Thanks Thanks:  82
Likes Likes:  373
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Okay nevermind it's vital Cody average above 2.2 goals for the good of the team and no other reason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stringer is scared of body contact
    With Jake it all depends on what type of body contact you are talking about, Avoids it at all costs on the ground but quite partial to it otherwise.

3. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by bornadog; 03-07-2024 at 10:18 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks angelopetraglia, dadsgirl16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cody Weightman re-signs with Western Bulldogs until 2027 in a massive show of faith link:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d7c6a9592b28c8

The first thing Cody Weightman did on Tuesday morning was go give Luke Beveridge a hug. He tells SAM LANDSBERGER how much it meant to see his mentor stand up for him on TV on Monday night, and why it valiated his decision to re-sign.

Re-signed Western Bulldogs goalkicker Cody Weightman walked up to Luke Beveridge on Tuesday morning and gave him a hug.

?I really appreciated him standing up for me,? Weightman told this masthead.

?As players you don?t feel like you have a voice and you?ve just got to cop some stuff that comes your way.

?But for him to go into bat for me and say what I felt was quite nice. I certainly went up to him and thanked him for that.

?He?s someone that just backs us in as players and it?s so important to feel that.?

Weightman has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs until 2027 in a massive show of faith in the Bulldogs and in Beveridge, putting pen to paper on Sunday and announcing the decision on Wednesday.

It also followed a weekend of critics foolishly accusing him of milking two free kicks on Saturday.

But they were clear-cut frees and on Monday night on AFL360 Beveridge ? in his words ? ?danced down the pitch? to smash those claims for six.

?What has he done wrong there? He?s been grabbed around the neck?? Beveridge said on AFL360.

?He?s got that much courage, and I?ll protect him and go into bat for him for however the day is long.

?He plays with a velocity and a courage like the best small forwards do in the game. That?s why he?s such a good player.

?We?re talking about a young fellow who has played with a dislocated elbow and three times that?s happened before he?s needed to fix it with surgery.?

Weightman is a star ? not a stager ? and he will continue to light up the Dogs forward line until at least 2027, as revealed by the Herald Sun.

Weightman is the AFL?s No. 1 player for goalkicking accuracy this season with the sharpshooter converting 20.4.

The sharpshooter?s return from his most recent dislocated elbow came almost three weeks early against Fremantle in the latest sign of his bravery.

He has undergone five surgeries in his short career but has played through pain repeatedly to help the Dogs.

Beveridge said on Monday that Weightman ?almost falls off the threshold at the bravery end of the continuum? in a powerful interview on AFL360.

?We?re talking about a young fellow who has played with a dislocated elbow and three times that?s happened before he?s needed to fix it with surgery,? Beveridge said.

?He plays with a velocity and a courage like the best small forwards do in the game. That?s why he?s such a good player.?

?The elbow is the obvious one because it?s a bit gross and it pops out, but I?ve had five surgeries now,? Weightman said.

?I feel right now my body is actually quite healthy and I?m getting a decent run at it.

?It?s pretty normal players playing through injuries and then you get to the end of the year and get cut up pretty quickly and fixed.

?The ability to play through injuries ? we saw ?Bont? (captain Marcus Bontempelli) on the weekend, a (back) spasm during the week and his ability to put that behind him and just play such good footy.

?That?s what the best players do, so it?s something I?m searching for in my game to not succumb to any injury and just play through stuff.?

Weightman, 23, was not due to fall out of contract until the end of 2025. But when the club offered a contract he was thrilled to jump the list management queue and on Sunday the ink dried on a deal that will take him through to free agency.

Weightman?s signature follows fellow goalkickers Aaron Naughton (2032) and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (2026) re-signing in the past 12 months.

?I hadn?t even thought about my next contract until it was brought up to me, so it?s a bonus to be able to get it done so early,? Weightman said.

?The last couple of times I?ve been fortunate enough that the club?s come a bit earlier and started communications about re-signing.

?That?s a blessing because you don?t have to worry about it that much.

?The club are obviously happy enough to give me that, and I?m really happy to stay so it was a bit of a no-brainer once the offer was there.

?I?m stoked to be staying at the kennel and pretty happy about it and settled in, so it?s nice to be calling it home for another three (years) at least.?

The Dogs head to Adelaide Oval ? Weightman?s favourite venue, owing to the pre-entertainment and surface ? to tackle the Power in a genuine eight-point game on Saturday.

?We?ve worked really hard to get ourselves to a position where we?re slightly ahead of the ledger now,? Weightman said.

?It comes down to wanting it or fearing it more and it feels like the group right now wants it more than we?re fearing it.

?We?ve got a pretty solid draw, which is exciting, too, because if we can get it done we feel we?ll go into finals with some confidence and some momentum.

?The prospect of winning a premiership he is real and alive.?

As for the unwanted attention this week?

Weightman said he was grateful to Beveridge. He ?loves? playing for the only senior coach he has ever had.

?For me I just put my phone away and don?t consume much of that stuff,? Weightman said.

?But it is nice to have people back you up and make sure my side of the story is listened to.?

7. Thanks Sedat, jeemak, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy he has extended. He's a hell of a player, and natural forward.

Averages more goals per game than any player on our list. Is the 3rd most accurate kick for goal in history for players with over 100 shots (7th of players with over 50 shots) and is clearly a good and positive teammate.

We are far better with him out there.

9. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hopeful that with a bit more continuity Cody makes it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sorry jee. More chance of Treloar buying in and we all know that just will not happen.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think he'll need an attitudinal adjustment if he's going to make it. He's like a rolling thunder of negative energy and those types never buoy the people around them.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that hackers have broken the Code.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It appears that hackers have broken the Code.
    Booooo but also not bad.

When the boss shitposts, people should listen.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Something is wrong when Damo is backing Bevo...

IF ...
    being on the same page and headspace as Bevo is something I haven't often found myself on ...

THEN ...
    weird times this week. I was there this week. Fully agreed with him in his fierce defence of Cody Weightman. And really glad he spoke up when others were ridiculously questioning Cody's character.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Something is wrong when Damo is backing Bevo...

IF ...
    being on the same page and headspace as Bevo is something I haven't often found myself on ...

THEN ...
    weird times this week. I was there this week. Fully agreed with him in his fierce defence of Cody Weightman. And really glad he spoke up when others were ridiculously questioning Cody's character.
    I rarely agree with Damo, but article for IF... then... I agreed on the above and this point :
    AND THIS ONE'S FOR THE AFL
    IF ...
    I was Andrew Dillon ...

THEN ...
    while I understand his need to publicly support his under-siege umpires and football department, I wouldn't have said: "I think it's as good as it's ever been, the umpiring." Simply because it's not.

umpiring has been pathetic this year.

W.B vs Lions game.
    5mins left in 3rd quarter, frees 5-20 in favour of Lions. In the end it was 16-24 at the siren. x3 number of frees awarded in a quarter of footy.

this is one data set example of many.

19. Likes josie liked this post