Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  1,819
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Is there another KPD player other than Barass available ? I just don't like the idea of paying up big to get him , a player heading towards the end of his career if an injury strikes.

We get Gardner back from injury. I believe he was good enough to play in the GF, but the MC opted with Zaine Cordy.

Someone like a Jackson Paine? He looks like he is making a decent contribution to the Lions now that he is back on the park.
    What about Noble ?
    I think you need at least one absolute gun and Barrass at his age replaces Jones in that role. If it turns out Lobb or JOD or Buss can turn into something similar then that's just cream.

To me if we can for the first time in my forty odd years of watching the Dogs can say we've got rolled gold bookends at the club then I need to see us go for it.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Hall of Famer Brad Johnson calls for Bailey Smith to make a decision about his future

Bulldogs legend Brad Johnson has called for young out-of-contract midfielder Bailey Smith to make a decision about his playing future at the Bulldogs.

Smith was drafted at pick No. 7 by the Western Bulldogs in a stacked 2018 draft. Since then, Smith has played 103 games for the Dogs and has been a key force on the wing and in the Bulldogs stellar midfield.

Bulldogs legend Johnson spoke on the uncertainty surrounding Smith and his future at the Kennel.

?I think it?s a question that needs to be answered now, so that it?s either yes there?s hope, or no, forget about it everyone, it?s not happening,? Johnson told SEN's Sportsday.

?If it?s never, that?s fine; let us know that it?s never because the hope to see a Bailey Smith in September is pretty exciting from that point of view as well.?

The 23-year-old averaged 23.5 disposals, 3.5 tackles, and 3.5 clearances in 2023 and has already put together some great performances in September.

At the beginning of December last year, the star midfielder tore his ACL at training and hasn?t returned to the playing field since.

Gerard Healy also added his thoughts surrounding Smith and how he believes he has checked out at The Kennel.

?As far as your average timeline is concerned, he probably should be on the track ready to roll, (Dan) McStay has come in about the same timeline,? he said.

The out-of-contract Bulldog is being pursued by rival clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn and has appeared to have checked out at Whitten Oval.

?To be completely honest, I didn't see him when I was (at the club) last week, and I made a couple calls today and haven?t had a response,? Johnson added.

Smith has a massive call to make on his future, as his current Bulldogs side is flying at the moment and looks to make yet another September run.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more with Johnno on Smith and you can throw in Tim as well. I hate all this bullshit during the season.

Smith not showing up for training is just crap. He is still contracted till the end of season, so should fulfill his obligations.

I did see a LinkedIn video with smith promoting an end of season coaching event at the club.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...4510451200002/
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks cinder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goneski!

Post Thanks / Like

No one really thinks Smith is staying, surely.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Geelong are on the way down and we are on the way up.
    Just goes to show it’s not about a possible flag . It definitely wouldn’t be money, it would be lifestyle.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The less we see and hear from Baz until our season ends, the better. Let him do whatever he's doing in the shadows and then make the announcement when we're no longer in the mix.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The less we see and hear from Baz until our season ends, the better. Let him do whatever he's doing in the shadows and then make the announcement when we're no longer in the mix.
    Yep. We don’t need his brand of distraction.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just goes to show it’s not about a possible flag . It definitely wouldn’t be money, it would be lifestyle.
    Do you think a 23 year old with a high profile Social media following, would want to live in Geelong?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Geelong are never on the way down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bulldogs Hall of Famer Brad Johnson calls for Bailey Smith to make a decision about his future

Bulldogs legend Brad Johnson has called for young out-of-contract midfielder Bailey Smith to make a decision about his playing future at the Bulldogs.

Smith was drafted at pick No. 7 by the Western Bulldogs in a stacked 2018 draft. Since then, Smith has played 103 games for the Dogs and has been a key force on the wing and in the Bulldogs stellar midfield.

Bulldogs legend Johnson spoke on the uncertainty surrounding Smith and his future at the Kennel.

?I think it?s a question that needs to be answered now, so that it?s either yes there?s hope, or no, forget about it everyone, it?s not happening,? Johnson told SEN's Sportsday.

?If it?s never, that?s fine; let us know that it?s never because the hope to see a Bailey Smith in September is pretty exciting from that point of view as well.?

The 23-year-old averaged 23.5 disposals, 3.5 tackles, and 3.5 clearances in 2023 and has already put together some great performances in September.

At the beginning of December last year, the star midfielder tore his ACL at training and hasn?t returned to the playing field since.

Gerard Healy also added his thoughts surrounding Smith and how he believes he has checked out at The Kennel.

?As far as your average timeline is concerned, he probably should be on the track ready to roll, (Dan) McStay has come in about the same timeline,? he said.

The out-of-contract Bulldog is being pursued by rival clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn and has appeared to have checked out at Whitten Oval.

?To be completely honest, I didn't see him when I was (at the club) last week, and I made a couple calls today and haven?t had a response,? Johnson added.

Smith has a massive call to make on his future, as his current Bulldogs side is flying at the moment and looks to make yet another September run.
    So he's not at work, and Johnno calls him and he ignores the call!
    Wtf.
    I sometimes wonder if he might pull the pin early on his career.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the AFL look very closely at this move and the contract that Geelong are offering him, more specifically, his ambassador deal with Cotton On.

This whole thing stinks.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So he's not at work, and Johnno calls him and he ignores the call!
    Wtf.
    I sometimes wonder if he might pull the pin early on his career.
    I can't believe he didn't answer Johnno's call! As if he hasn't been sitting around waiting for it like the rest of us do all day.......

It's not looking great. I'm going to rip into him mercilessly if and when he goes.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

He almost has to go now right? If he gets to take a month long mid season holiday and then gets to turn up to training when he feels like it only to stay then I have to wonder how bought into footy he is generally, no matter how many pairs of footy boots get tagged with “miss this xo” on IG.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bite the bullet and pay him out as he taking the pi** now. I'm sure the players don't have too much respect for him.

What professional sportsman doesn't try and play finals.
    Last edited by Bullies; 02-08-2024 at 10:04 AM.