Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  85
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 18 VS Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    #coachkiller
    What a hill to die on!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Khamis at fullback is "surprising" as is Garcia not getting a game before McNeil and Vandermeer. Curnow is currently $1.80 for the Coleman, get on before his price is odds on

Post Thanks / Like

In future our upcoming victory will be known as " The Miracle at Marvel" and people's chests will fill with pride when they tell their children and grandchildren: "I WAS THERE!"
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    #coachkiller
    Not much we can do, our injury list is horrendous. Jones, JOD, Gardner, Keath (do you trust him), Naughton, makes it difficult.

Hopefully our mids will come to play
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Where are you slotting him in Kruder?
    The same role he was playing before he was dropped for little reason. His kicking inside 50 was a feature during his previous run in the side, has time generally when the umpires don't decide to play pay holding he ball for one week and agree I think he can play mid longer term but I don't think its a case he has to wait in the VFL until a spot arrives.

Any idea of why Poulter was picked? Baker sub one week then dropped the next, now um I've got an idea lets give Poulter a try?

We had some momentum I was really enjoying the season but I'm really scared for Bevo right now I have my fingers crossed and will be supporting hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Curnow could break Fred Flanning's record this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a suggestion Curnow's nursing a dodgy ankle he injured during warm-ups so I hope his opponent's been invited to channel the spirit of Steve Kretiuk this week.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes merantau, DOG GOD, Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath can't be as ready as we need him to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not much we can do, our injury list is horrendous. Jones, JOD, Gardner, Keath (do you trust him), Naughton, makes it difficult.

Hopefully our mids will come to play
    If the selection panel doesn’t trust Keath then why did we just pay him out at the end of last year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Keath can't be as ready as we need him to be.
    Why make him emergency then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The same role he was playing before he was dropped for little reason. His kicking inside 50 was a feature during his previous run in the side, has time generally when the umpires don't decide to play pay holding he ball for one week and agree I think he can play mid longer term but I don't think its a case he has to wait in the VFL until a spot arrives.

Any idea of why Poulter was picked? Baker sub one week then dropped the next, now um I've got an idea lets give Poulter a try?

We had some momentum I was really enjoying the season but I'm really scared for Bevo right now I have my fingers crossed and will be supporting hard.
    Poulter had the winning ticket this week. Garcia can’t afford them

Post Thanks / Like

The lack of selection integrity and lack of consistency ****ing shits me to tears.

He has so much faith in some, and so little in others.

I know the selection of players on the fringes will make **** all difference to the result this week, but geez it shits me.

#inbevowetrust

15. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pittonet in the ruck and TDK at full forward is interesting and possibly (hopefully?) a tell.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    If the selection panel doesn’t trust Keath then why did we just pay him out at the end of last year?
    I mean ready after his injury and needs a stint in VFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How do you reckon we beat the Blues Danjul?

I like hearing your take.
    I am a bit late now the team is out but like many l am concerned about JUH. In my opinion we are not using him well. Yes he is getting a goal or two every game. But why not 5 now and then?

Because nonsense rules. We demanded change a couple of years ago and they gave us the four headed monster. We lapped it up and it was a fake. Encouraged long bombs into a forward line with at least 8 competing for every ball. The opposition saw this and made it 7 competing and one to bring the ball out. Look at the Freo game. Two heads missing and 20+ goals.

One of the games that left both good and bad impressions was 2022 against Melbourne.

Melbourne was second on the ladder and we were just outside it. We selected Josh Bruce who was clearly not ready. A Bevo classic. I took a screenshot of the afl stats page at three quarter time. Bruce: 0 possessions. Dogs about 2 goals behind. Playing pretty well but just not good enough.

But JUH put in a match winning performance. 5 goals 0 behinds. He was not bouncing off teammates and opponents. He was out near the 50 m arc with space, momentum and balance. Out near me.

Put him in his natural environment. Probably won?t work immediately, too much damage done and confidence lost. For that I blame blame everyone except Jamarra. If he could do it years ago why are we preventing it now?

I once saw saw Franklin destroy us, he kicked his goals from similar positions.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post