Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  83
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangaroos V Bulldogs - Round 16, 29/6/24 Marvel Stadium 1:45PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Stopping to a crawl in the last quarter was my only concern. They did a good job at dragging us down to their level.
    It was completely out of character for us and we've finished off our games well this year, even when we've been short of cattle on the bench.

Think we will see the benefit of the bye over the coming weeks, but feel we were a little too ''fresh'' on Saturday.

However also feel we need to inject some pace into the team as the mix isn't quite right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    After a cheeky start with his career Weightman has really found a good balance with his free kick drawing technique.

Still gets heaps, and puts himself in good positions to get them, but nothing too egregious. North only have themselves to blame for basically all the "dodgy" frees he got yesterday.
    I was watching the game with an Essendon mate and he was predictably scathing on Cody, but was really surprised when I got to work today and when I said ‘North were coming Jack’ to a Roos fan he launched into an expletive laden rant about Cody playing for frees.

Maybe provoked by Clarkson, though reckon everyone hates Cody is closer to it. I don’t get it, most/nearly all the frees he gets are legit?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I was watching the game with an Essendon mate and he was predictably scathing on Cody, but was really surprised when I got to work today and when I said ‘North were coming Jack’ to a Roos fan he launched into an expletive laden rant about Cody playing for frees.

Maybe provoked by Clarkson, though reckon everyone hates Cody is closer to it. I don’t get it, most/nearly all the frees he gets are legit?
    Re Bevo and Robbo on 360.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp @sirswampthing

Polling the perfect 10 @AFLCoaches

votes in 2024

1x: 36 players
    2x: 11 players
    3x: 6 players
    4x: MARCUS BONTEMPELLI
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes mighty_west liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just lick the salty tears off their faces and go about my day.

People hate admitting Cody Weightman is a legit gun. And that makes me happy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I would just lick the salty tears off their faces and go about my day.

People hate admitting Cody Weightman is a legit gun. And that makes me happy.
    I genuinely find it equal parts amusing & perplexing…I never wondered where and why people sat on Tony Liberatore, that all made sense. This Cody thing is bonkers - e.g he’s not doing the shhh thing to the crowd like Hawthorn were in Perth yesterday, that’s very hard to like.

I worry it’ll weigh on him at some point
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I genuinely find it equal parts amusing & perplexing?I never wondered where and why people sat on Tony Liberatore, that all made sense. This Cody thing is bonkers - e.g he?s not doing the shhh thing to the crowd like Hawthorn were in Perth yesterday, that?s very hard to like.

I worry it?ll weigh on him at some point
    I think he feeds off the negativity and extra attention. Loves to rub it back in their faces.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think he feeds off the negativity and extra attention. Loves to rub it back in their faces.
    Just like all the small cheeky forwards
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think he just doesn't care, it's water off a duck's back.

Imagine how well he sleeps at night, next level eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind stuff. I'd love to be as cheerful and carefree.
    "It's over. It's all over."