Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  38

View Poll Results: Are we IN or are we OUT???

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • We play finals

29 82.86%
  • We suck eggs

6 17.14%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5-games to go...Do we make it or NOT??

I think its different this time, we have been crying out to beat legitimate sides since 21 and finally the last 2 weeks( plus wins against Collingwood Fremantle Giants) have lifted the horizon for the playing group.

The move of Richards and Lobb cant be underestimated and like others cant wait for Jones to play a lock down role against the swans. Love the fact we are resting role players this week and have the ability to bring in form players from the VFL.

Bevo and the coaches just seem to be getting the balance right and the last two weeks haven't been off the back of Bont's brilliance. I think if we beat Sydney we will not only play finals we could make a prelim a lot rides on this week but this group are reminding me of the Giants last year.

We have also generally finished games off well, I'm as bullish now as anytime in the Bevo area with where we are headed. If not this year then next we will play in another prelim and who knows from there.

2. Likes GVGjr, azabob, bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can?t see us loosing any of these games. We are the best inform side with seasoned players.
    Bring on September we are ready

Post Thanks / Like

Well take it with a grain of salt, live ladders has us finishing 4th and going back to Sydney in a bit over a month.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just did some ladder predictors and reviewed the games to go. My take, it looks pretty simple:

3 wins = probably top 4 for the first time in Bevo era - away prelim final
    2 wins = probably finish 6th - home elim final
    1 win = miss finals

(A) Adelaide in Adelaide
    (H) North at Marvel
    (H) GWS at Ballarat
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just have to maintain the rage. None of the upcoming games are gimmes but none of them are games we should be losing.

It feels like the penny has dropped with this group in terms of work rate and role playing, and with blokes getting 30-40 touches in the VFL and still probably struggling to crack the team, no one should be easing off the throttle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Just have to maintain the rage. None of the upcoming games are gimmes but none of them are games we should be losing.

It feels like the penny has dropped with this group in terms of work rate and role playing, and with blokes getting 30-40 touches in the VFL and still probably struggling to crack the team, no one should be easing off the throttle.
    Yep. A loss this week would heap the pressure on. A win would be so close to grabbing a top 4 spot, surely a huge motivator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I think its different this time, we have been crying out to beat legitimate sides since 21 and finally the last 2 weeks( plus wins against Collingwood Fremantle Giants) have lifted the horizon for the playing group.

The move of Richards and Lobb cant be underestimated and like others cant wait for Jones to play a lock down role against the swans. Love the fact we are resting role players this week and have the ability to bring in form players from the VFL.

Bevo and the coaches just seem to be getting the balance right and the last two weeks haven't been off the back of Bont's brilliance. I think if we beat Sydney we will not only play finals we could make a prelim a lot rides on this week but this group are reminding me of the Giants last year.

We have also generally finished games off well, I'm as bullish now as anytime in the Bevo area with where we are headed. If not this year then next we will play in another prelim and who knows from there.
    Its interesting the positional changes of Lobb and Richards. The great thing is, they are in positions which are to their strengths.
    Lobb is a good mark. The fact he has experience as a forward, he knows what is a GOOD delivery to forward line. As a defender he has this wealth of experience and can read the play early. Added his size and strength he is such a great fit for the role.

Richard is just a natural footballer. He has fantastic balance, being able to keep his feet and always seems to be able to get the power thud into his kick as he is in such good position to kick it. Top person to have on the outside from a clearance to take ball away. Added now he is a goal kicking mid, he is soo dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. A loss this week would heap the pressure on. A win would be so close to grabbing a top 4 spot, surely a huge motivator.
    We absolutely must put Adelaide and North to the sword in the next two weeks. Demolition jobs.

That way, teams behind us can cause all the upsets they want, and we only need worry about who is in front of us.

Freo and Brisbane's draws will cause havoc in the final calculations. Changing one win/loss on tight games in the ladder predictor results in massive changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide aren’t *that* terrible. They’ve underperformed for sure but their forward mix is still pretty dangerous, plus they’re getting their best guy back just in time to play us. I’ll be happy enough just to win before we even consider by how much.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb is an athlete giant who loves his new position and his ability to play it. He has value added to our weakness. Jigsaw complete.
    Our last picked six also value add to past teams. Our twos are top two.
    I am bullish and think we probably won't lose another game.

It is up to other games to determine where we finish.
    We are synergising and will be rooting hard and often.
    The locomotive of 2016 is alive with plenty of fuel in its cast iron fire chamber.
    Footscray Football Republic.

13. Likes macca, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs win the next 3
    Freo lose one more
    Port &/or Cats lose one game for the rest of the year
    (GWS lose to us as we win all three in this scenario)

Dogs finish top 3 or 4.

15. Thanks josie, Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dogs win the next 3
    Port & Cats lose one game for the rest of the year

Dogs finish top 4.
    Freo play Geelong next week
    We must win to get above the loser. Hopefully that is Geelong as their other 2 are Saints and Eagles.

Big chance for Freo to lose the following week against GWS.
    Freo also get Port in the last round.
    Win their home games and they open up top 4 for us.

GWS have the toughest run Brisbane Freo and us with Freo having Feeling, GWS and Port but 2 at home helps them.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

17. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have also done a ladder predictor where Dogs win the next two. Lose to GWS in the last and miss the finals on 14 wns.

That is if Bombers win last three against:

Suns (Marvel)
    Swans (SCG)
    Lions (GABBA)

Blues also win last three:

Hawks (MCG)
    Eagles (Optus)
    Saints (Marvel)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I have also done a ladder predictor where Dogs win the next two. Lose to GWS in the last and miss the finals on 14 wns.

Suns (Marvel)
    Swans (SCG)
    Lions (GABBA)

Hawks (MCG)
    Eagles (Optus)
    Saints (Marvel)
    Not paying Sons Sydney & Brisbane away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

Suns (Marvel)
    Swans (SCG)
    Lions (GABBA)

Hawks (MCG)
    Eagles (Optus)
    Saints (Marvel)
    In this same ladder predictor.

If Dogs win the last game they will finish THIRD, if the lost they will finish NINTH!!!!!!!!!!!!