Thanks Thanks:  397
Likes Likes:  2,352
Page 301 of 307 FirstFirst ... 201251291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307 LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4596
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    "He sees the game really well. He's a really smart coach, game-style wise. He's got his views on how the game should be played and he's really strong.
    If he sees things well then maybe DON'T coach West Coast?

The media that will be required/demanded of whoever gets this job will be outrageous...you only get one shot at it - I'm not sure I would be making a play for the WC job.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

The media that will be required/demanded of whoever gets this job will be outrageous...you only get one shot at it - I'm not sure I would be making a play for the WC job.
    I think you're right, but wonder if Monty needs to grab something while it's available considering he's been passed over a few times.

I'd like to see him have a crack. Seems well respected wherever he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I think you're right, but wonder if Monty needs to grab something while it's available considering he's been passed over a few times.

I'd like to see him have a crack. Seems well respected wherever he goes.
    I just think you need to have an impeccable record/background to take on a job at a club like West Coast. I'm not sure Montgomery can tick all those boxes and they are still going to have a few growing pains...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think you need to have an impeccable record/background to take on a job at a club like West Coast. I'm not sure Montgomery can tick all those boxes and they are still going to have a few growing pains...
    Yeh it feels like the job will go to a Watters/McCartney/Teague who will become the fall guy when they don't get instant improvement.

I thought it was weird, like BAD, that they didn't mention his coaching stint at the dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Yeh it feels like the job will go to a Watters/McCartney/Teague who will become the fall guy when they don't get instant improvement.

I thought it was weird, like BAD, that they didn't mention his coaching stint at the dogs.
    Especially that he had a guiding hand to the finals I always felt he was the bad cop opposed to Bevo's good cop.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Yes, however for someone like Montgomery who has been overlooked a few times, is maybe already past the age where he can be an "up and coming" coach, isn't someone who could get a job on name alone (like say Hird) nor is the natural successor anywhere, at some point you've just got to take what you can get and run with it.

The Eagles job might be a poisoned chalice, but maybe take it expecting 2 years on substantially better pay, with the possibility thatit might actually go well, but if it doesn't it sets you up better for a Director of Football type gig down the track.

I mean if Monty doesn't get this he maybe gets deep into one more apllication process before he is not considered anymore?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Yes, however for someone like Montgomery who has been overlooked a few times, is maybe already past the age where he can be an "up and coming" coach, isn't someone who could get a job on name alone (like say Hird) nor is the natural successor anywhere, at some point you've just got to take what you can get and run with it.

The Eagles job might be a poisoned chalice, but maybe take it expecting 2 years on substantially better pay, with the possibility thatit might actually go well, but if it doesn't it sets you up better for a Director of Football type gig down the track.

I mean if Monty doesn't get this he maybe gets deep into one more application process before he is not considered anymore?
    Do you think Gia is almost at this stage as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Monty apparently has an offer from the Crows as an assistant as well so he can return to SA and be with the family.
    The coaching merry-go-round speculation normally ramps up in August.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You have to take the senior gig when its available I think. There is only 18 positions after all.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most long term assistants who really harbor ambitions of being the senior coach can't afford to be picky but I do think there is a chance an interim coach is needed at West Coast for the short term.
    All of the coaches will need to do their due diligence because list wise they aren't in great shape.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think Gia is almost at this stage as well
    Gia is 9 years younger, I think he's got more time up his sleeve than Monty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Gia is 9 years younger, I think he's got more time up his sleeve than Monty.
    It's more the fact he has tried so many times to get a senior role, and he keeps missing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it’s the best place for a new coach to start . You can only go up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Monty seems to me like Brian Royal level cannon fodder in this process, albeit more credentialed from his playing days in terms of being a premiership player - but definitely not on talent (and to be fair, his coaching days).

Always mentioned, never picked.

In his favour is he's still reasonably young, so perhaps the Dickhead and his merry men anti-Beveridge media cabal can get his Port Adelaide chemo's ****ing with your head mate's foot in the door.

Everyone ties Monty to our success in 2016, but the biggest correlation with performance I can see in that year was what happened after he left. Nobody ever really talks about that. They just focus on that one week off we had prior to finals where we got all our players back.......and the Salty Dog, of course.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Onto that sledge:

Montgomery is believed to have told Ramanauskas: "The chemo's been f- - - - - - with your head, you wanker,".
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/can...02-gdinoh.html

A simple as it sounds, there's so many things people have wrong with them that they CAN change to enable you to avoid picking on them for things they CAN'T, when you're ripping into them.

He just seems old school to me.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.