Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  471
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 236364656667686970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,085 of 1085
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    WHY BONTEMPELLI STANDS ABOVE CRIPPS AND MERRETT AS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE FOR ALL-AUSTRALIAN CAPTAIN
    It's time that the selectors made it official. The ?Bont? is the game's best player, and the ?Bont? should be without question, the All-Australian captain in 2024.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/...us-choice-for/
    I was going to post something, now I can't recall what it was.

Post Thanks / Like

So... one for bulldogtragic...

So gut feel Bontempelli would be on $1m-$1.1m this season and he is out of contract end of 2025 and is an unrestricted free agent.

Which means if Bont wants to leave, he can walk, and we cannot do a damn thing about it.

How much will clubs such as St. Kilda, North Melbourne, Essendon etc. etc. offer Bontempelli to leave?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont would only want to leave for a chance at another flag I would imagine. Not sure cashed up clubs would be able to offer that more than us except Geelong who have an unlimited salary cap.

In terms of $$$ I'm sure Power has worked things to ensure he's more than taken care of. There's no way he's leaving to the likes of essendon, saints, North etc for extra cash.

My only concern (and it's minute) of Bont leaving is if we're still underperforming next year and he has lost patience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So... one for bulldogtragic...

So gut feel Bontempelli would be on $1m-$1.1m this season and he is out of contract end of 2025 and is an unrestricted free agent.

Which means if Bont wants to leave, he can walk, and we cannot do a damn thing about it.

How much will clubs such as St. Kilda, North Melbourne, Essendon etc. etc. offer Bontempelli to leave?
    Probably more than we could ever pay. But I’m not worried. He will be the highest ever player at our club ever and it’s captain. As long as we continue trending in the right direction and involved in any major decisions around Bevo if that’s a thing that’d impact him, then he’s close to a cert to stay id think. I’m sure he’ll have 18 offers or 18 list managers aren’t trying to get the best player in the league which would be derelict of them. That don’t mean much.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also not worried. It would take a Petracca like situation for him to want out I reckon.