Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 17, 2024 vs Port Adelaide

The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Port.
    Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 17, 2024 vs Port Adelaide

DBJ kicking that goal. He’s a truly rubbish footballer and if he’s kicking those you don’t win.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Started on Thursday when we named Khamis and McNeil as replacements for 2 stars.

4. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting English forward.

What a weak as piss move it was.

6. Likes jDogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few minutes in when Vandermeer decided to handball (which failed) instead of kicking the first goal of the game from 20m out.

8. Likes bornadog, Boots, kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Yes agree. What a statement.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, a couple.of weeks ago when Bevo decided not to continue a midfield rotation consisting of Lobb, West, Richards and even Garcia. We really need a point of difference.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I dunno, a couple.of weeks ago when Bevo decided not to continue a midfield rotation consisting of Lobb, West, Richards and even Garcia. We really need a point of difference.
    The Garcia stuff is baffling. Absolutely baffling.

Post Thanks / Like

Great call. The last quarter against Collingwood was a breathe of fresh air and kids showing us the future. Then as soon as we could go back to same old set up which wasn’t working, we’ve gone back to it. Bevo had a shocker and is having a shocker.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    A few minutes in when Vandermeer decided to handball (which failed) instead of kicking the first goal of the game from 20m out.
    This for me too
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Any or all of the first quarter goal opportunities missed. Seems to me that the air just went out of the game.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

That was like an admission of defeat.

We have persisted with English for an eternity but he comes up against the player we could have been selecting and we simply decide to protect him from that ex team mate.

It really said WE DO NOT BELIEVE and we proceeded to play without belief.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The Garcia stuff is baffling. Absolutely baffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Great call. The last quarter against Collingwood was a breathe of fresh air and kids showing us the future. Then as soon as we could go back to same old set up which wasn?t working, we?ve gone back to it. Bevo had a shocker and is having a shocker.
    How did the change in tack or reversion go against the Fremantle midfield that monstered us first time around?

I've been after more diversity in the midfield rotations for a couple of years, and enjoyed the recent changes prior to the reversion, but at some point whoever you choose needs to show up like they've shown they can (in Saturday's case over a long period of time).

It's possible that keeping the regulars on their toes with more frequent changes to the mix is a good thing, something I think will be easier to do when Libba's retired given he can't play multiple positions.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

When the team sheet was announced, the players looked at the backline and like me had negative thoughts going in. We lost that game before it began.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the general vibe in the first 8 - 10 minutes or so, I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.

Those 2 goals missed by set shots in the first also set a pretty big stinky tone.