Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  78
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 17 VS Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    English needs to hit the scoreboard purely and simply.

Rowan Marshall kicked three goals in the first half against Sweet no reason why Timmy cannot kick 2-3 for the game.
    The fact we have Jamarra, Darcy and Naughton in The forward and Bont goes down there too means English shouldn’t go anywhere near our forward line. He should be floating around the ground going back if needed , the last thing we need is another tall in the forward line.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The fact we have Jamarra, Darcy and Naughton in The forward and Bont goes down there too means English shouldn?t go anywhere near our forward line. He should be floating around the ground going back if needed , the last thing we need is another tall in the forward line.
    Completely disagree. English has gotten plenty of goals over the years by burning off his ruck opponent to push forward and take either an uncontested mark or a contested grab against an undersized opponent. It's one of his strengths and he should 100% keep using it at opportune moments.

4. Likes jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of predicted ladders have us finishing 9th and Port 8th.

This is a huge game.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    A lot of predicted ladders have us finishing 9th and Port 8th.

This is a huge game.
    That is kind of how it works out when I do it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That is kind of how it works out when I do it.
    We simply need to win this week and then 4 of our last 7.

We are more than capable of doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We simply need to win this week and then 4 of our last 7.

We are more than capable of doing that.
    Yeah, but if we LOSE this week (which we are also capable of - it is vs PA in Adelaide which is a tough assignment) we need to win 5/7 and I'm not sure we can do it mate.

@ Port - This is super critical...
    Carlton - Likelihood = loss.
    @ Geelong - Would like to think win but history says we lose down there.
    @ Sydney - You would think this is a loss.
    Melbourne - Let's face it, Melbourne own us.
    @ at Adelaide - Adelaide are a dangerous side now the pressure is off. I hope a win but DANGER.
    North Melbourne - We SHOULD win this.
    GWS Giants (in the bush!) - Who knows the circumstances. Would like to think we win at Ballarat.

So - if we can beat GWS, North, Adelaide and Geelong then we can do what you say...but I think we lose ONE of those...which means we MUST beat either Carlton, Sydney or Melbourne (plus win this week)...

I don't see it mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay but had you considered

@ Port - free. Hinkley is going to bring himself on to try and kick a goal to save his job like my last senior coach in VAFA Div 4 did and it?s gonna cost them the game.

Carlton - free. They will put all of their effort into sustaining their Patrick Cripps total supremacy agitprop campaign which I think if you asked them is more important than team success.

@Geelong - free. UN-DE-FEAT-ED in our last one games at Geelong plus we have the mental edge from all of those letters Sedat has been sending them.

@ Sydney - free. They just lost to a team we just beat by 80 so we will win this game by at least 81 points. On our home deck too.

Melbourne - free. We got everything we need to beat them from James Harmes and his wonderful PowerPoint presentation skills.

@ Adelaide - free. Danger actually left years ago not sure if you missed this.

North - free. Cody Weightman is likely to be assassinated if he gets too close to their cheer squad though.

GWS - will they even still be in the AFL by then.

TLDR 7-0 easy gg
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Okay but had you considered

@ Port - free. Hinkley is going to bring himself on to try and kick a goal to save his job like my last senior coach in VAFA Div 4 did and it?s gonna cost them the game.

Carlton - free. They will put all of their effort into sustaining their Patrick Cripps total supremacy agitprop campaign which I think if you asked them is more important than team success.

@Geelong - free. UN-DE-FEAT-ED in our last one games at Geelong plus we have the mental edge from all of those letters Sedat has been sending them.

@ Sydney - free. They just lost to a team we just beat by 80 so we will win this game by at least 81 points. On our home deck too.

Melbourne - free. We got everything we need to beat them from James Harmes and his wonderful PowerPoint presentation skills.

@ Adelaide - free. Danger actually left years ago not sure if you missed this.

North - free. Cody Weightman is likely to be assassinated if he gets too close to their cheer squad though.

GWS - will they even still be in the AFL by then.

TLDR 7-0 easy gg
    post of the decade
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but if we LOSE this week (which we are also capable of - it is vs PA in Adelaide which is a tough assignment) we need to win 5/7 and I'm not sure we can do it mate.

@ at Adelaide - Adelaide are a dangerous side now the pressure is off. I hope a win but DANGER.
    GWS Giants (in the bush!) - Who knows the circumstances. Would like to think we win at Ballarat.

So - if we can beat GWS, North, Adelaide and Geelong then we can do what you say...but I think we lose ONE of those...which means we MUST beat either Carlton, Sydney or Melbourne (plus win this week)...

I don't see it mate.
    I can be as pessimistic as they come, but we are too good a team to not make the finals so we simply need to find a way to win enough games.

This week is huge and we need to pick a team with more pace than we had against North.

My changes are:

In - Garcia and Harmes
    Out - Gallagher and Macrae

If Duryea is out injured I?ll bring Baker in to the 22 and make Scott the sub.

13. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can be as pessimistic as they come, but we are too good a team to not make the finals so we simply need to find a way to win enough games.

This week is huge and we need to pick a team with more pace than we had against North.

My changes are:

In - Garcia and Harmes
    Out - Gallagher and Macrae

If Duryea is out injured I?ll bring Baker in to the 22 and make Scott the sub.
    I know he's slow but I thought Macrae was pretty good against North. Used the ball far better than many of his teammates did.

15. Likes lemmon, DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it mate.
    Woah woah take that frown and turn it upside down MP!

Post Thanks / Like

It feels like the situation with Hinkley is too volatile for the club to be able to perform at their optimum. He still has the players but it cannot be good for internal morale to have some board members not 100% aligned on direction. The win against St Kilda was kind of perfect for us this week - they keep the wolves at bay but clearly are not playing to their optimum. Also playing back at home this week in front of their hostile and unhinged supporters might actually be even more difficult for them psychologically than playing away.

We need to smash them at the source like we did to Freo. Like the Dockers, their midfield is their strength even if 1-2 of them aren't at their absolute best. JHF is though, and he was fantastic against the Saints. We need to put a lot of work into him to blunt his damage at clearance - he is basically Nick Daicos without all the media fapping.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I can be as pessimistic as they come,
    No way.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Woah woah take that frown and turn it upside down MP!
    LOL.

When we're marking down games vs Melbourne and games down at Geelong as wins I've got concerns I'm even on the right forum.

We ALWAYS lose to Melbourne (I mean, even the "best prepared, fittest, strongest" etc team lost to them back in round 1) and we ALWAYS lose at Geelong.

So that means we have to beat Carlton and Sydney away in order to make it? I can't see it.