• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.61%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 4.84%
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Kind of.

The AFL has a formula, no one really knows what it is but how good the deal the player is getting seems to be a determining factor in how good the compensation is.

Where it's linked to your position on the ladder sometimes, is that a compo pick may come after your normal pick in the draft.

For eg North got pick 2 last year as part of their ladder position, then pick 3 for the McKay compensation.
    Given English would almost certainly attract band 1 compo the pick will be after after our natural first round pick (that we don't have).

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Given English would almost certainly attract band 1 compo the pick will be after after our natural first round pick (that we don't have).
    This is an important point... Even though we traded away the pick, if we get band 1 compensation then we will still get the pick after the one we traded away.

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see the point in matching an opposing bid that’s higher than ours. He will stay with us.

Post Thanks / Like

The @WestCoastEagles are locked in a two-horse race for the signature of @westernbulldogs star Tim English.

After interest from multiple clubs, English has narrowed his choice down to staying at the Dogs, or a move home to play for West Coast, who have tabled a 6-yr deal.

While the Dogs remain in the box seat, the All-Australian ruckman has warmed to the idea of joining the rebuilding Eagles, with the WA lifestyle presenting strong appeal.
    https://x.com/FootyRhino/status/1816...TzWwYjJcg&s=19

For me I think the longer this drags on the less likely it is that Tim will be with us next year

7. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So at this point, there’s a good chance Tim is leaving. He may or may not. But the chances are rising.

So Sam Power wouldn’t be simply hoping he stays. Power would have to have a plan in place to provide the head coach a satisfactory first ruck next year. What do we think the plan might be?

From within? Lobb looks good in defence. Darcy is a pup with injury history. Smith probs didn’t have pubes when we won our last flag.

Trade one in? From which club? What type of ruck would we want? What player/pick would we part with? How much salary?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So at this point, there’s a good chance Tim is leaving. He may or may not. But the chances are rising.

So Sam Power wouldn’t be simply hoping he stays. Power would have to have a plan in place to provide the head coach a satisfactory first ruck next year. What do we think the plan might be?

From within? Lobb looks good in defence. Darcy is a pup with injury history. Smith probs didn’t have pubes when we won our last flag.

Trade one in? From which club? What type of ruck would we want? What player/pick would we part with? How much salary?
    Sad thing is the type of ruck Bevo wants imo is exactly what English is. There's not much out there in terms of replacement. Need to sign him up.
    The curse is dead.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Sad thing is the type of ruck Bevo wants imo is exactly what English is. There's not much out there in terms of replacement. Need to sign him up.
    That’s not the question though. If he goes, surely we have a plan. What is it I wonder?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That’s not the question though. If he goes, surely we have a plan. What is it I wonder?
    I think the plan is he accepts our terms in the end.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think the plan is he accepts our terms in the end.
    Cmon Chef, off the fence!

Clearly the club is professional enough to understand Tim could leave and would have a contingency in place. Unless we don’t have one and if Tim leaves we scramble in panic?

Post Thanks / Like

Cmon Chef, off the fence!

Clearly the club is professional enough to understand Tim could leave and would have a contingency in place. Unless we don’t have one and if Tim leaves we scramble in panic?
    I guess my side on the fence is convince English to stay.

We arent going to be able to replace him with another established number 1 ruck, not much around.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Pittonet has been mentioned.

Any interest in Stanley? Looks like he was playing VFL on the weekend. On paper is kind of our sort of ruck even if he's not of the same quality as English. Has he declined or do they just prefer Blicaves now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Pittonet has been mentioned.

Any interest in Stanley? Looks like he was playing VFL on the weekend. On paper is kind of our sort of ruck even if he's not of the same quality as English. Has he declined or do they just prefer Blicaves now?
    English is probably the only ruck Stanley could beat even though Geelong won a premiership with him 2 years ago!!!! I’d still do it as a back up option because I still see Lobb and Darcy sharing first ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty ballsy move dishing off English in what is supposed to be his prime and picking up Stanley at 34 at seasons start.

If we were going to put a contingency in place then it should have been getting Grundy last year, as nobody else will really appeal to Beveridge outside of who we already have on the list (although that would have turned out to be completely impractical given Darcy's fitness taking an upturn, which I wasn't certain of happening when I advocated getting Grundy in the first place - not to mention JUH's contract extension being put at risk if spots forward were under pressure).

I like Lobb as a ruck, and if he's true to his word that all he wants to do is play seniors wherever that is, then I'm OK with him playing out two years with us as first ruck with a lot of support from Darcy and our other forwards. Not sure about how his body responds to that, so we'll still need to pick someone up and if it's Stanley for a year then so be it.

This is on the proviso that we land Barrass.

Out - English
    In - Stanley (UFA). Lobb rucks and Stanley gets paid $500K a year to be a back up
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stanley blows. We should get Ned Reeves.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes jeemak, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Stanley blows. We should get Ned Reeves.
    Play along mate.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.