Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  62
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 19 vs Geelong 2024

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    We've had this debate in another thread, BAD, it isn't where on the ground tackles occur, it's who performs them. That's the stat you should look at. But it isn't only tackles, it's pressure, second and third efforts that count. Naughton's good, Darcy's poor, Ugle-Hagan appallingly bad for a 4th year player. I haven't seen the past 2 games so rely upon media reports, which indicate a miraculous transformation in that aspect of the games of the 3, particularly Ugle-Hagan. If true, let's hope that it becomes permanent.
    Just watch the games mate, they're awesome and lots of fun.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

2. Likes Bulldog Joe, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Personally I find it crazy that you haven’t watched the last two games (only our best two efforts for the season) yet still feel the need to criticise players for perceived half efforts that didn’t actually happen.
    My assessment of the defensive games of our tall forwards isn't based on what happed in the last 2 games, it is based on lack of, 2nd & 3rd efforts, chase, applying pressure etc and from watching, ground level, half forward/back over the last 4 years or so, opposition defenders waltz out of F50 under no pressure whilst our tall forwards stand watching. The tackles stat was raised by Bornadog, pointing to Darcy's 11 tackle stat, amazing for a still skinny young tall. My first comment in this thread was motivated by a commentator's positive observation on Ugle-Hagan?s pressure game. If that's what happened then that's a welcome, major improvement.
    Last edited by D Mitchell; 22-07-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    ..Ugle-Hagan 1, Naughton 0.
    Though it doesn't show up in stats Jamarra is killing plenty of contests with body work when not in a position to mark, he really has turned the corner lately and is looking the complete footballer.
    Last edited by chef; 22-07-2024 at 09:09 AM.
    The curse is dead.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post