Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  77
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 VS Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Our guys wants a $1mil a year, their guy gets paid a pie & coke per game.
    Maybe Timmy can buy him dinner after. Although pretty sure in the circumstances you’re meant to buy them dinner first.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I don't believe Sweet's endurance is the thing, well it's not great but he works hard, which makes up for it.

His glarring weakness in how bad he is in a marking contest. Just has no idea. Particularly hurtful when his opponent goes forward, he struggles to be competitive at all. Last two weeks, Big O and RoMa (missed a sitter too) have both kicked 3 goals up against him whilst taking vast majority of ruck work.
    All the above is true, but some of his centre square tap work yesterday was, err, Sweet. In such a tight and low-scoring game, those pure clearances that resulted in goals are very important.

He is the type of opponent that English has traditionally dominated previously, but English is not really in the form to be dominating anyone at the moment. He absolutely needs to make a personal statement this week though, if for no other reason than to stop haemorrhaging $$$ off his next contract. He's been the anti-Stringer this season, actually lowering his value and underperforming in a lucrative contract year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

How do we stop JHF? He was the difference late in the Saints game. He has taken his game to another level. We will need a plan to quell his influence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    How do we stop JHF? He was the difference late in the Saints game. He has taken his game to another level. We will need a plan to quell his influence.
    I know a guy that I think can get under his skin just by smiling at him. It definitely gets under *my* skin.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Dixon is out. Todd Marshall did his hammy today. Who are the tall Port Forwards? How many tall defenders do we need to play? Especially if it is wet (current foreast is for 60% chance of rain and windy).

Finlayson. Then who?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Both Finlayson and Georgiades are capable of really hurting us because they're not small movement big forwards.
    They also have Ollie Lord.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They also have Ollie Lord.
    I like Lobb for Lord. Feel like he has the size for Ollie but should be able to zone off and help out his other defenders.

I don't mind JOD on either Finlayson or Georgiades with Jones taking whichever is deepest/most dangerous.

8. Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Port Goal Kickers

Georgiades 192cm - 22 goals
    Marshall 198cm - 20 goals
    Byrne-Jones 181cm - 17 goals
    Rioli 175cm - 17 goals
    Dixon 200cm - 13 goals
    Finlayson 197cm - 12 goals

Ollie Lord 197cm - 3 goals

Marhall and Dixon are out. Willie Rioli was a test last week with a calf. Maybe comes back?

Post Thanks / Like

Port Goal Kickers

Georgiades 192cm - 22 goals
    Marshall 198cm - 20 goals
    Byrne-Jones 181cm - 17 goals
    Rioli 175cm - 17 goals
    Dixon 200cm - 13 goals
    Finlayson 197cm - 12 goals

Ollie Lord 197cm - 3 goals

Marhall and Dixon are out. Willie Rioli was a test last week with a calf. Maybe comes back?
    Finlayson is such a spud, he's the perfect candidate to kick 6 this week.

11. Likes hujsh, MrMahatma, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I like Lobb for Lord. Feel like he has the size for Ollie but should be able to zone off and help out his other defenders.

I don't mind JOD on either Finlayson or Georgiades with Jones taking whichever is deepest/most dangerous.
    Agree with this.

JOD is developing to be our future CHB, he is very impressive for a guy who has only played 22 games
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English needs to hit the scoreboard purely and simply.

Rowan Marshall kicked three goals in the first half against Sweet no reason why Timmy cannot kick 2-3 for the game.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    All the above is true, but some of his centre square tap work yesterday was, err, Sweet. In such a tight and low-scoring game, those pure clearances that resulted in goals are very important.
    Agreed. My comments were more about kinda defending his endurance. More about his inability to mark or even contest. Seems so planted during a marking contest.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    English needs to hit the scoreboard purely and simply.

Rowan Marshall kicked three goals in the first half against Sweet no reason why Timmy cannot kick 2-3 for the game.
    Marshall's role yesterday was different to the one English generally plays so not sure it's a fair requirement to ask unless Tim plays forward more than he usually does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Agreed. My comments were more about kinda defending his endurance. More about his inability to mark or even contest. Seems so planted during a marking contest.
    Yep, he really struggles in marking contests.

Tim should honestly wipe the floor with Sweet this week. The clydesdale ruckmen who aren't gifted aerobically have been fodder for him previously. Plus he should be 100% focused on atoning for the last time we played Port - he was completely destroyed by an old draughthorse who is now retired, Lycett. No better opportunity/incentive to rediscover his best form than this week - he simply needs to take the opportunity.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Marshall's role yesterday was different to the one English generally plays so not sure it's a fair requirement to ask unless Tim plays forward more than he usually does.
    Yeah I cheated a bit and didn't watch too much of before commenting re: Marshall. With Campbell there until being subbed, more of a share. However Marshall did completely own Sweet in one marking contest to get a goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Marshall did ruck a lot of the game though. Still English should be trying to push forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?