Thanks Thanks:  362
Likes Likes:  1,251
Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1967
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Love Adz and another year is a fair reward for what he had produced.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Love Adz and another year is a fair reward for what he had produced.
    I doubt any player on our list appreciates training on the Whitten Oval surface instead of Skinner Reserve as much as Treloar.
    The added advantage is the way he assists his team mates.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s a gun. Never realised how good he was until he came across. Star. Glad we’re going to extend.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

6. Likes WBFC4FFC, josie, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember a better pick-up personally or professionally.

Ripper character and a star on the field. Hope he gets to 100.
    W00F!

8. Likes WBFC4FFC, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be nice to get him to 100 club games! Love the way he goes about his footy, I was skeptical earlier in the year, but have found his increase in defensive pressure one of the best things about the season he's put together thus far.

Post Thanks / Like

I've become a real admirer of Adz. I wasn't sure he was what we needed, and I wasn't convinced we'd see the best of him.
    But he has been a fantastic addition to the team and must be giving Bont a close run for the B&F this year.
    He's clearly not marking time and taking a cheque. I'd love for Adz to be a premiership player for us. He damn near did his bit to try and become one in 21 that's for sure.

11. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've become a real admirer of Adz. I wasn't sure he was what we needed, and I wasn't convinced we'd see the best of him.
    But he has been a fantastic addition to the team and must be giving Bont a close run for the B&F this year.
    He's clearly not marking time and taking a cheque. I'd love for Adz to be a premiership player for us. He damn near did his bit to try and become one in 21 that's for sure.
    I could understand some people being a bit hesitant about bringing in Treloar given his high pay, because he's had some injury challenges and that he was filling a position that we were already deep at. Then there was the bullshit assessment on the way he would handle his wife and child being located interstate for a period of each season while she played netball by Nathan Buckley.
    There was also a belief among our supporters that he was forced into coming at us and was somewhat reluctant.
    When Treloar arrived he got along well with the playing group and brought in a level of professionalism with his training.
    He's also taken a mentor role with Sanders and has also recently brought young Charlie Clarke into his house. That can only be a positive for Clarke.

Other than the fact that he remains close mates with Dunkley which is contentious for some of our supporters I honestly don't understand why he's not receiving a lot more praise given what he has brought to our club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I honestly don't understand why he's not receiving a lot more praise given what he has brought to our club.
    I think the fact he is still held in high esteem by both his magpie (ex) teammates and supporters is a pretty fair indication of his professionalism and value as a clubman. Thank goodness he is with us now.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

TRELOAR EARNS EARLY CONTRACT EXTENSION

Western Bulldogs star midfielder Adam Treloar is set for an early contract extension beyond the 2025 season.

Treloar was traded from Collingwood to the Bulldogs at the end of 2020 with five years remaining on a deal the Magpies have contributed towards.

And amid Treloar?s rich vein of form this season for the red-hot Dogs ? averaging 32.3 disposals ? the second-best return of his career ? the 31-year old is set to be rewarded with at least another season at Whitten Oval.

?He?s flying, this man is airborne at the moment. In All-Australian considerations and could beat Marcus Bontempelli for the club best and fairest this year, he is going that well,? Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark said of Treloar on Fox Footy?s Midweek Tackle.

?The Western Bulldogs are making moves on a deal, I suspect they?ll sign him for one more season that will take him out to the end of 2026.

?When he signed at the Western Bulldogs from Collingwood against his wishes, it was a $900,000-a-year deal ? $600,000 from the Bulldogs and $300,000 from Collingwood ? that will end next year.

?But Adam Treloar will play on until 2026.?
    Fellow Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger believes Treloar has been arguably the Dogs? greatest pick-up of the modern era.

?It?s a great get from the Dogs, this has been one of the best trades probably this century,? he said.
    ?To get Adam Treloar and his output for $600,000 a year, I think that?s just about their best acquisition for the century.?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's enough for future father sons/daughters.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1184730/...tract-crunch//

DOG DRAFTEE EXTENDS
    WESTERN Bulldogs draftee Joel Freijah has been rewarded with an early contract extension after a strong start to his AFL career.

The 18-year-old will now remain at the Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2026 after adding a third season to the two-year contract he signed when he was drafted last November.

Freijah made his debut against Richmond in round nine and played 10 straight games of senior football before being managed for the trip to Sydney last weekend.

The Bulldogs selected the Horsham product with pick No.45 in last year's AFL Draft, following a strong draft year for GWV Rebels, which culminated in selection in the Coates Talent League team of the year.

Under the new collective bargaining agreement, players selected inside the first 20 sign mandatory three-year deals. Those picked beyond receive two-year contracts. The third season is on a set base, plus bonuses based on games played and achievements across the player's first two seasons. ? Josh Gabelich
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Great get , this kid is going to have a long career, he can play and will be a very good player.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/1184730/...tract-crunch//

DOG DRAFTEE EXTENDS
    WESTERN Bulldogs draftee Joel Freijah has been rewarded with an early contract extension after a strong start to his AFL career.

The 18-year-old will now remain at the Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2026 after adding a third season to the two-year contract he signed when he was drafted last November.

Freijah made his debut against Richmond in round nine and played 10 straight games of senior football before being managed for the trip to Sydney last weekend.

The Bulldogs selected the Horsham product with pick No.45 in last year's AFL Draft, following a strong draft year for GWV Rebels, which culminated in selection in the Coates Talent League team of the year.

Under the new collective bargaining agreement, players selected inside the first 20 sign mandatory three-year deals. Those picked beyond receive two-year contracts. The third season is on a set base, plus bonuses based on games played and achievements across the player's first two seasons. ? Josh Gabelich
    he has been very impressive this season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two years time he will be breaking lines and hitting Darcy or Jamarra on the lead.
    Bring back the biff

23. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Two years time he will be breaking lines and hitting Darcy or Jamarra on the lead.
    Are a lot of contract extensions looking to go out to 2026 these days due to Tassie coming in in 27?