Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  103
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2023 Overall List Management Period

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good session to bond the new arrivals and the playing group

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729369771513442500
    Full video is on the website. Smith is going to be a popular teammate, that's for sure.
    That's not the theatre room they are sitting in though, is it? I thought it had tiered seating. Looks great though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    Full video is on the website. Smith is going to be a popular teammate, that's for sure.
    That's not the theatre room they are sitting in though, is it? I thought it had tiered seating. Looks great though.
    Temporary till redevelopment is finished
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    Smith’s interview in the website is awesome too. Seems like a nice bloke. All the draftees do.

Post Thanks / Like

So there was a fair bit of angst when Essendon grabbed Lual. Either was either him or Freijah for us. It’s early but here’s Lual’s VFL stats (not having debuted) and Freijah’s AFEL stats:

JF (AFEL) - Stat - LL (VFL)

13.8 - Disposals - 14.7
    4.6 - Marks - 4.2
    1.2 - Tackles - 1.8
    1.0 - Total Scores - 0.1
    54.3 - AFL FP’s - 56.3

I think there’s less angst with Essendon now. Similar impact by both first year players, except one is doing it at the top level. Pretty happy we didn’t sell the farm to trade into Lual as it would’ve included giving up Freijah & Smith and probably something else knowing Essendon. Lual may well be a player, but things look pretty good for our boy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks azabob, Uninformed thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Worth remembering Lual is a supposedly a stopper first. Not that there's any regret in getting JF

Post Thanks / Like

Also:

● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Intercepts Per Game
    ● Ranked 9th among rising stars in Marks Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th among rising stars in Bounces Per Game

• Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total One Percenters
    ● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Bounces
    ● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Intercepts
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Also:

● Ranked 7th among rising stars in Intercepts Per Game
    ● Ranked 9th among rising stars in Marks Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th among rising stars in Bounces Per Game

• Ranked 7th among rising stars in Total One Percenters
    ● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Bounces
    ● Ranked 8th among rising stars in Total Intercepts
    He is going along nicely

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is going along nicely
    I’d go further, that’s a wonderful return on Pick 45 in year one. Multiple top 10 ratings among his direct peers is a wonderful feather in his cap and a tip to the recruiting team.

11. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d go further, that’s a wonderful return on Pick 45 in year one. Multiple top 10 ratings among his direct peers is a wonderful feather in his cap and a tip to the recruiting team.
    I really like the way he plays, and moves beautifully, and a nice kick too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I really like the way he plays, and moves beautifully, and a nice kick too.
    Where do you want to see him long term?

In the last week woofers have said winger, HBF, Doc replacement (lock down defender) and midfielder.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's out-performing Sanders at present... he looks every bit a 200-game player in the making.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think he's out-performing Sanders at present... he looks every bit a 200-game player in the making.
    And to think we may have offered to trade him (or the pick for him) based on the telecast. Pretty happy Dodoro said no. To your point moreover, as he came with a GCS pick, I think the trade looks and will continue to look better with Sanders & Freijah (plus 1/3 Croft and the pick this year).

It’s great nailing a top pick, but looking like nailing him at 45 is so rewarding/enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

And to think we may have offered to trade him (or the pick for him) based on the telecast. Pretty happy Dodoro said no. To your point moreover, as he came with a GCS pick, I think the trade looks and will continue to look better with Sanders & Freijah (plus 1/3 Croft and the pick this year).

It’s great nailing a top pick, but looking like nailing him at 45 is so rewarding/enjoyable.
    I thought it was the other way round - Dodo called to say 'were gonna take Lual, if you want him you'll need to give us your next two picks' and we said no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I thought it was the other way round - Dodo called to say 'were gonna take Lual, if you want him you'll need to give us your next two picks' and we said no?
    I stepped out of the room at the moment so not sure which way it went down. Either way it was no deal, they take Lual and we take Freijah. Happy we didn’t make the trade irrespective of what happens with Lual’s career.

Post Thanks / Like

JF's progress has helped ease my mild concerns about our recruiting team's ability to nail talent in the mid range areas of the draft, or even the higher areas given they've been hamstrung by academy, FS and needs based selections in recent times.

Power has always demonstrated an ability to manage the trade period and list management duties (albeit, rather generously dealing with some players), but the jury has been out a little on his ability to manage the drafts due to a lack of picks to work with.

The selection of JF and the progress of Gallagher gives some confidence that with a bit of clean air there's a level of competency that wasn't quite evident.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post