Thanks Thanks:  387
Likes Likes:  2,172

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Longing good. Happy to admit I was wrong make finals and win at least 1 of them.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We clearly ourselves around the mark for the next five years throwing the capital at Barrass for five years and the players signed up. If Bevo gets into finals and tells the club he thinks he’s got 5 years to deliver on the refresh/rebuild. Then he stays.

I don’t understand the side from earlier this year of his, to the one he has walking on water now, but he gets the bad and the good/plaudits.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Longing good. Happy to admit I was wrong make finals and win at least 1 of them.
    Bevo 2 more years
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp

WBD the first side since GEEL in 1993 to play 3 games in a row vs sides that were sitting inside the top 3 and win all 3

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Mofra, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo 2 more years
    Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo 2 more years
    While there is still some work to do I'd like to think the supporters and club think this is a conversation worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes bornadog, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Swamp

WBD the first side since GEEL in 1993 to play 3 games in a row vs sides that were sitting inside the top 3 and win all 3
    When you consider how emphatic the two away wins were it's an astonishing achievement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    When you consider how emphatic the two away wins were it's an astonishing achievement.
    Especially considering the giant bag of shit that preceded it.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

No extensions until we win the flag.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

The drums started beating loudly because of the poor start. What if we collapse? What if we started rhe season off well? It's really not time to have this conversation though, we're in a position to finish in the 8 and are looking extremely dangerous. Credit were it due right now.

14. Likes angelopetraglia, azabob, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Bevo 10 years. I've never enjoyed watching the Dogs more since 2015 and that nudges out Rockets years.
    I gone through Sutton in the very late 60's till now and Bevo has eclipsed them all.
    So if he has the passion I say go for it because the next coach maybe another Peter Rohde.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I am happy to admit I have changed my tune.

Not just because of the W column stacking up, but because for the most part our losses (Melbourne, Brisbane and Port aside) have generally been competitive losses. I like that there has been selection integrity. I like that players, senior and developing have been dropped and re-integrated. Most of all I like that players have all improved and developed over the course of 2024. JUH, Darcy, West, Naughts in the forward line. Buku, Lobb, JOD, Bramble in the backline. We have thrown guys around and its worked.

Even if we don't make finals which would be really disappointing from here. We are on track, with a game plan and personnel prepared to execute it.

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with how things are progressing but I wouldn't be throwing around extensions until we see how the season wraps and how we start next year - assuming we don't progress to a preliminary final or beyond.

We've held the line that Bevo is contracted for next year and that's that. I'm OK with it going both ways.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

19. Likes 1eyedog, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm happy with how things are progressing but I wouldn't be throwing around extensions until we see how the season wraps and how we start next year - assuming we don't progress to a preliminary final or beyond.

We've held the line that Bevo is contracted for next year and that's that. I'm OK with it going both ways.
    BTW, my comment was a joke between me and JanLorMill based on a text.

Agree, no way we should be talking extensions at this stage.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Bevo fan, and really glad we were able to see our way through the changes internally that he was making. (even if we didn't see it at the time) But the fact remains, making the 8 with a late surge isnt a pass mark. Winning 1 final, probably 2 is the pass mark.

If we are not involved in the 2nd or 3rd week of the finals with our list, profile and raw talent, it is not acceptable.