Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tribunal / suspensions 2024

Happy with the 4th week for Rankine, thought he would come back against us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Happy with the 4th week for Rankine, thought he would come back against us
    Scratch that, he's back for our game. Someone can't count!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The AFL have given him an out by saying it was intentional.

Webster slipped - so the Swans will argue it was CARELESS and he did not INTENTIONALLY make high contact. And he will WIN on those grounds...
    Yeah all these words, careless, reckless, intentional, i mean if you bump someone and cause a concussion by hitting the head even though you didn't mean to hit him in the head, doesn't matter, you bump and make head contact you're suspended, so in effect, even if it was an accident what Heeney did, he swung his arm back, made head high contact and with enough force to make him bleed, got him head high, i guess that must be different compared to a bump, yep i'm confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Scratch that, he's back for our game. Someone can't count!
    Same with Gawn 2-3 weeks out.

We play Melbourne in four weeks.

Footy gods do not like us at the moment.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Yeah all these words, careless, reckless, intentional, i mean if you bump someone and cause a concussion by hitting the head even though you didn't mean to hit him in the head, doesn't matter, you bump and make head contact you're suspended, so in effect, even if it was an accident what Heeney did, he swung his arm back, made head high contact and with enough force to make him bleed, got him head high, i guess that must be different compared to a bump, yep i'm confused.
    Tell me how it is different to the Naughton hit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    To me, was it Zerk-Thatcher? was simply moving his body positioning but enough to somehow clock Naughty on the snoz (which i still find it strange how he was "concussed", but that's another topic for another day), was 100% incidental contact imo, where's Heeney swung his arm back to make contact where's ZT didn't, probably to get a jump start to lose contact with Webster, and in effect clocked him on the snoz, similar results but different actions, just my opinion.

So basically, Heeney's was a deliberate action to make contact and ZT's wasn't, again, just the way i saw it.
    Last edited by mighty_west; 08-07-2024 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added an extra 5%

Post Thanks / Like

To me, was it Zerk-Thatcher? was simply moving his body positioning but enough to somehow clock Naughty on the snoz (which i still find it strange how he was "concussed", but that's another topic for another day), was 100% incidental contact imo, where's Heeney swung his arm back to make contact where's ZT didn't, probably to get a jump start to lose contact with Webster, and in effect clocked him on the snoz, similar results but different actions, just my opinion.

So basically, Heeney's was a deliberate action to make contact and ZT's wasn't, again, just the way i saw it.
    In my opinion, ZT did throw his arm back to try and block Naughton's run at the ball

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, ZT did throw his arm back to try and block Naughton's run at the ball

Yeah one still frame doesn't mean anything to me, from the footage it looked incidental, i mean the tribunal didn't need to take it further nor they should have from how i saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were the Swan's lawyers this is the footage I'd be showing the Tribunal. Naughton should have received a free kick for high contact at the least.

Aren't there 4 umpires out there watching this stuff or are they all ball watching?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe Heeney only got 1 week for that. Heeney looks back, throws a clenched fist into the face of the St Kilda player and draws blood.

In the NHL it would be a 5 minute major penalty and a game misconduct. The cowardly AFL flat refuses to bring in a send off rule, so Heeney should have got a minimum of 3 weeks. It had the potential to be another Barry Hall on Brent Staker coward punch.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I cannot believe Heeney only got 1 week for that. Heeney looks back, throws a clenched fist into the face of the St Kilda player and draws blood.

In the NHL it would be a 5 minute major penalty and a game misconduct. The cowardly AFL flat refuses to bring in a send off rule, so Heeney should have got a minimum of 3 weeks. It had the potential to be another Barry Hall on Brent Staker coward punch.
    Pretty long bow between Hall and Heeney.

I really think he is unlucky, especially when compared to Jesse Hogan who punched someone in the face (0 weeks) and Butters who did it twice in a month (2x fines).

Then you've also got the Charlie Cameron good record defence - Heeney has a very similar record, but it didn't matter in this instance.

For me, he tried to swat away Websters arms which were holding him. Websters face was lower than expected, and there was inadvertent contact. It happens in almost every contest between a decent forward and good defender. And then, even IF they are saying it's reportable, the penalty is inconsistent with previous examples.

13. Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah one still frame doesn't mean anything to me, from the footage it looked incidental, i mean the tribunal didn't need to take it further nor they should have from how i saw it.
    But is it just incidental when a player is trying to run to space and another player throws his arm back for "touch" with force around head height and concusses a player?

People are blaming Naughton for being a bit low, and running forward into an arm that was going back for "touch" with force. The reality is Naughton should be able to run at the footy and is allowed to be stopped from doing so with body position as long as the hit doesn't get him above the shoulder or below the knees.

He didn't lead with the head, he was just a bit low. A bit like tackling we're making excuses for players who are either getting to the ball second or trying to impede an opponent off the ball. Both of those things are fine, but expecting the player with the ball or the player running to position to be perfectly upright so they can take on contact that might hit them high is so ****en stupid it drives me mad.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the video put out by Sydney and Heeney apologising to fans. It was really pathetic. GWS mocked it with Toby Greene copying Heeney and aplogising for the fine he got. very funny

Here they are:

Sydney: https://x.com/sydneyswans/status/1811341664788906004

GWS: https://x.com/GWSGIANTS/status/1811622792317772082

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the video put out by Sydney and Heeney apologising to fans. It was really pathetic. GWS mocked it with Toby Greene copying Heeney and aplogising for the fine he got. very funny

Here they are:

Sydney: https://x.com/sydneyswans/status/1811341664788906004

GWS: https://x.com/GWSGIANTS/status/1811622792317772082
    Heeney seemed about as comfortable as this:

Toby Greene is still a piece of shit and shame on you for soiling my day with him!
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post