Post Thanks / Like

The Monday Soapbox - R17

Lets hear them?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soapbox - R17

I'm too flat to be on my soapbox.

Um.....

Concussions? Like WTF already. Are we going overboard here. A concussion is literally when your brain crashes into the side of your skull.

These tests they are using - how bullet proof are they?

I'm specifically talking about the Naughton one which appeared innocuous. I mean those are pretty common place playing footy, I know I was clocked a few times by someone's elbow when they were handballing out of a pack.

This is a version of the test for Rugby (not sure if we use the same one).

https://www.fitasaphysio.com/uploads...b_hia_1_en.pdf

I have no data, but we appear to be copping more of these than other teams.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are still some discussion regarding Simpson being replaced as coach before the seasons over. I wonder if that move will happen

The WA teams have put a proposal forward that would have the Vic teams playing one extra game over in WA every five years to cut back the hours their teams need to fly each season. Is that something people could live with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There are still some discussion regarding Simpson being replaced as coach before the seasons over. I wonder if that move will happen

The WA teams have put a proposal forward that would have the Vic teams playing one extra game over in WA every five years to cut back the hours their teams need to fly each season. Is that something people could live with?
    It’s a national competition. Sorry, not sorry.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes chef, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we decipher this from Kane?

Naughton attempts to make a lead, Zerk-Thatcher throws out an arm and collects him (deliberately or not), which concusses Naughton.
    Kane Cornes: "It's almost Aaron Naughton's fault for running his head into his elbow".

Based on this surely Naughton gets reported for head butting Zerk-Thatcher elbow?

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton attempts to make a lead, Zerk-Thatcher throws out an arm and collects him (deliberately or not), which concusses Naughton.
    Kane Cornes: "It's almost Aaron Naughton's fault for running his head into his elbow".

Based on this surely Naughton gets reported for head butting Zerk-Thatcher elbow?
    Ignore it. He wants attention, so deny him that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get reported for getting someone high when trying to get separation then getting someone high when trying to impede them should be reportable.

Zerk-Thatcher was trying to impede Naughton, irrespective of whether Naughton's body was lower than usual Zerk-Thatcher initiated the contact and now Naughton is off for a week or more.

The culture of blaming people who don't initiate contact for where the contact lands on the body is silly but becoming more prevalent in the AFL.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

He is saying Zerk-Thatcher should be reported
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post