it hard to get a free despite a number of heavily contested marking contests where umpire darlings are usually either paid the mark or the free. I wonder if he’ll get the treatment given that he collected Maynard who I assume all the umpires love because he’s a bad boy playing for a big club.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb back was a masterstroke. His ability to read and intercept was fantastic and he?ll only improve in the role as he spends more time there. His field kicking is solid enough and this style of play actually suits him much better than having to lead at the ball as a key forward.

This could be the difference maker for us this season and was not on my 2024 bingo card.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

15. Likes Bullies, angelopetraglia, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kane Cornes highlighting Clarko's comment about milking free kicks. When you look at the vision you can see that the free kicks that Weightman got were all there https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1807216041430306983

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Lobb back was a masterstroke. His ability to read and intercept was fantastic and he?ll only improve in the role as he spends more time there. His field kicking is solid enough and this style of play actually suits him much better than having to lead at the ball as a key forward.

This could be the difference maker for us this season and was not on my 2024 bingo card.
    His closing speed and the way he reads the ball is a massive asset down back. Very deceptive for his size.

18. Likes angelopetraglia, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Kane Cornes highlighting Clarko's comment about milking free kicks. When you look at the vision you can see that the free kicks that Weightman got were all there https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1807216041430306983
    Maybe teach his players not to scrag or hit high ?
    Bring back the biff

20. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He didn't even play that one up. He got a decent shove fair and square in his back while he wasn't expecting it and was off balance. Not sure what Corr expected, but he genuinely can't have gotten pissy about Flea "diving" on that one. That was his own stupid error.