Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power V Bulldogs - Round 17, Sat 6/7/24 Adelaide Oval 1:45PM AEST

Essendon win, Dogs huge loss...I'm going for a long walk
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes G-Mo77, EasternWest, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Ya know in pondering more there's absolutely no question that Marra has been stinking it up lately, but I can't recall a moment today where he was hit on a lead.

Just had the ball dropped on his head a lot and made to fend for himself.

I also think in the contest when the commentators were saying he "only goes for it with one hand" he was legit trying to tap it to Macrae who would have run into an open goal.

I dunno. He's playing poorly but we need to get around him.
    Come on. He needs to work hard. He drops his head and has no second effort. He is on $1m.

Post Thanks / Like

A dog of a day. The win from Port was set up in that first quarter via Rozee who we did not clamp.

Bont was quiet today but still got some goals. Libba and Trelaor worked hard. Lobb has been good down back. We miss Jones down there and I'm hoping he is right to go next week along with Weightman who we missed forward.

Jamarra needs to do better and has a lot of work still to do.

We got well beaten through the midfield and gave their forwards plenty of opportunities. JHF was a handful.

Now or never now for season 2024 the next few weeks with games against the Blues at Marvel, Cats down at Geelong, Swans at the SCG and the Demons back at Marvel. Going to be tough if we don't pick up.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Meanwhile typical Sweet game, 6 disposals.
    I'm a Timmy fan but Sweet took him to the cleaners especially early which reflected on the scoreboard as their mids had a field day, we know Sweet doesn't do a lot around the ground but his impact on the game was immense in the middle which set their win up, Tim looked spooked by a plodder who has very good ruck craft, fortunately Tim got himself back in the game but the damage was done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Game was lost in first quarter. Game over.
    Eerily similar in our favour to when we beat Gold Coast in Ballarat Round 2 which came from some early Cody brilliance.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I have no idea how that was only eight goals.
    Dogs back?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Come on. He needs to work hard. He drops his head and has no second effort. He is on $1m.
    Did I not open with that?

He's underperforming terribly but our delivery to him is just woeful.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Did I not open with that?

He's underperforming terribly but our delivery to him is just woeful.
    He had it delivered down his throat 4 or 5 times last week and coughed every one of them up. Today he didn't get that kind of delivery but we needed him to compete and fight but he was continually outmarked by an average player and his effort to get involved after that was just as poor.

Need to stop making excuses for him, he gets a free ride every week but he wanted big bucks and so it's about time we start demanding more from him instead of dancing around it.

On form he shouldn't be in this side.
    W00F!

11. Likes EasternWest, Bullies, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil best on today.

Effort man he had it in spades.

Garcia can't get a game?

Just finished the game.

Very similar to the Lions mauling. Midfield smashed. Richards in there maybe isn't the magic bullet we thought. Makes losing Baz and Dunks all the more painful.

Half back was a disaster. No run, completely stopped dead. Didn't help we somehow decided to have Freijah inexplicably the sub. Where's the run coming from Bevo? Not Richards he can never play there again I guess?

Darcy in first cb. Lmfao. We got spooked by Sweety!

Haynes level of crazy things that happen at the start of vames when you over think shit.

All in all a disastrous afternoon and with the games to come the only thing to look forward to is the pick in the top 6 we will be watching GC use. Be good to see what might have been.

I haven't read anything from this thread above. Marra probably copping it, man I'd hate to be a forward with the kicks that come in there. Nightmare. Not sure any one tall played really well. English probably the best, then Lobb.

13. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty shameful.

Laid all our issues bare and pulled our pants down in every facet of the game. Someone didn’t do their homework.

So disappointing.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Massive kick in the guts. There may be a lot of pain ahead of us in the run home. It will take a massive turn around to win next week. We need stellar performances from half a dozen players. I don't think it's going to happen.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thoughts from Beveridge in his press conference around our three key forwards.

Twice he hinted that maybe our forward line is better suited to how we lined up against Fremantle. Not the players as such but the type of players. Once Naughton is ready to come back it will be an interesting watch.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crapballs, I spent the afternoon outdoors in Melbourne like cold up, with very strong winds here in Brisbane at my daughter's netball. I somehow forgot to dress appropriately, and both froze and got an earache...and yet it seems like I still had a better afternoon than were I to have stayed home and watched the game.
    Yowzers those types of performances just suck the wind right out of your sails as a supporter.

Not having seen the game, and I don't think I will, I can see Naughts is concussed and also JOD was also injured. Did Naughts' concussion look really bad? And is JOD going to miss weeks with his injury?

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Holy crapballs, I spent the afternoon outdoors in Melbourne like cold up, with very strong winds here in Brisbane at my daughter's netball. I somehow forgot to dress appropriately, and both froze and got an earache...and yet it seems like I still had a better afternoon than were I to have stayed home and watched the game.
    Yowzers those types of performances just suck the wind right out of your sails as a supporter.

Not having seen the game, and I don't think I will, I can see Naughts is concussed and also JOD was also injured. Did Naughts' concussion look really bad? And is JOD going to miss weeks with his injury?
    Both concussed. Neither bad. Naughton copped a swinging back hander and JOD was dumb
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

JOD was always going to be late to a contest so he decided to run at it with his face and bounced off the marking opponent with a concussion for his efforts.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.