Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  229
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Can I just put in here that if you berated Bevo for moving Lobb back vs GWS at Ballarat last year then you should be banned from praising him from doing the same thing 12-months later. I mean, it's not like he's been crafting with the backs throughout the interim.
    I think you should go back and check on who it was and narc and we can bully them mercilessly.

Edit: maybe don't I might be one of them, I can't remember. Anyway shut up.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just put in here that if you berated Bevo for moving Lobb back vs GWS at Ballarat last year then you should be banned from praising him from doing the same thing 12-months later. I mean, it's not like he's been crafting with the backs throughout the interim.
    I can?t really remember what happened in that game? Did we lose some key defenders in game and had to move Lobb for coverage?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it?s the opposite. If you berated him then you should absolutely praise him now and eat a little humble pie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I can?t really remember what happened in that game? Did we lose some key defenders in game and had to move Lobb for coverage?
    Honestly I would keep it that way bro
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yes, it was confusing that Naughton did not go back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yes, it was confusing that Naughton did not go back
    At least Naughton was keeping Taylor 1/2 interested in defending in that game... if Naughton went back, it would've been even easier for GWS to run us down.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, Lobb going back is a 'watch' for me. A no comment at this stage.

Can't be judging if it will be a good move based on one week, vs North Melbourne.

I'm petrified of what this may look like v Carlton & Sydney. Hopefully it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Honestly, Lobb going back is a 'watch' for me. A no comment at this stage.

Can't be judging if it will be a good move based on one week, vs North Melbourne.

I'm petrified of what this may look like v Carlton & Sydney. Hopefully it works.
    Don't disagree, but I would be far more petrified if it was Khamis instead of Lobb against Carlton & Sydney. What Lobb lacks in actual key defensive experience compared to Khamis (with Keath and Gardner not available), he has the advantage of height, athleticism, ability and a bigger tank over Khamis. Buss is the only other option and is similarly as inexperienced as Lobb as key defender at this level.

Also, having someone like Truck trade up as a 3rd tall and having JOD move up to 2nd tall doesn't do any favours for Jones being able to peel off and rebound. Lobb is the best of the available options - it's by no means not perfect but the strengths/upside outweighs the downside. Also, if there are in-game injuries Lobb has greater flexibility to be deployed elsewhere and is just a far better player than Khamis.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"