• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.64%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 4.92%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are you trolling the entire board?
    Kinda Azabob. I think it’s better for my blood pressure than actually watching the game.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing is we need to recalibrate the poll. No club in their right mind would pay $1M.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a very small and lonely bandwagon way back in 2019.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    One thing is we need to recalibrate the poll. No club in their right mind would pay $1M.
    I'd be happy to redo it but I think you need a new thread to start a new poll. Unless it's something a mod can tweak

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'd be happy to redo it but I think you need a new thread to start a new poll. Unless it's something a mod can tweak
    Are you suggesting it's time for a jeemak "Trade English" thread?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

No worries it’s worthy of another comic thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lobb & Darcy is a decent ruck duo. I still think we need mature ruck support though.
    The English experiment is over. He'd be a good second ruck/forward but he's not the main man.
    The experiment was over 5 years ago but when it comes to making big decisions, this club is laggard.

Anyone could see that he didn?t have the physical intensity (in colloquial terms we?d say ?pea heart?) back then, even I was holding out hope that he?d break out of it but it?s just who he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read a stat that says that in his 16 games this season English has lost the hit outs to his opponent 14 times and the other two contests were draws. While the devil is in the detail it does confirm we are more or less okay with the concept of losing the hit outs but gaining his mobility around the ground.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just read a stat that says that in his 16 games this season English has lost the hit outs to his opponent 14 times and the other two contests were draws. While the devil is in the detail it does confirm we are more or less okay with the concept of losing the hit outs but gaining his mobility around the ground.
    Unless we play our nemesis Sweety! Then he is banished for Darcy.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion we have wasted a lot of success in the way we have used English. We put him where the ball is going from instead of where it is going to.

with a tap ruckman in his prime giving the ball to our midfields who delivered to English we would have been in more finals and won more finals. Unfortunately we took a different path and wasted a good era.

Also, we do play English in a semi-Hunter (the player) role where he gets into space off to the side, accepts a pass and then does a 20 m sideways chip to a small player. This slows our transition from defence and allows the opposition to cover our forwards.

Yesterday the Port game plan quickly bypassed their ruckman and got ball forward as quickly as possible. Then the ruckman restarted things as needed.

English is a great talent, successful player and, like a few others, wasted opportunity.

Sad.

11. Likes DOG GOD, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    In my opinion we have wasted a lot of success in the way we have used English. We put him where the ball is going from instead of where it is going to.

with a tap ruckman in his prime giving the ball to our midfields who delivered to English we would have been in more finals and won more finals. Unfortunately we took a different path and wasted a good era.

Also, we do play English in a semi-Hunter (the player) role where he gets into space off to the side, accepts a pass and then does a 20 m sideways chip to a small player. This slows our transition from defence and allows the opposition to cover our forwards.

Yesterday the Port game plan quickly bypassed their ruckman and got ball forward as quickly as possible. Then the ruckman restarted things as needed.

English is a great talent, successful player and, like a few others, wasted opportunity.

Sad.
    Drives me mad

Post Thanks / Like

Drives me mad
    Tim's another one of those players who thinks it's awesome if he's the one who kicks it. Irrespective of his skills, there's still nothing worse on a footy field than a ruckman with ambitions.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still sits 4th in AFL for Hitouts to Adv. Hitouts are useless unless your team can get their hands on the ball. Rozee and Butler completely torched our mids in the first half by being able to win the ball from ruck contests and use their pace to runaway from the contest.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Tim's another one of those players who thinks it's awesome if he's the one who kicks it. Irrespective of his skills, there's still nothing worse on a footy field than a ruckman with ambitions.
    Needs a quick paced player always running past and getting the handball off English so the ball moves quickly. Gary Dempsey one of the all time great ruckman, rarely kicked the ball, he was a shocking kick. However, he always had someone there to take the handball and move the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The compo right now is Pick 9.

If Tim played at another club. Would we be targeting him with a $1M multi year deal and foregoing Pick 9?

No.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023