Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  76
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 19 VS Geelong

I guess they see Garcia as cover for Libba and Treloar with others playing minor midfield/ half forward roles.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Horses for courses as well. If ever Garcia was going to play it would be down at Geelong where he his game style of in close and under would be suited. Would like to see him take on a tagging role which would give him another string and also help him in his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I guess they see Garcia as cover for Libba and Treloar with others playing minor midfield/ half forward roles.
    I mentioned in the Garcia v Gallagher thread I think Garcia is competing with Sanders.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I mentioned in the Garcia v Gallagher thread I think Garcia is competing with Sanders.
    I think you can add in Macrae too who is playing a similar role to Sanders. (high-HF who roles up/ bit part mid)

Personally, I don't think either are offering as much as the role needs and offer no real POD when compared to Garcia.

6. Likes azabob, dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Somehow this is what the most city person in history, Baz, has decided is his future.
    I don't get it. Houses in Anglesea are priced beyond belief.

Folks, it's just water and all in all pretty boring after a full weekend.
    And,it might be water... but it ain't like it's the Sunshine or Gold Coast....

Post Thanks / Like

Press Conference at 10am via X Spaces
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think you can add in Macrae too who is playing a similar role to Sanders. (high-HF who roles up/ bit part mid)

Personally, I don't think either are offering as much as the role needs and offer no real POD when compared to Garcia.
    It's mostly semtantics, but I reckon Macrae is predominantly forward/sometimes rolling up as an outside mid where they're trying to drip feed Sanders inside midfield time.

Macrae has only attended CBAs in two games since round 9 - he attended 28% of CBAs against Brisbane and 5% against Freo - he also hasn't attended a CBA in the last 3 rounds.

Over the same period, Sanders has attended 29% of total CBAs on average and attended them in every game.

Gallagher has only attended CBAs in one game (Carlton - 17% of CBAs) in the past 5 rounds.

I'd be playing Garcia over Sanders where I think Macrae offers something a bit different with his clever ball-use off that forward flank.