Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  141
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Ryley Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    BAD has killed off SonofScray.

Note - he means Sockeyesalmon
    Can we unban Sockeye? He was funny as hell, I would’ve loved to have seen his posts in the Billy Gowers era.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As Go Dogs pointed out, Sanders is being asked to play a role behind, Bont, Libba, Richards and Treloar and other than his kick to handball ratio he appears to be doing that quite well.
    He needs to break his goal kicking cherry though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Can we unban Sockeye? He was funny as hell, I would’ve loved to have seen his posts in the Billy Gowers era.
    Sockeye got banned ? Wow now that’s going back , a few high posters have disappeared over the years.
    Whatever happened to FDOTM and Coondog ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Sockeye got banned ? Wow now that’s going back , a few high posters have disappeared over the years.
    Whatever happened to FDOTM and Coondog ?
    First hit the big time and the second was too betrayed by the loss of Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not true.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Big time alright I saw FDOTM walking into an adult shop in Sydney Road Brunswick!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Big time alright I saw FDOTM walking into an adult shop in Sydney Road Brunswick!
    You sure it was him? He lives in Tassie

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As Go Dogs pointed out, Sanders is being asked to play a role behind, Bont, Libba, Richards and Treloar and other than his kick to handball ratio he appears to be doing that quite well.
    He needs to break his goal kicking cherry though
    You would know as well as anyone Gary, but in the pre-season he was playing very differently in club scrimmages to what he is now. He was cracking in hard, taking running shots on goal and being much more aggressive with his running patterns and positioning.

I believe (the whisper is) after his first couple of games where he turned the ball over trying to bite off aggressive kicks inboard, he was told to cool his jets a bit, play his role and leave those sorts of kicks to our distributors. He was dropped, told to work on the defensive side of his game and he'd find a spot in the team where he was a role player.

He does have the attributes to be a game winner, but at the moment you can just see his first instinct is to do the team thing and move the ball on quickly and safely. I'd love to see him have the confidence to make those more flashy wow plays, but that will come with time as he finds his feet.

He'll be a great player. Talk of his limitations this early in his career are unfair I think, there's still plenty of development scope left for the young fella.

11. Thanks azabob, Go_Dogs, jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes Smads57, josie, jeemak, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy Ryley is getting games into him, it will do a lot of good for his future. He is averaging 16.5 disposals and has some good figures compared to other rising stars

2024 Statistical Rankings
    Ranked 1st among rising stars in Handballs Per Game Ranked 5th among rising stars in Clearances Per Game
    Ranked 5th among rising stars in Stoppage Clearances Per Game Ranked 5th among rising stars in Tackles Per Game
    Ranked 6th among rising stars in Uncontested Possessions Per Game Ranked 8th among rising stars in Centre Clearances Per Game
    Ranked 8th among rising stars in Disposals Per Game Ranked 8th among rising stars in Effective Disposals Per Game
    Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Tackles Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Clearances
    Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Handballs Ranked 3rd among rising stars in Total Stoppage Clearances
    Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Tackles Inside 50 Ranked 9th among rising stars in Total Centre Clearances
    Ranked 9th among rising stars in Total Disposals Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Effective Disposals
    Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Goal Assists Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Uncontested Possessions

13. Thanks josie, SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think he’s going that badly. His kicking has been very not good but he seems really composed in a contest and his hands to players leaving stoppage are really impressive.

Once he gets a little more faith in the amount of time he has to dispose the ball I think he will improve a lot very quickly.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not true.
    How so? Would be more useful if you expand on that stuff rather than just saying 'no' and moving on.

Didn't he quit the forum right when Rocket was sacked? He seemed to have a connection there occasionally getting inside word on things before they happened

Post Thanks / Like

Anyyyywayyyyys posters of the past are the past....lets leave them in the past.....

I am sure a few will turn up during our next Grand Final week looking for that ticket to the game....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes Happy Days, mjp, MrMahatma, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How so? Would be more useful if you expand on that stuff rather than just saying 'no' and moving on.

Didn't he quit the forum right when Rocket was sacked? He seemed to have a connection there occasionally getting inside word on things before they happened
    I know him personally (as do a few others on WOOF), and he had his own reasons for leaving WOOF, which I feel it is not up to me to mention. However, I will say it had nothing to do with Rocket getting moved on.

Best we leave it there as it is not important.

19. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes mighty_west liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's going fine, problem is that we see players like Daicos and Harley Reid come in and look like 100 game players from the start and seem to expect that for any high draftee, it's just so unrealistic to expect that, i think he'll be more than fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I think he's going fine, problem is that we see players like Daicos and Harley Reid come in and look like 100 game players from the start and seem to expect that for any high draftee, it's just so unrealistic to expect that, i think he'll be more than fine.
    How's he going at the moment?

Daicos is a different beast.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.