Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  480
Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Would people be happy with an English to West Coast for a Barrass and swap of some picks. If Baz goes we get a first rounder. Maybe we could get a pittonet from Carlton as our first ruckman whilst Darcy and l smith continue to grow. Just a few thoughts…….

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willofwest View Post
    Would people be happy with an English to West Coast for a Barrass and swap of some picks. If Baz goes we get a first rounder. Maybe we could get a pittonet from Carlton as our first ruckman whilst Darcy and l smith continue to grow. Just a few thoughts…….
    Its a good option, theres zero point in drafting a young ruckman given they take 5 years to develop, so may as well join the roundabout and take one form elsewhere. Pittonet however is no good, id rather get BTC back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Its a good option, theres zero point in drafting a young ruckman given they take 5 years to develop, so may as well join the roundabout and take one form elsewhere. Pittonet however is no good, id rather get BTC back.
    I’d have a look at Ladhams, maybe packaged with Konstanty.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    God no. I was a big advocate for Ladhams in 2021 and all he’s done since then is prove he doesn’t belong in the AFL.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT, what interests you about Ladhams? I have found him to be flakey and uninterested.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT, what interests you about Ladhams? I have found him to be flakey and uninterested.
    Price. Averaging something like 15-20 touches and hit outs in the VFL for a mature guy isn’t brilliant but serviceable for depth as a back up. I’m interested in Konstanty in particular, so as a package deal I’d be interested if Tim goes and we want cheap depth. I’m more an advocate for rucking Lobb and hopefully getting Barass. But r we can still might need a mature body while Smith comes on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geelong will abuse us worse than Brisbane. Sorry to say. Unless we can get a fair deal I?d threaten the PSD. I advocated threatening Dunkley with it but Brisbane just laughed at us. So Geelong know this and I doubt anyone will believe a PSD threat.

It?s a matter of if we can turn the scraps into something worth our while. Hence, I?d look at Barass as he?s a good player and we have a first rounder for them potentially, just not a great one.
    Make them trade up to satisfy us.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willofwest View Post
    Player for player trades rarely happen now and even with some potential sweeteners I wouldn't be happy with that trade.
    Pittonet is an interesting ruckman but about the worst thing you can in the AFL is the 2nd ruckman at a club especially if you don't really have the ability to play in other positions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Make them trade up to satisfy us.
    Brisbane traded down to screw us harder. And we still did the trade. Not sure Geelong will look at that and think they have to unfortunately.

Their argument is he can’t kick, and has done his ACL, and is high maintenance. They are fair arguments.

Realistically the best case I can see if their first and a F1 for Smith and a F2. Which if they have another ok year (after pick shuffling) is a couple of picks around 20 for Smith and a pick maybe around 30 or so. It’s still not great, but I guess it’s something, more so if we can target ready made players with the picks.

I know the club made a public statement over Dunkley and the PSD. But Power has said that was never really on the cards. I think when push comes to shove, Smith will get to Ferling if that’s what he wants and we have to hope for the best.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Pittonet is an interesting ruckman but about the worst thing you can in the AFL is the 2nd ruckman at a club especially if you don't really have the ability to play in other positions.
    Pittonet can actually ruck but doesn’t do much else. When we had a stacked midfield he would have been perfect. Even on Saturday he gave the Carlton mids first possession often but they stuffed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane traded down to screw us harder. And we still did the trade. Not sure Geelong will look at that and think they have to unfortunately.

Their argument is he can’t kick, and has done his ACL, and is high maintenance. They are fair arguments.

Realistically the best case I can see if their first and a F1 for Smith and a F2. Which if they have another ok year (after pick shuffling) is a couple of picks around 20 for Smith and a pick maybe around 30 or so. It’s still not great, but I guess it’s something, more so if we can target ready made players with the picks.

I know the club made a public statement over Dunkley and the PSD. But Power has said that was never really on the cards. I think when push comes to shove, Smith will get to Ferling if that’s what he wants and we have to hope for the best.
    It’s a tough one.

If Barrass is our man, and pick 20 gets it done, we probably do the deal because it’s better than cutting off your nose to spite your face. But gee, it would be good to have some leverage at some point and not always be on the barrel end of the gun!

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a tough one.

If Barrass is our man, and pick 20 gets it done, we probably do the deal because it’s better than cutting off your nose to spite your face. But gee, it would be good to have some leverage at some point and not always be on the barrel end of the gun!
    Until the AFEL give the clubs actual power then this will keep happening. Whether it’s forced trading and/or if a player elects to leave but two clubs but similar offers up that the club can pick which club to deal with.

The players have way too much power and the bigger clubs who get the trade in requests exploit it. While we become a feeder club to find guys like Adams, and develop guys like Dunkley & Smith. And get unders for us to contend again.

17. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a tough one.

When we do have leverage we opt for equity instead.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Barrass will go to Geelong too.

Post Thanks / Like

Until the AFEL give the clubs actual power then this will keep happening. Whether it’s forced trading and/or if a player elects to leave but two clubs but similar offers up that the club can pick which club to deal with.

The players have way too much power and the bigger clubs who get the trade in requests exploit it. While we become a feeder club to find guys like Adams, and develop guys like Dunkley & Smith. And get unders for us to contend again.
    Yeah. It’s tough. The NBA in many ways is far better with how they facilitate trades and contracts, and salary caps, albeit it means that loyalty is much rarer and players change teams as often as their underwear and that’s one of the differentiators that makes our game so great.

It would be good if similar to RFA type rules, another club could match / exceed the offer and we could entertain it. Would prevent players from being able to nominate and only move to one club. Dunno. Maybe not. But they need a way to facilitate competition when multiple clubs would be prepared to do the deal to ensure the club gets the best outcome too (or at least, a reasonable one).