Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  107
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new Kennel: Dogs unveil $78m upgrade to Whitten Oval

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hopefully we win the next two game’s otherwise giving day May not be so successful
    The noun giving day.... I can't quite grasp it.
    Hopefully we didn't pay 100 k on consultants to come up with that name

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The noun giving day.... I can't quite grasp it.
    Hopefully we didn't pay 100 k on consultants to come up with that name

doggie, doggie, doggie
    woof, woof, woof,
    DOGGIE, WOOF,
    DOGGIE, WOOF
    doggie,doggie, doggie,
    woof, woof, woof
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is anyone getting a 'Bulldoze the Debt' type vibe about the club at the moment?

I'm happy enough to contribute but would like to get a better indication of the challenges the club has in front of it.
    Yep, and Yep.

We obviously know there have been legal and continue to be legal challenges that present a threat to the long term plans of the club.
    I wonder if in some regards we're cognisant things might not pan out in our favour and we're building a war chest to try and offset the worst potential outcomes.

I could be obviously way off base; I hope I am.

If the club needs to have a grown up conversation with its members about potential existential financial threats looming on the horizon, then let's have the chat and do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Something stinks.

It's like whacking day.
    Whacking day immediately sprang to mind.

Or the temporary refund adjustment President Lisa Simpson tried to sell.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder if the legal payouts that we will have to deal with somewhere down the track are causing us some angst
    I should've simply read ahead before posting

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone getting a 'Bulldoze the Debt' type vibe about the club at the moment?

I'm happy enough to contribute but would like to get a better indication of the challenges the club has in front of it.
    Did everyone get the email from the club about August 7th being the clubs "Fight on Forever in Footscray day"
    From what I can tell every dollar in donations will be matched ie a $100 donation is effectively $200.

I'd like to know how did this funding gap happen as it's not evident yet? Do we just wait until the 7th to find out?
    Is it a cost blow out with the construction or something else? I gather it took many months longer to complete and I'm wondering if we are being asked to help pay for the windfall the construction workers and companies received?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Did everyone get the email from the club about August 7th being the clubs "Fight on Forever in Footscray day"
    From what I can tell every dollar in donations will be matched ie a $100 donation is effectively $200.

I'd like to know how did this funding gap happen as it's not evident yet? Do we just wait until the 7th to find out?
    Is it a cost blow out with the construction or something else? I gather it took many months longer to complete and I'm wondering if we are being asked to help pay for the windfall the construction workers and companies received?
    The construction took longer due to asbestos found in existing buildings. The funding shortfall was mentioned, I think in the financial reports last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The construction took longer due to asbestos found in existing buildings. The funding shortfall was mentioned, I think in the financial reports last year.
    We also have some pretty massive legal costs accrued.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yes that also didn't help

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post

It is definitely short on detail. I would also like to know who is matching the donations? Are they tax deductible? Is this all EW's mate Setka's fault?

BTW where is EW? Is he Setka? The timing of his radio silence is suspicious....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wonder how much the club is hoping they raise? Perhaps the dollar amount the club is looking to the members to help cover will be revealed in due course but to me it's just a bit deceptive to ask the members to start to contribute now without giving them the actual extent of the funding gap? As normal in these statements the devil is in the detail.
    Is it a Bulldoze the Dept substantial type gap or something a bit higher or lower?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much the club is hoping they raise? Perhaps the dollar amount the club is looking to the members to help cover will be revealed in due course but to me it's just a bit deceptive to ask the members to start to contribute now without giving them the actual extent of the funding gap? As normal in these statements the devil is in the detail.
    Is it a Bulldoze the Dept substantial type gap or something a bit higher or lower?
    The email says it starts on August 7 - hope they give us more detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The email says it starts on August 7 - hope they give us more detail
    But they are open to taking money now if you follow the link in the email as it says 'Donate now'.
    If they said we have a gap of 1.5M now it could shape how much I'm prepared to contribute. As it stands, I'll wait until the 7th
    I know some of the people who contributed to the Bulldoze the debt (2012?) and one of them contributed something like 10K.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Thanks Stevo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But they are open to taking money now if you follow the link in the email as it says 'Donate now'.
    If they said we have a gap of 1.5M now it could shape how much I'm prepared to contribute. As it stands, I'll wait until the 7th
    I know some of the people who contributed to the Bulldoze the debt (2012?) and one of them contributed something like 10K.
    I seem to recall it was more like $10 million but don’t quote me on that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Are they tax deductible?
    When you follow the links in the email by pressing "Donate Now" twice , it indicates that donations are tax deductible.

20. Thanks Stevo, Axe Man thanked for this post