Likes Likes:  334
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Rory Lobbovich.

2. Likes JanLorMill, WBFC4FFC, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan - now. Was critical of him early especially his work as a forward: he was better when used in the ruck.

His output as a defender has been a revelation. Long may those long arms of his, "like giant testicles" (R.I.P. Jack Dyer), reach up to bring down yet another intercept mark.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I'm a fan - now. Was critical of him early especially his work as a forward: he was better when used in the ruck.

His output as a defender has been a revelation. Long may those long arms of his, "like giant testicles" (R.I.P. Jack Dyer), reach up to bring down yet another intercept mark.
    The trouble with him playing forward is that he needs to be the main man, not sharing with JUH and Naughton.
    He had his best season forward, with Dockers when he was the only target. He lead well, and had a pretty good season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Rory Lobb says his future still could be at Whitten Oval after career revival

Reborn Western Bulldogs defender Rory Lobb says he is back enjoying his football as much as ever after his tumultuous 2024 season settled on a magnet switch.

And he maintains he can now see a future beyond this year at the Whitten Oval.

Earlier this season the 31-year-old seemed destined to join a fourth AFL club next year when he was stuck in the VFL and unable to win a consistent spot in the Bulldogs? well-armed forward structure.

But after Aaron Naughton and Sam Darcy were briefly sidelined with injury and suspension, and following a shock switch to defence on their return, Lobb is playing some of the best form of his decade-long career.

?I have two more years left after this one,? Lobb said of his Bulldogs deal that runs through until the end of 2026.

?I just want to play AFL football. I want to do what I can to help the team as much as I can.

?I don?t like to look too far into the future, but I really enjoy (being at) this club.

?I feel like us, at our best, can beat anyone. We?ve got a really good group and a lot of the boys have re-signed (with the Bulldogs) and I feel like we can go a long way.

?Hopefully we can just keep this form going.?

Lobb, who played in two losing preliminary finals for Greater Western Sydney (one of them against the Bulldogs), says he is driven by the pursuit of success and believes his club is well placed in the coming years.

He insists he still has a number of years of good football left in him, having started the game later than most, and is happy to whatever role Luke Beveridge thinks is the best fit for the team dynamic.

?I?ve always said that I am happy to do whatever is best for the club,? he said. ?I feel like I am a player who can adapt to whatever role, whether it is wing, forward, back or even in the ruck,? he said. ?I am happy playing down back ? I already feel comfortable down there.

?I feel like we have been really solid (in recent weeks) so there is no point moving and I am really excited to see where we can take it for the rest of the year.?

The Bulldogs have consistently said that Lobb remains a part of their plans beyond 2024, with the club saying earlier this year it would be unlikely to entertain a trade for him, given Lobb?s versatility.

The Dogs are chasing defender Tom Barrass but the Hawks have emerged as the leader in the chase for the West Coast premiership defender.

6. Thanks bornadog, angelopetraglia, azabob, josie thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems to have a really good attitude. Bevo like him as a person, and I am now starting to see why.

Post Thanks / Like

The lobster putting all his opponents in the lobster basket.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shout out to Rory. Bashed and crashed all day. Heart and soul effort even though the stat sheet was always going to look better for Xerri. Allowing Darcy to play forward and fill his boots too. Doing whatever the teams needs - I love it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes josie, bornadog, MrMahatma, WBFC4FFC, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I saw, he really busted a gut

Happy for him, resurrected his career and won over the supporter base
    W00F!

13. Likes josie, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was great today. Big love for the Lobbster.

15. Likes josie, SquirrelGrip, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fans love the Lobster!!!!!!!!!!

17. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lion hearted effort from Rory Lobb. Yeah I can’t believe it either.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Playing absolute team first footy just think he was bloody excellent today. I'm glad Bevo gave him more love in the presser he deserves all the kudos for mine, accepting his role and playing it at a really high level.

20. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rory Lobb on SEN breakfast this morning.

Rory seems a very likeable guy who loves a bit of a laugh.

https://megaphone.link/NTETP7382977180
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Thanks bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Rory Lobb on SEN breakfast this morning.

Rory seems a very likeable guy who loves a bit of a laugh.

https://megaphone.link/NTETP7382977180
    Enjoyed that interview

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo

"Lobby has the attitude if you cut his leg off he will grow it back. I don't know what kind of lizard he is! But he will declare he will be OK and we love to hear that. Rory has a great attitude. Him playing ruck for us last week was so important, he was influential".

25. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post