• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.64%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 4.92%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Who rucks next year?
    Dunkley
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Where is bloody Danjul?

If Lobb has cemented himself at CBH by the end of the year moving him to the ruck to avoid paying English feels like playing silly buggers. Leaves us with 2 rucks, if we put to the side for a moment our interest in Barass that's totally leading to a trade and in no way is just to pressure WCE into doing the contract extension.
    Again with the tall wagging the dog. You want team success you put the players in the spots which best suits the team not the individual. We missed Grundy for this very reason. Lobb is the best option as a backup ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is bloody Danjul?

If Lobb has cemented himself at CBH by the end of the year moving him to the ruck to avoid paying English feels like playing silly buggers. Leaves us with 2 rucks, if we put to the side for a moment our interest in Barass that's totally leading to a trade and in no way is just to pressure WCE into doing the contract extension.
    Put aside Lobb is a good CHB as well then.
    What?s more likely anyway? Barrass coming, Lobb become a good CHB or us developing a decent CHB with our young guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Again with the tall wagging the dog. You want team success you put the players in the spots which best suits the team not the individual. We missed Grundy for this very reason. Lobb is the best option as a backup ruck.
    I do agree kind of, it's like the Naughton argument where's he's really good as a CHF but for team balance with all our forward stocks he may have been more valuable for the "team structure" at CHB, hopefully now Lobb can cement that position for the rest of his career with us, as that would be awesome for our structure going forward and would stop that argument about the Naughton move, if we also magically are able to get Barrass then even better, that really strengthens up our back end, am i confident in getting Barrass? no, but there is always hope when there are reports of the club making a huge play.

As for Tim, i'd rather keep him but wouldn't be shattered if he was to move on, as his best asset is something we have enough of, talls around the ground who can take a grab, Jones and Lobb with his big bucket hands, Naughty, Jamarra and Darce are all great marks, they all move well too and impact the game away from their set positions.

But if Tim was to move on we would have to have a play in the making to bring in an experienced or sorts ruckman to play as our number 1, who would that be? who knows but i'm sure the Sam "Powers" at be should be having all bases covered there. (parden the pun)

Post Thanks / Like

I like how you pretend to know the reasoning for not pursuing Grundy. Please enlighten us if you have the inside scoop

I think you're letting the tail wag the dog if (in this admittedly hypothetical scenario for now) you're willing to move someone who has actually locked down a crucial position (key defender) to make them play a role that they're decent at so you can justify not paying someone what's likely an extra 200K. Who exactly we play down back instead of Lobb is not exactly clear either so there's a gap somewhere in this scenario regardless. Isn't that a bad outcome for our fortunes next year? Isn't that getting in the way of team success?

Now if Lobb has a shit week and gets exiled it's all moot and he's back as an option for first ruck but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.

Do you mean backup ruck or alternate option for first ruck. Because I think I remember you arguing that he was too expensive to be a backup so I assume you mean the latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I do agree kind of, it's like the Naughton argument where's he's really good as a CHF but for team balance with all our forward stocks he may have been more valuable for the "team structure" at CHB, hopefully now Lobb can cement that position for the rest of his career with us, as that would be awesome for our structure going forward and would stop that argument about the Naughton move, if we also magically are able to get Barrass then even better, that really strengthens up our back end, am i confident in getting Barrass? no, but there is always hope when there are reports of the club making a huge play.

As for Tim, i'd rather keep him but wouldn't be shattered if he was to move on, as his best asset is something we have enough of, talls around the ground who can take a grab, Jones and Lobb with his big bucket hands, Naughty, Jamarra and Darce are all great marks, they all move well too and impact the game away from their set positions.

But if Tim was to move on we would have to have a play in the making to bring in an experienced or sorts ruckman to play as our number 1, who would that be? who knows but i'm sure the Sam "Powers" at be should be having all bases covered there. (parden the pun)
    That's the issue. The market seems kind of bare this year. That GC bloke seemed a main target for a few clubs and he signed on. Port brought in 2 options that haven't set the world on fire. Maybe there's a smokey out there but there are probably 20 other plodders you'd have to get through to find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Dunkley
    That's his ironic punishment in hell along with not bland mexican food

Post Thanks / Like

That's his ironic punishment in hell along with not bland mexican food
    He has rucked for Brisbane when they had injuries early on
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the issue. The market seems kind of bare this year. That GC bloke seemed a main target for a few clubs and he signed on. Port brought in 2 options that haven't set the world on fire. Maybe there's a smokey out there but there are probably 20 other plodders you'd have to get through to find them.
    Yeah Moyle would have been a good get although there were a few clubs asking the question apparently and GC moved fast to give him a very nice pay rise, i wonder if Rowan Marshall or Tristan Xerri would like to play in a team ready to take on finals and earn a nice big fat pay rise at the same time?

Post Thanks / Like

I like how you pretend to know the reasoning for not pursuing Grundy. Please enlighten us if you have the inside scoop
    You don't remember we went for Lobb instead. English had to be the first ruck. Hardly a scoop

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're letting the tail wag the dog if (in this admittedly hypothetical scenario for now) you're willing to move someone who has actually locked down a crucial position (key defender) to make them play a role that they're decent at so you can justify not paying someone what's likely an extra 200K. Who exactly we play down back instead of Lobb is not exactly clear either so there's a gap somewhere in this scenario regardless. Isn't that a bad outcome for our fortunes next year? Isn't that getting in the way of team success?
    When did Lobb suddenly become Harris Andrews? He might be but even if he does he is 31 now.

Now if Lobb has a shit week and gets exiled it's all moot and he's back as an option for first ruck but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.
    So only your hypotheticals are plausible

Do you mean backup ruck or alternate option for first ruck. Because I think I remember you arguing that he was too expensive to be a backup so I assume you mean the latter.
    Now you are just making stuff up

Post Thanks / Like

You don't remember we went for Lobb instead. English had to be the first ruck. Hardly a scoop
    You're just making up the reasoning. It may have been we were already committed to Lobb, it may have been we thought Grundy was cooked. You have no way of knowing for sure but speak with such certainty.

Post Thanks / Like

You're just making up the reasoning. It may have been we were already committed to Lobb, it may have been we thought Grundy was cooked. You have no way of knowing for sure but speak with such certainty.
    No its obvious we went for Lobb and because of that we couldn't go for Grundy

Post Thanks / Like

When did Lobb suddenly become Harris Andrews? He might be but even if he does he is 31 now.
    if (in this admittedly hypothetical scenario for now) you're willing to move someone who has actually locked down a crucial position (key defender)
    Just a hypothetical that he plays the position to a decent level for the rest of the year I'm not sure why that's not a valid scenario to consider. As for his age. Yes. He is 31. Well done? Not sure what that has to do with our Team Success.
    So only your hypotheticals are plausible
    IDK what you mean I'm just admitting that if he doesn't perform my hypothetical is redundant.
    Now you are just making stuff up
    Gee not to quote myself again but
    I do remember someone very insistent that 550K is far too much to pay for a backup ruck and they conducted themselves a lot like you as I recall but that's, once again, my recollection. Deny it was you if you please, I could be wrong, but I'm not making anything up.

Edit:
    ? Not sure what you trying to say here?
    Lobb was recruited as forward ruck but is now mainly playing as a vfl ruck. If we wanted a backup ruck, there are always cheap and reasonable options like Naismith, goldsmith , etc I highly doubt Sweet is on 500K too.
    Not arguing Macrae is on big coin, slightly different as he still playing firsts.
    As I wrote already, we won’t be getting much for either if traded.
    This is what I was referring to.

Sorry to everyone for breaking the Narc rule but I feel I was provoked

Post Thanks / Like

No its obvious we went for Lobb and because of that we couldn't go for Grundy
    No, it's obvious we didn't want Grundy because we'd have gone after him the year before.

See I can say stuff with nothing to back it up too. Doesn't mean I'm right.

For all you know we did approach him and he said no twice. You. Just. Don't. Know

Anyway even if Barass comes to us, Jones is I believe 60 years old so I'm sure we can work things out if Lobb is competent in defence.