Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  56
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R19 - 2024

How hard is it to not schedule a 5 day break off an interstate trip, or better yet not schedule one ever?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Beating team A doesn't mean you can automatically beat team B...matchups and 'stuff' all matter.

We have Sydney AWAY on Sunday followed by Melbourne on the Friday night...

I am super curious how anyone thinks we are going to come through those two games let alone travel to our happy place - Adelaide - to win the week after that.

What we've done has been cool and all but I think it's pretty simplistic to say 'we beat Carlton and Geelong therefore we should beat Sydney and Melbourne'...

Our remaining draw is very challenging and that 5-day break is going to have lasting implications - personally I think it is bordering on UNFAIR - but I guess all we can do is worry about the Swans and figure it out from there.

My fear is we beat Sydney then the fixure gets us and we are left having to beat the Giants in Ballarat to make the 8.
    Stop harshing my buzz man.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    How hard is it to not schedule a 5 day break off an interstate trip, or better yet not schedule one ever?
    This is the one that really irks.
    How hard would it have been to swap and make the QClash Sunday afternoon or have us play Melbourne Saturday the next week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

So we get an 8 day break, 5 day break, 9 day break, 7 day break. Very weird and haphazard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So we get an 8 day break, 5 day break, 9 day break, 7 day break. Very weird and haphazard.
    It isn't too bad. It it just the travel on top of the five day break which hurts. Carlton this week go from Sunday twilight to Friday night. A few clubs have copped the five day break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    It isn't too bad. It it just the travel on top of the five day break which hurts. Carlton this week go from Sunday twilight to Friday night. A few clubs have copped the five day break.
    Yes - but at least their games - and the one the week after that, are all at home. Well, 2 @ Marvel, 1 @ MCG.

Our games around our 5-day break are Sydney, Home, Adelaide.

I think that is very different...that said, I don't think Carlton should be expected to do it either...there is simply no need for it. I get it when there is a Thursday night fixture and boom ratings/sponsorship exposure and all that, but to do it all because of a Sunday schedule? That's actually rubbish.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Mine too. Apparently there is a poster by the name of "Mendoza" who is officially tasked with announcing "St Essington's Day" when it falls so that the lamentations, the recriminations, the name calling, the finger pointing, the calls for sackings and de-listings can begin in earnest.
    Ahahahaha. Man. This is the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently another time keeping issue at the GABBA. At the time it was in the third and the Swans were ten points ahead, and it went for 41 seconds.

Sound familiar?
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

10. Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Apparently another time keeping issue at the GABBA. At the time it was in the third and the Swans were ten points ahead, and it went for 41 seconds.

Sound familiar?
    Cheats
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes josie, Eastdog, DOG GOD liked this post