Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Awards 2024

WOOF Player Awards - (WPA)

Here is the tally Board after our Round 17 game against Port Adelaide

Tuesday evenings around 8.00pm will be the cut off time to cast your votes after a game....then soon after the results will be up on this thread.

Round 17 - Western Bulldogs really fail to show up for the Massacre by Port Adelaide

Marmo

4 – Adam Treloar
    3 – Rory Lobb
    2 – Lachie Bramble
    1 – Tom Liberatore

Comments

Well this was a deflatingly disappointing performance where they never were in the game
    Only 14 WOOFers contributed votes which I believe is the lowest ever. Obviously very difficult to find players who performed well enough to merit any.

Top votes to Adam Treloar (45 of possible 56) from Rory Lobb (30). At least Lobb is making a real effort for the team. Lachie Bramble (20) was third ahead of Tom Liberatore (14), Bontempelli (13), Tim English (11), Bailey Dale (3), Ed Richards (2) with Rhylee West and Taylor Duryea each recording a single vote.

Leaderboard
    34 - Bontempelli, Treloar
    14 - Dale, Jones
    8 – Liberatore
    7 - Naughton
    6 – Richards, Darcy
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Here is the tally Board after our Round 17 game against Port Adelaide

Tuesday evenings around 8.00pm will be the cut off time to cast your votes after a game....then soon after the results will be up on this thread.

Round 17 - Western Bulldogs really fail to show up for the Massacre by Port Adelaide

Marmo

4 – Adam Treloar
    3 – Rory Lobb
    2 – Lachie Bramble
    1 – Tom Liberatore

Comments

Well this was a deflatingly disappointing performance where they never were in the game
    Only 14 WOOFers contributed votes which I believe is the lowest ever. Obviously very difficult to find players who performed well enough to merit any.

Top votes to Adam Treloar (45 of possible 56) from Rory Lobb (30). At least Lobb is making a real effort for the team. Lachie Bramble (20) was third ahead of Tom Liberatore (14), Bontempelli (13), Tim English (11), Bailey Dale (3), Ed Richards (2) with Rhylee West and Taylor Duryea each recording a single vote.

Leaderboard
    34 - Bontempelli, Treloar
    14 - Dale, Jones
    8 – Liberatore
    7 - Naughton
    6 – Richards, Darcy
    I missed the game due to my daughter's netball match, and when I caught sight of the score, I decided against the masochistic move to watch the trainwreck later, hence no votes submitted by me this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I missed the game due to my daughter's netball match, and when I caught sight of the score, I decided against the masochistic move to watch the trainwreck later, hence no votes submitted by me this week.
    As someone who can at leas partially judge what will make them more happy, I started playing games at some point in the second and checked later to make sure there was no miracle comeback. I imagine I was not on my own in making a similar call. Hard to vote when you don't see the full match

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 18 game against Carlton

Round 17 - Western Bulldogs take a meritorious victory over Caaarlton

Marmo

4 – Bailey Dale
    3 – Jamarra Ugle-Hagen
    2 – Rhylee West
    1 – Marcus Bontempelli

Comments

The best win in some time keeps the season alive.
    We had 26 WOOFers contribute votes and the voting was extremely tight at the top, being decided by the last votes cast. Bailey Dale (89 of possible 104) led by the narrowest margin from Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (88). Hopefully this performance gives Jamarra the confidence to be a real difference maker over the next 6 games.
    Rhylee West (52) was a comfortable 3rd with his 4 goals. It was then close for the 4th place with Bontempelli (10) prevailing over Rory Lobb (9). Sam Darcy and Cody Weightman (3 each) led the others from Khamis and Libba (2 each) with Tim English and Ed Richards each recording a single vote.

Leaderboard

35 - Bontempelli
    34 - Treloar
    18 – Dale
    14 - Jones
    8 - Liberatore, Ugle-Hagen
    7 - Naughton

6. Thanks Grantysghost, bornadog, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 19 game against Geelong

Round 19 - Western Bulldogs obliterate Geelong on their own Government Funded Toy Stadium with no Wings

Marmo

4 – Adam Treloar
    3 – Rory Lobb
    2 – Ed Richards
    0.5 – Marcus Bontempelli, Tim English

Comments
    A great victory for the Bulldogs and I thoroughly enjoyed the cold conditions watching a Bulldog Victory. Did I mention that I have never seen the Dogs lose at that Toy Stadium.

We had 32 WOOFers contribute votes and the voting was mainly centred on 3 players. Adam Treloar (116 of possible 128) took top honours comfortably ahead of new star defender Rory Lobb (92). Ed Richards (68) was a clear third. The final position saw Bontempelli and English tied (15 each) marginally ahead of Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (12). Khamis and Dale were the others recognised each recording a single vote.

Leaderboard

38 - Treloar
    35.5 - Bontempelli
    18 – Dale
    14 - Jones
    8 – Liberatore, Ugle-Hagen, Richards, Lobb

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 20 game against Sydney

Round 20 - Western Bulldogs destroy ladder leading Sydney

Marmo

4 – Adam Treloar
    3 – Jamarra Ugle-Hagen
    2 – Ed Richards
    1 – Lachie Bramble

Comments

Another great victory for the Bulldogs epitomising a team first with strong contribution across the group.

We had 25 WOOFers contribute votes and top votes again to Adam Treloar (97 of possible 100) ahead of Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (61) from Ed Richards (39) coping very well with the tag. A composed Lachie Bramble (24) took the minor vote. Others to poll votes were Liam Jones (12), Aaron Naughton (7), Bontempelli (5), Lobb (4) and Dale with a single vote.

Leaderboard

42 - Treloar
    35.5 - Bontempelli
    18 - Dale
    14 - Jones
    11 - Ugle-Hagen
    10 - Richards

10. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 21 game against Melbourne

Round 20 - Western Bulldogs demonise Melbourne

Marmo

4 – Marcus Bontempelli
    3 – Adam Treloar
    2 – Bailey Dale
    1 – Caleb Poulter

Comments

Another great victory as the Bulldogs maintain form and again have a team contribution across the group.

We had 27 WOOFers contribute votes and top votes went by unanimous acclaim to the sublime performance of The Bont again(108 of possible 108). Adam Treloar (70) continued his career best form ahead of Bailey Dale (48) also having probably his best year. The minor position went to a career best game from Caleb Poulter (15) narrowly from (please sign) Tim English (14) Other to record votes were Ed Richards (4) Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (3), Riley Garcia, Lachie Bramble and Tom Liberatore (each 2) with Vandermeer and Bailey Williams each with a single vote.

Leaderboard

46 - Treloar
    39.5 - Bontempelli
    20 - Dale
    14 - Jones
    11 - Ugle-Hagen
    10 - Richards

12. Thanks GVGjr, Grantysghost, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marra fifth is massive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Marra fifth is massive!
    His last 4 or 5 weeks have been impressive haven't they? The forwards are also working better together now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Marra fifth is massive!
    He has certainly made a mark as the year has progressed.

I still believe that Naughton has been better, but the anomalies of most voting systems mean that being in the top 6 or so regularly doesn't necessarily translate into votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 22 game against Adelaide

Round 22 - Western Bulldogs failed to come to play and left to eat Crow by Adelaide

Marmo

4 – Lachie McNeill
    3 – Adam Treloar
    2 – Lachie Bramble
    0.5 – Bontempelli, Darcy

Comments

While we may have had some trepidation, it was certainly an unexpectedly dreadful performance placing finals in jeopardy.
    We only had 15 WOOFers contribute votes and you can see the disappointment when players receiving votes are also amongst those that supporters want dropped in Match Committee thread.

Top votes this week to Lachie McNeill (50 of possible 60), who had least had a red hot go. Adam Treloar (33) headed Lachie Bramble (31) for the minor positions from Bontempelli and Darcy (both 12) and the remaining votes shared as almost consolation prizes by Vandermeer (3), Garcia, Daniel and Poulter (2 each) with Liberatore on a single vote.

Leaderboard

48 - Treloar
    40 - Bontempelli
    20 - Dale
    14 - Jones
    11 - Ugle-Hagen
    10 - Richards

17. Thanks GVGjr, Grantysghost, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil with 4.

I feel like my work is done here and I can retire happily

19. Likes GVGjr, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does that put McNeill in the overall rankings?
    The kid's copped flak all year and busted a gut so I'm happy to see this
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 23 game against North Melbourne

Round 23 - Western Bulldogs destroy North Melbourne

Marmo

4 – Sam Darcy
    3 – Joel Freijah
    2 – Ed Richards
    1 – Marcus Bontempelli

Comments

A great bounce back performance to maintain our finals hopes
    We had 26 WOOFers contribute votes and almost universal agreement on the most influential player.

Top votes to 7 goal Sam Darcy (102 of possible 104) from the encouraging Joel Freijah (65) who showed himself to be well ahead of where anyone could have anticipated. The running redhead Ed Richards (46) led the restclearly from Bontempelli (16), Treloar and Lobb (both 13), with Duryea and Daniel (both 2) and Liam Jones with a single vote.

Leaderboard
    48 - Treloar
    41 - Bontempelli
    20 - Dale
    14 - Jones
    12 - Richards
    11 - Ugle-Hagen

22. Thanks bornadog, GVGjr, hujsh, lemmon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the tally Board after our Round 24 game against Greater Western Sydney

Round 24 - Western Bulldogs confirm finals participation with Victory over GWS

Marmo

4 – Ed Richards
    3 – Bailey Dale
    2 – Marcus Bontempelli
    1 – Tom Liberatore

Comments

A fantastic team effort to confirm finals
    We had 27 WOOFers contribute votes with a tight contest at the top.

Top votes to Ed Richards (91 of possible 108) from Bailey Dale (85) ahead of Bontempelli (49), Liberatore (18), Bailey Williams (12), Daniel (5), English (4, )Duryea and Lobb (both 2), with Macrae and Jones (not clarified which Jones) both gaining a single vote.

Leaderboard
    48 - Treloar
    43 - Bontempelli
    23 - Dale
    16 - Richards
    14 - Liam Jones
    11 - Ugle-Hagen

The astute voting of Woofers highlighted by our top 2 being All Australian and our third placegetter being AA squad.

24. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, josie, merantau, Jasper, jazzadogs thanked for this post